European Journal of Operational Research
1991, Volume 54, Issue 3
- 274-286 Visual interactive modelling: The past, the present, and the prospects
by Bell, Peter C.
- 287-292 Visual interactive simulation as a communication tool -- A case study
by Porter, Kenneth
- 293-298 WITNESS: Unlocking the power of visual interactive simulation
by Clark, Martin F.
- 299-305 Development and use of a visual interactive planning board within Alcan Aluminium
by Walker, L. J. & Woolven, J. D.
- 306-317 An animated interactive modelling system for decision support
by Buchanan, Iain & McKinnon, Ken
- 318-324 BANKADVISER: An industrial evaluation system
by Mareschal, B. & Brans, J. P.
- 325-329 Enhancing point-of-sale productivity and satisfaction in retail stores
by Lembersky, Mark R.
- 330-338 Visual interactive financial models: An overview of microcomputer software offerings and discussion of potential decision support
by Parker, Drew C.
- 339-348 Interaction with a visual interactive simulation, and the effect of cognitive style
by O'Keefe, Robert M. & Pitt, Ivan L.
- 349-356 Intelligent Visual Interactive Modelling
by Hurrion, R. D.
- 357-362 Whither VIM? -- A developer's view
by Bright, J. G. & Johnston, K. J.
1991, Volume 54, Issue 2
- 141-150 Cutting stock problems and solution procedures
by Haessler, Robert W. & Sweeney, Paul E.
- 151-162 A heuristic approach to the lumber allocation problem in hardwood dimension and furniture manufacturing
by Foronda, Segundino U. & Carino, Honorio F.
- 163-175 System planning and configuration problems for optimal system design
by Tang, Christopher S. & Yoo, Seuck-Cheun
- 176-190 A framework for sensitivity analysis in discrete multi-objective decision-making
by Insua, David Rios & French, Simon
- 191-198 A multiple criteria decision model with ordinal preference data
by Cook, Wade D. & Kress, Moshe
- 199-209 Transformation and restructuring of linear multiobjective programs: A fundamental method to resolve complex problems
by Chien, I. S. & Yu, P. L.
- 210-226 The continuous modular design problem with linear separable side constraints
by Goldberg, Jeffrey
- 227-236 Two algorithms for maximizing a separable concave function over a polymatroid feasible region
by Groenevelt, H.
- 237-255 Parametric nonlinear integer programming: The right-hand side case
by Chern, Maw-Sheng & Jan, Rong-Hong & Chern, Ren-Jer
- 256-266 Analyses of an M/M/N/ queue with server's vacations
by Kao, Edward P. C. & Narayanan, Kumar S.
1991, Volume 54, Issue 1
- 1-6 One time only incentives and inventory policies
by Goyal, S. K. & Srinivasan, G. & Arcelus, F. J.
- 7-22 The pickup and delivery problem with time windows
by Dumas, Yvan & Desrosiers, Jacques & Soumis, Francois
- 23-38 On the computational complexity of (maximum) class scheduling
by Kolen, Antoon W. J. & Kroon, Leo G.
- 39-47 Tabu search for large scale timetabling problems
by Hertz, A.
- 48-65 as a compromise between outranking methods and
by Matarazzo, Benedetto
- 66-73 Applications of the parametric programming procedure
by Bryson, Noel
- 74-80 Proper efficiency in nonconvex vector-maximization-problems
by Belkeziz, Khalid & Pirlot, Marc
- 81-94 Generalized Nash games and quasi-variational inequalities
by Harker, Patrick T.
- 95-114 A new approach to uncertain parameter linear programming
by Yang, Yaguang
- 115-120 Water needs for irrigation based on soil water negative pressure -- A renewal theory application on potatoes
by Sapountzis, Costas
- 121-139 Consistency of infinitesimal perturbation analysis for the GI/G/m queue
by Fu, Michael C. & Hu, Jian-Qiang
- 140-139 HMIP - Heuristic program for mixed integer programs
by Ibaraki, T.
1991, Volume 53, Issue 3
- 257-278 The maximum flow problem: A max-preflow approach
by Mazzoni, Giuseppe & Pallottino, Stefano & Scutella, Maria Grazia
- 279-287 Road planning in rural areas of developing countries
by Makarachi, G. A. & Tillotson, H. T.
- 288-296 On the riskiness of the world's stock markets
by Malkamaki, Markku J. & Martikainen, Teppo & Perttunen, Jukka
- 297-308 A demand-to-manufacturing-requirement model based on predefined configurations
by Proth, J. -M. & Xie, X. -L.
- 309-316 Cost function for a periodic reorder-point system with time dependent replenishment costs
by Matta, Khalil F.
- 317-325 Single machine scheduling problem with a common deadline and resource dependent release dates
by Janiak, Adam
- 326-336 The complexity of shop-scheduling problems with two or three jobs
by Sotskov, Yu. N.
- 337-347 Cardinal ranking of alternative actions: extension of the method
by Diakoulaki, D. & Koumoutsos, N.
- 348-361 Application of fuzzy theories to multiple objective decision making in system design
by Anoop Kumar Dhingra & Moskowitz, Herbert
- 362-370 Some bounds on probability of error in fuzzy discrimination problems
by Pardo, L. & Menendez, M. L.
- 371-381 A nonlinear programming approach to the parameter design problem
by Fathi, Yahya
- 382-392 Approximate analysis of a closed fork/join model
by Liu, Y. C. & Perros, H. G.
- 393-401 The arc partitioning problem
by Bodin, Lawrence & Levy, Laurence
- 402-404 A linear time algorithm for the maximum capacity path problem
by Punnen, Abraham P.
1991, Volume 53, Issue 2
- 131-148 Multilevel capacitated lotsizing complexity and LP-based heuristics
by Maes, Johan & McClain, John O. & Van Wassenhove, Luk N.
- 149-165 FLEXSIM: A flexible manufacturing system simulator
by Gelenbe, Erol & Guennouni, Hatim
- 166-171 A nonlinear goal programming model for multistage, multiobjective decision problems with application to grouping and loading problem in a flexible manufacturing system
by Kumar, P. & Singh, N. & Tewari, N. K.
- 172-188 Cyclic service queues with very short service times
by Kubat, P. & Servi, L. D.
- 189-205 A data envelopment analytic model for assessing the relative efficiency of the selling function
by Mahajan, Jayashree
- 206-216 Incorporating the uncertainty of decision judgements in the analytic hierarchy process
by Sajjad Zahir, M.
- 217-227 Beyond preference information based multiple criteria decision making
by Rosinger, Elemer E.
- 228-243 Single-sided economic screening models incorporating individual unit misclassification error and risk preference
by Moskowitz, Herbert & Plante, Robert & Tsai, Hsien-Tang
- 244-253 Planar exponential random walk with restricted angles of turn
by Conolly, Brian W. & Roberts, David M.
1991, Volume 53, Issue 1
- 1-13 Efficient models for the facility layout problem
by Heragu, Sunderesh S. & Kusiak, Andrew
- 14-24 The zone-constrained location problem on a network
by Berman, O. & Einav, D. & Handler, G.
- 25-37 Heuristics for the p-hub location problem
by Klincewicz, J. G.
- 38-45 Computational results from a new Lagrangean relaxation algorithm for the capacitated plant location problem
by Barcelo, Jaime & Fernandez, Elena & Jornsten, Kurt O.
- 46-63 Opportunity-based block replacement
by Dekker, Rommert & Smeitink, Eric
- 64-80 Computing k-shortest path for nuclear spent fuel highway transportation
by Miaou, Shaw-Pin & Chin, Shih-Miao
- 81-92 A parametric approach to solving bicriterion shortest path problems
by Mote, John & Murthy, Ishwar & Olson, David L.
- 93-105 A probabilistic FLEET model with individual vehicle reliability requirements
by ReVelle, Charles & Marianov, Vladimir
- 106-118 A binomial contingent claims model for valuing risky ventures
by Ritchken, P. & Kamrad, B.
- 119-121 Level scheduling to minimize schedule length on lots of unit-time jobs
by Richey, Michael B.
1991, Volume 52, Issue 3
- 259-266 Modeling prison populations
by Yablon, Marvin
- 267-279 Application of production scheduling methods to external and internal audit scheduling
by Dodin, Bajis & Huang Chan, K.
- 280-290 Design of multi-stage screening procedures for a serial production system
by Tang, Kwei
- 291-299 The examination of worker cross-training in a dual resource constrained job shop
by Park, Paul Sungchil
- 300-314 Single and multiple period layout models for automated manufacturing systems
by Kouvelis, Panagiotis & Kiran, Ali S.
- 315-325 A dual algorithm for the economic lot-sizing problem
by van Hoesel, Stan & Wagelmans, Albert & Kolen, Antoon
- 326-333 Effects of inflation and time-value of money on an inventory model with linear time-dependent demand rate and shortages
by Datta, T. K. & Pal, A. K.
- 334-344 An application of linear goal programming to the marketing distribution decision
by Kwak, N. K. & Schniederjans, Marc J. & Warkentin, Kimberly S.
- 345-360 Goal programming problems with interval coefficients and target intervals
by Inuiguchi, Masahiro & Kume, Yasufumi
- 361-366 A characterisation of the feasible set of objective function vectors in linear multiple objective problems
by White, D. J.
- 367-372 Optimal control of a queuing network system with two types of customers
by Shioyama, Tadayoshi
- 373-377 The k-neighbor domination problem
by Hwang, Shiow-Fen & Chang, Gerard J.
- 378-381 A two-error-detecting arithmetical check system for decimal identification numbers
by Stevens, Patrick
- 382-383 Approximate articulation of preference and priority derivation -- a comment
by Kress, Moshe
1991, Volume 52, Issue 2
- 129-141 Operational research and insurance
by Haehling von Lanzenauer, Christoph & Wright, Don D.
- 142-154 A transition planning method applied in a decision support system for potplant nurseries
by Saedt, Anton P. H. & Hendriks, Theo H. B. & Smits, Frank M.
- 155-166 Myopic and stationary solutions for stochastic cash balance problems
by Penttinen, Markku J.
- 167-178 Algorithms for a class of single-machine weighted tardiness and earliness problems
by Yano, Candace Arai & Kim, Yeong-Dae
- 179-193 An optimal algorithm for the multi-item capacitated production planning problem
by Lotfi, Vahid & Chen, Wun-Hwa
- 194-202 A new heuristic for the n-job, M-machine flow-shop problem
by Ho, Johnny C. & Chang, Yih-Long
- 203-214 An algorithm of internal feasible directions for linear integer programming
by Vassilev, Vassil & Genova, Krassimira
- 215-223 Linear production functions and the data envelopment analysis
by Chang, Kuo-Ping & Guh, Yeah-Yuh
- 224-234 EXTRA: An expert system for multicriteria decision making
by Pasche, C.
- 235-246 COAL: A new heuristic approach for solving the fixed charge problem -- computational results
by Wright, Don & von Lanzenauer, Christop Haehling
- 247-254 ATDM with nonindependent sources
by Bruneel, Herwig
- 255-258 An elementary proof of Paelinck's theorem on the convex hull of ranked criterion weights
by Claessens, M. N. A. J. & Lootsma, F. A. & Vogt, F. J.
1991, Volume 52, Issue 1
- 1-15 Applied data envelopment analysis
by Boussofiane, A. & Dyson, R. G. & Thanassoulis, E.
- 16-27 An OR contribution to the solution of the environmental problems in the Netherlands caused by manure
by de Mol, Rudi M. & van Beek, Paul
- 28-44 Stochastic programming in water management: A case study and a comparison of solution techniques
by Dupacova, Jitka & Gaivoronski, Alexei & Kos, Zdenek & Szantai, Tamas
- 45-54 Designing an optimal production system with inspection
by Tang, Christopher S.
- 55-64 A multiobjective approach to evaluating and planning the allocation of inspection resources
by Klimberg, Ronald & ReVelle, Charles & Cohon, Jared
- 65-74 Fast primal and dual heuristics for the p-median location problem
by Eugenia Captivo, M.
- 75-85 Polyhedral results for a vehicle routing problem
by Campos, V. & Corberan, A. & Mota, E.
- 86-89 Integer linear programming formulation for a vehicle routing problem
by Achuthan, N. R. & Caccetta, L.
- 90-102 Pyramidal tours and the traveling salesman problem
by van der Veen, Jack A. A. & Sierksma, Gerard & van Dal, Rene
- 103-106 Stable strategies for processor sharing systems
by Haviv, Moshe
- 107-112 On the unimodality of present-value distributions
by Artikis, Theodore & Jerwood, David
- 113-118 A note on scalarizing functions under changing sets of criteria
by Vetschera, Rudolf
- 119-124 On the finiteness of the criss-cross method
by Fukuda, Komei & Matsui, Tomomi
- 125-124 OR software -- ORSEP operations research software exchange program
by Hamacher, H. W.
1991, Volume 51, Issue 3
- 283-300 Mathematical programming formulations for machine scheduling: A survey
by Blazewicz, Jacek & Dror, Moshe & Weglarz, Jan
- 301-309 Operational research in the Danish steel industry
by Niels Thorsen, Michael & Victor Valqui Vidal, Rene
- 310-312 The inventory joint replenishment problem with a general class of joint costs
by Atkins, Derek R.
- 313-326 Optimal buffer inventories for multistage production systems with failures
by Jensen, Paul A. & Pakath, Ramakrishnan & Wilson, James R.
- 327-337 Stochastic optimization of reservation systems
by Virtamo, Jorma T. & Aalto, Samuli
- 338-347 Theory and methodologyThe hierarchical network design problem with transshipment facilities
by Current, John & Pirkul, Hasan
- 348-353 Optimal assignment of slack due-dates and sequencing of jobs with random processing times on a single machine
by Cheng, T. C. E.
- 354-366 Primal-dual approach to the single level capacitated lot-sizing problem
by Lozano, Sebastian & Larraneta, Juan & Onieva, Luis
- 367-386 The equivalence of an LCP to a parametric linear program with a scalar parameter
by Patrizi, Giacomo
- 387-399 An extension of a greedy heuristic for the knapsack problem
by White, D. J.
- 400-404 Data dependent worst case bound improving techniques in zero--one programming
by Oguz, Osman
- 405-411 Cooperative games arising from network flow problems
by Rosenthal, Edward C.
1991, Volume 51, Issue 2
- 155-167 Cyclical queueing systems
by Campbell, Gerard M.
- 168-178 O.R. techniques for use in redesigning manufacturing and associated business systems
by Tobias, Andrew
- 179-187 Manpower planning models and their estimation
by McClean, Sally
- 188-198 Sequencing jobs on a single machine with a common due date and stochastic processing times
by Sarin, Subhash C. & Erel, Erdal & Steiner, George
- 199-209 Approximation algorithms for single-machine sequencing with delivery times and unit batch set-up times
by Zdrzalka, Stanisllaw
- 210-222 Analytical perturbations in Markov chains
by Baruh, H. & Altiok, T.
- 223-232 On fuzzy tournaments and their solution concepts in group decision making
by Nurmi, Hannu & Kacprzyk, Janusz
- 233-247 Multi-level programming and conflict resolution
by Anandalingam, G. & Apprey, Victor
- 248-258 Exact colouring algorithm for weighted graphs applied to timetabling problems with lectures of different lengths
by Cangalovic, Mirjana & Schreuder, Jan A. M.
- 259-269 Lexicographic geometric programming
by Luptacik, M. & Turnovec, F.
- 270-281 A finite algorithm for solving the generalized lattice point problem
by Fulop, Janos
1991, Volume 51, Issue 1
- 1-23 A survey of maintenance models for multi-unit systems
by Cho, Danny I. & Parlar, Mahmut
- 24-34 Modelling a fertiliser distribution system
by Sharma, R. R. K.
- 35-41 Performance evaluation in a local government: The case of a social work department meals-on-wheels service
by Ball, Robert & Beckett, Anne
- 42-46 Evaluating software controls for electronic data interchange
by Adolphson, Donald L. & Hansen, James V.
- 47-64 Optimal control of variable rate coding with incomplete observation in integrated voice/data packet networks
by Saito, Hiroshi
- 65-72 Combining forecasts given different types of objectives
by Reeves, Gary R. & Lawrence, Kenneth D.
- 73-87 Multi-item, multi-level lot sizing with an aggregate capacity constraint
by Roll, Yaakov & Karni, Reuven
- 88-99 Branch and bound algorithm for the flow shop with multiple processors
by Brah, Shaukat A. & Hunsucker, John L.
- 100-109 On the complexity of generalized due date scheduling problems
by Hall, Nicholas G. & Sethi, Suresh P. & Sriskandarajah, Chelliah
- 110-118 A decomposition approach to multi-project scheduling
by Deckro, Richard F. & Winkofsky, E. P. & E. Hebert, John & Gagnon, Roger
- 119-126 Bicriteria network flow problems: Continuous case
by Lee, Haijune & Simin Pulat, P.
- 127-135 Set partition by globally optimized cluster seed points
by Pinter, Janos & Pesti, Geza
- 136-140 Note on an optimization model for pavement marking systems
by Easa, Said M.
1991, Volume 50, Issue 3
- 235-248 Stochastic modelling of reservoir operations
by Reznicek, K. & Cheng, T. C. E.
- 249-256 Deterministic fixed order-level inventory models: An application for replenishment of radioactive source material for irradiation sterilizers
by Baker, R. C. & Urban, Timothy L.
- 257-265 Production planning with discounting and stochastic demands
by Higle, Julia L.
- 266-279 An integrated plant loading model with economies of scale and scope
by Cohen, Morris A. & Moon, Sangwon
- 280-297 A comparison of heuristics and relaxations for the capacitated plant location problem
by Cornuejols, G. & Sridharan, R. & Thizy, J. M.
- 298-309 Periodic transportation schedules with flexible departure times : An interactive approach based on the periodic event scheduling problem and the deficit function approach
by Gertsbakh, Ilya & Serafini, Paolo
- 310-324 The finite capacity multi-server queue with inhomogeneous arrival rate and discrete service time distribution -- and its application to continuous service time problems
by Brahimi, M. & Worthington, D. J.
- 325-334 The practical conversion of linear programmes to network flow models
by Baston, V. J. D. & Rahmouni, M. K. & Williams, H. P.
- 335-344 A facet generation and relaxation technique applied to an assignment problem with side constraints
by Aboudi, Ronny & Hallefjord, Asa & Jornsten, Kurt
- 345-352 A cubic algorithm for the directed Eulerian subgraph problem
by Richey, M. B. & Parker, R. Gary
- 353-360 On pseudolinear functions
by Rapcsak, T.
1991, Volume 50, Issue 2
- 111-112 Editorial
by Bell, Peter C. & O'Keefe, Robert M.
- 113-126 The impact of language theories on DSS dialog
by Byrer, Joyce K. & Tawfik Jelassi, M.
- 127-139 Human-computer decision systems: The multiple roles of DSS
by Te'eni, Dov & Ginzberg, Michael J.
- 140-156 A decision support system for Univeristy admission policies
by Eliman, A. A.
- 157-165 Validation of a model to support the decision to transfer management control systems
by Snodgrass, Coral R. & Szewczak, Edward J.
- 166-178 Network based models for air-traffic control
by Zenios, Stavros A.
- 179-187 Selecting a text-processing system as a qualitative multiple criteria problem
by Tanner, Leena
- 188-198 Improper linear discriminant classifiers
by Koehler, Gary J.
- 199-210 Deriving expected values from probabilities of fuzzy subsets
by Chanas, Stefan & Florkiewicz, Bronislaw
- 211-219 A relaxation column signature method for assignment problems
by Paparrizos, Konstantinos
- 220-228 Conjugate duality and the curse of dimensionality
by Klein, C. M. & Morin, T. L.
- 229-233 Research of physical distribution operations
by Tilanus, C. B.
1991, Volume 50, Issue 1
- 1-233 Editorial
by Mercer, Alan & Tilanus, Bernhard & Zimmermann, Hans-Jurgen
- 2-18 Vendor selection criteria and methods
by Weber, Charles A. & Current, John R. & Benton, W. C.
- 19-21 A note on the effectiveness of security analysts' forecasts
by Guerard, John B. & Stone, Bernell K. & Hansen, Glen
- 22-26 Deriving route lengths from radial distances: Empirical evidence
by Stokx, C. F. M. & Tilanus, C. B.
- 27-36 Production planning
by Pasche, C.
- 37-47 Modeling of an interactive scheduling system in a complex environment
by Thiriez, Herve
- 48-60 A goal programming model for bank assets and liabilities management
by Giokas, D. & Vassiloglou, M.
- 61-75 Application of the decision support system to the evaluation of landslide favourability in Greece
by Hadzinakos, I. & Yannacopoulos, D. & Faltsetas, C. & Ziourkas, K.
- 76-84 Perspectives on operations research in long-term planning
by Lootsma, F. A.
- 85-91 Databases and desktop publishing in the process of reviewing OR books
by Haley, K. Brian & Tobias, Andrew M.
- 92-93 Letter to the editor
by Papoulias, Demetrios B.
1990, Volume 49, Issue 3
- 295-307 Multiobjective analysis of facility location decisions
by Current, John & Min, Hokey & Schilling, David
- 308-324 Validating and applying a model for locating emergency medical vehicles in Tuczon, AZ
by Goldberg, Jeffrey & Dietrich, Robert & Ming Chen, Jen & Mitwasi, M. George & Valenzuela, Terry & Criss, Elizabeth
- 325-332 Measurement of adaptivity and flexibility in production systems
by Brill, P. H. & Mandelbaum, M.
- 333-347 Allocating resources between health care regions: Catchment populations and allocating for equity
by Wilson, Richard M. & Gibberd, R. W.
- 348-355 Use of exact penalty functions to determine efficient decisions
by Bernau, Heinz
1990, Volume 49, Issue 2
- 155-355 Editorial
by Bornstein, C. T. & Rosenhead, J. & Vidal, R. V. V.
- 156-178 The role of operational research in less developed countries: A critical approach
by Bornstein, Claudio T. & Rosenhead, Jonathan
- 179-187 The paradox of OR in India
by Patel, Nitin R.
- 188-199 Applications of OR in developing economies: Some Indian experiences
by Bandyopadhyay, R. & Datta, S.
- 200-210 Developing applied OR teaching in Asia
by Luck, M. & Patel, N. & Walsham, G.
- 211-221 Operations research as a tool for analysis of food security problems
by Schweigman, C. & Bakker, E. J. & Snijders, T. A. B.
- 222-229 Warehouse location in a developing country: Problems in formulating the problem
by Bornstein, Claudio Thomas & de Castro Villela, Paulo R.
- 230-246 Project evaluation for energy supply in rural areas of developing countries
by Christensen, John M. & Vidal, ReneVictor Valqui
- 247-253 Water resources optimization--simulation in Argentina
by Gradowczyk, Mario H. & Jacovkis, Pablo M. & Freisztav, Ana M. & Roussel, Jean-Marc & Tabak, Esteban G.
- 254-265 Power outage planning
by Modarres, Mohammad
- 266-270 The control of helicopter operations in the Brazilian oil industry: Issues in the design and implementation of a computerized system
by Galvao, Roberto D. & Guimaraes, Jesu
- 271-278 The potential for computer-aided diagnosis of tropical diseases in developing countries: An expert system case study
by Doukidis, Georgios I. & Forster, Dayo
- 279-288 In quest of useful health care decision models for developing countries
by Parker, Barnett R.
- 289-294 OR in Greece: Myth and reality
by Papoulias, Demetrios B. & Darzentas, John
1990, Volume 49, Issue 1
- 1-2 Project management and scheduling: A permanent challenge for OR
by Valadares Tavares, Luis & Weglarz, Jan
- 3-13 Some efficient multi-heuristic procedures for resource-constrained project scheduling
by Boctor, Fayer F.
- 14-34 Project bidding under deterministic and probabilistic activity durations
by Elmaghraby, Salah E.
- 35-49 The scheduling of activities to maximize the net present value of projects
by Elmaghraby, Salah E. & Herroelen, Willy S.
- 50-59 Special features of precedence network charts
by Harhalakis, George