European Journal of Operational Research
1989, Volume 43, Issue 2
- 143-160 Scheduling algorithms for flexible flowshops: Worst and average case performance
by Sriskandarajah, C. & Sethi, S. P.
- 161-167 Optimal allocation of payments and receipts
by van der Knoop, Han S. & Hooijmans, Frans C.
- 168-173 Optimal production policy for decaying items with decreasing demand
by Cheng, T. C. E.
- 174-183 Stochastic and fuzzy
by Lootsma, F. A.
- 184-196 Batch size effects on the efficiency of control variates in simulation
by Nelson, Barry L.
- 197-205 An application-oriented guide for designing Lagrangean dual ascent algorithms
by Guignard, Monique & Rosenwein, Moshe B.
- 206-215 On coverage probability, independence and normality in batch means algorithms
by Adam, Nabil R. & Klein, Steven W.
- 216-224 An empirical investigation of some bicriterion shortest path algorithms
by Brumbaugh-Smith, J. & Shier, D.
- 225-230 A polynomial algorithm to optimally schedule tasks on a virtual distributed system under tree-like precedence constraints
by Chretienne, Philippe
- 231-238 Asymptotic expected performance of some TSP heuristics: An empirical evaluation
by Ong, H. L. & Huang, H. C.
1989, Volume 43, Issue 1
- 1-2 OR in transportaton--NOAS '87
by Clausen, Jens
- 3-12 Operational planning in airline business -- Can science improve efficiency? Experiences from SAS
by Andersson, Sven-Eric
- 13-25 A mathematical programming model for the development of petroleum fields and transport systems
by Aboudi, Ronny & Hallefjord, Asa & Helgesen, Carsten & Helming, Reidun & Jornsten, Kurt & Pettersen, Anne S. & Raum, Tore & Spence, Petter
- 26-33 Optimal storing, transport and processing for a forest-fuel supplier
by Eriksson, Ljusk Ola & Bjorheden, Rolf
- 34-43 An optimum link improvement model with a computer algorithm
by Abdulaal, Mustafa
- 44-52 TRASY -- An automated system for real-time control of the industrial truck haulage in open-pit mines
by Sgurev, V. & Vassilev, V. & Dokev, N. & Genova, K. & Drangajov, S. & Korsemov, Ch. & Atanassov, A.
- 53-64 A solver for the multi-objective transshipment problem with facility location
by Ogryczak, Wlodzimierz & Studzinski, Krzysztof & Zorychta, Krystian
- 65-77 Maximum outflow in generalized flow networks
by Simin Pulat, P.
- 78-87 Optimal plant size with variable cost and revenue streams
by Krinsky, Itzhak & Parlar, Mahmut
- 88-110 Heuristic methods and applications: A categorized survey
by Zanakis, Stelios H. & Evans, James R. & Vazacopoulos, Alkis A.
1989, Volume 42, Issue 3
- 229-242 Operational research and fisheries management
by Lane, Daniel E.
- 243-253 Lumberproduction optimization
by Reinders, M. P. & Hendriks, Th. H. B.
- 254-267 Linearly constrained estimation by mathematical programming
by Klafszky, Emil & Mayer, Janos & Terlaky, Tamas
- 268-278 The potential demise of OR/MS: Consequences of neglecting epistemology
by van Gigch, John P.
- 279-293 Empirical indication of economic long waves in aggregate production
by Rasmussen, Steen & Mosekilde, Erik & Holst, Jan
- 294-304 Facilities location in a competitive environment: A promethee based multiple criteria analysis
by Karkazis, John
- 305-312 Solving the fixed charge problem with Lagrangian relaxation and cost allocation heuristics
by Wright, Don D. & von Lanzenauer, Christoph Haehling
- 313-325 Median linear orders: Heuristics and a branch and bound algorithm
by Barthelemy, J. P. & Guenoche, A. & Hudry, O.
- 326-338 Approximation of convex curves with application to the bicriterial minimum cost flow problem
by Fruhwirth, B. & Bukkard, R. E. & Rote, G.
- 339-340 OR software
by Thiriez, Herve
1989, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 111-128 Knowledge bases: Integration, verification, and partitioning
by Botten, Nancy & Kusiak, Andrew & Raz, Tzvi
- 129-141 Management of pavement rehabilitation
by Hugo, F. & Scholtz, W. J. & Sinclair, M. & Curtayne, P. C.
- 142-151 An optimal production-mix model
by Krauth, J. & Warschat, J.
- 152-165 A mathematical model for the fixed-time traffic control problem
by Serafini, Paolo & Ukovich, Walter
- 166-177 The formulation and solution of large-scale multicommodity equilibrium problems over space and time
by Nagurney, Anna
- 178-189 The inclusion of `spinning reserves' in investmetn and simulation models for electricity generation
by Schaeffer, Peter V. & Cherene, Louis J.
- 190-202 Lot sizes and setup frequency with learning in setups and process quality
by Chand, Suresh
- 203-212 Numerical experience with conjugate direction methods in constrained minimization
by Murty, B. S. N. & Reddy, P. J. & Husain, Asghar
- 213-222 A formal description of discrete event dynamic systems including infinitesimal perturbation analysis
by Bettonvil, Bert
1989, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 1-21 Static game theory models and their applications in management science
by Wang, Qinan & Parlar, Mahmut
- 22-38 Performance evaluation for systems of pooled machines of unequal sizes: Unbalancing versus balancing
by Stecke, Kathryn E. & Kim, Ilyong
- 39-51 The vehicle routing problem with backhauls
by Goetschalckx, Marc & Jacobs-Blecha, Charlotte
- 52-58 Two suggestions to improve on the efficiency of the check computations in the banking system in Belgium
by Stevens, Patrick
- 59-87 Multiple tests for validation of system dynamics type of simulation models
by Barlas, Yaman
- 88-100 Quality control of the M/G/1 queue
by Hsu, Lie-Fern & Tapiero, Charles S.
1989, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 261-269 Integrated inventory models: The buyer-vendor coordination
by Goyal, Suresh K. & Gupta, Yash P.
- 270-276 A microcomputer system for formulating animal diets which may involve liquid raw materials
by Munford, Alan G.
- 277-289 A mathematical model for scheduling and staffing multiclinic health regions
by Franz, Lori S. & Baker, Hope M. & Leong, G. Keong & Rakes, Terry R.
- 290-301 A banker's use of simulation and artificial intelligence for assessing the economics of electronic money networks
by Coats, Pamela K.
- 302-313 Managing interest-rate risk in banking institutions
by Booth, G. Geoffrey & Bessler, Wolfgang & Foote, William G.
- 314-320 Distance weighted voting and a single facility location problem
by Vohra, Rakesh V.
- 321-334 A method to control flexible manufacturing systems
by Hintz, G. W. & Zimmermann, H. -J.
- 335-346 Module design with substitute parts and multiple vendors
by Goldberg, Jeff & Zhu, Ji
- 347-354 Redundancy in lexicographic goal programming: An empirical approach
by Amador, Francisco & Romero, Carlos
- 355-366 Approximating the noninferior set in linear biobjective programs using multiparametric decomposition
by Solanki, Rajendra S. & Cohon, Jared L.
1989, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 127-141 Recent contributions to optimal product positioning and buyer segmentation
by Green, Paul E. & Krieger, Abba M.
- 142-150 DSS and ES in the `information organization'--Back to the roots of OR
by Grunwald, Herbert J. & Fortuin, Leonard
- 151-156 Optimal, near-optimal and rule-of-thumb claiming rules for a protected bonus vehicle insurance policy
by Chappell, D. & Norman, J. M.
- 157-161 Optimality of the shortest line discipline with state-dependent service rates
by Johri, Pravin K.
- 162-168 Asymptotic analysis of some complex renewable systems operating in random environments
by Anisimov, Vladimir & Sztrik, Janos
- 169-173 On the stability region for multi-level inventory problems
by Richter, Knut & Voros, Jozsef
- 174-180 State reduction in a dependent demand inventory model given by a time series
by Reyman, Grzegorz
- 181-185 A modified priority index for Gunther's lot-sizing heuristic under capacitated single stage production
by Selen, W. J. & Heuts, R. M.
- 186-193 A new heuristic method for the flow shop sequencing problem
by Widmer, Marino & Hertz, Alain
- 194-202 k-optimal solution sets for some polynomially solvable scheduling problems
by Brucker, Peter J. & Hamacher, Horst W.
- 203-209 A comparison of two interactive procedures
by Reeves, Gary R. & Gonzalez, Juan J.
- 210-217 Interactive decision making in fuzzy linear optimization problems
by Rommelfanger, Heinrich
- 218-223 A min-max resource allocation problem with substitutions
by Pang, Jong-Shi & Chang-Sung, Yu
- 224-231 Algorithms to solve the orienteering problem: A comparison
by Keller, C. Peter
- 232-239 An optimal column-generation-with-ranking algorithm for very large scale set partitioning problems in traffic assignment
by Ribeiro, Celso Carneiro & Minoux, Michel & Penna, Manoel Camillo
- 240-248 Evaluating the maximize minimum distance formulation of the linear discriminant problem
by Rubin, Paul A.
1989, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 1-14 Operations research in project management and cost engineering: An outlook for new operational developments
by Poiaga, Luigi
- 15-22 Forecasting under unstable conditions: A case study of the cocoa market
by Boas, J.
- 23-32 Redesign of primary response areas for county ambulance services
by Baker, Joanna R. & Clayton, Edward R. & Moore, Laurence J.
- 33-43 Computer-based modeling environments
by Geoffrion, Arthur M.
- 44-53 Simulation-optimisation: The method and its application in the analysis of grain terminal operations
by Guimaraes, Rui C. & Kingsman, Brian G.
- 54-63 On the heterogeneous machine interference problem with priority and ordinary machines
by Posafalvi, Andras & Sztrik, Janos
- 64-72 The minimax center estimation problem for automated roundness inspection
by Ventura, Jose A. & Yeralan, Sencer
- 73-85 Estimating nonparametric convex functions using gradient data
by Carey, Malachy
- 86-100 Conflict models in graph form: Solution concepts and their interrelationships
by Fang, Liping & Hipel, Keith W. & Kilgour, D. Marc
- 101-107 Advising very senior management -- some reflections
by Collcutt, R. H.
- 108-121 Operational Research in practice: Experiences of an OR group in industry
by Fortuin, Leonard & Zijlstra, Mynt
1989, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 275-291 Analytical models for locating undesirable facilities
by Erkut, Erhan & Neuman, Susan
- 292-298 A non-linear congestion network model for planning internal movement in the Hajj
by Charnes, A. & Duffuaa, S. & Yafi, A.
- 299-308 Constrained game formulations and interpretations for data envelopment analysis
by Banker, R. D. & Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Clarke, R.
- 309-321 Some properties of choice functions based on valued binary relations
by Roubens, M.
- 322-328 Computational behavior of a feasible direction method for linear programming
by Fathi, Yahya & Murty, Katta G.
- 329-336 Stochastic linear knapsack programming problem and its application to a portfolio selection problem
by Morita, Hiroshi & Ishii, Hiroaki & Nishida, Toshio
- 337-343 Linear complementarity problem with upper bounds
by Luthi, Hans-Jakob
- 344-351 Sequencing games
by Curiel, Imma & Pederzoli, Giorgio & Tijs, Stef
- 352-362 A cross-estimation technique for using control variables in stochastic simulations
by Ashford, R. W. & Beale, E. M. L.
- 363-376 Influence diagrams for Bayesian decision analysis
by Smith, J. Q.
- 377-388 Modeling uncertainty with belief functions in numerical models
by Kohlas, Jurg
- 389-396 Possibilistic linear regression analysis for fuzzy data
by Tanaka, Hideo & Hayashi, Isao & Watada, Junzo
1989, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 135-154 Fuzzy sets, probability and measurement
by Dubois, Didier & Prade, Henri
- 155-168 Capacity utilization: Theoretical models and empirical tests
by Lieberman, Marvin B.
- 169-185 Incentive contracts when production is subcontracted
by Balachandran, Kashi R. & Ronen, Joshua
- 186-195 Optimal product design using conjoint analysis: Computational complexity and algorithms
by Kohli, Rajeev & Krishnamurti, Ramesh
- 196-209 A structural methodology for managing manufacturing lead times in make-to-order companies
by Kingsman, B. G. & Tatsiopoulos, I. P. & Hendry, L. C.
- 210-221 A repairable item inventory system with diagnostic and repair service
by Lee, Hau L. & Moinzadeh, Kamran
- 222-242 Real-time scheduling of an automated manufacturing center
by Raman, Narayan & Rachamadugu, Ram V. & Talbot, F. Brian
- 243-251 Scheduling jobs on a single machine with periodic release date/deadline intervals
by Zdrzalka, Stanislaw
- 252-256 An economic order quantity model with demand-dependent unit cost
by Cheng, T. C. E.
- 257-267 Markov and Markov reward model transient analysis: An overview of numerical approaches
by Reibman, Andrew & Smith, Roger & Trivedi, Kishor
- 268-269 OR Software
by Thiriez, Herve
1989, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 1-15 Production planning systems and their applicability to make-to-order companies
by Hendry, L. C. & Kingsman, B. G.
- 16-21 Control of inventories with intermittent demand
by Dunsmuir, W. T. M. & Snyder, R. N.
- 22-31 Optimization of management plans with short and long run problems: The case of shrimp production
by Sadeh, Arye & Talpaz, Hovav & Bessler, David A. & Griffin, Wade L.
- 32-37 An interactive system for constructing timetables on a PC
by Chahal, N. & de Werra, D.
- 38-42 Multi-buyer discount pricing
by Drezner, Z. & Wesolowsky, G. O.
- 43-57 A framework for replacement analysis
by Fraser, Jane M. & Posey, Jack W.
- 58-69 Review, extension and prediction in emergency service siting models
by ReVelle, Charles
- 70-77 Combinatorial aspects of cropping pattern selection in agriculture
by Clarke, Harry R.
- 78-84 Modeling learning effects via successive linear programming
by Harrison, Terry P. & Edward Ketz, J.
- 85-89 Remarks on second-order conditions in connection with the algorithm of Beale for quadratic programming
by Korner, Frank
- 90-98 A new integer programming formulation for the permutation flowshop problem
by Frieze, A. M. & Yadegar, J.
- 99-108 A priority M/G/1 queue with application to voice/data communication
by Sandhu, D. & Posner, M. J. M.
- 109-116 Conflict resolution via pairwise comparison of concessions
by Lootsma, F. A.
- 117-119 Some comments on "resource allocation in a large decentralized enterprise"
by van de Panne, Cornelis
- 120-127 ORSEP (Operations Research Software Exchange Program)
by W. Hamacher, Horst
1989, Volume 39, Issue 3
- 231-242 Competitive spatial models
by Eiselt, H. A. & Laporte, G.
- 243-253 An investigation into adequate data for estimating annual earnings time series models
by Guerard, John B.
- 254-260 The value of information from multiple sources of uncertainty in decision analysis
by Samson, D. & Wirth, A. & Rickard, J.
- 261-273 Quality control and product servicing: A decision framework
by Tapiero, Charles S. & Lee, Hau L.
- 274-283 Overtime decision rule experiments with a model of a real shop
by Adshead, N. S. & Price, D. H. R.
- 284-292 MEDICIS: An expert system for computer-aided diagnosis using the PROMETHEE multicriteria method
by Du Bois, Ph. & Brans, J. P. & Cantraine, F. & Mareschal, B.
- 293-304 Using weighting vectors to solve multiple attribute problems: A framework
by White, D. J.
- 305-324 A finite improvement algorithm for the linear complementarity problem
by Paparrizos, Konstantinos & Solow, Daniel
- 325-331 A Lagrangean approach to the degree-constrained minimum spanning tree problem
by Volgenant, A.
- 332-344 Reducing the hierarchical network design problem
by Duin, Cees & Volgenant, Anton
1989, Volume 39, Issue 2
- 119-130 New approaches for heuristic search: A bilateral linkage with artificial intelligence
by Glover, Fred & Greenberg, Harvey J.
- 131-137 End-user optimization with spreadsheet models
by Roy, Asim & Lasdon, Leon & Plane, Donald
- 138-149 Simulation modelling: A comparison of visual interactive and traditional approaches
by Kirkpatrick, Paul & Bell, Peter C.
- 150-156 The effect of ignoring routes when locating depots
by Salhi, Said & Rand, Graham K.
- 157-173 On the exact solution of large-scale simple plant location problems
by Korkel, Manfred
- 174-179 An economic production quantity model with flexibility and reliability considerations
by Cheng, T. C. E.
- 180-191 Optimal policy surfaces for a multi-item inventory problem
by Schneider, Helmut & Rinks, Dan B.
- 192-205 A queueing-location model with expected service time dependent queueing disciplines
by Batta, Rajan
- 206-212 Optimal replace-repair strategy for servicing products sold with warranty
by Nguyen, D. G. & Murthy, D. N. P.
- 213-222 A structural lagrangean relaxation for two-duty period bus driver scheduling problems
by Paixao, Jose & Pato, Margarida
1989, Volume 39, Issue 1
- 1-16 Markov decision processes
by White, Chelsea C. & White, Douglas J.
- 17-31 Production scheduling: Practice and theory
by Buxey, Geoff
- 32-39 The efficiency of uni-directionally patrolled machines with two robot repairmen
by Bunday, Brian D. & Khorram, Esmaile
- 40-53 On the long-term stability and cross-country invariance of financial ratio patterns
by Yli-olli, Paavo & Virtanen, Ilkka
- 54-60 Fuzzy input-output analysis
by Buckley, J. J.
- 61-70 A unified approach for characterizing Pareto optimal solutions of multiobjective optimization problems: The hyperplane method
by Yano, Hitoshi & Sakawa, Masatoshi
- 71-78 Models and exact solutions for a class of stochastic location-routing problems
by Laporte, Gilbert & Louveaux, Francois & Mercure, Helene
- 79-95 Boltzmann machines for travelling salesman problems
by Aarts, Emile H. L. & Korst, Jan H. M.
- 96-102 Constrained spanning trees and the traveling salesman problem
by Leclerc, Matthias & Rendl, Franz
- 103-107 On the relation of max-flow to min-cut for generalized networks
by Simin Pulat, P.
- 108-107 Guide to simulation
by Schrage, Linus
- 108-109 Assign-Rank
by Metrick, Lee B. & Maybee, John D.
1989, Volume 38, Issue 3
- 269-273 Overcoming environmental turbulence
by Tomlinson, Rolfe C.
- 274-276 EURO Gold Medal 1986: A parable on two-level parallelism
by Krarup, Jakob
- 277-281 A short discussion of the OR crisis
by Hansen, Pierre
- 282-285 The future of operations research is bright
by Rinnooy Kan, Alexander H. G.
- 286-289 The OR contribution to strategy formulation in a turbulent environment
by Lesourne, Jacques
- 290-300 Making models matter -- Lessons from experience
by Lee, T. H.
- 301-306 Some experimental findings on decision making under risk and their implications
by Jaffray, J. Y.
- 307-317 New models of decision under uncertainty: An interpretative essay
by Munier, Bertrand
- 318-328 Option analysis: Making better decision faster
by Van Landeghem, Rik R. G.
- 329-349 Time preference and the life cycle: The logic of long-term high risk vs. short-term low risk
by Ayres, Robert U. & Mori, Shunsuke
- 350-357 Not forecasts but multiple scenarios when coping with uncertainties in the competitive environment
by Meristo, Tarja
- 358-368 Performance measurement in universities
by Higgins, J. C.
- 369-375 The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth
by Shutler, Maurice & Field, Ernest
1989, Volume 38, Issue 2
- 141-155 The APL phenomenon: An operational research perspective
by Sniedovich, Moshe
- 156-166 Survey of scheduling research involving due date determination decisions
by Cheng, T. C. E. & Gupta, M. C.
- 167-177 Optimization of the movements of a component placement machine
by Leipala, Timo & Nevalainen, Olli
- 178-183 Combat modeling with partial differential equations
by Protopopescu, V. & Santoro, R. T. & Dockery, J.
- 184-201 Closed two node priority queueing networks
by Rumsewicz, M. & Henderson, W.
- 202-207 On the non-homogeneous service system MX/G/[infinity]
by Chatterjee, U. & Mukherjee, S. P.
- 208-212 The assignment of minimum crews among bases in an airlift operation
by Hong, Jae-Dong & Jeya Chandra, M. & Cavalier, Tom M.
- 213-226 Vehicles scheduling with sliding time windows
by Ferland, Jacques A. & Fortin, Luc
- 227-226 A branch and bound algorithm to minimize the number of late jobs in a permutation flow-shop
by Hariri, A. M. A. & Potts, C. N.
- 228-237 Integer programming formulations for the multi-depot vehicle routing problem: Comments on a paper by Kulkarni and Bhave
by Laporte, Gilbert
- 238-241 A hybrid method for solving nonlinear knapsack problems
by Korner, Frank
- 242-254 The knapsack problem with generalized upper bounds
by Elmaghraby, Salah E.
- 255-258 Time-cost tradeoff in a three dimensional assignment problem
by Geetha, S. & Vartak, M. N.
1989, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 1-261 Editorial
by Mercer, Alan & Tilanus, Bernhard & Zimmermann, Hans-Jurgen
- 2-13 Joint replenishment inventory control: Deterministic and stochastic models
by Goyal, Suresh K. & Satir, Ahmet T.
- 14-26 Plant location and vehicle routing in the Malaysian rubber smallholder sector: A case study
by Nambiar, Jay M. & Gelders, Ludo F. & Van Wassenhove, Luk N.
- 27-34 A set covering approach to metallurgical grade assignment
by Vasko, Francis J. & Wolf, Floyd E. & Stott, Kenneth L.
- 35-43 Diagnostics design: A product support strategy
by Hegde, G. G. & Kubat, Peter
- 44-55 Practical approximations for finite-buffer queueing models with batch arrivals
by Nobel, R. D.
- 56-62 Optimizing single hole mine cuts by dynamic programming
by Gershon, Mark E. & Murphy, Frederic H.
- 63-69 Sensitivity analysis in multiple objective linear programming: The tolerance approach
by Hansen, Pierre & Labbe, Martine & Wendell, Richard E.
- 70-75 Triangle inequality and symmetry in connection with the assignment and the traveling salesman problem
by Jeromin, Bernd & Korner, Frank
- 76-85 A network relaxation based enumeration algorithm for set partitioning
by Ali, Agha Iqbal & Thiagarajan, Hemalatha
- 86-93 Using martingales to make stochastic simulations more precise
by Ashford, R. W. & Beale, E. M. L.
- 94-97 Group centre and group median of a network
by Gupta, S. K. & Punnen, A. P.
- 98-103 Minimizing wood raw material cost in cabinet manufacturing
by Lenoir, Clinton H. & Carino, Honorio F.
- 104-112 A dynamic programming based heuristic for industrial buying of cardboard
by Gochet, Willy & Vandebroek, Martina
- 113-116 Research pertaining to the development of operations research: The case of Turkey
by Kara, Imdat
1988, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 303-317 New trends in machine scheduling
by Blazewicz, J. & Finke, G. & Haupt, R. & Schmidt, G.
- 318-324 Solving many linear programs that differ only in the righthand side
by Haugland, Dag & Wallace, Stein W.
- 325-327 The OR worker in practice
by Fortuin, Leonard & Korsten, Antonius T. M.
- 328-335 A shadow price in integer programming for management decision
by Kim, Sehun & Cho, Seong-cheol
- 336-346 Controlled alternative activity networks for project management
by Golenko-Ginzburg, Dmitri
- 347-354 Delphic hierarchy process (DHP): A methodology for priority setting derived from the Delphi method and analytical hierarchy process
by Khorramshahgol, Reza & Moustakis, Vassilis S.
- 355-362 Deriving weights from pairwise comparison ratio matrices: An axiomatic approach
by Cook, Wade D. & Kress, Moshe