European Journal of Operational Research
1991, Volume 51, Issue 3
- 301-309 Operational research in the Danish steel industry
by Niels Thorsen, Michael & Victor Valqui Vidal, Rene
- 310-312 The inventory joint replenishment problem with a general class of joint costs
by Atkins, Derek R.
- 313-326 Optimal buffer inventories for multistage production systems with failures
by Jensen, Paul A. & Pakath, Ramakrishnan & Wilson, James R.
- 327-337 Stochastic optimization of reservation systems
by Virtamo, Jorma T. & Aalto, Samuli
- 338-347 Theory and methodologyThe hierarchical network design problem with transshipment facilities
by Current, John & Pirkul, Hasan
- 348-353 Optimal assignment of slack due-dates and sequencing of jobs with random processing times on a single machine
by Cheng, T. C. E.
- 354-366 Primal-dual approach to the single level capacitated lot-sizing problem
by Lozano, Sebastian & Larraneta, Juan & Onieva, Luis
- 367-386 The equivalence of an LCP to a parametric linear program with a scalar parameter
by Patrizi, Giacomo
- 387-399 An extension of a greedy heuristic for the knapsack problem
by White, D. J.
- 400-404 Data dependent worst case bound improving techniques in zero--one programming
by Oguz, Osman
- 405-411 Cooperative games arising from network flow problems
by Rosenthal, Edward C.
1991, Volume 51, Issue 2
- 155-167 Cyclical queueing systems
by Campbell, Gerard M.
- 168-178 O.R. techniques for use in redesigning manufacturing and associated business systems
by Tobias, Andrew
- 179-187 Manpower planning models and their estimation
by McClean, Sally
- 188-198 Sequencing jobs on a single machine with a common due date and stochastic processing times
by Sarin, Subhash C. & Erel, Erdal & Steiner, George
- 199-209 Approximation algorithms for single-machine sequencing with delivery times and unit batch set-up times
by Zdrzalka, Stanisllaw
- 210-222 Analytical perturbations in Markov chains
by Baruh, H. & Altiok, T.
- 223-232 On fuzzy tournaments and their solution concepts in group decision making
by Nurmi, Hannu & Kacprzyk, Janusz
- 233-247 Multi-level programming and conflict resolution
by Anandalingam, G. & Apprey, Victor
- 248-258 Exact colouring algorithm for weighted graphs applied to timetabling problems with lectures of different lengths
by Cangalovic, Mirjana & Schreuder, Jan A. M.
- 259-269 Lexicographic geometric programming
by Luptacik, M. & Turnovec, F.
- 270-281 A finite algorithm for solving the generalized lattice point problem
by Fulop, Janos
1991, Volume 51, Issue 1
- 1-23 A survey of maintenance models for multi-unit systems
by Cho, Danny I. & Parlar, Mahmut
- 24-34 Modelling a fertiliser distribution system
by Sharma, R. R. K.
- 35-41 Performance evaluation in a local government: The case of a social work department meals-on-wheels service
by Ball, Robert & Beckett, Anne
- 42-46 Evaluating software controls for electronic data interchange
by Adolphson, Donald L. & Hansen, James V.
- 47-64 Optimal control of variable rate coding with incomplete observation in integrated voice/data packet networks
by Saito, Hiroshi
- 65-72 Combining forecasts given different types of objectives
by Reeves, Gary R. & Lawrence, Kenneth D.
- 73-87 Multi-item, multi-level lot sizing with an aggregate capacity constraint
by Roll, Yaakov & Karni, Reuven
- 88-99 Branch and bound algorithm for the flow shop with multiple processors
by Brah, Shaukat A. & Hunsucker, John L.
- 100-109 On the complexity of generalized due date scheduling problems
by Hall, Nicholas G. & Sethi, Suresh P. & Sriskandarajah, Chelliah
- 110-118 A decomposition approach to multi-project scheduling
by Deckro, Richard F. & Winkofsky, E. P. & E. Hebert, John & Gagnon, Roger
- 119-126 Bicriteria network flow problems: Continuous case
by Lee, Haijune & Simin Pulat, P.
- 127-135 Set partition by globally optimized cluster seed points
by Pinter, Janos & Pesti, Geza
- 136-140 Note on an optimization model for pavement marking systems
by Easa, Said M.
1991, Volume 50, Issue 3
- 235-248 Stochastic modelling of reservoir operations
by Reznicek, K. & Cheng, T. C. E.
- 249-256 Deterministic fixed order-level inventory models: An application for replenishment of radioactive source material for irradiation sterilizers
by Baker, R. C. & Urban, Timothy L.
- 257-265 Production planning with discounting and stochastic demands
by Higle, Julia L.
- 266-279 An integrated plant loading model with economies of scale and scope
by Cohen, Morris A. & Moon, Sangwon
- 280-297 A comparison of heuristics and relaxations for the capacitated plant location problem
by Cornuejols, G. & Sridharan, R. & Thizy, J. M.
- 298-309 Periodic transportation schedules with flexible departure times : An interactive approach based on the periodic event scheduling problem and the deficit function approach
by Gertsbakh, Ilya & Serafini, Paolo
- 310-324 The finite capacity multi-server queue with inhomogeneous arrival rate and discrete service time distribution -- and its application to continuous service time problems
by Brahimi, M. & Worthington, D. J.
- 325-334 The practical conversion of linear programmes to network flow models
by Baston, V. J. D. & Rahmouni, M. K. & Williams, H. P.
- 335-344 A facet generation and relaxation technique applied to an assignment problem with side constraints
by Aboudi, Ronny & Hallefjord, Asa & Jornsten, Kurt
- 345-352 A cubic algorithm for the directed Eulerian subgraph problem
by Richey, M. B. & Parker, R. Gary
- 353-360 On pseudolinear functions
by Rapcsak, T.
1991, Volume 50, Issue 2
- 111-112 Editorial
by Bell, Peter C. & O'Keefe, Robert M.
- 113-126 The impact of language theories on DSS dialog
by Byrer, Joyce K. & Tawfik Jelassi, M.
- 127-139 Human-computer decision systems: The multiple roles of DSS
by Te'eni, Dov & Ginzberg, Michael J.
- 140-156 A decision support system for Univeristy admission policies
by Eliman, A. A.
- 157-165 Validation of a model to support the decision to transfer management control systems
by Snodgrass, Coral R. & Szewczak, Edward J.
- 166-178 Network based models for air-traffic control
by Zenios, Stavros A.
- 179-187 Selecting a text-processing system as a qualitative multiple criteria problem
by Tanner, Leena
- 188-198 Improper linear discriminant classifiers
by Koehler, Gary J.
- 199-210 Deriving expected values from probabilities of fuzzy subsets
by Chanas, Stefan & Florkiewicz, Bronislaw
- 211-219 A relaxation column signature method for assignment problems
by Paparrizos, Konstantinos
- 220-228 Conjugate duality and the curse of dimensionality
by Klein, C. M. & Morin, T. L.
- 229-233 Research of physical distribution operations
by Tilanus, C. B.
1991, Volume 50, Issue 1
- 1-233 Editorial
by Mercer, Alan & Tilanus, Bernhard & Zimmermann, Hans-Jurgen
- 2-18 Vendor selection criteria and methods
by Weber, Charles A. & Current, John R. & Benton, W. C.
- 19-21 A note on the effectiveness of security analysts' forecasts
by Guerard, John B. & Stone, Bernell K. & Hansen, Glen
- 22-26 Deriving route lengths from radial distances: Empirical evidence
by Stokx, C. F. M. & Tilanus, C. B.
- 27-36 Production planning
by Pasche, C.
- 37-47 Modeling of an interactive scheduling system in a complex environment
by Thiriez, Herve
- 48-60 A goal programming model for bank assets and liabilities management
by Giokas, D. & Vassiloglou, M.
- 61-75 Application of the decision support system to the evaluation of landslide favourability in Greece
by Hadzinakos, I. & Yannacopoulos, D. & Faltsetas, C. & Ziourkas, K.
- 76-84 Perspectives on operations research in long-term planning
by Lootsma, F. A.
- 85-91 Databases and desktop publishing in the process of reviewing OR books
by Haley, K. Brian & Tobias, Andrew M.
- 92-93 Letter to the editor
by Papoulias, Demetrios B.
1990, Volume 49, Issue 3
- 295-307 Multiobjective analysis of facility location decisions
by Current, John & Min, Hokey & Schilling, David
- 308-324 Validating and applying a model for locating emergency medical vehicles in Tuczon, AZ
by Goldberg, Jeffrey & Dietrich, Robert & Ming Chen, Jen & Mitwasi, M. George & Valenzuela, Terry & Criss, Elizabeth
- 325-332 Measurement of adaptivity and flexibility in production systems
by Brill, P. H. & Mandelbaum, M.
- 333-347 Allocating resources between health care regions: Catchment populations and allocating for equity
by Wilson, Richard M. & Gibberd, R. W.
- 348-355 Use of exact penalty functions to determine efficient decisions
by Bernau, Heinz
1990, Volume 49, Issue 2
- 155-355 Editorial
by Bornstein, C. T. & Rosenhead, J. & Vidal, R. V. V.
- 156-178 The role of operational research in less developed countries: A critical approach
by Bornstein, Claudio T. & Rosenhead, Jonathan
- 179-187 The paradox of OR in India
by Patel, Nitin R.
- 188-199 Applications of OR in developing economies: Some Indian experiences
by Bandyopadhyay, R. & Datta, S.
- 200-210 Developing applied OR teaching in Asia
by Luck, M. & Patel, N. & Walsham, G.
- 211-221 Operations research as a tool for analysis of food security problems
by Schweigman, C. & Bakker, E. J. & Snijders, T. A. B.
- 222-229 Warehouse location in a developing country: Problems in formulating the problem
by Bornstein, Claudio Thomas & de Castro Villela, Paulo R.
- 230-246 Project evaluation for energy supply in rural areas of developing countries
by Christensen, John M. & Vidal, ReneVictor Valqui
- 247-253 Water resources optimization--simulation in Argentina
by Gradowczyk, Mario H. & Jacovkis, Pablo M. & Freisztav, Ana M. & Roussel, Jean-Marc & Tabak, Esteban G.
- 254-265 Power outage planning
by Modarres, Mohammad
- 266-270 The control of helicopter operations in the Brazilian oil industry: Issues in the design and implementation of a computerized system
by Galvao, Roberto D. & Guimaraes, Jesu
- 271-278 The potential for computer-aided diagnosis of tropical diseases in developing countries: An expert system case study
by Doukidis, Georgios I. & Forster, Dayo
- 279-288 In quest of useful health care decision models for developing countries
by Parker, Barnett R.
- 289-294 OR in Greece: Myth and reality
by Papoulias, Demetrios B. & Darzentas, John
1990, Volume 49, Issue 1
- 1-2 Project management and scheduling: A permanent challenge for OR
by Valadares Tavares, Luis & Weglarz, Jan
- 3-13 Some efficient multi-heuristic procedures for resource-constrained project scheduling
by Boctor, Fayer F.
- 14-34 Project bidding under deterministic and probabilistic activity durations
by Elmaghraby, Salah E.
- 35-49 The scheduling of activities to maximize the net present value of projects
by Elmaghraby, Salah E. & Herroelen, Willy S.
- 50-59 Special features of precedence network charts
by Harhalakis, George
- 60-67 Managing the political context in PMS organizations
by Jones, Robert E.
- 68-79 Computational experience with a backtracking algorithm for solving a general class of precedence and resource-constrained scheduling problems
by Patterson, James H. & Brian Talbot, F. & Slowinski, Roman & Weglarz, Jan
- 80-91 A heuristic for multi-project scheduling with limited resources in the housing industry
by Tsubakitani, Shigeru & Deckro, Richard F.
- 92-101 A multi-stage non-deterministic model for project scheduling under resources constraints
by Valadares Tavares, L.
- 102-139 An evaluation of microcomputer-based software packages for project management
by De Wit, Jan & Herroelen, Willy
- 140-152 Project compression: A method for speeding up resource constrained projects which preserve the activity schedule
by Yau, Chuk & Ritchie, Eric
- 153-154 Symmetric traveling salesman problems
by Volgenant, A.
1990, Volume 48, Issue 3
- 295-310 Sales force deployment models
by Howick, R. S. & Pidd, M.
- 311-317 A quantitative analysis of new car sales and advertising in Greece
by Donatos, G. S. & Kioulafas, K. E.
- 318-331 Sequential estimation of a time dependent advertising effectiveness model
by Jex, C. F.
- 332-341 Sensitivity analysis of the additive model in data envelopment analysis
by Charnes, A. & Neralic, L.
- 342-350 A strategy for determining the optimal domain for knowledge based decision support systems
by Marsden, James R. & Pingry, David E. & St. Louis, Robert D.
- 351-361 Extensions of mathematical programming-based classification rules: A multicriteria approach
by Stam, Antonie
- 362-371 An algorithm for disjunctive programs
by Beaumont, Nicholas
- 372-375 Generalised convexity and symmetric duality in nonlinear programming
by Kar, K. & Nanda, S.
- 376-390 An algorithm for finding the absolute center of a network
by Sforza, Antonio
- 391-400 Generating random numbers by adapted rejection
by Kampke, Thomas
1990, Volume 48, Issue 2
- 175-188 Planning models for research and development
by Weber, R. & Werners, B. & Zimmermann, H. -J.
- 189-203 Choice of a long-term strategy for the national electricity supply via scenario analysis and multi-criteria analysis
by Lootsma, F. A. & Boonekamp, P. G. M. & Cooke, R. M. & Van Oostvoorn, F.
- 204-218 Synchronized scheduling and random delays in urban transit
by Bookbinder, James H. & Ahlin, Frank J.
- 219-225 Multiobjective programming in optimization of the interval objective function
by Ishibuchi, Hisao & Tanaka, Hideo
- 226-241 A multi-objective approach to resource allocation in single machine scheduling
by Daniels, Richard L.
- 242-251 Utility functions based on net present worth
by Fraser, Jane M.
- 252-259 Common random numbers in multivariate simulations
by Sloan, Brian J. & Unwin, Antony R.
- 260-274 Analysis and computation of (n, N)-strategies for maintenance of a two-component system
by van der Duyn Schouten, F. A. & Vanneste, S. G.
- 275-280 Interactive workforce management on a PC: An industry--university partnership
by Hegde, G. G. & Tadikamalla, Pandu R.
1990, Volume 48, Issue 1
- 1-280 Editorial
by Vargas, Luis G. & Whittaker, R. W.
- 2-8 An overview of the analytic hierarchy process and its applications
by Vargas, Luis G.
- 9-26 How to make a decision: The analytic hierarchy process
by Saaty, Thomas L.
- 27-37 An application of the AHP to bank strategic planning: The mergers and acquisitions process
by Arbel, Ami & Orgler, Yair E.
- 38-48 Analytic Hierarchy Process in the benefit-cost framework: A post-evaluation of the Trans-Sumatra highway project
by Azis, Iwan J.
- 49-56 Equitable allocation of livers for orthotopic transplantation: An application of the Analytic Hierarchy process
by Ryan Cook, D. & Staschak, Sandra & Green, William T.
- 57-65 Designing a mouse trap using the analytic hierarchy process and expert choice
by Dobias, Arthur P.
- 66-76 A decision aid in the public debate on nuclear power
by Hamalainen, Raimo P.
- 77-80 Site selection for a `sure service terminal'
by Hegde, G. G. & Tadikamalla, Pandu R.
- 81-87 Using qualitative data in multiple objective linear programming
by Korhonen, Pekka & Wallenius, Jyrki
- 88-97 Globally effective questioning in the Analytic Hierarchy Process
by Millet, Ido & Harker, Patrick T.
- 98-104 Physics as a decision theory
by Saaty, Thomas L.
- 105-119 An industrial bond rating model based on the Analytic Hierarchy Process
by Srinivasan, Venkat & Bolster, Paul J.
- 120-127 The decentralization of a sales support department in a medium-large company : A quantitative assessment based on ideas of Thomas L. Saaty and Stafford Beer
by Steenge, A. E. & Bulten, A. & Peters, F. G.
- 128-135 Fly now or fly later? The delayed consumption problem
by Weiss, Elliott N.
- 136-147 A method for quantitative evaluation of expert systems
by Zahedi, Fatemeh
- 148-152 Testing for the rank ordering of the priorities of the alternatives in Saaty's ratio-scale method
by Basak, Indrani
- 153-155 Random indices for incomplete pairwise comparison matrices
by Forman, Ernest H.
- 156-160 Eigenvector and logarithmic least squares
by Saaty, Thomas L.
- 161-162 ORSEP (operations research software exchange program)
by Hamacher, Horst W.
1990, Volume 47, Issue 3
- 271-292 A state-of-the-art review of parallel-machine scheduling research
by Cheng, T. C. E. & Sin, C. C. S.
- 293-305 Multi-criteria analysis and budget reallocation in long-term research planning
by Lootsma, F. A. & Mensch, T. C. A. & Vos, F. A.
- 306-316 Integration of air pollution control technologies in linear energy--environmental models
by Remmers, J. & Morgenstern, Th. & Schons, G. & Haasis, H. -D. & Rentz, O.
- 317-329 Metamodelling and experimental design: Case study of the greenhouse effect
by Rotmans, J. & Vrieze, O. J.
- 330-338 The evaluation and analysis of retail sales promotions
by Preston, John & Mercer, Alan
- 339-347 The influence of product range in the space allocation procedure
by Preston, John & Mercer, Alan
- 348-363 The optimum markup when bidding with uncertain costs
by King, Malcolm & Mercer, Alan
- 364-370 Criteria for evaluating purchase quantity decisions in response to future price increases
by Markowski, Edward P.
- 371-386 Dynamic firm behavior within an uncertain environment
by Kort, Peter M.
- 387-393 Implicit games: Analysis of asymptotic competitive behaviors
by Namatame, Akira & Tse, Edison
1990, Volume 47, Issue 2
- 139-140 Editorial
by Thietart, R. A. & ESSEC
- 141-152 The dynamics of technology and strategy
by Hamilton, William F.
- 153-161 Alternative frameworks for technology strategy
by Mitchell, Graham R.
- 162-171 An interactive framework for formulating and evaluating a system incorporating new technologies
by de Silva, Anura H. & De Leo, Guido & Gennari, Nedo
- 172-181 Cooperative strategy in commercializing an emerging technology
by Shan, Weijian & Visudtibhan, Kanoknart
- 182-189 Product innovation: A tool for competitive advantage
by Angelmar, Reinhard
- 190-202 Comparing successful and less successful new innovative businesses
by Picot, Arnold & Laub, Ulf & Schneider, Dietram
- 203-213 Management systems for innovation and productivity
by Chakravarthy, Balaji S.
- 214-224 Integrating manufacturing strategy and technology choice
by Kleindorfer, Paul R. & Partovi, Fariborz Y.
- 225-238 A strategic analysis of flexible manufacturing systems
by Tombak, Mihkel M.
- 239-247 How to arrive at computer integrated manufacturing: A 3-year survey
by De Meyer, Arnoud
- 248-261 Technology selection models for multi-stage production systems: Joint application of physical system theory and mathematical programming
by Singh, N. & Sushil
1990, Volume 47, Issue 1
- 1-28 Introduction to computation and learning in artificial neural networks
by Masson, Egill & Wang, Yih-Jeou
- 29-34 Group decision support systems implement Bayesian rationality
by Sinclair-Desgagne, Bernard
- 35-48 Job oriented production scheduling
by Hastings, N. A. J. & Yeh, C. -H.
- 49-55 Scheduling stochastic jobs with due dates on parallel machines
by Emmons, Hamilton & Pinedo, Michael
- 56-64 Minimizing the makespan with late start penalties added to processing times in a single facility scheduling problem
by Kunnathur, Anand S. & Gupta, Sushil K.
- 65-74 Some efficient heuristic methods for the flow shop sequencing problem
by Taillard, E.
- 75-85 An efficient implementation of local search algorithms for constrained routing problems
by Savelsbergh, M. W. P.
- 86-95 The hamiltonian p-median problem
by Branco, I. M. & Coelho, J. D.
- 96-114 Calculating solution-value bounds for a geostationary-satellite location problem
by Reilly, Charles H. & Mata, Fernando
- 115-122 Spatial activity allocation modelling: The dominant eigenvalue and its corresponding eigenvector
by Dietzenbacher, Erik
1990, Volume 46, Issue 3
- 271-281 Simulated annealing: A tool for operational research
by Eglese, R. W.
- 282-294 An empirical study on measuring operating efficiency and profitability of bank branches
by Oral, Muhittin & Yolalan, Reha
- 297-303 Optimisation and hypergraph theory
by Berge, Claude
- 304-312 A super criterion for testing portfolio efficiency: Empirical evidence on Finnish stock data
by Ostermark, R.
- 313-321 Integrating multiple long-range transport models into optimization methodologies for acid rain policy analysis
by Ellis, J. Hugh
- 322-332 A classification scheme for vehicle routing and scheduling problems
by Desrochers, M. & Lenstra, J. K. & Savelsbergh, M. W. P.
- 333-342 Decision support systems applications research: A bibliography (1971-1988)
by Eom, Hyun B. & Lee, Sang M.
- 343-349 Software reliability growth models for testing-effort control
by Yamada, Shigeru & Ohtera, Hiroshi
- 350-357 Solving multiple objective linear programs in objective space
by Dauer, Jerald P. & Liu, Yi-Hsin
- 358-365 Constructing the set of efficient objective values in multiple objective linear programs
by Dauer, J. P. & Saleh, O. A.
- 366-379 Mean value analysis for multiclass closed queueing network models of flexible manufacturing systems with limited buffers
by Zhuang, Li & Hindi, K. S.
- 380-387 Tandem behavior of a finite capacity G/M/1 queueing system: An algorithm
by Pourbabai, Behnam
- 388-392 An observation on storage allocation in a flow line with a common buffer
by Melloy, Brian J. & Soyster, Allen L. & Jeya Chandra, M.
- 393-398 On the resemblance between the Kornai-Liptak and cross decomposition techniques for block-angular linear programs
by Aardal, Karen & Ari, Aysen
- 399-403 On duality for Boolean programming
by Korner, Frank
- 404-408 On the numerical realization of the exact penalty method for quadratic programming algorithms
by Korner, Frank
- 409-411 On "a quadratic integer program for the location of interacting hub facilities"
by Aykin, Turgut
1990, Volume 46, Issue 2
- 141-142 Group Decision and Negotiation Support Systems (GDNSS)
by Bui, Tung X. & Jelassi, Tawfik M. & Shakun, Melvin F.
- 143-161 The effects of electronic meetings on group processes and outcomes: An assessment of the empirical research
by Pinsonneault, Alain & Kraemer, Kenneth L.
- 162-176 Assessing GDSS empirical research
by Gray, Paul & Vogel, Doug & Beauclair, Renee
- 177-180 Social-emotional aspects of negotiation
by Faure, Guy Olivier & Le Dong, Van & Shakun, Melvin F.
- 181-199 A development framework for computer-supported conflict resolution
by Anson, Robert G. & Jelassi, M. Tawfik
- 200-215 Supporting problem representations in decisions with strategic interactions
by Kersten, Gregory E. & Mallory, Geoffrey R.
- 216-234 Negotiation planning: An AI approach
by Sycara, Katia P.
- 235-246 A formal analysis of the Canada-U.S. softwood lumber dispute
by Hipel, Keith W. & Fang, Liping & Kilgour, D. Marc
- 247-259 Control strategies for group decision support systems: An end-user computing model
by Euske, K. J. & Dolk, D. R.
1990, Volume 46, Issue 1
- 1-20 Multi-stage production-inventory systems
by Goyal, S. K. & Gunasekaran, A.
- 21-27 An economic ordering policy model for deteriorating items with time proportional demand
by Xu, Haiping & (Ben) Wang, Hsu-Pin
- 28-37 Scheduling batches on parallel machines with major and minor set-ups
by Tang, Christopher S.