European Journal of Operational Research
1990, Volume 46, Issue 1
- 38-47 Set partitioning and column generation heuristics for capacitated dynamic lotsizing
by Cattrysse, Dirk & Maes, Johan & Van Wassenhove, Luk N.
- 48-60 The discrete p-dispersion problem
by Erkut, Erhan
- 61-72 Relocation-promotion problem with Euclidean distance
by Huang, Wilfred V. & Batta, Rajan & Babu, A. J. G.
- 73-83 Lagrangean dual ascent algorithms for computing bounds in capacitated plant location problems
by Guignard, Monique & Opaswongkarn, Kongkiat
- 84-92 Improved Lagrangean decomposition: An application to the generalized assignment problem
by Barcia, Paulo & Jornsten, Kurt
- 93-100 An improved annealing scheme for the QAP
by Connolly, David T.
- 101-108 Generating cuts in integer programming with families of special ordered sets
by Wilson, J. M.
- 109-112 The growth of m-constraint random knapsacks
by Schilling, Kenneth E.
- 113-122 A comparison of a robust mixed-integer approach to existing methods for establishing classification rules for the discriminant problem
by Stam, Antonie & Joachimsthaler, Erich A.
- 123-135 An approximate analysis of open tandem queueing networks with blocking and general service times
by Jun, Kyung P. & Perros, Harry G.
1990, Volume 45, Issue 2-3
- 127-135 Editorial
by Vincke, Ph.
- 135-142 An integrated push-pull manufacturing strategy
by Olhager, Jan & Ostlund, Bjorn
- 143-154 Approximate models of assembly systems with finite inventory banks
by Liu, Xiao-Gao & Buzacott, John A.
- 155-176 Coordinated production scheduling for make-to-order manufacturing
by Markland, R. E. & Darby-Dowman, K. H. & Minor, E. D.
- 177-190 Modelling and scheduling of a flexible manufacturing system
by Sawik, Tadeusz
- 191-202 Equipment utilization based maintenance task scheduling in a job shop
by Banerjee, Avijit & Burton, Jonathan S.
- 203-218 Suboptimal inspection policies for imperfectly observed realistic systems
by Devooght, J. & Dubus, A. & Smidts, C.
- 219-223 A new approximation for the inspection period of systems with different failure rates
by Rodrigues Dias, J.
- 224-230 Optimal process levels for the joint control of variables and attributes
by Arcelus, F. J. & Rahim, M. A.
- 231-240 Structural properties of continuum systems
by Montero, J. & Tejada, J. & Yanez, J.
- 241-250 Engineering applications of discrete time optimal control
by Ravn, Hans F. & Vidal, ReneVictor Valqui
- 251-259 A case study in transportation network optimization using a microcomputer
by Pirlot, Marc
- 260-264 An inventory model for perishable items in a lot-size system with quantity discounts
by Shiue, Yih-Chearng
- 265-274 Knowledge acquisition and assessment about production management systems
by Guinet, A.
- 275-292 An analysis of the structure of expert knowledge
by Montazemi, A. R. & Chan, L.
- 293-308 CGX: An expert support system for credit granting
by Srinivasan, Venkat & Ruparel, Bharat
- 309-323 Rule-based formalism and preference representation: An extension of
by Kersten, Gregory E. & Szpakowicz, Stan
- 324-331 Decision-aid and decision-making
by Roy, Bernard
- 332-346 Multicriteria location of thermal power plants
by Barda, O. Haluk & Dupuis, Joseph & Lencioni, Pierre
- 347-355 A multi-objective model for warranty estimation
by Mitra, Amitava & Patankar, Jayprakash G.
- 356-367 Service with a smile -- The public face of public sector industries
by Field, E. A. & Shutler, M. F.
- 370-371 OR Software
by Thiriez, Herve
1990, Volume 45, Issue 1
- 1-3 Fifth EURO summer institute
by de Kok, Ton G. & Lenstra, Jan Karel & Wijngaard, Jacob & Zijm, W. Henk M.
- 4-14 A benders decomposition based heuristic for the hierarchical production planning problem
by Aardal, Karen & Larsson, Torbjorn
- 15-24 An efficient algorithm for the capacitated single item dynamic lot size problem
by Kirca, Omer
- 25-37 Multi-level lot-sizing problem: Evaluation of a simulated-annealing heuristic
by Kuik, R. & Salomon, M.
- 38-46 Operational production planning in a chemical manufacturing environment
by Selen, W. J. & Heuts, R. M. J.
- 47-54 Machine allocation problems in manufacturing networks
by Boxma, O. J. & Rinnooy Kan, A. H. G. & van Vliet, M.
- 55-69 Hierarchical production planning for consumer goods
by de Kok, A. G.
- 70-84 Integral stock norms in divergent systems with lot-sizes
by van Donselaar, Karel
- 85-95 A concept for planning and scheduling in an FMS
by Solot, Philippe
- 96-105 Planning for CIM in Hungary: Facts about and attitudes to implementation
by Vastag, Gyula
- 106-112 Computer-based manufacturing planning and control systems in small companies
by Ovrin, Peter & Olhager, Jan & Rapp, Birger
1990, Volume 44, Issue 3
- 307-318 The Hazbani-Dan water system
by Rabinowitz, Gad & Mehrez, Abraham & Oron, Gideon
- 319-330 To protect or not to protect: Bayes decisions with forecasts
by Krzysztofowicz, Roman & Long, Dou
- 331-336 Improved lower bounds for minimizing the sum of completion times of n jobs over m machines in a flow shop
by Ahmadi, Reza H. & Bagchi, Uttarayan
- 337-348 The discrete lot-sizing and scheduling problem
by Fleischmann, Bernhard
- 349-356 Retraining in an interdependent system of labor markets: A network analysis
by Faxen, Karl-Olof & Thore, Sten
- 357-372 Locating an absolute center on graphs that are almost trees
by Kincaid, Rex K. & Lowe, Timothy J.
- 373-382 Efficiency and proper efficiency in nonlinear vector maximum problems
by Gulati, T. R. & Islam, M. A.
- 383-394 Multicriteria analysis using a large-scale energy supply LP model
by Psarras, J. & Capros, P. & Samouilidis, J. -E.
- 395-409 A finite cutting plane method for solving linear programs with an additional reverse convex constraint
by Fulop, Janos
- 410-413 A note on dual solutions of the assignment problem in connection with the traveling salesman problem
by Jeromin, Bernd & Korner, Frank
- 414-423 Duality properties of a one-dimensional random walk and a new computational algorithm
by Winsten, C. B. & Fryer, M. J.
1990, Volume 44, Issue 2
- 134-144 Average-case analysis of cutting and packing in two dimensions
by Coffman, E. G. & Shor, P. W.
- 145-159 A typology of cutting and packing problems
by Dyckhoff, Harald
- 160-166 Knowledge-based systems for cutting stock problems
by H. Dagli, Cihan
- 167-174 Approximate solutions for the cutting stock `portfolio' problem
by Gemmill, Douglas D. & Sanders, Jerry L.
- 175-184 An LP-based approach to cutting stock problems with multiple objectives
by Wascher, Gerhard
- 185-196 A two-phase roll cutting problem
by Soeiro Ferreira, J. & Antonio Neves, M. & Fonseca e Castro, P.
- 197-208 Optimal solutions for the cutting stock problem
by Goulimis, Constantine
- 209-223 A one-dimensional cutting stock problem in the aluminium industry and its solution
by Stadtler, Hartmut
- 224-231 One-dimensional cutting stock decisions for rolls with multiple quality grades
by Sweeney, Paul E. & Haessler, Robert W.
- 232-238 Efficient automated pallet loading
by Dowsland, Kathryn A.
- 239-246 Selection of stockplate characteristics and cutting style for two dimensional cutting stock situations
by Farley, Alan A.
- 247-255 The cutting stock problem in the canvas industry
by Farley, Alan A.
- 256-266 An improved version of Wang's algorithm for two-dimensional cutting problems
by Oliveira, JoseFernando & Ferreira, JoseSoeiro
- 267-276 A comparative evaluation of heuristics for container loading
by Bischoff, Eberhard E. & Marriott, Michael D.
- 277-288 A computer-based heuristic for packing pooled shipment containers
by Gehring, H. & Menschner, K. & Meyer, M.
- 289-299 Load planning for shipments of low density products
by Haessler, Robert W. & Brian Talbot, F.
1990, Volume 44, Issue 1
- 1-10 Nuclear waste management: An application of the multicriteria PROMETHEE methods
by Briggs, Th. & Kunsch, P. L. & Mareschal, B.
- 11-16 The selection and scheduling of textile orders with due dates
by Stern, Helman I. & Avivi, Zion
- 17-27 Flexibility and decision making
by Mandelbaum, Marvin & Buzacott, John
- 28-38 A hybrid conjoint model for price-demand estimation
by Green, Paul E. & Krieger, Abba M.
- 39-46 Assembly manpower allocation under proportionality constraints
by Karthikeyan, G. & Krishnaswamy, K. N.
- 47-59 Mission effectiveness analysis of an aircraft attacking passive targets
by Sivazlian, B. D. & Rhee, Hahn-Kyou
- 60-66 Approximating queue lengths in M(t)/D/1 queues
by Alfa, Attahiru Sule
- 67-74 A matrix-geometric solution of the jockeying problem
by Kao, Edward P. C. & Lin, Chiunsin
- 75-83 On the M/G/k group-arrival loss system
by Fakinos, D.
- 84-94 Optimal replacement policy with stochastic maintenance and operation costs
by Ye, Meng-Hua
- 95-104 Generalized dynamic programming for multicriteria optimization
by Carraway, Robert L. & Morin, Thomas L. & Moskowitz, Herbert
- 105-118 Trade-off rates in the hyperplane method for multiobjective optimization problems
by Sakawa, Masatoshi & Yano, Hitoshi
1989, Volume 43, Issue 3
- 245-262 A local version of Karamardian's theorem on lower semicontinuous strictly quasiconvex functions
by Behringer, F. A.
- 263-266 An approach to multi-criteria decision making problems using probabilistic set theory
by Czogal, E. & Roubens, M.
- 267-270 A pseudo-polynomial algorithm for a two-machine no-wait job-shop scheduling problem
by Kubiak, Wieslaw
- 271-283 A multi-stage multi-attribute decision model for project selection
by Anandalingam, G. & Olsson, C. E.
- 284-291 An influence matrix for project expediting
by Kouskoulas, V. & Abutouq, G.
- 292-304 The effect of discretizing the planning period on the optimal cost of capacity expansion systems
by Ong, S. L. & Adams, B. J.
- 305-312 Use of penalties in a branch and bound procedure for the fixed charge transportation problem
by Schaffer, Joanne R. & O'Leary, Daniel E.
- 313-316 On the stochastic complexity of the asymmetric traveling salesman problem
by Dost, Hans-Ulrich & Terno, Johannes & Scheithauer, Guntram
- 317-326 Approximate articulation of preference and priority derivation
by Arbel, Ami
- 327-341 Optimal procedures and complexity analyses of nonserial converging branch networks
by Lee, Chae Y.
- 342-349 Operational threat assessments for civil defense planning
by Widberg, Jan
- 350-355 Stochastic dominance with incomplete information on probabilities
by Keppe, Hans-Jurgen & Weber, Martin
1989, Volume 43, Issue 2
- 119-135 Flexibility of manufacturing systems: Concepts and measurements
by Gupta, Yash P. & Goyal, Sameer
- 136-142 Measuring the efficiency of maintenance units in the Israeli Air Force
by Roll, Y. & Golany, B. & Seroussy, D.
- 143-160 Scheduling algorithms for flexible flowshops: Worst and average case performance
by Sriskandarajah, C. & Sethi, S. P.
- 161-167 Optimal allocation of payments and receipts
by van der Knoop, Han S. & Hooijmans, Frans C.
- 168-173 Optimal production policy for decaying items with decreasing demand
by Cheng, T. C. E.
- 174-183 Stochastic and fuzzy
by Lootsma, F. A.
- 184-196 Batch size effects on the efficiency of control variates in simulation
by Nelson, Barry L.
- 197-205 An application-oriented guide for designing Lagrangean dual ascent algorithms
by Guignard, Monique & Rosenwein, Moshe B.
- 206-215 On coverage probability, independence and normality in batch means algorithms
by Adam, Nabil R. & Klein, Steven W.
- 216-224 An empirical investigation of some bicriterion shortest path algorithms
by Brumbaugh-Smith, J. & Shier, D.
- 225-230 A polynomial algorithm to optimally schedule tasks on a virtual distributed system under tree-like precedence constraints
by Chretienne, Philippe
- 231-238 Asymptotic expected performance of some TSP heuristics: An empirical evaluation
by Ong, H. L. & Huang, H. C.
1989, Volume 43, Issue 1
- 1-2 OR in transportaton--NOAS '87
by Clausen, Jens
- 3-12 Operational planning in airline business -- Can science improve efficiency? Experiences from SAS
by Andersson, Sven-Eric
- 13-25 A mathematical programming model for the development of petroleum fields and transport systems
by Aboudi, Ronny & Hallefjord, Asa & Helgesen, Carsten & Helming, Reidun & Jornsten, Kurt & Pettersen, Anne S. & Raum, Tore & Spence, Petter
- 26-33 Optimal storing, transport and processing for a forest-fuel supplier
by Eriksson, Ljusk Ola & Bjorheden, Rolf
- 34-43 An optimum link improvement model with a computer algorithm
by Abdulaal, Mustafa
- 44-52 TRASY -- An automated system for real-time control of the industrial truck haulage in open-pit mines
by Sgurev, V. & Vassilev, V. & Dokev, N. & Genova, K. & Drangajov, S. & Korsemov, Ch. & Atanassov, A.
- 53-64 A solver for the multi-objective transshipment problem with facility location
by Ogryczak, Wlodzimierz & Studzinski, Krzysztof & Zorychta, Krystian
- 65-77 Maximum outflow in generalized flow networks
by Simin Pulat, P.
- 78-87 Optimal plant size with variable cost and revenue streams
by Krinsky, Itzhak & Parlar, Mahmut
- 88-110 Heuristic methods and applications: A categorized survey
by Zanakis, Stelios H. & Evans, James R. & Vazacopoulos, Alkis A.
1989, Volume 42, Issue 3
- 229-242 Operational research and fisheries management
by Lane, Daniel E.
- 243-253 Lumberproduction optimization
by Reinders, M. P. & Hendriks, Th. H. B.
- 254-267 Linearly constrained estimation by mathematical programming
by Klafszky, Emil & Mayer, Janos & Terlaky, Tamas
- 268-278 The potential demise of OR/MS: Consequences of neglecting epistemology
by van Gigch, John P.
- 279-293 Empirical indication of economic long waves in aggregate production
by Rasmussen, Steen & Mosekilde, Erik & Holst, Jan
- 294-304 Facilities location in a competitive environment: A promethee based multiple criteria analysis
by Karkazis, John
- 305-312 Solving the fixed charge problem with Lagrangian relaxation and cost allocation heuristics
by Wright, Don D. & von Lanzenauer, Christoph Haehling
- 313-325 Median linear orders: Heuristics and a branch and bound algorithm
by Barthelemy, J. P. & Guenoche, A. & Hudry, O.
- 326-338 Approximation of convex curves with application to the bicriterial minimum cost flow problem
by Fruhwirth, B. & Bukkard, R. E. & Rote, G.
- 339-340 OR software
by Thiriez, Herve
1989, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 111-128 Knowledge bases: Integration, verification, and partitioning
by Botten, Nancy & Kusiak, Andrew & Raz, Tzvi
- 129-141 Management of pavement rehabilitation
by Hugo, F. & Scholtz, W. J. & Sinclair, M. & Curtayne, P. C.
- 142-151 An optimal production-mix model
by Krauth, J. & Warschat, J.
- 152-165 A mathematical model for the fixed-time traffic control problem
by Serafini, Paolo & Ukovich, Walter
- 166-177 The formulation and solution of large-scale multicommodity equilibrium problems over space and time
by Nagurney, Anna
- 178-189 The inclusion of `spinning reserves' in investmetn and simulation models for electricity generation
by Schaeffer, Peter V. & Cherene, Louis J.
- 190-202 Lot sizes and setup frequency with learning in setups and process quality
by Chand, Suresh
- 203-212 Numerical experience with conjugate direction methods in constrained minimization
by Murty, B. S. N. & Reddy, P. J. & Husain, Asghar
- 213-222 A formal description of discrete event dynamic systems including infinitesimal perturbation analysis
by Bettonvil, Bert
1989, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 1-21 Static game theory models and their applications in management science
by Wang, Qinan & Parlar, Mahmut
- 22-38 Performance evaluation for systems of pooled machines of unequal sizes: Unbalancing versus balancing
by Stecke, Kathryn E. & Kim, Ilyong
- 39-51 The vehicle routing problem with backhauls
by Goetschalckx, Marc & Jacobs-Blecha, Charlotte
- 52-58 Two suggestions to improve on the efficiency of the check computations in the banking system in Belgium
by Stevens, Patrick
- 59-87 Multiple tests for validation of system dynamics type of simulation models
by Barlas, Yaman
- 88-100 Quality control of the M/G/1 queue
by Hsu, Lie-Fern & Tapiero, Charles S.
1989, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 261-269 Integrated inventory models: The buyer-vendor coordination
by Goyal, Suresh K. & Gupta, Yash P.
- 270-276 A microcomputer system for formulating animal diets which may involve liquid raw materials
by Munford, Alan G.
- 277-289 A mathematical model for scheduling and staffing multiclinic health regions
by Franz, Lori S. & Baker, Hope M. & Leong, G. Keong & Rakes, Terry R.
- 290-301 A banker's use of simulation and artificial intelligence for assessing the economics of electronic money networks
by Coats, Pamela K.
- 302-313 Managing interest-rate risk in banking institutions
by Booth, G. Geoffrey & Bessler, Wolfgang & Foote, William G.
- 314-320 Distance weighted voting and a single facility location problem
by Vohra, Rakesh V.
- 321-334 A method to control flexible manufacturing systems
by Hintz, G. W. & Zimmermann, H. -J.
- 335-346 Module design with substitute parts and multiple vendors
by Goldberg, Jeff & Zhu, Ji
- 347-354 Redundancy in lexicographic goal programming: An empirical approach
by Amador, Francisco & Romero, Carlos
- 355-366 Approximating the noninferior set in linear biobjective programs using multiparametric decomposition
by Solanki, Rajendra S. & Cohon, Jared L.
1989, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 127-141 Recent contributions to optimal product positioning and buyer segmentation
by Green, Paul E. & Krieger, Abba M.
- 142-150 DSS and ES in the `information organization'--Back to the roots of OR
by Grunwald, Herbert J. & Fortuin, Leonard
- 151-156 Optimal, near-optimal and rule-of-thumb claiming rules for a protected bonus vehicle insurance policy
by Chappell, D. & Norman, J. M.
- 157-161 Optimality of the shortest line discipline with state-dependent service rates
by Johri, Pravin K.
- 162-168 Asymptotic analysis of some complex renewable systems operating in random environments
by Anisimov, Vladimir & Sztrik, Janos
- 169-173 On the stability region for multi-level inventory problems
by Richter, Knut & Voros, Jozsef
- 174-180 State reduction in a dependent demand inventory model given by a time series
by Reyman, Grzegorz
- 181-185 A modified priority index for Gunther's lot-sizing heuristic under capacitated single stage production
by Selen, W. J. & Heuts, R. M.
- 186-193 A new heuristic method for the flow shop sequencing problem
by Widmer, Marino & Hertz, Alain
- 194-202 k-optimal solution sets for some polynomially solvable scheduling problems
by Brucker, Peter J. & Hamacher, Horst W.
- 203-209 A comparison of two interactive procedures
by Reeves, Gary R. & Gonzalez, Juan J.
- 210-217 Interactive decision making in fuzzy linear optimization problems
by Rommelfanger, Heinrich
- 218-223 A min-max resource allocation problem with substitutions
by Pang, Jong-Shi & Chang-Sung, Yu
- 224-231 Algorithms to solve the orienteering problem: A comparison
by Keller, C. Peter
- 232-239 An optimal column-generation-with-ranking algorithm for very large scale set partitioning problems in traffic assignment
by Ribeiro, Celso Carneiro & Minoux, Michel & Penna, Manoel Camillo
- 240-248 Evaluating the maximize minimum distance formulation of the linear discriminant problem
by Rubin, Paul A.
1989, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 1-14 Operations research in project management and cost engineering: An outlook for new operational developments
by Poiaga, Luigi
- 15-22 Forecasting under unstable conditions: A case study of the cocoa market
by Boas, J.
- 23-32 Redesign of primary response areas for county ambulance services
by Baker, Joanna R. & Clayton, Edward R. & Moore, Laurence J.
- 33-43 Computer-based modeling environments
by Geoffrion, Arthur M.
- 44-53 Simulation-optimisation: The method and its application in the analysis of grain terminal operations
by Guimaraes, Rui C. & Kingsman, Brian G.
- 54-63 On the heterogeneous machine interference problem with priority and ordinary machines
by Posafalvi, Andras & Sztrik, Janos
- 64-72 The minimax center estimation problem for automated roundness inspection
by Ventura, Jose A. & Yeralan, Sencer
- 73-85 Estimating nonparametric convex functions using gradient data
by Carey, Malachy
- 86-100 Conflict models in graph form: Solution concepts and their interrelationships
by Fang, Liping & Hipel, Keith W. & Kilgour, D. Marc
- 101-107 Advising very senior management -- some reflections
by Collcutt, R. H.
- 108-121 Operational Research in practice: Experiences of an OR group in industry
by Fortuin, Leonard & Zijlstra, Mynt
1989, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 275-291 Analytical models for locating undesirable facilities
by Erkut, Erhan & Neuman, Susan
- 292-298 A non-linear congestion network model for planning internal movement in the Hajj
by Charnes, A. & Duffuaa, S. & Yafi, A.
- 299-308 Constrained game formulations and interpretations for data envelopment analysis
by Banker, R. D. & Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Clarke, R.
- 309-321 Some properties of choice functions based on valued binary relations
by Roubens, M.
- 322-328 Computational behavior of a feasible direction method for linear programming
by Fathi, Yahya & Murty, Katta G.
- 329-336 Stochastic linear knapsack programming problem and its application to a portfolio selection problem
by Morita, Hiroshi & Ishii, Hiroaki & Nishida, Toshio
- 337-343 Linear complementarity problem with upper bounds
by Luthi, Hans-Jakob
- 344-351 Sequencing games
by Curiel, Imma & Pederzoli, Giorgio & Tijs, Stef
- 352-362 A cross-estimation technique for using control variables in stochastic simulations
by Ashford, R. W. & Beale, E. M. L.
- 363-376 Influence diagrams for Bayesian decision analysis
by Smith, J. Q.
- 377-388 Modeling uncertainty with belief functions in numerical models
by Kohlas, Jurg
- 389-396 Possibilistic linear regression analysis for fuzzy data
by Tanaka, Hideo & Hayashi, Isao & Watada, Junzo
1989, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 135-154 Fuzzy sets, probability and measurement
by Dubois, Didier & Prade, Henri
- 155-168 Capacity utilization: Theoretical models and empirical tests
by Lieberman, Marvin B.
- 169-185 Incentive contracts when production is subcontracted
by Balachandran, Kashi R. & Ronen, Joshua
- 186-195 Optimal product design using conjoint analysis: Computational complexity and algorithms
by Kohli, Rajeev & Krishnamurti, Ramesh
- 196-209 A structural methodology for managing manufacturing lead times in make-to-order companies
by Kingsman, B. G. & Tatsiopoulos, I. P. & Hendry, L. C.
- 210-221 A repairable item inventory system with diagnostic and repair service
by Lee, Hau L. & Moinzadeh, Kamran
- 222-242 Real-time scheduling of an automated manufacturing center
by Raman, Narayan & Rachamadugu, Ram V. & Talbot, F. Brian
- 243-251 Scheduling jobs on a single machine with periodic release date/deadline intervals
by Zdrzalka, Stanislaw
- 252-256 An economic order quantity model with demand-dependent unit cost
by Cheng, T. C. E.
- 257-267 Markov and Markov reward model transient analysis: An overview of numerical approaches
by Reibman, Andrew & Smith, Roger & Trivedi, Kishor