European Journal of Operational Research
1991, Volume 50, Issue 3
- 310-324 The finite capacity multi-server queue with inhomogeneous arrival rate and discrete service time distribution -- and its application to continuous service time problems
by Brahimi, M. & Worthington, D. J.
- 325-334 The practical conversion of linear programmes to network flow models
by Baston, V. J. D. & Rahmouni, M. K. & Williams, H. P.
- 335-344 A facet generation and relaxation technique applied to an assignment problem with side constraints
by Aboudi, Ronny & Hallefjord, Asa & Jornsten, Kurt
- 345-352 A cubic algorithm for the directed Eulerian subgraph problem
by Richey, M. B. & Parker, R. Gary
- 353-360 On pseudolinear functions
by Rapcsak, T.
1991, Volume 50, Issue 2
- 111-112 Editorial
by Bell, Peter C. & O'Keefe, Robert M.
- 113-126 The impact of language theories on DSS dialog
by Byrer, Joyce K. & Tawfik Jelassi, M.
- 127-139 Human-computer decision systems: The multiple roles of DSS
by Te'eni, Dov & Ginzberg, Michael J.
- 140-156 A decision support system for Univeristy admission policies
by Eliman, A. A.
- 157-165 Validation of a model to support the decision to transfer management control systems
by Snodgrass, Coral R. & Szewczak, Edward J.
- 166-178 Network based models for air-traffic control
by Zenios, Stavros A.
- 179-187 Selecting a text-processing system as a qualitative multiple criteria problem
by Tanner, Leena
- 188-198 Improper linear discriminant classifiers
by Koehler, Gary J.
- 199-210 Deriving expected values from probabilities of fuzzy subsets
by Chanas, Stefan & Florkiewicz, Bronislaw
- 211-219 A relaxation column signature method for assignment problems
by Paparrizos, Konstantinos
- 220-228 Conjugate duality and the curse of dimensionality
by Klein, C. M. & Morin, T. L.
- 229-233 Research of physical distribution operations
by Tilanus, C. B.
1991, Volume 50, Issue 1
- 1-233 Editorial
by Mercer, Alan & Tilanus, Bernhard & Zimmermann, Hans-Jurgen
- 2-18 Vendor selection criteria and methods
by Weber, Charles A. & Current, John R. & Benton, W. C.
- 19-21 A note on the effectiveness of security analysts' forecasts
by Guerard, John B. & Stone, Bernell K. & Hansen, Glen
- 22-26 Deriving route lengths from radial distances: Empirical evidence
by Stokx, C. F. M. & Tilanus, C. B.
- 27-36 Production planning
by Pasche, C.
- 37-47 Modeling of an interactive scheduling system in a complex environment
by Thiriez, Herve
- 48-60 A goal programming model for bank assets and liabilities management
by Giokas, D. & Vassiloglou, M.
- 61-75 Application of the decision support system to the evaluation of landslide favourability in Greece
by Hadzinakos, I. & Yannacopoulos, D. & Faltsetas, C. & Ziourkas, K.
- 76-84 Perspectives on operations research in long-term planning
by Lootsma, F. A.
- 85-91 Databases and desktop publishing in the process of reviewing OR books
by Haley, K. Brian & Tobias, Andrew M.
- 92-93 Letter to the editor
by Papoulias, Demetrios B.
1990, Volume 49, Issue 3
- 295-307 Multiobjective analysis of facility location decisions
by Current, John & Min, Hokey & Schilling, David
- 308-324 Validating and applying a model for locating emergency medical vehicles in Tuczon, AZ
by Goldberg, Jeffrey & Dietrich, Robert & Ming Chen, Jen & Mitwasi, M. George & Valenzuela, Terry & Criss, Elizabeth
- 325-332 Measurement of adaptivity and flexibility in production systems
by Brill, P. H. & Mandelbaum, M.
- 333-347 Allocating resources between health care regions: Catchment populations and allocating for equity
by Wilson, Richard M. & Gibberd, R. W.
- 348-355 Use of exact penalty functions to determine efficient decisions
by Bernau, Heinz
1990, Volume 49, Issue 2
- 155-355 Editorial
by Bornstein, C. T. & Rosenhead, J. & Vidal, R. V. V.
- 156-178 The role of operational research in less developed countries: A critical approach
by Bornstein, Claudio T. & Rosenhead, Jonathan
- 179-187 The paradox of OR in India
by Patel, Nitin R.
- 188-199 Applications of OR in developing economies: Some Indian experiences
by Bandyopadhyay, R. & Datta, S.
- 200-210 Developing applied OR teaching in Asia
by Luck, M. & Patel, N. & Walsham, G.
- 211-221 Operations research as a tool for analysis of food security problems
by Schweigman, C. & Bakker, E. J. & Snijders, T. A. B.
- 222-229 Warehouse location in a developing country: Problems in formulating the problem
by Bornstein, Claudio Thomas & de Castro Villela, Paulo R.
- 230-246 Project evaluation for energy supply in rural areas of developing countries
by Christensen, John M. & Vidal, ReneVictor Valqui
- 247-253 Water resources optimization--simulation in Argentina
by Gradowczyk, Mario H. & Jacovkis, Pablo M. & Freisztav, Ana M. & Roussel, Jean-Marc & Tabak, Esteban G.
- 254-265 Power outage planning
by Modarres, Mohammad
- 266-270 The control of helicopter operations in the Brazilian oil industry: Issues in the design and implementation of a computerized system
by Galvao, Roberto D. & Guimaraes, Jesu
- 271-278 The potential for computer-aided diagnosis of tropical diseases in developing countries: An expert system case study
by Doukidis, Georgios I. & Forster, Dayo
- 279-288 In quest of useful health care decision models for developing countries
by Parker, Barnett R.
- 289-294 OR in Greece: Myth and reality
by Papoulias, Demetrios B. & Darzentas, John
1990, Volume 49, Issue 1
- 1-2 Project management and scheduling: A permanent challenge for OR
by Valadares Tavares, Luis & Weglarz, Jan
- 3-13 Some efficient multi-heuristic procedures for resource-constrained project scheduling
by Boctor, Fayer F.
- 14-34 Project bidding under deterministic and probabilistic activity durations
by Elmaghraby, Salah E.
- 35-49 The scheduling of activities to maximize the net present value of projects
by Elmaghraby, Salah E. & Herroelen, Willy S.
- 50-59 Special features of precedence network charts
by Harhalakis, George
- 60-67 Managing the political context in PMS organizations
by Jones, Robert E.
- 68-79 Computational experience with a backtracking algorithm for solving a general class of precedence and resource-constrained scheduling problems
by Patterson, James H. & Brian Talbot, F. & Slowinski, Roman & Weglarz, Jan
- 80-91 A heuristic for multi-project scheduling with limited resources in the housing industry
by Tsubakitani, Shigeru & Deckro, Richard F.
- 92-101 A multi-stage non-deterministic model for project scheduling under resources constraints
by Valadares Tavares, L.
- 102-139 An evaluation of microcomputer-based software packages for project management
by De Wit, Jan & Herroelen, Willy
- 140-152 Project compression: A method for speeding up resource constrained projects which preserve the activity schedule
by Yau, Chuk & Ritchie, Eric
- 153-154 Symmetric traveling salesman problems
by Volgenant, A.
1990, Volume 48, Issue 3
- 295-310 Sales force deployment models
by Howick, R. S. & Pidd, M.
- 311-317 A quantitative analysis of new car sales and advertising in Greece
by Donatos, G. S. & Kioulafas, K. E.
- 318-331 Sequential estimation of a time dependent advertising effectiveness model
by Jex, C. F.
- 332-341 Sensitivity analysis of the additive model in data envelopment analysis
by Charnes, A. & Neralic, L.
- 342-350 A strategy for determining the optimal domain for knowledge based decision support systems
by Marsden, James R. & Pingry, David E. & St. Louis, Robert D.
- 351-361 Extensions of mathematical programming-based classification rules: A multicriteria approach
by Stam, Antonie
- 362-371 An algorithm for disjunctive programs
by Beaumont, Nicholas
- 372-375 Generalised convexity and symmetric duality in nonlinear programming
by Kar, K. & Nanda, S.
- 376-390 An algorithm for finding the absolute center of a network
by Sforza, Antonio
- 391-400 Generating random numbers by adapted rejection
by Kampke, Thomas
1990, Volume 48, Issue 2
- 175-188 Planning models for research and development
by Weber, R. & Werners, B. & Zimmermann, H. -J.
- 189-203 Choice of a long-term strategy for the national electricity supply via scenario analysis and multi-criteria analysis
by Lootsma, F. A. & Boonekamp, P. G. M. & Cooke, R. M. & Van Oostvoorn, F.
- 204-218 Synchronized scheduling and random delays in urban transit
by Bookbinder, James H. & Ahlin, Frank J.
- 219-225 Multiobjective programming in optimization of the interval objective function
by Ishibuchi, Hisao & Tanaka, Hideo
- 226-241 A multi-objective approach to resource allocation in single machine scheduling
by Daniels, Richard L.
- 242-251 Utility functions based on net present worth
by Fraser, Jane M.
- 252-259 Common random numbers in multivariate simulations
by Sloan, Brian J. & Unwin, Antony R.
- 260-274 Analysis and computation of (n, N)-strategies for maintenance of a two-component system
by van der Duyn Schouten, F. A. & Vanneste, S. G.
- 275-280 Interactive workforce management on a PC: An industry--university partnership
by Hegde, G. G. & Tadikamalla, Pandu R.
1990, Volume 48, Issue 1
- 1-280 Editorial
by Vargas, Luis G. & Whittaker, R. W.
- 2-8 An overview of the analytic hierarchy process and its applications
by Vargas, Luis G.
- 9-26 How to make a decision: The analytic hierarchy process
by Saaty, Thomas L.
- 27-37 An application of the AHP to bank strategic planning: The mergers and acquisitions process
by Arbel, Ami & Orgler, Yair E.
- 38-48 Analytic Hierarchy Process in the benefit-cost framework: A post-evaluation of the Trans-Sumatra highway project
by Azis, Iwan J.
- 49-56 Equitable allocation of livers for orthotopic transplantation: An application of the Analytic Hierarchy process
by Ryan Cook, D. & Staschak, Sandra & Green, William T.
- 57-65 Designing a mouse trap using the analytic hierarchy process and expert choice
by Dobias, Arthur P.
- 66-76 A decision aid in the public debate on nuclear power
by Hamalainen, Raimo P.
- 77-80 Site selection for a `sure service terminal'
by Hegde, G. G. & Tadikamalla, Pandu R.
- 81-87 Using qualitative data in multiple objective linear programming
by Korhonen, Pekka & Wallenius, Jyrki
- 88-97 Globally effective questioning in the Analytic Hierarchy Process
by Millet, Ido & Harker, Patrick T.
- 98-104 Physics as a decision theory
by Saaty, Thomas L.
- 105-119 An industrial bond rating model based on the Analytic Hierarchy Process
by Srinivasan, Venkat & Bolster, Paul J.
- 120-127 The decentralization of a sales support department in a medium-large company : A quantitative assessment based on ideas of Thomas L. Saaty and Stafford Beer
by Steenge, A. E. & Bulten, A. & Peters, F. G.
- 128-135 Fly now or fly later? The delayed consumption problem
by Weiss, Elliott N.
- 136-147 A method for quantitative evaluation of expert systems
by Zahedi, Fatemeh
- 148-152 Testing for the rank ordering of the priorities of the alternatives in Saaty's ratio-scale method
by Basak, Indrani
- 153-155 Random indices for incomplete pairwise comparison matrices
by Forman, Ernest H.
- 156-160 Eigenvector and logarithmic least squares
by Saaty, Thomas L.
- 161-162 ORSEP (operations research software exchange program)
by Hamacher, Horst W.
1990, Volume 47, Issue 3
- 271-292 A state-of-the-art review of parallel-machine scheduling research
by Cheng, T. C. E. & Sin, C. C. S.
- 293-305 Multi-criteria analysis and budget reallocation in long-term research planning
by Lootsma, F. A. & Mensch, T. C. A. & Vos, F. A.
- 306-316 Integration of air pollution control technologies in linear energy--environmental models
by Remmers, J. & Morgenstern, Th. & Schons, G. & Haasis, H. -D. & Rentz, O.
- 317-329 Metamodelling and experimental design: Case study of the greenhouse effect
by Rotmans, J. & Vrieze, O. J.
- 330-338 The evaluation and analysis of retail sales promotions
by Preston, John & Mercer, Alan
- 339-347 The influence of product range in the space allocation procedure
by Preston, John & Mercer, Alan
- 348-363 The optimum markup when bidding with uncertain costs
by King, Malcolm & Mercer, Alan
- 364-370 Criteria for evaluating purchase quantity decisions in response to future price increases
by Markowski, Edward P.
- 371-386 Dynamic firm behavior within an uncertain environment
by Kort, Peter M.
- 387-393 Implicit games: Analysis of asymptotic competitive behaviors
by Namatame, Akira & Tse, Edison
1990, Volume 47, Issue 2
- 139-140 Editorial
by Thietart, R. A. & ESSEC
- 141-152 The dynamics of technology and strategy
by Hamilton, William F.
- 153-161 Alternative frameworks for technology strategy
by Mitchell, Graham R.
- 162-171 An interactive framework for formulating and evaluating a system incorporating new technologies
by de Silva, Anura H. & De Leo, Guido & Gennari, Nedo
- 172-181 Cooperative strategy in commercializing an emerging technology
by Shan, Weijian & Visudtibhan, Kanoknart
- 182-189 Product innovation: A tool for competitive advantage
by Angelmar, Reinhard
- 190-202 Comparing successful and less successful new innovative businesses
by Picot, Arnold & Laub, Ulf & Schneider, Dietram
- 203-213 Management systems for innovation and productivity
by Chakravarthy, Balaji S.
- 214-224 Integrating manufacturing strategy and technology choice
by Kleindorfer, Paul R. & Partovi, Fariborz Y.
- 225-238 A strategic analysis of flexible manufacturing systems
by Tombak, Mihkel M.
- 239-247 How to arrive at computer integrated manufacturing: A 3-year survey
by De Meyer, Arnoud
- 248-261 Technology selection models for multi-stage production systems: Joint application of physical system theory and mathematical programming
by Singh, N. & Sushil
1990, Volume 47, Issue 1
- 1-28 Introduction to computation and learning in artificial neural networks
by Masson, Egill & Wang, Yih-Jeou
- 29-34 Group decision support systems implement Bayesian rationality
by Sinclair-Desgagne, Bernard
- 35-48 Job oriented production scheduling
by Hastings, N. A. J. & Yeh, C. -H.
- 49-55 Scheduling stochastic jobs with due dates on parallel machines
by Emmons, Hamilton & Pinedo, Michael
- 56-64 Minimizing the makespan with late start penalties added to processing times in a single facility scheduling problem
by Kunnathur, Anand S. & Gupta, Sushil K.
- 65-74 Some efficient heuristic methods for the flow shop sequencing problem
by Taillard, E.
- 75-85 An efficient implementation of local search algorithms for constrained routing problems
by Savelsbergh, M. W. P.
- 86-95 The hamiltonian p-median problem
by Branco, I. M. & Coelho, J. D.
- 96-114 Calculating solution-value bounds for a geostationary-satellite location problem
by Reilly, Charles H. & Mata, Fernando
- 115-122 Spatial activity allocation modelling: The dominant eigenvalue and its corresponding eigenvector
by Dietzenbacher, Erik
1990, Volume 46, Issue 3
- 271-281 Simulated annealing: A tool for operational research
by Eglese, R. W.
- 282-294 An empirical study on measuring operating efficiency and profitability of bank branches
by Oral, Muhittin & Yolalan, Reha
- 297-303 Optimisation and hypergraph theory
by Berge, Claude
- 304-312 A super criterion for testing portfolio efficiency: Empirical evidence on Finnish stock data
by Ostermark, R.
- 313-321 Integrating multiple long-range transport models into optimization methodologies for acid rain policy analysis
by Ellis, J. Hugh
- 322-332 A classification scheme for vehicle routing and scheduling problems
by Desrochers, M. & Lenstra, J. K. & Savelsbergh, M. W. P.
- 333-342 Decision support systems applications research: A bibliography (1971-1988)
by Eom, Hyun B. & Lee, Sang M.
- 343-349 Software reliability growth models for testing-effort control
by Yamada, Shigeru & Ohtera, Hiroshi
- 350-357 Solving multiple objective linear programs in objective space
by Dauer, Jerald P. & Liu, Yi-Hsin
- 358-365 Constructing the set of efficient objective values in multiple objective linear programs
by Dauer, J. P. & Saleh, O. A.
- 366-379 Mean value analysis for multiclass closed queueing network models of flexible manufacturing systems with limited buffers
by Zhuang, Li & Hindi, K. S.
- 380-387 Tandem behavior of a finite capacity G/M/1 queueing system: An algorithm
by Pourbabai, Behnam
- 388-392 An observation on storage allocation in a flow line with a common buffer
by Melloy, Brian J. & Soyster, Allen L. & Jeya Chandra, M.
- 393-398 On the resemblance between the Kornai-Liptak and cross decomposition techniques for block-angular linear programs
by Aardal, Karen & Ari, Aysen
- 399-403 On duality for Boolean programming
by Korner, Frank
- 404-408 On the numerical realization of the exact penalty method for quadratic programming algorithms
by Korner, Frank
- 409-411 On "a quadratic integer program for the location of interacting hub facilities"
by Aykin, Turgut
1990, Volume 46, Issue 2
- 141-142 Group Decision and Negotiation Support Systems (GDNSS)
by Bui, Tung X. & Jelassi, Tawfik M. & Shakun, Melvin F.
- 143-161 The effects of electronic meetings on group processes and outcomes: An assessment of the empirical research
by Pinsonneault, Alain & Kraemer, Kenneth L.
- 162-176 Assessing GDSS empirical research
by Gray, Paul & Vogel, Doug & Beauclair, Renee
- 177-180 Social-emotional aspects of negotiation
by Faure, Guy Olivier & Le Dong, Van & Shakun, Melvin F.
- 181-199 A development framework for computer-supported conflict resolution
by Anson, Robert G. & Jelassi, M. Tawfik
- 200-215 Supporting problem representations in decisions with strategic interactions
by Kersten, Gregory E. & Mallory, Geoffrey R.
- 216-234 Negotiation planning: An AI approach
by Sycara, Katia P.
- 235-246 A formal analysis of the Canada-U.S. softwood lumber dispute
by Hipel, Keith W. & Fang, Liping & Kilgour, D. Marc
- 247-259 Control strategies for group decision support systems: An end-user computing model
by Euske, K. J. & Dolk, D. R.
1990, Volume 46, Issue 1
- 1-20 Multi-stage production-inventory systems
by Goyal, S. K. & Gunasekaran, A.
- 21-27 An economic ordering policy model for deteriorating items with time proportional demand
by Xu, Haiping & (Ben) Wang, Hsu-Pin
- 28-37 Scheduling batches on parallel machines with major and minor set-ups
by Tang, Christopher S.
- 38-47 Set partitioning and column generation heuristics for capacitated dynamic lotsizing
by Cattrysse, Dirk & Maes, Johan & Van Wassenhove, Luk N.
- 48-60 The discrete p-dispersion problem
by Erkut, Erhan
- 61-72 Relocation-promotion problem with Euclidean distance
by Huang, Wilfred V. & Batta, Rajan & Babu, A. J. G.
- 73-83 Lagrangean dual ascent algorithms for computing bounds in capacitated plant location problems
by Guignard, Monique & Opaswongkarn, Kongkiat
- 84-92 Improved Lagrangean decomposition: An application to the generalized assignment problem
by Barcia, Paulo & Jornsten, Kurt
- 93-100 An improved annealing scheme for the QAP
by Connolly, David T.
- 101-108 Generating cuts in integer programming with families of special ordered sets
by Wilson, J. M.
- 109-112 The growth of m-constraint random knapsacks
by Schilling, Kenneth E.
- 113-122 A comparison of a robust mixed-integer approach to existing methods for establishing classification rules for the discriminant problem
by Stam, Antonie & Joachimsthaler, Erich A.
- 123-135 An approximate analysis of open tandem queueing networks with blocking and general service times
by Jun, Kyung P. & Perros, Harry G.
1990, Volume 45, Issue 2-3
- 127-135 Editorial
by Vincke, Ph.
- 135-142 An integrated push-pull manufacturing strategy
by Olhager, Jan & Ostlund, Bjorn
- 143-154 Approximate models of assembly systems with finite inventory banks
by Liu, Xiao-Gao & Buzacott, John A.
- 155-176 Coordinated production scheduling for make-to-order manufacturing
by Markland, R. E. & Darby-Dowman, K. H. & Minor, E. D.
- 177-190 Modelling and scheduling of a flexible manufacturing system
by Sawik, Tadeusz
- 191-202 Equipment utilization based maintenance task scheduling in a job shop
by Banerjee, Avijit & Burton, Jonathan S.
- 203-218 Suboptimal inspection policies for imperfectly observed realistic systems
by Devooght, J. & Dubus, A. & Smidts, C.
- 219-223 A new approximation for the inspection period of systems with different failure rates
by Rodrigues Dias, J.
- 224-230 Optimal process levels for the joint control of variables and attributes
by Arcelus, F. J. & Rahim, M. A.
- 231-240 Structural properties of continuum systems
by Montero, J. & Tejada, J. & Yanez, J.
- 241-250 Engineering applications of discrete time optimal control
by Ravn, Hans F. & Vidal, ReneVictor Valqui
- 251-259 A case study in transportation network optimization using a microcomputer
by Pirlot, Marc
- 260-264 An inventory model for perishable items in a lot-size system with quantity discounts
by Shiue, Yih-Chearng
- 265-274 Knowledge acquisition and assessment about production management systems
by Guinet, A.
- 275-292 An analysis of the structure of expert knowledge
by Montazemi, A. R. & Chan, L.
- 293-308 CGX: An expert support system for credit granting
by Srinivasan, Venkat & Ruparel, Bharat
- 309-323 Rule-based formalism and preference representation: An extension of
by Kersten, Gregory E. & Szpakowicz, Stan
- 324-331 Decision-aid and decision-making
by Roy, Bernard
- 332-346 Multicriteria location of thermal power plants
by Barda, O. Haluk & Dupuis, Joseph & Lencioni, Pierre
- 347-355 A multi-objective model for warranty estimation
by Mitra, Amitava & Patankar, Jayprakash G.
- 356-367 Service with a smile -- The public face of public sector industries
by Field, E. A. & Shutler, M. F.
- 370-371 OR Software
by Thiriez, Herve
1990, Volume 45, Issue 1
- 1-3 Fifth EURO summer institute
by de Kok, Ton G. & Lenstra, Jan Karel & Wijngaard, Jacob & Zijm, W. Henk M.
- 4-14 A benders decomposition based heuristic for the hierarchical production planning problem
by Aardal, Karen & Larsson, Torbjorn
- 15-24 An efficient algorithm for the capacitated single item dynamic lot size problem
by Kirca, Omer
- 25-37 Multi-level lot-sizing problem: Evaluation of a simulated-annealing heuristic
by Kuik, R. & Salomon, M.
- 38-46 Operational production planning in a chemical manufacturing environment
by Selen, W. J. & Heuts, R. M. J.
- 47-54 Machine allocation problems in manufacturing networks
by Boxma, O. J. & Rinnooy Kan, A. H. G. & van Vliet, M.
- 55-69 Hierarchical production planning for consumer goods
by de Kok, A. G.
- 70-84 Integral stock norms in divergent systems with lot-sizes
by van Donselaar, Karel
- 85-95 A concept for planning and scheduling in an FMS
by Solot, Philippe