European Journal of Operational Research
1989, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 292-298 A non-linear congestion network model for planning internal movement in the Hajj
by Charnes, A. & Duffuaa, S. & Yafi, A.
- 299-308 Constrained game formulations and interpretations for data envelopment analysis
by Banker, R. D. & Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Clarke, R.
- 309-321 Some properties of choice functions based on valued binary relations
by Roubens, M.
- 322-328 Computational behavior of a feasible direction method for linear programming
by Fathi, Yahya & Murty, Katta G.
- 329-336 Stochastic linear knapsack programming problem and its application to a portfolio selection problem
by Morita, Hiroshi & Ishii, Hiroaki & Nishida, Toshio
- 337-343 Linear complementarity problem with upper bounds
by Luthi, Hans-Jakob
- 344-351 Sequencing games
by Curiel, Imma & Pederzoli, Giorgio & Tijs, Stef
- 352-362 A cross-estimation technique for using control variables in stochastic simulations
by Ashford, R. W. & Beale, E. M. L.
- 363-376 Influence diagrams for Bayesian decision analysis
by Smith, J. Q.
- 377-388 Modeling uncertainty with belief functions in numerical models
by Kohlas, Jurg
- 389-396 Possibilistic linear regression analysis for fuzzy data
by Tanaka, Hideo & Hayashi, Isao & Watada, Junzo
1989, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 135-154 Fuzzy sets, probability and measurement
by Dubois, Didier & Prade, Henri
- 155-168 Capacity utilization: Theoretical models and empirical tests
by Lieberman, Marvin B.
- 169-185 Incentive contracts when production is subcontracted
by Balachandran, Kashi R. & Ronen, Joshua
- 186-195 Optimal product design using conjoint analysis: Computational complexity and algorithms
by Kohli, Rajeev & Krishnamurti, Ramesh
- 196-209 A structural methodology for managing manufacturing lead times in make-to-order companies
by Kingsman, B. G. & Tatsiopoulos, I. P. & Hendry, L. C.
- 210-221 A repairable item inventory system with diagnostic and repair service
by Lee, Hau L. & Moinzadeh, Kamran
- 222-242 Real-time scheduling of an automated manufacturing center
by Raman, Narayan & Rachamadugu, Ram V. & Talbot, F. Brian
- 243-251 Scheduling jobs on a single machine with periodic release date/deadline intervals
by Zdrzalka, Stanislaw
- 252-256 An economic order quantity model with demand-dependent unit cost
by Cheng, T. C. E.
- 257-267 Markov and Markov reward model transient analysis: An overview of numerical approaches
by Reibman, Andrew & Smith, Roger & Trivedi, Kishor
- 268-269 OR Software
by Thiriez, Herve
1989, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 1-15 Production planning systems and their applicability to make-to-order companies
by Hendry, L. C. & Kingsman, B. G.
- 16-21 Control of inventories with intermittent demand
by Dunsmuir, W. T. M. & Snyder, R. N.
- 22-31 Optimization of management plans with short and long run problems: The case of shrimp production
by Sadeh, Arye & Talpaz, Hovav & Bessler, David A. & Griffin, Wade L.
- 32-37 An interactive system for constructing timetables on a PC
by Chahal, N. & de Werra, D.
- 38-42 Multi-buyer discount pricing
by Drezner, Z. & Wesolowsky, G. O.
- 43-57 A framework for replacement analysis
by Fraser, Jane M. & Posey, Jack W.
- 58-69 Review, extension and prediction in emergency service siting models
by ReVelle, Charles
- 70-77 Combinatorial aspects of cropping pattern selection in agriculture
by Clarke, Harry R.
- 78-84 Modeling learning effects via successive linear programming
by Harrison, Terry P. & Edward Ketz, J.
- 85-89 Remarks on second-order conditions in connection with the algorithm of Beale for quadratic programming
by Korner, Frank
- 90-98 A new integer programming formulation for the permutation flowshop problem
by Frieze, A. M. & Yadegar, J.
- 99-108 A priority M/G/1 queue with application to voice/data communication
by Sandhu, D. & Posner, M. J. M.
- 109-116 Conflict resolution via pairwise comparison of concessions
by Lootsma, F. A.
- 117-119 Some comments on "resource allocation in a large decentralized enterprise"
by van de Panne, Cornelis
- 120-127 ORSEP (Operations Research Software Exchange Program)
by W. Hamacher, Horst
1989, Volume 39, Issue 3
- 231-242 Competitive spatial models
by Eiselt, H. A. & Laporte, G.
- 243-253 An investigation into adequate data for estimating annual earnings time series models
by Guerard, John B.
- 254-260 The value of information from multiple sources of uncertainty in decision analysis
by Samson, D. & Wirth, A. & Rickard, J.
- 261-273 Quality control and product servicing: A decision framework
by Tapiero, Charles S. & Lee, Hau L.
- 274-283 Overtime decision rule experiments with a model of a real shop
by Adshead, N. S. & Price, D. H. R.
- 284-292 MEDICIS: An expert system for computer-aided diagnosis using the PROMETHEE multicriteria method
by Du Bois, Ph. & Brans, J. P. & Cantraine, F. & Mareschal, B.
- 293-304 Using weighting vectors to solve multiple attribute problems: A framework
by White, D. J.
- 305-324 A finite improvement algorithm for the linear complementarity problem
by Paparrizos, Konstantinos & Solow, Daniel
- 325-331 A Lagrangean approach to the degree-constrained minimum spanning tree problem
by Volgenant, A.
- 332-344 Reducing the hierarchical network design problem
by Duin, Cees & Volgenant, Anton
1989, Volume 39, Issue 2
- 119-130 New approaches for heuristic search: A bilateral linkage with artificial intelligence
by Glover, Fred & Greenberg, Harvey J.
- 131-137 End-user optimization with spreadsheet models
by Roy, Asim & Lasdon, Leon & Plane, Donald
- 138-149 Simulation modelling: A comparison of visual interactive and traditional approaches
by Kirkpatrick, Paul & Bell, Peter C.
- 150-156 The effect of ignoring routes when locating depots
by Salhi, Said & Rand, Graham K.
- 157-173 On the exact solution of large-scale simple plant location problems
by Korkel, Manfred
- 174-179 An economic production quantity model with flexibility and reliability considerations
by Cheng, T. C. E.
- 180-191 Optimal policy surfaces for a multi-item inventory problem
by Schneider, Helmut & Rinks, Dan B.
- 192-205 A queueing-location model with expected service time dependent queueing disciplines
by Batta, Rajan
- 206-212 Optimal replace-repair strategy for servicing products sold with warranty
by Nguyen, D. G. & Murthy, D. N. P.
- 213-222 A structural lagrangean relaxation for two-duty period bus driver scheduling problems
by Paixao, Jose & Pato, Margarida
1989, Volume 39, Issue 1
- 1-16 Markov decision processes
by White, Chelsea C. & White, Douglas J.
- 17-31 Production scheduling: Practice and theory
by Buxey, Geoff
- 32-39 The efficiency of uni-directionally patrolled machines with two robot repairmen
by Bunday, Brian D. & Khorram, Esmaile
- 40-53 On the long-term stability and cross-country invariance of financial ratio patterns
by Yli-olli, Paavo & Virtanen, Ilkka
- 54-60 Fuzzy input-output analysis
by Buckley, J. J.
- 61-70 A unified approach for characterizing Pareto optimal solutions of multiobjective optimization problems: The hyperplane method
by Yano, Hitoshi & Sakawa, Masatoshi
- 71-78 Models and exact solutions for a class of stochastic location-routing problems
by Laporte, Gilbert & Louveaux, Francois & Mercure, Helene
- 79-95 Boltzmann machines for travelling salesman problems
by Aarts, Emile H. L. & Korst, Jan H. M.
- 96-102 Constrained spanning trees and the traveling salesman problem
by Leclerc, Matthias & Rendl, Franz
- 103-107 On the relation of max-flow to min-cut for generalized networks
by Simin Pulat, P.
- 108-107 Guide to simulation
by Schrage, Linus
- 108-109 Assign-Rank
by Metrick, Lee B. & Maybee, John D.
1989, Volume 38, Issue 3
- 269-273 Overcoming environmental turbulence
by Tomlinson, Rolfe C.
- 274-276 EURO Gold Medal 1986: A parable on two-level parallelism
by Krarup, Jakob
- 277-281 A short discussion of the OR crisis
by Hansen, Pierre
- 282-285 The future of operations research is bright
by Rinnooy Kan, Alexander H. G.
- 286-289 The OR contribution to strategy formulation in a turbulent environment
by Lesourne, Jacques
- 290-300 Making models matter -- Lessons from experience
by Lee, T. H.
- 301-306 Some experimental findings on decision making under risk and their implications
by Jaffray, J. Y.
- 307-317 New models of decision under uncertainty: An interpretative essay
by Munier, Bertrand
- 318-328 Option analysis: Making better decision faster
by Van Landeghem, Rik R. G.
- 329-349 Time preference and the life cycle: The logic of long-term high risk vs. short-term low risk
by Ayres, Robert U. & Mori, Shunsuke
- 350-357 Not forecasts but multiple scenarios when coping with uncertainties in the competitive environment
by Meristo, Tarja
- 358-368 Performance measurement in universities
by Higgins, J. C.
- 369-375 The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth
by Shutler, Maurice & Field, Ernest
1989, Volume 38, Issue 2
- 141-155 The APL phenomenon: An operational research perspective
by Sniedovich, Moshe
- 156-166 Survey of scheduling research involving due date determination decisions
by Cheng, T. C. E. & Gupta, M. C.
- 167-177 Optimization of the movements of a component placement machine
by Leipala, Timo & Nevalainen, Olli
- 178-183 Combat modeling with partial differential equations
by Protopopescu, V. & Santoro, R. T. & Dockery, J.
- 184-201 Closed two node priority queueing networks
by Rumsewicz, M. & Henderson, W.
- 202-207 On the non-homogeneous service system MX/G/[infinity]
by Chatterjee, U. & Mukherjee, S. P.
- 208-212 The assignment of minimum crews among bases in an airlift operation
by Hong, Jae-Dong & Jeya Chandra, M. & Cavalier, Tom M.
- 213-226 Vehicles scheduling with sliding time windows
by Ferland, Jacques A. & Fortin, Luc
- 227-226 A branch and bound algorithm to minimize the number of late jobs in a permutation flow-shop
by Hariri, A. M. A. & Potts, C. N.
- 228-237 Integer programming formulations for the multi-depot vehicle routing problem: Comments on a paper by Kulkarni and Bhave
by Laporte, Gilbert
- 238-241 A hybrid method for solving nonlinear knapsack problems
by Korner, Frank
- 242-254 The knapsack problem with generalized upper bounds
by Elmaghraby, Salah E.
- 255-258 Time-cost tradeoff in a three dimensional assignment problem
by Geetha, S. & Vartak, M. N.
1989, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 1-261 Editorial
by Mercer, Alan & Tilanus, Bernhard & Zimmermann, Hans-Jurgen
- 2-13 Joint replenishment inventory control: Deterministic and stochastic models
by Goyal, Suresh K. & Satir, Ahmet T.
- 14-26 Plant location and vehicle routing in the Malaysian rubber smallholder sector: A case study
by Nambiar, Jay M. & Gelders, Ludo F. & Van Wassenhove, Luk N.
- 27-34 A set covering approach to metallurgical grade assignment
by Vasko, Francis J. & Wolf, Floyd E. & Stott, Kenneth L.
- 35-43 Diagnostics design: A product support strategy
by Hegde, G. G. & Kubat, Peter
- 44-55 Practical approximations for finite-buffer queueing models with batch arrivals
by Nobel, R. D.
- 56-62 Optimizing single hole mine cuts by dynamic programming
by Gershon, Mark E. & Murphy, Frederic H.
- 63-69 Sensitivity analysis in multiple objective linear programming: The tolerance approach
by Hansen, Pierre & Labbe, Martine & Wendell, Richard E.
- 70-75 Triangle inequality and symmetry in connection with the assignment and the traveling salesman problem
by Jeromin, Bernd & Korner, Frank
- 76-85 A network relaxation based enumeration algorithm for set partitioning
by Ali, Agha Iqbal & Thiagarajan, Hemalatha
- 86-93 Using martingales to make stochastic simulations more precise
by Ashford, R. W. & Beale, E. M. L.
- 94-97 Group centre and group median of a network
by Gupta, S. K. & Punnen, A. P.
- 98-103 Minimizing wood raw material cost in cabinet manufacturing
by Lenoir, Clinton H. & Carino, Honorio F.
- 104-112 A dynamic programming based heuristic for industrial buying of cardboard
by Gochet, Willy & Vandebroek, Martina
- 113-116 Research pertaining to the development of operations research: The case of Turkey
by Kara, Imdat
1988, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 303-317 New trends in machine scheduling
by Blazewicz, J. & Finke, G. & Haupt, R. & Schmidt, G.
- 318-324 Solving many linear programs that differ only in the righthand side
by Haugland, Dag & Wallace, Stein W.
- 325-327 The OR worker in practice
by Fortuin, Leonard & Korsten, Antonius T. M.
- 328-335 A shadow price in integer programming for management decision
by Kim, Sehun & Cho, Seong-cheol
- 336-346 Controlled alternative activity networks for project management
by Golenko-Ginzburg, Dmitri
- 347-354 Delphic hierarchy process (DHP): A methodology for priority setting derived from the Delphi method and analytical hierarchy process
by Khorramshahgol, Reza & Moustakis, Vassilis S.
- 355-362 Deriving weights from pairwise comparison ratio matrices: An axiomatic approach
by Cook, Wade D. & Kress, Moshe
- 363-367 Axiomatic considerations in multi-objective location theory
by Buhl, Hans Ulrich
- 368-377 Planning horizons for multi-item hierarchical production scheduling problems: A heuristic search procedure
by Chung, Chen-Hua & Chen, In-Jazz & Cheng, George L. Y.
- 378-383 A class of balanced allocation problems
by Raghavachari, M. & Vani, Vina
- 384-397 A heuristic method for the multi-story layout problem
by Kaku, Bharat K. & Thompson, Gerald L. & Baybars, Ilker
- 398-408 An application of time series methods to financial guarantee insurance
by Rantala, Jukka & Hietikko, Harri
- 409-408 On "transient solutions for some exhaustive M/G/1 queues with generalized independent vacations" by D.L. Minh
by Loris-Teghem, Jacqueline
1988, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 149-157 Building models of values
by Keeney, Ralph L.
- 158-164 A factorial investigation of methods of stimulating response to a mail survey
by Jobber, David & Birro, Karl & Sanderson, Stuart M.
- 165-175 A multiple criteria model for pricing alcoholic beverages
by Korhonen, Pekka & Soismaa, Margareta
- 176-186 Equilibrium traffic assignment for large scale transit networks
by Nguyen, S. & Pallottino, S.
- 187-193 Quantitative methods in the field: Two case studies
by Fortuin, Leonard & Korsten, Antonius T. M.
- 194-203 Periodical replacement problem without assuming minimal repair
by Kijima, Masaaki & Morimura, Hidenori & Suzuki, Yasusuke
- 204-213 Vehicle routing considerations in distribution system design
by Bookbinder, James H. & Reece, Kathleen E.
- 214-226 Approximate analysis of production systems
by Koster, M. B. M. de
- 227-235 On the two-phase method for preemptive scheduling
by de Werra, D.
- 236-249 An inexact algorithm for the sequential ordering problem
by Escudero, L. F.
- 250-253 An alternative proof of optimality for the common due-date assignment problem
by Cheng, T. C. E.
- 254-271 Modeling the interrelationship between downtimes and uptimes of CNC machines
by Gupta, Yash P. & Somers, Toni M. & Grau, Lea
- 272-287 Analysis of the stationary Ek/C2/s queueing system
by Bertsimas, Dimitris J. & Papaconstantinou, Xenophon A.
1988, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-7 Fourth EURO Summer Institute: Editorial
by Krarup, Jakob & Pruzan, Peter
- 8-33 The systems sciences: What are they? are they one, or many?
by Troncale, Len
- 34-41 Systemic OR and operational systems science
by Pruzan, Peter
- 42-57 The theory of self-organization and modelling complex urban systems
by Engelen, Guy
- 58-72 Models for petroleum field exploitation
by Haugland, Dag & Hallefjord, Asa & Asheim, Harald
- 73-82 Assessing the need for decision support systems
by Holt, John
- 83-91 Towards the planning of actions in complex environments
by Leysen, J.
- 92-99 A decision support simulation model for design of fast patrol boats
by Kvaale, H.
- 100-110 Expert systems approach to decision support
by Ligeza, Antoni
- 111-119 Poverty equilibrium--An introductory systemic analysis
by Cesar das Neves, Joao
- 120-126 Structure and logic in knowledge-based representations of systems simulation models
by Rodrigues, Antonio J. L.
- 127-135 A heuristic for scheduling problems, especially for scheduling farm operations
by Wijngaard, Peter J. M.
1988, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 285-296 Further remarks on queueing network theory
by Kiessler, Peter C. & Disney, Ralph L.
- 297-310 Sequential analysis of organization design: A model and a case of Japanese firms
by Takahashi, Nobuo
- 311-321 An outranking method under uncertainty
by D'Avignon, G. R. & Vincke, Ph.
- 322-333 The value of information in competitive bidding
by Chatterjee, Kalyan & Harrison, Terry P.
- 334-338 Minimum values over the efficient set in multiple objective decision making
by Reeves, Gary R. & Reid, Randall C.
- 339-345 Proper efficiency in a linear fractional vector maximum problem with generalized convex constraints
by Gulati, T. R. & Islam, M. A.
- 346-352 Optimal level of diagnostics in distributed communication systems
by Kubat, Peter
- 353-359 Bounds on penalties for dummy arcs in transportation networks
by Sherali, Hanif D.
- 360-370 Antithetic-variate splitting for steady-sate simulations
by Nelson, Barry L.
- 371-378 Asymmetric mixtures and catastrophes
by Brus, Tomek
- 379-392 Divergence of choices despite similarity of characteristics: An application of catastrophe theory
by Bonanno, Giacomo & Christopher Zeeman, E.
- 393-401 Realization probability in multi-class closed queuing networks
by Cao, Xi-Ren
- 402-409 Semilocal pseudolinearity and efficiency
by Kaul, R. N. & Lyall, Vinod & Kaur, Surjeet
- 410-415 Daily production planning in fish processing firms
by Jensson, Pall
1988, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 143-152 Operational research and financial management
by Ashford, Robert W. & Berry, Robert H. & Dyson, Robert G.
- 153-166 Long term planning of a major national sector using a linear programming model
by Kuru, Selahattin
- 167-173 Optimizing the performance of a blood analyser: Application of the set partitioning problem
by Nawijn, W. M.
- 174-179 Sensitivity of continuous review stochastic (s, S) inventory systems to ordering delays
by Weiss, Howard J.
- 180-185 Separate vs. joint replenishment policies with maximum storage requirement costs
by Hall, Nicholas G.
- 186-196 Entropy, spatial interaction models and discrete choice analysis: Static and dynamic analogies
by Nijkamp, Peter & Reggiani, Aura
- 197-201 Transient solutions for some exhaustive M/G/1 queues with generalized independent vacations
by Minh, Do Le
- 202-206 A revised bound improvement sequence algorithm
by Barcia, Paulo & Holm, Soren
- 207-216 On consecutive-k-out-of-n: F systems
by Chan, Fung-Yee & Chan, Lai K. & Lin, Gwo Dong
- 217-226 A bi-criteria heuristic for the vehicle routing problem with time windows
by Van Landeghem, H. R. G.
- 227-240 Congested network flows: Time-varying demands and start-time policies
by Carey, Malachy & Srinivasan, Ashok
- 241-250 Minisum location of a travelling salesman on simple networks
by Berman, O. & Simchi-Levi, D.
- 251-253 On estimating road distances by mathematical functions
by Love, Robert F. & Morris, James G.
- 254-255 On estimating road distances by mathematical functions--A rejoinder
by Berens, Wolfgang & Korling, Franz-Josef
- 256-265 Weighting factor extensions for finite multiple objective vector minimization problems
by White, D. J.
- 266-267 A note on "weighting factor extensions for finite multiple objective vector minimization problems", by D.J. White
by Scherer, William T.
1988, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-13 Cognitive mapping
by Eden, Colin
- 14-26 Generalized transitivity and preferences modelling: The concept of Hyper-Order
by Valadares Tavares, L.
- 27-35 Judgemental modelling based on geometric least square
by Islei, G. & Lockett, A. G.
- 36-49 Preference ranking global frequencies in multicriterion analysis ()
by Matarazzo, Benedetto
- 50-65 : An analytical procedure for generating optimal new product concepts for a differentiated-type strategy
by Sudharshan, D. & May, Jerrold H. & Gruca, Thomas
- 66-77 Interval uneffectiveness distribution for a k-out-of-n multistate reliability system with repair
by van der Heijden, M. C. & Schornagel, A.
- 78-84 A fuzzy set approach to financial ratio analysis
by Gutierrez, Isabel & Carmona, Salvador
- 85-91 On equivalence of two optimization methods for fuzzy discrete programming problems
by Kolodziejczyk, Waldemar
- 92-100 A comparative study of several semi-infinite nonlinear programming algorithms
by Tanaka, Yoshihiro & Fukushima, Masao & Ibaraki, Toshihide
- 101-106 An improved general Phase-I method in linear programming
by Belling-Seib, Katharina
- 107-115 The equal flow problem
by Ali, Agha Iqbal & Kennington, Jeff & Shetty, Bala
- 116-121 A simplification for some disjunctive formulations
by Jeroslow, Robert G.
- 122-128 An enumerative method for the solution of linear complementarity problems
by Judice, J. J. & Mitra, G.
1988, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 301-320 System dynamics and microworlds for policymakers
by Morecroft, John D. W.
- 321-327 Linear programming on a micro computer: An application in refinery modelling
by Uhlmann, Alexandra
- 328-338 The nozzle guide vane problem: Partitioning a heterogeneous inventory
by Balakrishnan, Anantaram & Plante, Robert & Wong, Richard
- 339-349 Selecting transfer station locations for large solid waste systems
by Kirca, Omer & Erkip, Nesim
- 350-364 A computational model for solid waste management with application
by Gottinger, Hans W.
- 365-377 Multiobjective mathematical programming models for acid rain control
by Ellis, J. Hugh
- 378-381 Balancing hydraulic turbine runners: A quadratic assignment problem
by Laporte, Gilbert & Mercure, Helene
- 382-392 Analysis of a conveyor queue in a flexible manufacturing system
by Coffman, E. G. & Gelenbe, E. & Gilbert, E. N.
- 393-400 Modelling and scheduling a batch-type production on identical machines
by Sawik, T. J.