European Journal of Operational Research
April 1994, Volume 74, Issue 2
- 310-324 The theory of geometric stable distributions and its use in modeling financial data
by Kozubowski, Tomasz J. & Rachev, Svetlozar T.
- 325-343 The diversification of currency loans: A comparison between safety-first and mean-variance criteria
by Seppala, Juha
- 344-349 The economic explanation of the strategy of a self financing firm during the recession period
by Verheyen, Piet A.
- 350-358 Evaluating probabilistic forecasts of stock prices in a developing stock market
by Onkal, Dilek & Muradoglu, Gulnur
- 359-377 The economic value of stock and call options on the Swedish financial market
by Ostermark, Ralf & Aaltonen, Jaana
April 1994, Volume 74, Issue 1
- 1-17 Equity measurement in facility location analysis: A review and framework
by Marsh, Michael T. & Schilling, David A.
- 18-49 Multiproduct integrated production--distribution systems
by Pyke, David F. & Cohen, Morris A.
- 50-60 Valuing fixed price supply contracts
by Kamrad, Bardia & Ritchken, Peter
- 61-69 Measuring dynamic efficiency under risk aversion
by Sengupta, Jati K.
- 70-77 An insight into dynamic channel assignment in cellular mobile communications systems
by Johri, Pravin K.
- 78-85 A stochastic dominance analysis of ranked voting systems with scoring
by Stein, William E. & Mizzi, Philip J. & Pfaffenberger, Roger C.
- 86-94 A multi-echelon queueing model with dynamic priority scheduling
by Gupta, Amit & Webster, Scott
- 95-110 A decomposition approximation for finite-buffered flow lines of exponential queues
by Springer, Mark C.
- 111-119 Scheduling jobs to minimize total cost
by Chen, Y. L.
- 120-127 Scheduling jobs with release times on a machine with finite storage
by Nawijn, W. M. & Kern, W. & Baas, S.
- 128-134 A note on worst-case analysis of approximation algorithms for a scheduling problem
by Nowicki, Eugeniusz & Smutnicki, Czeslaw
- 135-142 A search strategy for the one-size assortment problem
by Yanasse, Horacio Hideki
- 143-151 Value considerations in three-dimensional packing -- A heuristic procedure using the fractional knapsack problem
by Mohanty, Bidhu B. & Mathur, Kamlesh & Ivancic, Nancy J.
- 152-160 Decomposition method application to a large scale linear programming WIP projection model
by Kim, Jong Soo & Leachman, Robert C.
- 161-169 A computational analysis of the Auction algorithm
by Schwartz, B. L.
- 170-178 An approximate algorithm for nonlinear integer programming
by Vassilev, Vassil & Genova, Krassimira
- 179-187 Stability in multiobjective possibilistic linear programs
by Fuller, Robert & Fedrizzi, Mario
- 188-195 An ordered independence system and its applications to scheduling problems
by Lin, Yixun
March 1994, Volume 73, Issue 3
- 407-422 Review of delay-time OR modelling of engineering aspects of maintenance
by Baker, R. D. & Christer, A. H.
- 423-429 A generalized oil exploration problem
by Benkherouf, Lakdere
- 430-442 An information-economics approach to quality control attribute sampling
by Ronen, Boaz
- 443-449 Weighted matching with vertex weights: An application to scheduling training sessions in NASA space shuttle cockpit simulators
by Bell, Colin E.
- 450-457 The case for research in decision support systems
by Syam, Sid S. & Courtney, James F.
- 458-464 Determination of reorder points for spare parts in a two-echelon inventory system: The case of non identical maintenance facilities
by Shtub, Avraham & Simon, Moti
- 465-471 Ordering policies for the cyclical replenishment problem given leadtime-dependent discounts
by Matta, Khalil F.
- 472-479 Maximal wearing-out of a deteriorating system: An optimal stopping approach
by Stadje, W.
- 480-486 An adaptive statistical method for the discriminant problem
by Markowski, Carol A.
- 487-494 Efficiency improvement in data envelopment analysis
by Kao, Chiang
- 495-501 Solution procedures for cutting lumber into furniture parts
by Carnieri, Celso & Mendoza, Guillermo A. & Gavinho, Luciano G.
- 502-509 On tabu search for the location of interacting hub facilities
by Skorin-Kapov, Darko & Skorin-Kapov, Jadranka
- 510-516 Weights improvement in column aggregation
by Storoy, Sverre
- 517-523 Strong linear programming relaxations for the orienteering problem
by Leifer, Adrienne C. & Rosenwein, Moshe B.
- 524-531 Controlled dual perturbations for central path trajectories in geometric programming
by Zhu, J. & Kortanek, K. O. & Huang, S.
- 532-538 An algorithm for decomposing the parametric space in multiobjective dynamic programming problems
by Abo-Sinna, Mahmoud A. & Hussein, Mohammad L.
- 539-546 Obtaining clique, cover and coefficient reduction inequalities as Chvatal-Gomory inequalities and Gomory fractional cuts
by Dietrich, B. L. & Escudero, L. F.
- 547-554 Derivation of duality in mathematical programming and optimization theory
by Johri, Pravin K.
- 555-561 A multi-KP modeling for the maximum-clique problem
by Della Croce, Federico & Tadei, Roberto
- 562-568 The three-dimensional bottleneck assignment problem with capacity constraints
by Geetha, S. & Vartak, M. N.
- 569-576 Complexity of a class of nonlinear combinatorial problems related to their linear counterparts
by Sethi, Suresh P. & Kubiak, Wieslaw
- 577-582 Pseudo-invexity and symmetric duality in nonlinear fractional programming
by Nanda, S. & Das, L. N.
- 583-589 On some classes of matrices related to solving linear complementarity problems as linear programs
by Foul, Abdelaziz
- 590-596 A global approach for general 0-1 fractional programming
by Li, Han-Lin
March 1994, Volume 73, Issue 2
- 205-208 EJOR special issue on stochastic control theory and operational research
by Neck, Reinhard
- 209-225 Applicable stochastic control: From theory to practice
by Tapiero, Charles S.
- 226-236 Optimum design of measurement channels and control policies for linear-quadratic stochastic systems
by Basar, Tamer & Bansal, Rajesh
- 237-251 Boundedly optimal control of piecewise deterministic systems
by Haurie, A. & Leizarowitz, A. & van Delft, Ch.
- 252-264 Some comments on a simple nonlinear filter with application to adaptive control
by Christopeit, N.
- 265-278 Modeling economic time series by forward and backward state space innovation models and IV estimators
by Aoki, Masanao
- 279-294 On polychotomous search problems
by Hinderer, Karl & Stieglitz, Michael
- 295-303 Risk-sensitivity, large deviations and stochastic control
by Whittle, P.
- 304-318 Stochastic and robust control of nonlinear economic systems
by Rustem, Berc
- 319-330 On the complexity of linear quadratic control
by Norman, Alfred Lorn
- 331-345 Optimal feedback production planning in a stochastic two-machine flowshop
by Lou, S. & Sethi, S. P. & Zhang, Q.
- 346-359 Aggregate production planning by stochastic control
by Shen, Randolph F. C.
- 360-373 The stochastic dynamic product cycling problem
by Karmarkar, Uday S. & Yoo, Jinsung
- 374-383 A dynamic model of the firm with uncertain earnings and adjustment costs
by Kort, Peter M.
- 384-405 Stochastic optimum control of macroeconometric models using the algorithm OPTCON
by Neck, Reinhard & Matulka, Josef
February 1994, Volume 73, Issue 1
- 1-16 Models for the optimization of regional wastewater treatment systems
by de Melo, Joao Joanaz & Camara, Antonio S.
- 17-22 A goal programming approach to investment decisions: A case study of fund allocation among different shopping malls
by Khorramshahgol, Reza & Okoruwa, A. Ason
- 23-26 On operational research and decision aid
by Roy, Bernard
- 27-32 A note on the predictability of Finnish stock market returns: Evidence from stock index futures markets
by Martikainen, Teppo & Puttonen, Vesa
- 33-38 The short-run shutdown decision when output price and initial wealth are random
by Sproule, R. A.
- 39-43 A compromise solution for claims problems
by Lahiri, Somdeb
- 44-49 The value of a firm with periodically changing profitability
by Ghezzi, Luca Luigi
- 50-54 EOQ models with general demand and holding cost functions
by Goh, M.
- 55-64 Determining optimal pool size of a temporary call-in work force
by Berman, Oded & Larson, Richard C.
- 65-69 A parts selection model with one-way substitution
by Chand, Suresh & Ward, James E. & Kevin Weng, Z.
- 70-75 Multivariate multiple linear regression based on the minimum sum of absolute errors criterion
by Narula, Subhash C. & Korhonen, Pekka J.
- 76-84 Decision making by classical test procedures using an optimal level of significance
by Das, C.
- 85-94 Combining regression diagnostics with simulation metamodels
by Panis, Renato P. & Myers, Raymond H. & Houck, Ernest C.
- 95-102 Simultaneous determination of capacities and load in parallel M/M/1 queues
by Lee, Heeseok
- 103-113 Practical methods for queue length behaviour for bulk service queues of the form M/G0,C/1 and M(t)/G0,C/1
by Mejia-Tellez, Juan & Worthington, David
- 114-126 The median tour and maximal covering tour problems: Formulations and heuristics
by Current, John R. & Schilling, David A.
- 127-131 An approximation algorithm for the license and shift class design problem
by Jansen, Klaus
- 132-138 Discharge allocation for hydro-electric generating stations
by Klein, E. M. & Sim, S. H.
- 139-143 Some results concerning post-infeasibility analysis
by Chakravarti, Nilotpal
- 144-149 A note on deriving weights from pairwise comparison ratio matrices
by Hashimoto, Akihiro
- 150-163 Constructing the set of efficient objective values in linear multiple objective transportation problems
by Gallagher, Richard J. & Saleh, Ossama A.
- 164-166 Characterizing an optimal solution to the linear bilevel programming problem
by Liu, Yi-Hsin & Hart, Stephen M.
- 167-168 On the Dietrich-Escudero approach for solving the 0-1 knapsack problem with a 0-1 objective function
by Escudero, L. F. & Perez, G. & Garin, A.
- 169-171 A computational note on the Martello-Toth knapsack algorithm
by Vasko, Francis J.
- 172-174 The Newton direction and the cutting plane
by Gaudioso, M. & Monaco, M. F.
- 175-180 On the generalized 2-peripatetic salesman problem
by De Kort, J. B. J. M. & Volgenant, A.
- 181-184 An experimental comparison of three heuristics for the WVCP
by Laursen, Per. S.
- 185-187 Comment on elmaghraby and herroelen's "The scheduling of activities to maximize the net present value of projects"
by Sepil, Canan
- 188-191 A computational improvement for a shortest paths ranking algorithm
by de Azevedo, JoseAugusto & Silvestre Madeira, Joaquim Joao E. R. & Vieira Martins, Ernesto Q. & Pires, Filipe Manuel A.
- 192-198 A linear time algorithm to solve the weighted perfect domination problem in series-parallel graphs
by Yen, Chain-Chin & Lee, R. C. T.
- 199-204 The growth of multi-constraint random knapsacks with various right-hand sides of the constraints
by Szkatula, Krzysztof
February 1994, Volume 72, Issue 3
- 443-459 Rough set approach to multi-attribute decision analysis
by Pawlak, Zdzisaw & Sowinski, Roman
- 460-468 Blending modelling in a process manufacturing: A case study
by Ashayeri, J. & van Eijs, A. G. M. & Nederstigt, P.
- 469-484 The process of multiattribute decision making: A case study of selecting applicants for a Ph.D. program
by Davey, Anne & Olson, David & Wallenius, Jyrki
- 485-502 A dynamic model of manufacturing quality's effect on optimal advertising and pricing policies
by Narasimhan, Ram & Ghosh, Soumen
- 503-517 Coordination of production and distribution planning
by Chandra, Pankaj & Fisher, Marshall L.
- 518-528 Energy planning under import restrictions
by Guven, Caglar
- 529-544 Batch-scheduling problems to minimize actual flow times of parts through the shop under JIT environment
by Halim, Abdul Hakim & Miyazaki, Shigeji & Ohta, Hiroshi
- 545-557 Capacitated lot sizing under setup learning
by Pratsini, Eleni & Camm, Jeffrey D. & Raturi, Amitabh S.
- 558-573 Performance approximation of pick-to-belt orderpicking systems
by de Koster, Rene
- 574-587 Nonlinear integer bilevel programming
by Jan, Rong-Hong & Chern, Maw-Sheng
- 588-597 A graph approximation heuristic for the vertex cover problem on planar graphs
by Meek, D. L. & Gary Parker, R.
- 598-601 Homogeneity and clustering in AHP ensures the validity of the scale
by Saaty, Thomas L.
- 602-606 Modelling location and sizing of offshore platforms
by Hansen, Pierre & de Luna Pedrosa Filho, Eugenio & Carneiro Ribeiro, Celso
- 607-609 The multi-level uncapacitated facility location problem is not submodular
by Barros, A. I. & Labbe, M.
January 1994, Volume 72, Issue 2
- 213-609 Editorial
by Hurlimann, Tony & Editor, Guest
- 214-242 SYMMS: A model management system that supports model reuse, sharing, and integration
by Muhanna, Waleed A.
- 243-261 Issues in the design of modeling languages for mathematical programming
by Maturana, Sergio V.
- 262-276 Tools for reformulating logical forms into zero-one mixed integer programs
by Mitra, G. & Lucas, C. & Moody, S. & Hadjiconstantinou, E.
- 277-286 gLPS: A graphical tool for the definition and manipulation of linear problems
by Collaud, Gerald & Pasquier-Boltuck, Jacques
- 287-299 A tool for network modeling
by Forster, M. & Mevert, P.
- 300-311 Syntax-directed report writing in linear programming using ANALYZE
by Greenberg, Harvey J.
- 312-322 MOPS -- Mathematical optimization system
by Suhl, Uwe H.
- 323-332 Simulation for planning services for patients with coronary artery disease
by Davies, R.
- 333-349 Effect of quality loss functions on the economic design of process control charts
by Moskowitz, Herbert & Plante, Robert & Hak Chun, Young
- 350-363 An algorithm for computing the economically optimal -control chart for a process with multiple assignable causes
by Chung, Kun-Jen
- 364-375 Polynomial metamodelling and Taguchi designs in simulation with application to the maintenance float system
by Kuei, Chu-Hua & Madu, Christian N.
- 376-386 The relaxation time heuristic for the initial transient problem in M/M/k queueing systems
by Roth, Emily
- 387-405 Integer programming formulations of discrete hub location problems
by Campbell, James F.
- 406-416 A comparative study of computational procedures for the resource constrained project scheduling problem
by Oguz, Osman & Bala, Hasan
- 417-431 An interactive procedure using domination cones for bicriterion shortest path problems
by Murthy, Ishwar & Olson, David L.
- 432-442 The p maximal cover - p partial center problem on networks
by Berman, Oded
January 1994, Volume 72, Issue 1
- 1-3 Style and principles
by Mercer, Alan & Bernhard Tilanus, C. & Zimmermann, Hans-Jurgen
- 4-22 Second order mathematical programming formulations for discriminant analysis
by Silva, Antonio Pedro Duarte & Stam, Antonie
- 23-28 On the performance of linear programming heuristics applied on a quadratic transformation in the classification problem
by Banks, William J. & Abad, Prakash L.
- 29-31 A comment regarding polynomial discriminant functions
by Rubin, P. A.
- 32-42 Engineering applications of operations research
by Levary, Reuven R.
- 43-51 Evaluation of junior colleges of technology: The Taiwan case
by Kao, Chiang
- 52-61 Optimal prices and order quantities when temporary price discounts result in increase in demand
by Ardalan, Alireza
- 62-73 Studying the effects of production loss due to setup in dynamic production scheduling
by de Matta, Renato & Guignard, Monique
- 74-81 An approximation algorithm for a single-machine scheduling problem with release times, delivery times and controllable processing times
by Nowicki, Eugeniusz
- 82-101 Study of a NP-hard cyclic scheduling problem: The recurrent job-shop
by Hanen, Claire
- 102-114 Comparative performance analysis of priority rules in a constrained flow shop with multiple processors environment
by Hunsucker, J. L. & Shah, J. R.
- 115-124 An exact algorithm for multiple depot bus scheduling
by Forbes, M. A. & Holt, J. N. & Watts, A. M.
- 125-134 A polynomial algorithm for the [n/m/0, tij = 1, tree/Cmax] open shop problem
by Brasel, H. & Kluge, D. & Werner, F.
- 135-145 A methodology for solvng multi-objective simulation-optimization problems
by Teleb, Radi & Azadivar, Farhad
- 155-166 An active constraints Newton algorithm for the spatial price equilibrium problem
by Drissi-Kaitouni, Omar & Florian, Michael
- 167-174 A set partitioning heuristic for the generalized assignment problem
by Cattrysse, Dirk. G. & Salomon, Marc & Van Wassenhove, Luk N.
- 175-191 Aggregation and decomposition for multi-divisional linear programs
by Jornsten, Kurt & Leisten, Rainer
- 192-199 On the efficient point set of tricriteria linear programs
by Fruhwirth, Bernd & Mekelburg, Karsten
- 200-203 An alternative explanation of disjunctive formulations
by Williams, H. P.
- 204-206 Considering offshore production platforms
by Rosing, K. E.
- 207-208 Understanding the competitive process : A guide to effective intervention in the small firms sector -- a comment
by Hamilton, R. T.
- 209-210 Understanding the competitive process : A guide to effective intervention in the small firms sector -- a comment
by Hamilton, R. T.
December 1993, Volume 71, Issue 3
- 325-333 Ship scheduling: The last decade
by Ronen, David
- 334-340 Optimal scheduling of a hydro thermal power generation system
by Oliveira, P. & McKee, S. & Coles, C.
- 341-352 A multiple criteria model for new telecommunication service planning
by Antunes, Carlos Henggeler & Craveirinha, JoseF. & Climaco, Joao N.
- 353-365 Operating a flexible assembly line: To control the bottleneck
by Pourbabai, Behnam
- 366-378 Openshops with jobs overlap
by Wagneur, E. & Sriskandarajah, C.
- 379-397 A goal-programming method of stochastic allocative data envelopment analysis
by Retzlaff-Roberts, Donna L. & Morey, Richard C.
- 398-418 A model management solution system for multicommodity network flows
by Lari, Ali Reza & Nag, Barin N.
- 419-438 Dynamic equilibria in transport systems
by Sever, Vital
- 439-453 Equilibria in a stochastic resource management game under imperfect information
by Kaitala, Veijo
- 454-462 Conditions for government support of private research and development
by Brockhoff, Klaus & Warschkow, Kai
December 1993, Volume 71, Issue 2
- 151-153 Seventh EURO summer Institute
by Bianco, Lucio & Bielli, Maurizio & Speranza, Maria Grazia
- 154-176 A unified description of iterative algorithms for traffic equilibria
by Patriksson, Michael
- 177-187 The existence of equivalent mathematical programs for certain mixed equilibrium traffic assignment problems
by Bennett, Lloyd D.
- 188-204 A variational inequality formulation of the Dynamic Traffic Assignment Problem
by Drissi-Kaitouni, Omar
- 205-221 Cost versus time equilibrium over a network
by Leurent, Fabien
- 222-234 Individual controlled junctions: Optimal design
by Bruno, Giuseppe & Improta, Gennaro
- 235-246 Hierarchical dispatching control of urban traffic systems
by Gegov, Alexander E.
- 247-256 Knowledge-based system for the completion of traffic data
by Kirschfink, Heribert
- 257-268 Investment planning for urban roads
by Christiansen, Marielle
- 269-287 A stochastic user equilibrium assignment model for the evaluation of parking policies
by Bifulco, Gennaro Nicola
- 288-302 A comparative analysis of different specifications of modal choice models in an urban area
by Postorino, Maria Nadia
- 303-316 State space relaxation for set covering problems related to bus driver scheduling
by Paias, Ana & Paixao, J.
- 317-323 Integrated optimal flow control in traffic networks
by Moreno Banos, Juan Carlos & Papageorgiou, Markos & Schaffner, Clemens
November 1993, Volume 71, Issue 1
- 1-16 Graph theoretical issues in computer networks
by Blazwicz, Jacek & Brzezinski, Jerzy & Gambosi, Giorgio
- 17-31 Analytical loading models in flexible manufacturing systems
by Kirkavak, Nureddin & Dincer, Cemal
- 32-44 Positioning of automated guided vehicles in a loop layout to improve response time
by Egbelu, Pius J.
- 45-60 Entropy of plagues: A measure for assessing the loss of social cohesion due to epidemics
by Carvalho-Rodrigues, F. & Dockery, J. & Rodrigues, T.
- 61-69 Implied constraints and a unified theory of duality in linear and nonlinear programming
by Johri, Pravin K.
- 70-79 Estimating the mean completion time of PERT networks with exponentially distributed durations of activities
by Magott, Jan & Skudlarski, Kamil
- 80-94 Selecting control variates to estimate multiresponse simulation metamodels
by de O. Porta Nova, Acacio M. & Wilson, James R.
- 95-109 Valid inequalities and projecting the multicommodity extended formulation for uncapacitated fixed charge network flow problems
by Rardin, Ronald L. & Wolsey, Laurence A.
- 110-119 Procurement of prescribed sizes: A Markovian approach
by Robb, David John
- 120-129 Hardware configuration for StarLAN 10 local area networks: An application of integer programming
by Rosenberg, Eric
- 130-132 The multi-level uncapacitated facility location problem is not submodular
by Barros, A. I. & Labbe, M.
November 1993, Volume 70, Issue 3
- 269-271 Editorial
by Gupta, J. N. D. & Potts, C. N.
- 272-288 On scheduling to minimize earliness-tardiness and batch delivery costs with a common due date
by Herrmann, Jeffrey W. & Lee, Chung-Yee
- 289-303 Minimizing flow time variance in a single machine system using genetic algorithms
by Gupta, Mahesh C. & Gupta, Yash P. & Kumar, Anup
- 304-310 A heuristic for the single machine tardiness problem
by Panwalkar, S. S. & Smith, M. L. & Koulamas, C. P.
- 311-315 A note on optimal assignment of slack due-dates in single-machine scheduling
by Gordon, V. S.
- 316-326 Algorithms for preemptive scheduling of different classes of processors to do jobs with fixed times
by Reddy Dondeti, V. & Emmons, Hamilton
- 327-334 A priority rule for minimizing weighted flow time in a class of parallel machine scheduling problems
by Webster, S. T.
- 335-341 Two parallel machine sequencing problems involving controllable job processing times
by Alidaee, Bahram & Ahmadian, Ahmad
- 342-349 An approximation algorithm for the m-machine permutation flow shop scheduling problem with controllable processing times
by Nowicki, Eugeniusz
- 350-364 The complexity of scheduling jobs in repetitive manufacturing systems
by Kamoun, H. & Sriskandarajah, C.
- 365-378 Performance of scheduling algorithms for no-wait flowshops with parallel machines
by Sriskandarajah, C.
- 379-390 Worst-case analysis of heuristics for open shops with parallel machines
by Chen, Bo & Strusevich, Vitaly A.
- 391-404 Two machine open shop scheduling problem to minimize an arbitrary machine usage regular penalty function
by Shakhlevich, N. V. & Strusevich, V. A.
- 405-424 On scheduling influential stochastic tasks on a single machine
by Glazebrook, K. D. & Greatrix, S.
- 425-431 Job selection and sequencing on a single machine in a random environment
by De, Prabuddha & Ghosh, Jay B. & Wells, Charles E.
- 432-435 Some remarks about the `equivalence' of performance measures in scheduling problems
by Gerchak, Yigal & Magazine, Michael J.
October 1993, Volume 70, Issue 2
- 135-149 Risk-value models
by Sarin, Rakesh K. & Weber, Martin
- 150-158 Planning and scheduling packaging lines in food industry
by Claassen, G. D. H. & van Beek, P.
- 159-166 Network planning for scheduling operations in air cargo handling: a tool in medium term goodsflow control
by Verwijmeren, M. A. A. P. & Tilanus, C. B.
- 167-176 A system dynamics model for AIDS policy support in Tanzania
by Heidenberger, Kurt & Flessa, Steffen