European Journal of Operational Research
1989, Volume 39, Issue 1
- 61-70 A unified approach for characterizing Pareto optimal solutions of multiobjective optimization problems: The hyperplane method
by Yano, Hitoshi & Sakawa, Masatoshi
- 71-78 Models and exact solutions for a class of stochastic location-routing problems
by Laporte, Gilbert & Louveaux, Francois & Mercure, Helene
- 79-95 Boltzmann machines for travelling salesman problems
by Aarts, Emile H. L. & Korst, Jan H. M.
- 96-102 Constrained spanning trees and the traveling salesman problem
by Leclerc, Matthias & Rendl, Franz
- 103-107 On the relation of max-flow to min-cut for generalized networks
by Simin Pulat, P.
- 108-107 Guide to simulation
by Schrage, Linus
- 108-109 Assign-Rank
by Metrick, Lee B. & Maybee, John D.
1989, Volume 38, Issue 3
- 269-273 Overcoming environmental turbulence
by Tomlinson, Rolfe C.
- 274-276 EURO Gold Medal 1986: A parable on two-level parallelism
by Krarup, Jakob
- 277-281 A short discussion of the OR crisis
by Hansen, Pierre
- 282-285 The future of operations research is bright
by Rinnooy Kan, Alexander H. G.
- 286-289 The OR contribution to strategy formulation in a turbulent environment
by Lesourne, Jacques
- 290-300 Making models matter -- Lessons from experience
by Lee, T. H.
- 301-306 Some experimental findings on decision making under risk and their implications
by Jaffray, J. Y.
- 307-317 New models of decision under uncertainty: An interpretative essay
by Munier, Bertrand
- 318-328 Option analysis: Making better decision faster
by Van Landeghem, Rik R. G.
- 329-349 Time preference and the life cycle: The logic of long-term high risk vs. short-term low risk
by Ayres, Robert U. & Mori, Shunsuke
- 350-357 Not forecasts but multiple scenarios when coping with uncertainties in the competitive environment
by Meristo, Tarja
- 358-368 Performance measurement in universities
by Higgins, J. C.
- 369-375 The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth
by Shutler, Maurice & Field, Ernest
1989, Volume 38, Issue 2
- 141-155 The APL phenomenon: An operational research perspective
by Sniedovich, Moshe
- 156-166 Survey of scheduling research involving due date determination decisions
by Cheng, T. C. E. & Gupta, M. C.
- 167-177 Optimization of the movements of a component placement machine
by Leipala, Timo & Nevalainen, Olli
- 178-183 Combat modeling with partial differential equations
by Protopopescu, V. & Santoro, R. T. & Dockery, J.
- 184-201 Closed two node priority queueing networks
by Rumsewicz, M. & Henderson, W.
- 202-207 On the non-homogeneous service system MX/G/[infinity]
by Chatterjee, U. & Mukherjee, S. P.
- 208-212 The assignment of minimum crews among bases in an airlift operation
by Hong, Jae-Dong & Jeya Chandra, M. & Cavalier, Tom M.
- 213-226 Vehicles scheduling with sliding time windows
by Ferland, Jacques A. & Fortin, Luc
- 227-226 A branch and bound algorithm to minimize the number of late jobs in a permutation flow-shop
by Hariri, A. M. A. & Potts, C. N.
- 228-237 Integer programming formulations for the multi-depot vehicle routing problem: Comments on a paper by Kulkarni and Bhave
by Laporte, Gilbert
- 238-241 A hybrid method for solving nonlinear knapsack problems
by Korner, Frank
- 242-254 The knapsack problem with generalized upper bounds
by Elmaghraby, Salah E.
- 255-258 Time-cost tradeoff in a three dimensional assignment problem
by Geetha, S. & Vartak, M. N.
1989, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 1-261 Editorial
by Mercer, Alan & Tilanus, Bernhard & Zimmermann, Hans-Jurgen
- 2-13 Joint replenishment inventory control: Deterministic and stochastic models
by Goyal, Suresh K. & Satir, Ahmet T.
- 14-26 Plant location and vehicle routing in the Malaysian rubber smallholder sector: A case study
by Nambiar, Jay M. & Gelders, Ludo F. & Van Wassenhove, Luk N.
- 27-34 A set covering approach to metallurgical grade assignment
by Vasko, Francis J. & Wolf, Floyd E. & Stott, Kenneth L.
- 35-43 Diagnostics design: A product support strategy
by Hegde, G. G. & Kubat, Peter
- 44-55 Practical approximations for finite-buffer queueing models with batch arrivals
by Nobel, R. D.
- 56-62 Optimizing single hole mine cuts by dynamic programming
by Gershon, Mark E. & Murphy, Frederic H.
- 63-69 Sensitivity analysis in multiple objective linear programming: The tolerance approach
by Hansen, Pierre & Labbe, Martine & Wendell, Richard E.
- 70-75 Triangle inequality and symmetry in connection with the assignment and the traveling salesman problem
by Jeromin, Bernd & Korner, Frank
- 76-85 A network relaxation based enumeration algorithm for set partitioning
by Ali, Agha Iqbal & Thiagarajan, Hemalatha
- 86-93 Using martingales to make stochastic simulations more precise
by Ashford, R. W. & Beale, E. M. L.
- 94-97 Group centre and group median of a network
by Gupta, S. K. & Punnen, A. P.
- 98-103 Minimizing wood raw material cost in cabinet manufacturing
by Lenoir, Clinton H. & Carino, Honorio F.
- 104-112 A dynamic programming based heuristic for industrial buying of cardboard
by Gochet, Willy & Vandebroek, Martina
- 113-116 Research pertaining to the development of operations research: The case of Turkey
by Kara, Imdat
1988, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 303-317 New trends in machine scheduling
by Blazewicz, J. & Finke, G. & Haupt, R. & Schmidt, G.
- 318-324 Solving many linear programs that differ only in the righthand side
by Haugland, Dag & Wallace, Stein W.
- 325-327 The OR worker in practice
by Fortuin, Leonard & Korsten, Antonius T. M.
- 328-335 A shadow price in integer programming for management decision
by Kim, Sehun & Cho, Seong-cheol
- 336-346 Controlled alternative activity networks for project management
by Golenko-Ginzburg, Dmitri
- 347-354 Delphic hierarchy process (DHP): A methodology for priority setting derived from the Delphi method and analytical hierarchy process
by Khorramshahgol, Reza & Moustakis, Vassilis S.
- 355-362 Deriving weights from pairwise comparison ratio matrices: An axiomatic approach
by Cook, Wade D. & Kress, Moshe
- 363-367 Axiomatic considerations in multi-objective location theory
by Buhl, Hans Ulrich
- 368-377 Planning horizons for multi-item hierarchical production scheduling problems: A heuristic search procedure
by Chung, Chen-Hua & Chen, In-Jazz & Cheng, George L. Y.
- 378-383 A class of balanced allocation problems
by Raghavachari, M. & Vani, Vina
- 384-397 A heuristic method for the multi-story layout problem
by Kaku, Bharat K. & Thompson, Gerald L. & Baybars, Ilker
- 398-408 An application of time series methods to financial guarantee insurance
by Rantala, Jukka & Hietikko, Harri
- 409-408 On "transient solutions for some exhaustive M/G/1 queues with generalized independent vacations" by D.L. Minh
by Loris-Teghem, Jacqueline
1988, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 149-157 Building models of values
by Keeney, Ralph L.
- 158-164 A factorial investigation of methods of stimulating response to a mail survey
by Jobber, David & Birro, Karl & Sanderson, Stuart M.
- 165-175 A multiple criteria model for pricing alcoholic beverages
by Korhonen, Pekka & Soismaa, Margareta
- 176-186 Equilibrium traffic assignment for large scale transit networks
by Nguyen, S. & Pallottino, S.
- 187-193 Quantitative methods in the field: Two case studies
by Fortuin, Leonard & Korsten, Antonius T. M.
- 194-203 Periodical replacement problem without assuming minimal repair
by Kijima, Masaaki & Morimura, Hidenori & Suzuki, Yasusuke
- 204-213 Vehicle routing considerations in distribution system design
by Bookbinder, James H. & Reece, Kathleen E.
- 214-226 Approximate analysis of production systems
by Koster, M. B. M. de
- 227-235 On the two-phase method for preemptive scheduling
by de Werra, D.
- 236-249 An inexact algorithm for the sequential ordering problem
by Escudero, L. F.
- 250-253 An alternative proof of optimality for the common due-date assignment problem
by Cheng, T. C. E.
- 254-271 Modeling the interrelationship between downtimes and uptimes of CNC machines
by Gupta, Yash P. & Somers, Toni M. & Grau, Lea
- 272-287 Analysis of the stationary Ek/C2/s queueing system
by Bertsimas, Dimitris J. & Papaconstantinou, Xenophon A.
1988, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-7 Fourth EURO Summer Institute: Editorial
by Krarup, Jakob & Pruzan, Peter
- 8-33 The systems sciences: What are they? are they one, or many?
by Troncale, Len
- 34-41 Systemic OR and operational systems science
by Pruzan, Peter
- 42-57 The theory of self-organization and modelling complex urban systems
by Engelen, Guy
- 58-72 Models for petroleum field exploitation
by Haugland, Dag & Hallefjord, Asa & Asheim, Harald
- 73-82 Assessing the need for decision support systems
by Holt, John
- 83-91 Towards the planning of actions in complex environments
by Leysen, J.
- 92-99 A decision support simulation model for design of fast patrol boats
by Kvaale, H.
- 100-110 Expert systems approach to decision support
by Ligeza, Antoni
- 111-119 Poverty equilibrium--An introductory systemic analysis
by Cesar das Neves, Joao
- 120-126 Structure and logic in knowledge-based representations of systems simulation models
by Rodrigues, Antonio J. L.
- 127-135 A heuristic for scheduling problems, especially for scheduling farm operations
by Wijngaard, Peter J. M.
1988, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 285-296 Further remarks on queueing network theory
by Kiessler, Peter C. & Disney, Ralph L.
- 297-310 Sequential analysis of organization design: A model and a case of Japanese firms
by Takahashi, Nobuo
- 311-321 An outranking method under uncertainty
by D'Avignon, G. R. & Vincke, Ph.
- 322-333 The value of information in competitive bidding
by Chatterjee, Kalyan & Harrison, Terry P.
- 334-338 Minimum values over the efficient set in multiple objective decision making
by Reeves, Gary R. & Reid, Randall C.
- 339-345 Proper efficiency in a linear fractional vector maximum problem with generalized convex constraints
by Gulati, T. R. & Islam, M. A.
- 346-352 Optimal level of diagnostics in distributed communication systems
by Kubat, Peter
- 353-359 Bounds on penalties for dummy arcs in transportation networks
by Sherali, Hanif D.
- 360-370 Antithetic-variate splitting for steady-sate simulations
by Nelson, Barry L.
- 371-378 Asymmetric mixtures and catastrophes
by Brus, Tomek
- 379-392 Divergence of choices despite similarity of characteristics: An application of catastrophe theory
by Bonanno, Giacomo & Christopher Zeeman, E.
- 393-401 Realization probability in multi-class closed queuing networks
by Cao, Xi-Ren
- 402-409 Semilocal pseudolinearity and efficiency
by Kaul, R. N. & Lyall, Vinod & Kaur, Surjeet
- 410-415 Daily production planning in fish processing firms
by Jensson, Pall
1988, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 143-152 Operational research and financial management
by Ashford, Robert W. & Berry, Robert H. & Dyson, Robert G.
- 153-166 Long term planning of a major national sector using a linear programming model
by Kuru, Selahattin
- 167-173 Optimizing the performance of a blood analyser: Application of the set partitioning problem
by Nawijn, W. M.
- 174-179 Sensitivity of continuous review stochastic (s, S) inventory systems to ordering delays
by Weiss, Howard J.
- 180-185 Separate vs. joint replenishment policies with maximum storage requirement costs
by Hall, Nicholas G.
- 186-196 Entropy, spatial interaction models and discrete choice analysis: Static and dynamic analogies
by Nijkamp, Peter & Reggiani, Aura
- 197-201 Transient solutions for some exhaustive M/G/1 queues with generalized independent vacations
by Minh, Do Le
- 202-206 A revised bound improvement sequence algorithm
by Barcia, Paulo & Holm, Soren
- 207-216 On consecutive-k-out-of-n: F systems
by Chan, Fung-Yee & Chan, Lai K. & Lin, Gwo Dong
- 217-226 A bi-criteria heuristic for the vehicle routing problem with time windows
by Van Landeghem, H. R. G.
- 227-240 Congested network flows: Time-varying demands and start-time policies
by Carey, Malachy & Srinivasan, Ashok
- 241-250 Minisum location of a travelling salesman on simple networks
by Berman, O. & Simchi-Levi, D.
- 251-253 On estimating road distances by mathematical functions
by Love, Robert F. & Morris, James G.
- 254-255 On estimating road distances by mathematical functions--A rejoinder
by Berens, Wolfgang & Korling, Franz-Josef
- 256-265 Weighting factor extensions for finite multiple objective vector minimization problems
by White, D. J.
- 266-267 A note on "weighting factor extensions for finite multiple objective vector minimization problems", by D.J. White
by Scherer, William T.
1988, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-13 Cognitive mapping
by Eden, Colin
- 14-26 Generalized transitivity and preferences modelling: The concept of Hyper-Order
by Valadares Tavares, L.
- 27-35 Judgemental modelling based on geometric least square
by Islei, G. & Lockett, A. G.
- 36-49 Preference ranking global frequencies in multicriterion analysis ()
by Matarazzo, Benedetto
- 50-65 : An analytical procedure for generating optimal new product concepts for a differentiated-type strategy
by Sudharshan, D. & May, Jerrold H. & Gruca, Thomas
- 66-77 Interval uneffectiveness distribution for a k-out-of-n multistate reliability system with repair
by van der Heijden, M. C. & Schornagel, A.
- 78-84 A fuzzy set approach to financial ratio analysis
by Gutierrez, Isabel & Carmona, Salvador
- 85-91 On equivalence of two optimization methods for fuzzy discrete programming problems
by Kolodziejczyk, Waldemar
- 92-100 A comparative study of several semi-infinite nonlinear programming algorithms
by Tanaka, Yoshihiro & Fukushima, Masao & Ibaraki, Toshihide
- 101-106 An improved general Phase-I method in linear programming
by Belling-Seib, Katharina
- 107-115 The equal flow problem
by Ali, Agha Iqbal & Kennington, Jeff & Shetty, Bala
- 116-121 A simplification for some disjunctive formulations
by Jeroslow, Robert G.
- 122-128 An enumerative method for the solution of linear complementarity problems
by Judice, J. J. & Mitra, G.
1988, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 301-320 System dynamics and microworlds for policymakers
by Morecroft, John D. W.
- 321-327 Linear programming on a micro computer: An application in refinery modelling
by Uhlmann, Alexandra
- 328-338 The nozzle guide vane problem: Partitioning a heterogeneous inventory
by Balakrishnan, Anantaram & Plante, Robert & Wong, Richard
- 339-349 Selecting transfer station locations for large solid waste systems
by Kirca, Omer & Erkip, Nesim
- 350-364 A computational model for solid waste management with application
by Gottinger, Hans W.
- 365-377 Multiobjective mathematical programming models for acid rain control
by Ellis, J. Hugh
- 378-381 Balancing hydraulic turbine runners: A quadratic assignment problem
by Laporte, Gilbert & Mercure, Helene
- 382-392 Analysis of a conveyor queue in a flexible manufacturing system
by Coffman, E. G. & Gelenbe, E. & Gilbert, E. N.
- 393-400 Modelling and scheduling a batch-type production on identical machines
by Sawik, T. J.
- 401-413 Regenerative pull (Kanban) production control policies
by Seidmann, Abraham
- 414-425 A transportation type aggregate production model with bounds on inventory and backordering
by Selcuk Erenguc, S. & Tufekci, Suleyman
- 426-441 Simultaneous and dynamic price, production, inventory and capacity decisions
by Gaimon, Cheryl
- 442-456 On the integer properties of scheduling set partitioning models
by Ryan, D. M. & Falkner, J. C.
1988, Volume 35, Issue 2
- 137-145 Perspectives on practical aspects of truck routing and scheduling
by Ronen, David
- 146-159 A comparison of LP software on personal computers for industrial applications
by Stadtler, Hartmut & Groeneveld, Maren & Hermannsen, Heidrun
- 160-164 A note on evaluating LP software for personal computers
by Ashford, R. W. & Daniel, R. C.
- 165-171 A mixed integer programming model for fertiliser policy evaluation
by Glen, J. J.
- 172-181 Safety stock determination with correlated demands and arbitrary lead times
by Fotopoulos, Stergios & Wang, Min-Chiang & Rao, S. Subba
- 182-186 Disaggregation under uncertainty in hierarchical production planning
by Ari, E. Aysen & Axsater, Sven
- 187-192 Analytical solution of closed-loop conveyor systems with discrete and deterministic material flow
by Bastani, Ali S.
- 193-200 A Lagrangean dual ascent algorithm for simple plant location problems
by Guignard, Monique
- 201-206 A fast feasibility test for relocation problems
by Kaplan, Edward H. & Amir, Amihood
- 207-215 Hierarchic Markov processes and their applications in replacement models
by Kristensen, Anders R.
- 216-227 Aggregation of constraints in integer programming
by Ram, Balasubramanian & Karwan, Mark H. & Babu, A. J. G.
- 228-241 A finite procedure to generate feasible points for the extreme point mathematical programming problem
by Fulop, Janos
- 242-254 A reoptimization algorithm for the shortest path problem with time windows
by Desrochers, Martin & Soumis, Francois
- 255-262 Optimal comprimising within a multicriterial conflict zone
by Ostermark, Ralf
- 263-270 Aspiration profile preserving compromising within a multicriterial conflict zone
by Ostermark, Ralf
- 271-277 A minimum variance of utility approach to ideal point estimation in certain biased groups
by Troutt, Marvin D.
- 278-285 A batch acceptance complement method for generating random variables
by Rubinstein, Reuven Y. & Kriemer, Joseph
1988, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 1-15 Optimal preventive maintenance scheduling of thermal generating units in power systems --A survey of problem formulations and solution methods
by Kralj, Branimir L. & Petrovic, Radivoj
- 16-29 Reduction of paradoxes in subjectively judged competitions
by Frederiksen, Jesper S. & Machol, Robert E.
- 30-44 -1: A disaggregate model of the U.S. electric utility industry
by Hillsman, Edward L. & Alvic, Donald R. & Church, Richard L.
- 45-58 A new approach for crew pairing problems by column generation with an application to air transportation
by Lavoie, Sylvie & Minoux, Michel & Odier, Edouard
- 59-70 Application of a search algorithm to stream assimilative capacity management
by Ong, S. L. & Adams, B. J.
- 71-79 An incremental discount pricing schedule with multiple customers and single price break
by Kim, Kap H. & Hwang, Hark
- 80-88 Bifurcations and chaos in a generic management model
by Rasmussen, Dan Rene & Mosekilde, Erik
- 89-97 Reliability concepts under the theory of evidence
by Delgado, M. & Moral, S.
- 98-110 Modeling of building evacuation problems by network flows with side constraints
by Choi, W. & Hamacher, H. W. & Tufekci, S.
- 111-117 Controlled dual perturbations for posynomial programs
by Fang, S. C. & Peterson, E. L. & Rajasekera, J. R.
- 118-123 A note on the m-center problem with rectilinear distances
by Aneja, Y. P. & Chandrasekaran, R. & Nair, K. P. K.
1988, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 249-261 PORTPLAN, decision support system for port terminals
by Van Hee, K. M. & Huitink, B. & Leegwater, D. K.
- 262-272 Decision support system for container terminal planning
by van Hee, K. M. & Wijbrands, R. J.
- 273-281 Trim-loss minimization in a crepe-rubber mill; optimal solution versus heuristic in the 2 (3) - dimensional case
by Schneider, W.
- 282-296 A simulation model for corporate planning in a steel plant
by Narchal, R. M.
- 297-307 Planning horizons for capacity expansion
by Udayabhanu, V. & Morton, T. E.
- 308-315 Preference ranking of discrete multiattribute instances
by Badran, Yahya
- 316-325 A `soft' measure of consensus in the setting of partial (fuzzy) preferences
by Kacprzyk, Janusz & Fedrizzi, Mario
- 326-335 Use of fuzzy relations in rule-based decision support systems for business planning problems
by Hruschka, Harald
- 336-344 The savings algorithm for the vehicle routing problem
by Paessens, H.
- 345-350 The reliability of a test procedure for identifying defective components
by Sim, S. H.
- 351-361 Approximate steady-state distribution for a large repairable item inventory system
by Albright, S. Christian & Soni, A.
- 362-371 Determination of the crop mix of a rubber and oil palm plantation--A programming approach
by Tan, Lee-Peng & Fong, Chan-Onn
- 372-383 A Lagrangian relaxation approach to solve the second phase of the exam scheduling problem
by Arani, Taghi & Karwan, Mark & Lofti, Vahid
- 384-392 A multicut algorithm for two-stage stochastic linear programs
by Birge, John R. & Louveaux, Francois V.
- 393-398 A parallel integer linear programming algorithm
by Boehning, Rochelle L. & Butler, Ralph M. & Gillett, Billy E.
- 399-402 A surrogate for linear programs with random requirements
by Grove, M. A.
- 403-404 Integer linear programming formulation for vehicle routing problems
by Brodie, G. R. & Waters, C. D. J.
- 405-410 OR in practice: Results of a survey in Greece
by Pappis, Costas P. & Nikitas, Grigoris D. & Patrikalakis, Giannis S.
1988, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 113-130 Expert systems for planning and scheduling manufacturing systems
by Kusiak, Andrew & Chen, Mingyuan
- 131-138 Forecasting demand for mail order catalogue lines during the season
by Chambers, M. L. & Eglese, R. W.
- 139-148 Income redistribution policies and decision support systems -- Problems and potentials
by Schwarz, Brita
- 149-151 Incorporating stochastic processes to overcome unmanageable decision trees
by Pliskin, Nava
- 152-159 A visual reference direction approach to solving discrete multiple criteria problems
by Korhonen, Pekka
- 160-170 A multi-period, multiple criteria optimization system for manpower planning
by Silverman, Joe & Steuer, Ralph E. & Whisman, Alan W.
- 171-177 in continuous time
by Luhmer, Alfred & Steindl, Alois & Feichtinger, Gustav & Hartl, Richard & Sorger, Gerhard
- 178-190 A large-scale multilocation capacity planning model
by Klincewicz, John G. & Luss, Hanan & Yu, Chang-Sung
- 191-207 On upper bounds of sequential stochastic production planning problems
by Bitran, G. R. & Sarkar, D.
- 208-220 A two-machine flow shop scheduling problem with controllable job processing times
by Nowicki, Eugeniusz & Zdrzalka, Stanislaw
- 221-230 Single machine scheduling to minimize weighted earliness subject to no tardy jobs
by Chand, Suresh & Schneeberger, Hans
- 231-236 DB2 and DB2A: Two useful tools for constructing Hamiltonian circuits
by Brunacci, Francesco A.