European Journal of Operational Research
1988, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 363-367 Axiomatic considerations in multi-objective location theory
by Buhl, Hans Ulrich
- 368-377 Planning horizons for multi-item hierarchical production scheduling problems: A heuristic search procedure
by Chung, Chen-Hua & Chen, In-Jazz & Cheng, George L. Y.
- 378-383 A class of balanced allocation problems
by Raghavachari, M. & Vani, Vina
- 384-397 A heuristic method for the multi-story layout problem
by Kaku, Bharat K. & Thompson, Gerald L. & Baybars, Ilker
- 398-408 An application of time series methods to financial guarantee insurance
by Rantala, Jukka & Hietikko, Harri
- 409-408 On "transient solutions for some exhaustive M/G/1 queues with generalized independent vacations" by D.L. Minh
by Loris-Teghem, Jacqueline
1988, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 149-157 Building models of values
by Keeney, Ralph L.
- 158-164 A factorial investigation of methods of stimulating response to a mail survey
by Jobber, David & Birro, Karl & Sanderson, Stuart M.
- 165-175 A multiple criteria model for pricing alcoholic beverages
by Korhonen, Pekka & Soismaa, Margareta
- 176-186 Equilibrium traffic assignment for large scale transit networks
by Nguyen, S. & Pallottino, S.
- 187-193 Quantitative methods in the field: Two case studies
by Fortuin, Leonard & Korsten, Antonius T. M.
- 194-203 Periodical replacement problem without assuming minimal repair
by Kijima, Masaaki & Morimura, Hidenori & Suzuki, Yasusuke
- 204-213 Vehicle routing considerations in distribution system design
by Bookbinder, James H. & Reece, Kathleen E.
- 214-226 Approximate analysis of production systems
by Koster, M. B. M. de
- 227-235 On the two-phase method for preemptive scheduling
by de Werra, D.
- 236-249 An inexact algorithm for the sequential ordering problem
by Escudero, L. F.
- 250-253 An alternative proof of optimality for the common due-date assignment problem
by Cheng, T. C. E.
- 254-271 Modeling the interrelationship between downtimes and uptimes of CNC machines
by Gupta, Yash P. & Somers, Toni M. & Grau, Lea
- 272-287 Analysis of the stationary Ek/C2/s queueing system
by Bertsimas, Dimitris J. & Papaconstantinou, Xenophon A.
1988, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-7 Fourth EURO Summer Institute: Editorial
by Krarup, Jakob & Pruzan, Peter
- 8-33 The systems sciences: What are they? are they one, or many?
by Troncale, Len
- 34-41 Systemic OR and operational systems science
by Pruzan, Peter
- 42-57 The theory of self-organization and modelling complex urban systems
by Engelen, Guy
- 58-72 Models for petroleum field exploitation
by Haugland, Dag & Hallefjord, Asa & Asheim, Harald
- 73-82 Assessing the need for decision support systems
by Holt, John
- 83-91 Towards the planning of actions in complex environments
by Leysen, J.
- 92-99 A decision support simulation model for design of fast patrol boats
by Kvaale, H.
- 100-110 Expert systems approach to decision support
by Ligeza, Antoni
- 111-119 Poverty equilibrium--An introductory systemic analysis
by Cesar das Neves, Joao
- 120-126 Structure and logic in knowledge-based representations of systems simulation models
by Rodrigues, Antonio J. L.
- 127-135 A heuristic for scheduling problems, especially for scheduling farm operations
by Wijngaard, Peter J. M.
1988, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 285-296 Further remarks on queueing network theory
by Kiessler, Peter C. & Disney, Ralph L.
- 297-310 Sequential analysis of organization design: A model and a case of Japanese firms
by Takahashi, Nobuo
- 311-321 An outranking method under uncertainty
by D'Avignon, G. R. & Vincke, Ph.
- 322-333 The value of information in competitive bidding
by Chatterjee, Kalyan & Harrison, Terry P.
- 334-338 Minimum values over the efficient set in multiple objective decision making
by Reeves, Gary R. & Reid, Randall C.
- 339-345 Proper efficiency in a linear fractional vector maximum problem with generalized convex constraints
by Gulati, T. R. & Islam, M. A.
- 346-352 Optimal level of diagnostics in distributed communication systems
by Kubat, Peter
- 353-359 Bounds on penalties for dummy arcs in transportation networks
by Sherali, Hanif D.
- 360-370 Antithetic-variate splitting for steady-sate simulations
by Nelson, Barry L.
- 371-378 Asymmetric mixtures and catastrophes
by Brus, Tomek
- 379-392 Divergence of choices despite similarity of characteristics: An application of catastrophe theory
by Bonanno, Giacomo & Christopher Zeeman, E.
- 393-401 Realization probability in multi-class closed queuing networks
by Cao, Xi-Ren
- 402-409 Semilocal pseudolinearity and efficiency
by Kaul, R. N. & Lyall, Vinod & Kaur, Surjeet
- 410-415 Daily production planning in fish processing firms
by Jensson, Pall
1988, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 143-152 Operational research and financial management
by Ashford, Robert W. & Berry, Robert H. & Dyson, Robert G.
- 153-166 Long term planning of a major national sector using a linear programming model
by Kuru, Selahattin
- 167-173 Optimizing the performance of a blood analyser: Application of the set partitioning problem
by Nawijn, W. M.
- 174-179 Sensitivity of continuous review stochastic (s, S) inventory systems to ordering delays
by Weiss, Howard J.
- 180-185 Separate vs. joint replenishment policies with maximum storage requirement costs
by Hall, Nicholas G.
- 186-196 Entropy, spatial interaction models and discrete choice analysis: Static and dynamic analogies
by Nijkamp, Peter & Reggiani, Aura
- 197-201 Transient solutions for some exhaustive M/G/1 queues with generalized independent vacations
by Minh, Do Le
- 202-206 A revised bound improvement sequence algorithm
by Barcia, Paulo & Holm, Soren
- 207-216 On consecutive-k-out-of-n: F systems
by Chan, Fung-Yee & Chan, Lai K. & Lin, Gwo Dong
- 217-226 A bi-criteria heuristic for the vehicle routing problem with time windows
by Van Landeghem, H. R. G.
- 227-240 Congested network flows: Time-varying demands and start-time policies
by Carey, Malachy & Srinivasan, Ashok
- 241-250 Minisum location of a travelling salesman on simple networks
by Berman, O. & Simchi-Levi, D.
- 251-253 On estimating road distances by mathematical functions
by Love, Robert F. & Morris, James G.
- 254-255 On estimating road distances by mathematical functions--A rejoinder
by Berens, Wolfgang & Korling, Franz-Josef
- 256-265 Weighting factor extensions for finite multiple objective vector minimization problems
by White, D. J.
- 266-267 A note on "weighting factor extensions for finite multiple objective vector minimization problems", by D.J. White
by Scherer, William T.
1988, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-13 Cognitive mapping
by Eden, Colin
- 14-26 Generalized transitivity and preferences modelling: The concept of Hyper-Order
by Valadares Tavares, L.
- 27-35 Judgemental modelling based on geometric least square
by Islei, G. & Lockett, A. G.
- 36-49 Preference ranking global frequencies in multicriterion analysis ()
by Matarazzo, Benedetto
- 50-65 : An analytical procedure for generating optimal new product concepts for a differentiated-type strategy
by Sudharshan, D. & May, Jerrold H. & Gruca, Thomas
- 66-77 Interval uneffectiveness distribution for a k-out-of-n multistate reliability system with repair
by van der Heijden, M. C. & Schornagel, A.
- 78-84 A fuzzy set approach to financial ratio analysis
by Gutierrez, Isabel & Carmona, Salvador
- 85-91 On equivalence of two optimization methods for fuzzy discrete programming problems
by Kolodziejczyk, Waldemar
- 92-100 A comparative study of several semi-infinite nonlinear programming algorithms
by Tanaka, Yoshihiro & Fukushima, Masao & Ibaraki, Toshihide
- 101-106 An improved general Phase-I method in linear programming
by Belling-Seib, Katharina
- 107-115 The equal flow problem
by Ali, Agha Iqbal & Kennington, Jeff & Shetty, Bala
- 116-121 A simplification for some disjunctive formulations
by Jeroslow, Robert G.
- 122-128 An enumerative method for the solution of linear complementarity problems
by Judice, J. J. & Mitra, G.
1988, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 301-320 System dynamics and microworlds for policymakers
by Morecroft, John D. W.
- 321-327 Linear programming on a micro computer: An application in refinery modelling
by Uhlmann, Alexandra
- 328-338 The nozzle guide vane problem: Partitioning a heterogeneous inventory
by Balakrishnan, Anantaram & Plante, Robert & Wong, Richard
- 339-349 Selecting transfer station locations for large solid waste systems
by Kirca, Omer & Erkip, Nesim
- 350-364 A computational model for solid waste management with application
by Gottinger, Hans W.
- 365-377 Multiobjective mathematical programming models for acid rain control
by Ellis, J. Hugh
- 378-381 Balancing hydraulic turbine runners: A quadratic assignment problem
by Laporte, Gilbert & Mercure, Helene
- 382-392 Analysis of a conveyor queue in a flexible manufacturing system
by Coffman, E. G. & Gelenbe, E. & Gilbert, E. N.
- 393-400 Modelling and scheduling a batch-type production on identical machines
by Sawik, T. J.
- 401-413 Regenerative pull (Kanban) production control policies
by Seidmann, Abraham
- 414-425 A transportation type aggregate production model with bounds on inventory and backordering
by Selcuk Erenguc, S. & Tufekci, Suleyman
- 426-441 Simultaneous and dynamic price, production, inventory and capacity decisions
by Gaimon, Cheryl
- 442-456 On the integer properties of scheduling set partitioning models
by Ryan, D. M. & Falkner, J. C.
1988, Volume 35, Issue 2
- 137-145 Perspectives on practical aspects of truck routing and scheduling
by Ronen, David
- 146-159 A comparison of LP software on personal computers for industrial applications
by Stadtler, Hartmut & Groeneveld, Maren & Hermannsen, Heidrun
- 160-164 A note on evaluating LP software for personal computers
by Ashford, R. W. & Daniel, R. C.
- 165-171 A mixed integer programming model for fertiliser policy evaluation
by Glen, J. J.
- 172-181 Safety stock determination with correlated demands and arbitrary lead times
by Fotopoulos, Stergios & Wang, Min-Chiang & Rao, S. Subba
- 182-186 Disaggregation under uncertainty in hierarchical production planning
by Ari, E. Aysen & Axsater, Sven
- 187-192 Analytical solution of closed-loop conveyor systems with discrete and deterministic material flow
by Bastani, Ali S.
- 193-200 A Lagrangean dual ascent algorithm for simple plant location problems
by Guignard, Monique
- 201-206 A fast feasibility test for relocation problems
by Kaplan, Edward H. & Amir, Amihood
- 207-215 Hierarchic Markov processes and their applications in replacement models
by Kristensen, Anders R.
- 216-227 Aggregation of constraints in integer programming
by Ram, Balasubramanian & Karwan, Mark H. & Babu, A. J. G.
- 228-241 A finite procedure to generate feasible points for the extreme point mathematical programming problem
by Fulop, Janos
- 242-254 A reoptimization algorithm for the shortest path problem with time windows
by Desrochers, Martin & Soumis, Francois
- 255-262 Optimal comprimising within a multicriterial conflict zone
by Ostermark, Ralf
- 263-270 Aspiration profile preserving compromising within a multicriterial conflict zone
by Ostermark, Ralf
- 271-277 A minimum variance of utility approach to ideal point estimation in certain biased groups
by Troutt, Marvin D.
- 278-285 A batch acceptance complement method for generating random variables
by Rubinstein, Reuven Y. & Kriemer, Joseph
1988, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 1-15 Optimal preventive maintenance scheduling of thermal generating units in power systems --A survey of problem formulations and solution methods
by Kralj, Branimir L. & Petrovic, Radivoj
- 16-29 Reduction of paradoxes in subjectively judged competitions
by Frederiksen, Jesper S. & Machol, Robert E.
- 30-44 -1: A disaggregate model of the U.S. electric utility industry
by Hillsman, Edward L. & Alvic, Donald R. & Church, Richard L.
- 45-58 A new approach for crew pairing problems by column generation with an application to air transportation
by Lavoie, Sylvie & Minoux, Michel & Odier, Edouard
- 59-70 Application of a search algorithm to stream assimilative capacity management
by Ong, S. L. & Adams, B. J.
- 71-79 An incremental discount pricing schedule with multiple customers and single price break
by Kim, Kap H. & Hwang, Hark
- 80-88 Bifurcations and chaos in a generic management model
by Rasmussen, Dan Rene & Mosekilde, Erik
- 89-97 Reliability concepts under the theory of evidence
by Delgado, M. & Moral, S.
- 98-110 Modeling of building evacuation problems by network flows with side constraints
by Choi, W. & Hamacher, H. W. & Tufekci, S.
- 111-117 Controlled dual perturbations for posynomial programs
by Fang, S. C. & Peterson, E. L. & Rajasekera, J. R.
- 118-123 A note on the m-center problem with rectilinear distances
by Aneja, Y. P. & Chandrasekaran, R. & Nair, K. P. K.
1988, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 249-261 PORTPLAN, decision support system for port terminals
by Van Hee, K. M. & Huitink, B. & Leegwater, D. K.
- 262-272 Decision support system for container terminal planning
by van Hee, K. M. & Wijbrands, R. J.
- 273-281 Trim-loss minimization in a crepe-rubber mill; optimal solution versus heuristic in the 2 (3) - dimensional case
by Schneider, W.
- 282-296 A simulation model for corporate planning in a steel plant
by Narchal, R. M.
- 297-307 Planning horizons for capacity expansion
by Udayabhanu, V. & Morton, T. E.
- 308-315 Preference ranking of discrete multiattribute instances
by Badran, Yahya
- 316-325 A `soft' measure of consensus in the setting of partial (fuzzy) preferences
by Kacprzyk, Janusz & Fedrizzi, Mario
- 326-335 Use of fuzzy relations in rule-based decision support systems for business planning problems
by Hruschka, Harald
- 336-344 The savings algorithm for the vehicle routing problem
by Paessens, H.
- 345-350 The reliability of a test procedure for identifying defective components
by Sim, S. H.
- 351-361 Approximate steady-state distribution for a large repairable item inventory system
by Albright, S. Christian & Soni, A.
- 362-371 Determination of the crop mix of a rubber and oil palm plantation--A programming approach
by Tan, Lee-Peng & Fong, Chan-Onn
- 372-383 A Lagrangian relaxation approach to solve the second phase of the exam scheduling problem
by Arani, Taghi & Karwan, Mark & Lofti, Vahid
- 384-392 A multicut algorithm for two-stage stochastic linear programs
by Birge, John R. & Louveaux, Francois V.
- 393-398 A parallel integer linear programming algorithm
by Boehning, Rochelle L. & Butler, Ralph M. & Gillett, Billy E.
- 399-402 A surrogate for linear programs with random requirements
by Grove, M. A.
- 403-404 Integer linear programming formulation for vehicle routing problems
by Brodie, G. R. & Waters, C. D. J.
- 405-410 OR in practice: Results of a survey in Greece
by Pappis, Costas P. & Nikitas, Grigoris D. & Patrikalakis, Giannis S.
1988, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 113-130 Expert systems for planning and scheduling manufacturing systems
by Kusiak, Andrew & Chen, Mingyuan
- 131-138 Forecasting demand for mail order catalogue lines during the season
by Chambers, M. L. & Eglese, R. W.
- 139-148 Income redistribution policies and decision support systems -- Problems and potentials
by Schwarz, Brita
- 149-151 Incorporating stochastic processes to overcome unmanageable decision trees
by Pliskin, Nava
- 152-159 A visual reference direction approach to solving discrete multiple criteria problems
by Korhonen, Pekka
- 160-170 A multi-period, multiple criteria optimization system for manpower planning
by Silverman, Joe & Steuer, Ralph E. & Whisman, Alan W.
- 171-177 in continuous time
by Luhmer, Alfred & Steindl, Alois & Feichtinger, Gustav & Hartl, Richard & Sorger, Gerhard
- 178-190 A large-scale multilocation capacity planning model
by Klincewicz, John G. & Luss, Hanan & Yu, Chang-Sung
- 191-207 On upper bounds of sequential stochastic production planning problems
by Bitran, G. R. & Sarkar, D.
- 208-220 A two-machine flow shop scheduling problem with controllable job processing times
by Nowicki, Eugeniusz & Zdrzalka, Stanislaw
- 221-230 Single machine scheduling to minimize weighted earliness subject to no tardy jobs
by Chand, Suresh & Schneeberger, Hans
- 231-236 DB2 and DB2A: Two useful tools for constructing Hamiltonian circuits
by Brunacci, Francesco A.
1988, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 1-9 Performance indicators -- Why, where and how?
by Fortuin, Leonard
- 10-18 Defence operational analysis using system dynamics
by Wolstenholme, E. F.
- 19-26 Capacity expansion with interrupted demand growth
by Buzacott, J. A. & Chaouch, A. B.
- 27-38 A generalized discount structure and some dominance rules for selecting the price-break EOQ
by Das, Chandrasekhar
- 39-43 The suitability of the weighted lp-norm in estimating actual road distances
by Berens, Wolfgang
- 44-55 Multiple objective forest land management planning: An illustration
by Bare, B. Bruce & Mendoza, Guillermo
- 56-68 On the convergence of reference point methods in multiobjective programming
by Bogetoft, Peter & Hallefjord, Asa & Kok, Matthijs
- 69-77 Geometrical representations for MCDA
by Mareschal, Bertrand & Brans, Jean-Pierre
- 78-85 Experiments with an interactive procedure for MOLP given weak orders on variables and objectives
by Dror, Moshe & Gass, Saul I. & Yellin, Alexandra
- 86-91 A graphical bicriteria approach to the resource allocation problem
by Czuchra, Waldemar
- 92-98 Management of a community storage system: A coal programming model
by Sinha, Surendra B. & Sastry, Somayajula V. C. & Misra, Rameswar P.
- 99-104 Improving feasible directions for a class of nondifferentiable functions
by Tamarit Goerlich, JoseManuel
- 105-112 A methodology for computation reduction for specially structured large scale Markov decision problems
by Ding, Fong-Yuen & Hodgson, Thom J. & King, Russell E.
1988, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 223-229 Combining forecasts
by Bunn, Derek W.
- 230-244 Batching and routing: Two functions in the operational planning of flexible manufacturing systems
by Bastos, JoseM.
- 245-256 Allocating work between an FMS and a conventional jobshop: A case study
by Avonts, Ludwig H. & Gelders, Ludo F. & Van Wassenhove, Luk N.
- 257-261 Experimental design and regression analysis in simulation: An FMS case study
by Kleijnen, Jack P. C. & Standridge, Charles R.
- 262-272 Electronic equipment test unit optimization
by Dror, Moshe & Einav, David & Amir, Yakov
- 273-278 A decision support system for wine-making cooperatives
by Gertosio, Christine
- 279-289 A forecasting model to evaluate the profitability of price promotions
by Rinne, Heikki & Geurts, Michael
- 290-297 OR tools for tactical freight transportation planning
by Crainic, Teodor Gabriel & Roy, Jacques
- 298-303 An optimization model for pavement marking systems
by Kouskoulas, Vasily
- 304-313 An approximation of known accuracy for single server queues with inhomogeneous arrival rate and continuous service time distribution
by Omosigho, S. E. & Worthington, D. J.
- 314-325 An algorithm for solving large capacitated warehouse location problems
by Beasley, J. E.
- 326-333 Surrogate duality in a branch-and-bound procedure for integer programming
by Sarin, Sanjiv & Karwan, Mark H. & Rardin, Ronald L.
- 334-341 Fractional programming revisited
by Sniedovich, Moshe
- 342-348 Lexicographical order and duality in multiobjective programming
by Martinez-Legaz, Juan Enrique
1988, Volume 33, Issue 2
- 145-148 Editorial
by Agrell, Per S. & Gibert, Patrick
- 149-158 A price endogenous analysis of agricultural intervention policies: The case of Turkey
by Onal, Hayri
- 159-173 A methodology for sensitivity analysis in three-criteria problems: A case study in municipal management
by Bana E Costa, Carlos A.
- 174-182 Allocating nursing staff to hospital wards-- A case study
by Worthington, David & Guy, Mike
- 183-190 Improving the utilization of training resources through optimal personnel assignment in the U.S. Navy
by Liang, Timothy T. & Buclatin, Ben B.
- 191-199 An Icelandic fisheries model
by Helgason, Thorkell & Olafsson, Snjolfur
- 200-211 Relationship between futures studies and planning
by Khakee, Abdul
- 212-222 A comprehensive energy model in the municipal energy planning process
by Wene, Clas-Otto & Ryden, Bo
1988, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-348 Editorial
by Mercer, Alan & Tilanus, Bernhard & Zimmermann, Hans
- 2-16 Recurrent competitive bidding
by King, Malcolm & Mercer, Alan
- 17-29 Implementation of an expert system for production scheduling
by Kerr, R. M. & Ebsary, R. V.
- 30-41 A multiobjective, multi-level heuristic for dynamic resource constrained scheduling problems
by Norbis, Mario I. & MacGregor Smith, J.
- 42-45 Single facility scheduling with multiple job classes
by N.D. Gupta, Jatinder
- 46-53 Equalizing superpower force disparities with optimized arms control choices: A multi-objective approach
by ReVelle, Charles
- 54-64 Weight stability intervals in multicriteria decision aid
by Mareschal, Bertrand
- 65-81 Experiments with parallel algorithms for combinatorial problems
by Kindervater, G. A. P. & Trienekens, H. W. J. M.
- 82-90 Solution method for partitioning students into groups
by Miyaji, Isao & Ohno, Katsuhisa & Mine, Hisashi
- 91-97 Computational experience concerning payoff tables and minimum criterion values over the efficient set
by Isermann, Heinz & Steuer, Ralph E.
- 98-105 Minimum-maximal matching in series-parallel graphs
by Richey, M. B. & Parker, R. Gary
- 106-113 Note on the optimum span of control in a pure hierarchy
by Tarng, Ming-Yueh & Chen, Miao-Sheng
- 114-125 International publishing in operational research
by Rutten, W. G. M. M. & Tilanus, C. B.
1987, Volume 32, Issue 3
- 327-332 Decision models in pest management
by Rabbinge, R. & Rossing, W.A.H.
- 333-339 Choosing an electronic cardiac pacemaker: A decision analysis
by Pliskin, Joseph S. & Ronen, Boaz & Feldman, Shlomo
- 340-352 Performance modeling of a closed loop material handling system
by Pourbabai, Behnam
- 353-362 Planning and development of rural road networks in developing countries
by van Oudheusden, Dirk L. & Lutfar Rahman Khan, Md.
- 363-379 An interactive, computer-aided ship scheduling system
by Miller, David M.
- 380-392 Equation partitioning techniques for solving partial equilibrium models
by Murphy, Frederic H.
- 393-404 A quadratic integer program for the location of interacting hub facilities
by O'kelly, Morton E.