European Journal of Operational Research
1988, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 254-255 On estimating road distances by mathematical functions--A rejoinder
by Berens, Wolfgang & Korling, Franz-Josef
- 256-265 Weighting factor extensions for finite multiple objective vector minimization problems
by White, D. J.
- 266-267 A note on "weighting factor extensions for finite multiple objective vector minimization problems", by D.J. White
by Scherer, William T.
1988, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-13 Cognitive mapping
by Eden, Colin
- 14-26 Generalized transitivity and preferences modelling: The concept of Hyper-Order
by Valadares Tavares, L.
- 27-35 Judgemental modelling based on geometric least square
by Islei, G. & Lockett, A. G.
- 36-49 Preference ranking global frequencies in multicriterion analysis ()
by Matarazzo, Benedetto
- 50-65 : An analytical procedure for generating optimal new product concepts for a differentiated-type strategy
by Sudharshan, D. & May, Jerrold H. & Gruca, Thomas
- 66-77 Interval uneffectiveness distribution for a k-out-of-n multistate reliability system with repair
by van der Heijden, M. C. & Schornagel, A.
- 78-84 A fuzzy set approach to financial ratio analysis
by Gutierrez, Isabel & Carmona, Salvador
- 85-91 On equivalence of two optimization methods for fuzzy discrete programming problems
by Kolodziejczyk, Waldemar
- 92-100 A comparative study of several semi-infinite nonlinear programming algorithms
by Tanaka, Yoshihiro & Fukushima, Masao & Ibaraki, Toshihide
- 101-106 An improved general Phase-I method in linear programming
by Belling-Seib, Katharina
- 107-115 The equal flow problem
by Ali, Agha Iqbal & Kennington, Jeff & Shetty, Bala
- 116-121 A simplification for some disjunctive formulations
by Jeroslow, Robert G.
- 122-128 An enumerative method for the solution of linear complementarity problems
by Judice, J. J. & Mitra, G.
1988, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 301-320 System dynamics and microworlds for policymakers
by Morecroft, John D. W.
- 321-327 Linear programming on a micro computer: An application in refinery modelling
by Uhlmann, Alexandra
- 328-338 The nozzle guide vane problem: Partitioning a heterogeneous inventory
by Balakrishnan, Anantaram & Plante, Robert & Wong, Richard
- 339-349 Selecting transfer station locations for large solid waste systems
by Kirca, Omer & Erkip, Nesim
- 350-364 A computational model for solid waste management with application
by Gottinger, Hans W.
- 365-377 Multiobjective mathematical programming models for acid rain control
by Ellis, J. Hugh
- 378-381 Balancing hydraulic turbine runners: A quadratic assignment problem
by Laporte, Gilbert & Mercure, Helene
- 382-392 Analysis of a conveyor queue in a flexible manufacturing system
by Coffman, E. G. & Gelenbe, E. & Gilbert, E. N.
- 393-400 Modelling and scheduling a batch-type production on identical machines
by Sawik, T. J.
- 401-413 Regenerative pull (Kanban) production control policies
by Seidmann, Abraham
- 414-425 A transportation type aggregate production model with bounds on inventory and backordering
by Selcuk Erenguc, S. & Tufekci, Suleyman
- 426-441 Simultaneous and dynamic price, production, inventory and capacity decisions
by Gaimon, Cheryl
- 442-456 On the integer properties of scheduling set partitioning models
by Ryan, D. M. & Falkner, J. C.
1988, Volume 35, Issue 2
- 137-145 Perspectives on practical aspects of truck routing and scheduling
by Ronen, David
- 146-159 A comparison of LP software on personal computers for industrial applications
by Stadtler, Hartmut & Groeneveld, Maren & Hermannsen, Heidrun
- 160-164 A note on evaluating LP software for personal computers
by Ashford, R. W. & Daniel, R. C.
- 165-171 A mixed integer programming model for fertiliser policy evaluation
by Glen, J. J.
- 172-181 Safety stock determination with correlated demands and arbitrary lead times
by Fotopoulos, Stergios & Wang, Min-Chiang & Rao, S. Subba
- 182-186 Disaggregation under uncertainty in hierarchical production planning
by Ari, E. Aysen & Axsater, Sven
- 187-192 Analytical solution of closed-loop conveyor systems with discrete and deterministic material flow
by Bastani, Ali S.
- 193-200 A Lagrangean dual ascent algorithm for simple plant location problems
by Guignard, Monique
- 201-206 A fast feasibility test for relocation problems
by Kaplan, Edward H. & Amir, Amihood
- 207-215 Hierarchic Markov processes and their applications in replacement models
by Kristensen, Anders R.
- 216-227 Aggregation of constraints in integer programming
by Ram, Balasubramanian & Karwan, Mark H. & Babu, A. J. G.
- 228-241 A finite procedure to generate feasible points for the extreme point mathematical programming problem
by Fulop, Janos
- 242-254 A reoptimization algorithm for the shortest path problem with time windows
by Desrochers, Martin & Soumis, Francois
- 255-262 Optimal comprimising within a multicriterial conflict zone
by Ostermark, Ralf
- 263-270 Aspiration profile preserving compromising within a multicriterial conflict zone
by Ostermark, Ralf
- 271-277 A minimum variance of utility approach to ideal point estimation in certain biased groups
by Troutt, Marvin D.
- 278-285 A batch acceptance complement method for generating random variables
by Rubinstein, Reuven Y. & Kriemer, Joseph
1988, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 1-15 Optimal preventive maintenance scheduling of thermal generating units in power systems --A survey of problem formulations and solution methods
by Kralj, Branimir L. & Petrovic, Radivoj
- 16-29 Reduction of paradoxes in subjectively judged competitions
by Frederiksen, Jesper S. & Machol, Robert E.
- 30-44 -1: A disaggregate model of the U.S. electric utility industry
by Hillsman, Edward L. & Alvic, Donald R. & Church, Richard L.
- 45-58 A new approach for crew pairing problems by column generation with an application to air transportation
by Lavoie, Sylvie & Minoux, Michel & Odier, Edouard
- 59-70 Application of a search algorithm to stream assimilative capacity management
by Ong, S. L. & Adams, B. J.
- 71-79 An incremental discount pricing schedule with multiple customers and single price break
by Kim, Kap H. & Hwang, Hark
- 80-88 Bifurcations and chaos in a generic management model
by Rasmussen, Dan Rene & Mosekilde, Erik
- 89-97 Reliability concepts under the theory of evidence
by Delgado, M. & Moral, S.
- 98-110 Modeling of building evacuation problems by network flows with side constraints
by Choi, W. & Hamacher, H. W. & Tufekci, S.
- 111-117 Controlled dual perturbations for posynomial programs
by Fang, S. C. & Peterson, E. L. & Rajasekera, J. R.
- 118-123 A note on the m-center problem with rectilinear distances
by Aneja, Y. P. & Chandrasekaran, R. & Nair, K. P. K.
1988, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 249-261 PORTPLAN, decision support system for port terminals
by Van Hee, K. M. & Huitink, B. & Leegwater, D. K.
- 262-272 Decision support system for container terminal planning
by van Hee, K. M. & Wijbrands, R. J.
- 273-281 Trim-loss minimization in a crepe-rubber mill; optimal solution versus heuristic in the 2 (3) - dimensional case
by Schneider, W.
- 282-296 A simulation model for corporate planning in a steel plant
by Narchal, R. M.
- 297-307 Planning horizons for capacity expansion
by Udayabhanu, V. & Morton, T. E.
- 308-315 Preference ranking of discrete multiattribute instances
by Badran, Yahya
- 316-325 A `soft' measure of consensus in the setting of partial (fuzzy) preferences
by Kacprzyk, Janusz & Fedrizzi, Mario
- 326-335 Use of fuzzy relations in rule-based decision support systems for business planning problems
by Hruschka, Harald
- 336-344 The savings algorithm for the vehicle routing problem
by Paessens, H.
- 345-350 The reliability of a test procedure for identifying defective components
by Sim, S. H.
- 351-361 Approximate steady-state distribution for a large repairable item inventory system
by Albright, S. Christian & Soni, A.
- 362-371 Determination of the crop mix of a rubber and oil palm plantation--A programming approach
by Tan, Lee-Peng & Fong, Chan-Onn
- 372-383 A Lagrangian relaxation approach to solve the second phase of the exam scheduling problem
by Arani, Taghi & Karwan, Mark & Lofti, Vahid
- 384-392 A multicut algorithm for two-stage stochastic linear programs
by Birge, John R. & Louveaux, Francois V.
- 393-398 A parallel integer linear programming algorithm
by Boehning, Rochelle L. & Butler, Ralph M. & Gillett, Billy E.
- 399-402 A surrogate for linear programs with random requirements
by Grove, M. A.
- 403-404 Integer linear programming formulation for vehicle routing problems
by Brodie, G. R. & Waters, C. D. J.
- 405-410 OR in practice: Results of a survey in Greece
by Pappis, Costas P. & Nikitas, Grigoris D. & Patrikalakis, Giannis S.
1988, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 113-130 Expert systems for planning and scheduling manufacturing systems
by Kusiak, Andrew & Chen, Mingyuan
- 131-138 Forecasting demand for mail order catalogue lines during the season
by Chambers, M. L. & Eglese, R. W.
- 139-148 Income redistribution policies and decision support systems -- Problems and potentials
by Schwarz, Brita
- 149-151 Incorporating stochastic processes to overcome unmanageable decision trees
by Pliskin, Nava
- 152-159 A visual reference direction approach to solving discrete multiple criteria problems
by Korhonen, Pekka
- 160-170 A multi-period, multiple criteria optimization system for manpower planning
by Silverman, Joe & Steuer, Ralph E. & Whisman, Alan W.
- 171-177 in continuous time
by Luhmer, Alfred & Steindl, Alois & Feichtinger, Gustav & Hartl, Richard & Sorger, Gerhard
- 178-190 A large-scale multilocation capacity planning model
by Klincewicz, John G. & Luss, Hanan & Yu, Chang-Sung
- 191-207 On upper bounds of sequential stochastic production planning problems
by Bitran, G. R. & Sarkar, D.
- 208-220 A two-machine flow shop scheduling problem with controllable job processing times
by Nowicki, Eugeniusz & Zdrzalka, Stanislaw
- 221-230 Single machine scheduling to minimize weighted earliness subject to no tardy jobs
by Chand, Suresh & Schneeberger, Hans
- 231-236 DB2 and DB2A: Two useful tools for constructing Hamiltonian circuits
by Brunacci, Francesco A.
1988, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 1-9 Performance indicators -- Why, where and how?
by Fortuin, Leonard
- 10-18 Defence operational analysis using system dynamics
by Wolstenholme, E. F.
- 19-26 Capacity expansion with interrupted demand growth
by Buzacott, J. A. & Chaouch, A. B.
- 27-38 A generalized discount structure and some dominance rules for selecting the price-break EOQ
by Das, Chandrasekhar
- 39-43 The suitability of the weighted lp-norm in estimating actual road distances
by Berens, Wolfgang
- 44-55 Multiple objective forest land management planning: An illustration
by Bare, B. Bruce & Mendoza, Guillermo
- 56-68 On the convergence of reference point methods in multiobjective programming
by Bogetoft, Peter & Hallefjord, Asa & Kok, Matthijs
- 69-77 Geometrical representations for MCDA
by Mareschal, Bertrand & Brans, Jean-Pierre
- 78-85 Experiments with an interactive procedure for MOLP given weak orders on variables and objectives
by Dror, Moshe & Gass, Saul I. & Yellin, Alexandra
- 86-91 A graphical bicriteria approach to the resource allocation problem
by Czuchra, Waldemar
- 92-98 Management of a community storage system: A coal programming model
by Sinha, Surendra B. & Sastry, Somayajula V. C. & Misra, Rameswar P.
- 99-104 Improving feasible directions for a class of nondifferentiable functions
by Tamarit Goerlich, JoseManuel
- 105-112 A methodology for computation reduction for specially structured large scale Markov decision problems
by Ding, Fong-Yuen & Hodgson, Thom J. & King, Russell E.
1988, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 223-229 Combining forecasts
by Bunn, Derek W.
- 230-244 Batching and routing: Two functions in the operational planning of flexible manufacturing systems
by Bastos, JoseM.
- 245-256 Allocating work between an FMS and a conventional jobshop: A case study
by Avonts, Ludwig H. & Gelders, Ludo F. & Van Wassenhove, Luk N.
- 257-261 Experimental design and regression analysis in simulation: An FMS case study
by Kleijnen, Jack P. C. & Standridge, Charles R.
- 262-272 Electronic equipment test unit optimization
by Dror, Moshe & Einav, David & Amir, Yakov
- 273-278 A decision support system for wine-making cooperatives
by Gertosio, Christine
- 279-289 A forecasting model to evaluate the profitability of price promotions
by Rinne, Heikki & Geurts, Michael
- 290-297 OR tools for tactical freight transportation planning
by Crainic, Teodor Gabriel & Roy, Jacques
- 298-303 An optimization model for pavement marking systems
by Kouskoulas, Vasily
- 304-313 An approximation of known accuracy for single server queues with inhomogeneous arrival rate and continuous service time distribution
by Omosigho, S. E. & Worthington, D. J.
- 314-325 An algorithm for solving large capacitated warehouse location problems
by Beasley, J. E.
- 326-333 Surrogate duality in a branch-and-bound procedure for integer programming
by Sarin, Sanjiv & Karwan, Mark H. & Rardin, Ronald L.
- 334-341 Fractional programming revisited
by Sniedovich, Moshe
- 342-348 Lexicographical order and duality in multiobjective programming
by Martinez-Legaz, Juan Enrique
1988, Volume 33, Issue 2
- 145-148 Editorial
by Agrell, Per S. & Gibert, Patrick
- 149-158 A price endogenous analysis of agricultural intervention policies: The case of Turkey
by Onal, Hayri
- 159-173 A methodology for sensitivity analysis in three-criteria problems: A case study in municipal management
by Bana E Costa, Carlos A.
- 174-182 Allocating nursing staff to hospital wards-- A case study
by Worthington, David & Guy, Mike
- 183-190 Improving the utilization of training resources through optimal personnel assignment in the U.S. Navy
by Liang, Timothy T. & Buclatin, Ben B.
- 191-199 An Icelandic fisheries model
by Helgason, Thorkell & Olafsson, Snjolfur
- 200-211 Relationship between futures studies and planning
by Khakee, Abdul
- 212-222 A comprehensive energy model in the municipal energy planning process
by Wene, Clas-Otto & Ryden, Bo
1988, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-348 Editorial
by Mercer, Alan & Tilanus, Bernhard & Zimmermann, Hans
- 2-16 Recurrent competitive bidding
by King, Malcolm & Mercer, Alan
- 17-29 Implementation of an expert system for production scheduling
by Kerr, R. M. & Ebsary, R. V.
- 30-41 A multiobjective, multi-level heuristic for dynamic resource constrained scheduling problems
by Norbis, Mario I. & MacGregor Smith, J.
- 42-45 Single facility scheduling with multiple job classes
by N.D. Gupta, Jatinder
- 46-53 Equalizing superpower force disparities with optimized arms control choices: A multi-objective approach
by ReVelle, Charles
- 54-64 Weight stability intervals in multicriteria decision aid
by Mareschal, Bertrand
- 65-81 Experiments with parallel algorithms for combinatorial problems
by Kindervater, G. A. P. & Trienekens, H. W. J. M.
- 82-90 Solution method for partitioning students into groups
by Miyaji, Isao & Ohno, Katsuhisa & Mine, Hisashi
- 91-97 Computational experience concerning payoff tables and minimum criterion values over the efficient set
by Isermann, Heinz & Steuer, Ralph E.
- 98-105 Minimum-maximal matching in series-parallel graphs
by Richey, M. B. & Parker, R. Gary
- 106-113 Note on the optimum span of control in a pure hierarchy
by Tarng, Ming-Yueh & Chen, Miao-Sheng
- 114-125 International publishing in operational research
by Rutten, W. G. M. M. & Tilanus, C. B.
1987, Volume 32, Issue 3
- 327-332 Decision models in pest management
by Rabbinge, R. & Rossing, W.A.H.
- 333-339 Choosing an electronic cardiac pacemaker: A decision analysis
by Pliskin, Joseph S. & Ronen, Boaz & Feldman, Shlomo
- 340-352 Performance modeling of a closed loop material handling system
by Pourbabai, Behnam
- 353-362 Planning and development of rural road networks in developing countries
by van Oudheusden, Dirk L. & Lutfar Rahman Khan, Md.
- 363-379 An interactive, computer-aided ship scheduling system
by Miller, David M.
- 380-392 Equation partitioning techniques for solving partial equilibrium models
by Murphy, Frederic H.
- 393-404 A quadratic integer program for the location of interacting hub facilities
by O'kelly, Morton E.
- 405-414 Dynamic programming and decomposition approaches for the single machine total tardiness problem
by Potts, C.N. & Van Wassenhove, L.N.
- 415-425 A normative model of market response to sales force activities
by Darmon, Rene Y.
- 426-434 Successive linear programming for ratio goal problems
by Armstrong, R. & Charnes, A. & Haksever, C.
- 435-447 Semi-Markov dynamic programming approach to competitive bidding with state space reduction considerations
by Gunter, Sevket & Swanson, Lloyd
- 448-461 The generalized expansion method for open finite queueing networks
by Kerbachea, Laoucine & MacGregor Smith, J.
- 462-466 Note on a conflict of assumptions in bidding models
by King, Malcolm & Mercer, Alan
- 467-468 OR software
by Thiriez, Herve
1987, Volume 32, Issue 2
- 165-168 The EURO Summer Institutes
by Belton, Valerie
- 169-181 Corporate strategic planning in an uncertain environment
by Baets, Walter
- 182-190 An investigative micro-computer model of European sulphur dioxide pollution
by Butterworth, N.J. & Watson, S.R.
- 191-204 Modeling of multi-stage decision-making processes in multi-period energy-models
by Gerking, Harald
- 205-224 Computer-based models and the problem of investment in water resources: A case study
by Schaffers, Hans
- 225-230 Expert opinion use for probability assessment in safety studies: Main topics and elements of an application-oriented research program
by van Steen, Jacques F.J.
- 231-244 A methodology for aiding hazardous materials transportation decisions
by van Steen, Jacques F.J.
- 245-250 Uncertainty in reliability evaluation processes and a simulation approach to treating it
by Vujosevic, Mirko
- 251-259 Optimal search for one of many objects hidden in two boxes
by Sharlin, Ariela
- 260-266 Some experiments with simulated annealing for coloring graphs
by Chams, M. & Hertz, A. & de Werra, D.
- 267-275 Multiobjective models in identification of random fields
by Wiecek, Malgorzata
- 276-290 Decision making on stock levels in cases of uncertain demand rate
by Popovic, Jovan B.
- 291-293 A note on maximized likelihood sets
by Cano Sanchez, J.A. & Hernandez Bastida, A. & Moreno Bas, E.
- 294-301 A new algorithm for quadratic programming
by Terlaky, Tamas
- 302-310 The explicit derivation of the efficient portfolio frontier in the case of degeneracy and general singularity
by Voros, J.
- 311-312 OR Software
by Thiriez, Herve
- 320-321 Letters and viewpoints
by Kavanagh, Bob
1987, Volume 32, Issue 1
- 1-25 The present and future of metagame analysis
by Howard, Nigel
- 26-32 The application of a surgical bed simulation model
by Wright, M. B.
- 33-46 Maps, games and things in-between: Modelling accounts of conflict
by Bennett, P. G. & Cropper, S. A.
- 47-61 Convergence results and numerical experiments on a linear programming hybrid algorithm
by Kortanek, K. O. & Shi, M.
- 62-75 A hierarchical optimal control model for co-ordination of functional decisions in a firm
by Abad, P. L.
- 76-85 Sonar array element location: A hybrid expert systems application
by Ignizio, James P. & Wiemann, King W. & Jack Hughes, W.
- 86-95 Ranking alternatives--comparison of different methods based on binary comparison matrices
by Krovak, Jiri
- 96-106 Interactive solutions for the linear multiobjective transportation problem
by Ringuest, Jeffrey L. & Rinks, Dan B.
- 107-117 Uncertainty and rank order in the analytic hierarchy process
by Saaty, Thomas L. & Vargas, Luis G.
- 118-129 A two-process implicit enumeration algorithm for the simple assembly line balancing problem
by Saltzman, Matthew J. & Baybars, Ilker
- 130-139 A new family of exponential LP problems
by Clausen, Jens
- 140-149 Sojourn time distributions for the M/M/1 queue in a Markovian environment
by Sengupta, Bhaskar
1987, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 271-275 Half a century of operational research in the RAF
by Daniel, D. W.
- 276-283 Critical heuristics of social systems design
by Ulrich, Werner
- 284-291 A research study of human decision-making in higher level military command and control
by Moynihan, Peter & Bowen, Ken
- 292-296 Real time gaming with real decision makers -- experiences from crises management gaming for the Swedish economic defence
by Dreborg, Karl-Henrik & Svensson, Jan-Erik
- 297-303 Meaning and validity of interactive procedures as tools for decision making
by Roy, B.
- 304-313 The evaluation criteria of the venture capital investment activity: An interactive assessment
by Siskos, J. & Zopounidis, C.
- 314-334 : Towards a negotiation support system
by Jarke, Matthias & Jelassi, M. Tawfik & Shakun, Melvin F.
- 335-341 An adaptation of to multiobjective linear programming
by Pomerol, J. Ch. & Trabelsi, T.
- 342-349 Interactive multiple objective programming subject to flexible constraints
by Werners, Brigitte
- 350-357 with an interactive assessment of a piecewise linear utility function
by Jacquet-Lagreze, Eric & Meziani, Rachid & Slowinski, Roman
- 358-367 Optimal control of a removable server in an M/G/1 queue with finite capacity
by Teghem, J.
- 368-375 Dynamic estimation of queue behaviour in urban traffic
by Betro, Bruno & Schoen, Fabio & Speranza, M. Grazia
- 376-384 Nash fuzzy equilibrium: Theory and application to a spatial duopoly
by Ponsard, Claude
1987, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 163-164 Editorial
by Jacquet-Lagre`ze, Eric
- 173-176 Address by first EURO Gold Metal recipient
by Zimmermann, Hans-Ju[diaeresis]rgen
- 177-184 Localization in multifacility location theory
by Michelot, Christian
- 185-193 Microlay: An interactive computer program for factory layout planning on microcomputers
by Wa[diaeresis]scher, Gerhard & Chamoni, Peter
- 194-197 The more-for-less paradox in linear programming
by Charnes, A. & Duffuaa, S. & Ryan, M.
- 198-208 An integrated model for the dynamic analysis of location-transport interrelations
by Bertuglia, C.S. & Leonardi, G. & Occelli, S. & Rabino, G.A. & Tadei, R.
- 209-214 Dynamic models for person transportation and their relationship to urban structure and change
by Bellacicco, Antonio & Cossetto, Sandro & Wilson, Alan G.
- 215-222 Multicriteria ranking of alternative locations for small scale hydro plants
by Mladineo, N. & Margeta, J. & Brans, J.P. & Mareschal, B.
- 223-231 Planning lot sizes and capacity requirements in a single stage production system
by Gu[diaeresis]nther, H.O.