Economic lot-sizing games
In this paper we introduce a new class of OR games: economic lot-sizing (ELS) games. There are a number of retailers that have a known demand for a fixed number of periods. To satisfy demand the retailers order products at the same manufacturer. By placing joint orders instead of individual orders, costs can be reduced and a cooperative game arises. In this paper we show that ELS games are balanced. Furthermore, we show that two special classes of ELS games are concave.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Meca, A. & Timmer, J.B. & Garcia-Jurado, I. & Borm, P.E.M., 2004. "Inventory games," Other publications TiSEM 49368f2d-02fc-49c9-9d74-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Harvey M. Wagner & Thomson M. Whitin, 1958. "Dynamic Version of the Economic Lot Size Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 5(1), pages 89-96, October.
- Ichiishi, Tatsuro, 1981. "Super-modularity: Applications to convex games and to the greedy algorithm for LP," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 283-286, October.
- Awi Federgruen & Michal Tzur, 1991. "A Simple Forward Algorithm to Solve General Dynamic Lot Sizing Models with n Periods in 0(n log n) or 0(n) Time," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(8), pages 909-925, August.
- Meca, Ana & Timmer, Judith & Garcia-Jurado, Ignacio & Borm, Peter, 2004.
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 156(1), pages 127-139, July.
- Borm, P.E.M. & Hamers, H.J.M. & Hendrickx, R.L.P., 2001.
"Operations Research Games : A Survey,"
2001-45, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Peter Borm & Herbert Hamers & Ruud Hendrickx, 2001. "Operations research games: A survey," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 139-199, December.
- Borm, P.E.M. & Hamers, H.J.M. & Hendrickx, R.L.P., 2001. "Operations research games : A survey," Other publications TiSEM 755a430b-592f-400b-ba18-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:176:y:2007:i:2:p:1117-1130. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.