Citations for "Population ageing and health care expenditure: a school of 'red herrings'?"
by Andreas Werblow & Stefan Felder & Peter Zweifel
- Oliver Reich & Cornelia Weins & Claudia Schusterschitz & Magdalena Thöni, 2012. "Exploring the disparities of regional health care expenditures in Switzerland: some empirical evidence," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 193-202, April.
- Kristopher J. Hult & Tomas J. Philipson, 2012. "Public Liabilities and Health Care Policy," NBER Working Papers 18571, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Keese, Matthias & Meng, Annika & Schnabel, Reinhold, 2010. "Are You Well Prepared for Long-term Care? – Assessing Financial Gaps in Private German Care Provision," Ruhr Economic Papers 203, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung (RWI), Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Colombier, Carsten & Weber, Werner, 2009.
"Projecting health-care expenditure for Switzerland: further evidence against the 'red-herring' hypothesis,"
26712, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2010.
- Colombier, Carsten & Weber, Werner, 2009. "Projecting health-care expenditure for Switzerland: further evidence against the 'red-herring' hypothesis," MPRA Paper 26747, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2009.
- Christine de la Maisonneuve & Joaquim Oliveira Martins, 2013. "Public Spending on Health and Long-term Care: A new set of projections," OECD Economic Policy Papers 6, OECD Publishing.
- Hackmann, Tobias & Moog, Stefan, 2008. "Älter gleich kränker? Auswirkungen des Zugewinns an Lebenserwartung auf die Pflegewahrscheinlichkeit," FZG Discussion Papers 26, Research Center for Generational Contracts (FZG), University of Freiburg.
- Karlsson, Martin & Klohn, Florian, 2011. "Some notes on how to catch a red herring - Ageing, time-to-death and care costs for older people in Sweden," HERO On line Working Paper Series 2011:6, Oslo University, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Maciej Lis, 2015. "Red Herring in the Vistula River: Time-to-Death and Health Care Expenditure," IBS Working Papers 13/2015, Instytut Badañ Strukturalnych.
- Stefan Felder & Peter Zweifel & Andreas Werblow, 2006. "Population Ageing and Health Care Expenditure: Is Long-term Care Different?," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 142(V), pages 43-48.
- Wubulihasimu, Parida & Gheorghe, Maria & Slobbe, Lany & Polder, Johan & van Baal, Pieter, 2015. "Trends in Dutch hospital spending by age and disease 1994–2010," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(3), pages 316-323.
- France Weaver & Sally C. Stearns & Edward C. Norton & William Spector, 2009. "Proximity to death and participation in the long-term care market," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(8), pages 867-883.
- Walter Ried, 2007. "Medizinisch-technischer Fortschritt und altersspezifische Gesundheitsausgaben," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 227(5+6), pages 636-659, December.
- Torben Andersen, 2014. "Intergenerational redistribution and risk sharing with changing longevity," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 111(1), pages 1-27, February.
- Trottmann, Maria & Zweifel, Peter & Beck, Konstantin, 2012. "Supply-side and demand-side cost sharing in deregulated social health insurance: Which is more effective?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 231-242.
- Peijnenburg, J.M.J. & Nijman, T.E. & Werker, B.J.M., 2010. "Health Cost Risk and Optimal Retirement Provision : A Simple Rule for Annuity Demand," Discussion Paper 2010-14, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Felder, Stefan & Werblow, Andreas & Zweifel, Peter, 2008. "Do Red Herrings Swim in Circles? – Controlling for the Endogeneity of Time to Death," Ruhr Economic Papers 73, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung (RWI), Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Maciej Lis, 2015. "What Drives the Increase in Health Care Costs with Age," IBS Working Papers 5/2015, Instytut Badañ Strukturalnych.
- Melberg, Hans Olav & Sørensen, Jan, 2013. "How does end of life costs and increases in life expectancy affect projections of future hospital spending?," HERO On line Working Paper Series 2013:9, Oslo University, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Peijnenburg, J.M.J., 2011. "Consumption, savings, and investments over the life cycle," Other publications TiSEM 53507526-8619-428d-865f-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Friedrich Breyer & Normann Lorenz & Thomas Niebel, 2012.
"Health Care Expenditures and Longevity: Is there a Eubie Blake Effect?,"
Research Papers in Economics
2012-01, University of Trier, Department of Economics.
- Friedrich Breyer & Normann Lorenz & Thomas Niebel, 2015. "Health care expenditures and longevity: is there a Eubie Blake effect?," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 95-112, January.
- Friedrich Breyer & Normann Lorenz & Thomas Niebel, 2012. "Health Care Expenditures and Longevity: Is There a Eubie Blake Effect?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1226, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Ried, Walter, 2007. "On the relationship between aging, edical progress and age-specific health care expenditures," Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Diskussionspapiere 08/2007, Ernst Moritz Arndt University of Greifswald, Faculty of Law and Economics.
- Gregersen, Fredrik Alexander & Godager, Geir, 2013. "Hospital expenditures and the red herring hypothesis: Evidence from a complete national registry," HERO On line Working Paper Series 2013:3, Oslo University, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Michel Dumont & Peter WillemÃ©, 2013. "Working Paper 02-13 - Machines that go â€˜pingâ€™: medical technology and health expenditures in OECD countries," Working Papers 1302, Federal Planning Bureau, Belgium.
- Felder, Stefan & Werblow, Andreas, 2008. "Do the age profiles of health care expenditure really steepen over time? New evidence from Swiss cantons," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 05/08, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Vincenzo Atella & Valentina Conti, 2013. "The effect of age and time to death on health care expenditures: the Italian experience," CEIS Research Paper 267, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 12 Nov 2013.
- Anikó Bíró, 2014. "Supplementary private health insurance and health care utilization of people aged 50+," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 501-524, March.
- Häcker, Jasmin & Hackmann, Tobias, 2010. "LOS(T) in long-term care: Empirical evidence from German data 2000-2009," FZG Discussion Papers 43, Research Center for Generational Contracts (FZG), University of Freiburg.
- Janusz Jabłonowski & Christoph Müller, 2014. "A fiscal outlook for Poland: Update 2014," National Bank of Poland Working Papers 187, National Bank of Poland, Economic Institute.
- Thomas Bjørner & Søren Arnberg, 2012. "Terminal costs, improved life expectancy and future public health expenditure," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 129-143, June.
- Rossana Merola & Douglas Sutherland, 2013.
"Fiscal Consolidation and the Implications of Social Spending for Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability,"
Review of Economics and Institutions,
Università di Perugia, vol. 4(3).
- Merola, Rossana & Sutherland, Douglas, 2014. "Fiscal Consolidation and Implications of Social Spending for Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability," Papers RB2014/1/2, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Wong, Albert & Wouterse, Bram & Slobbe, Laurentius C.J. & Boshuizen, Hendriek C. & Polder, Johan J., 2012. "Medical innovation and age-specific trends in health care utilization: Findings and implications," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 263-272.
- Murphy, Michael & Martikainen, Pekka, 2013. "Use of hospital and long-term institutional care services in relation to proximity to death among older people in Finland," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 39-47.
- Liu, Li-Fan & Tian, Wei-Hua & Yao, Hui-Ping, 2012. "Utilization of health care services by elderly people with National Health Insurance in Taiwan: The heterogeneous health profile approach," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 246-255.
- Martin Karlsson & Florian Klohn, 2014. "Testing the red herring hypothesis on an aggregated level: ageing, time-to-death and care costs for older people in Sweden," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 15(5), pages 533-551, June.
- Patrick Moore & Kathleen Bennett & Charles Normand, 2014. "The Importance of Proximity to Death in Modelling Community Medication Expenditures for Older People: Evidence From New Zealand," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 12(6), pages 623-633, December.
- Suhrcke, Marc & Pelgrin, Florian & Oliveira Martins, Joaquim & Dormont, Brigitte, 2007.
"Health expenditures, longevity and growth,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/3882, Paris Dauphine University.
- Rolden, Herbert J.A. & van Bodegom, David & Westendorp, Rudi G.J., 2014. "Variation in the costs of dying and the role of different health services, socio-demographic characteristics, and preceding health care expenses," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 110-117.
- Stefan Felder, 2013. "The Impact of Demographic Change on Healthcare Expenditure," CESifo DICE Report, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 11(1), pages 03-06, 04.
- Klaus Kaier & S. Moog, 2012. "Economic Consequences of the Demography of MRSA Patients and the Impact of Broad-Spectrum Antimicrobials," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 227-234, July.
- Schreyögg, Jonas & Bäumler, Michael & Busse, Reinhard, 2009. "Balancing adoption and affordability of medical devices in Europe," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(2-3), pages 218-224, October.
- Binod Nepal & Laurie Brown & Simon Kelly & Richard Percival & Phil Anderson & Ruth Hancock & Geetha Ranmuthugala, 2011. "Projecting the Need for Formal and Informal Aged Care in Australia: A Dynamic Microsimulation Approach," NATSEM Working Paper Series 11/07, University of Canberra, National Centre for Social and Economic Modelling.
- Colombier, Carsten, 2012. "Drivers of health care expenditure: Does Baumol's cost disease loom large?," FiFo Discussion Papers - Finanzwissenschaftliche Diskussionsbeiträge 12-5, University of Cologne, FiFo Institute for Public Economics.
- Torben Andersen & Mikkel Hermansen, 2014. "Durable consumption, saving and retirement," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 825-840, July.
- repec:dar:ddpeco:57663 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tomblin Murphy, Gail & Kephart, George & Lethbridge, Lynn & O'Brien-Pallas, Linda & Birch, Stephen, 2009. "Planning for what? Challenging the assumptions of health human resources planning," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(2-3), pages 225-233, October.
- Kateřina Pavloková, 2010. "Death Related Costs Hypothesis in the Czech Health Care System - The Present and the Future," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2010(1), pages 74-89.
- Jabłonowski, Janusz & Müller, Christoph, 2014. "A fiscal outlook for Poland: Update 2014. Background paper prepared for the World Bank's Country Economic Memorandum (CEM) for Poland," FZG Discussion Papers 54, Research Center for Generational Contracts (FZG), University of Freiburg.
- Firl, Daniel J., 2011. "Modeling healthcare quality: life expectancy SURS in the G7 countries and Korea," MPRA Paper 33900, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Karlsson, Martin & Klohn, Florian, 2011.
"Some notes on how to catch a red herring: Ageing, time-to-death & care costs for older people in Sweden,"
Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics
207, Darmstadt University of Technology, Department of Law and Economics.
- de Meijer C & Koopmanschap M & Bago d & Uva T & van Doorslaer E, 2009. "Time To Drop Time-To-Death? –Unravelling The Determinants of LTC Spending In The Netherlands," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 09/33, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Yang, Y., 2014. "Modeling health and mortality dynamics, and their effects on public finance," Other publications TiSEM c0acd15f-e715-46b1-b146-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Stefan Felder, 2006. "Lebenserwartung, medizinischer Fortschritt und Gesundheitsausgaben: Theorie und Empirie," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 7(s1), pages 49-73, 05.