Public Spending on Health and Long-term Care: A new set of projections
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Daron Acemoglu & Amy Finkelstein & Matthew J. Notowidigdo, 2013.
"Income and Health Spending: Evidence from Oil Price Shocks,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 95(4), pages 1079-1095, October.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Finkelstein, Amy & Notowidigdo, Matthew J., 2009. "Income and Health Spending: Evidence from Oil Price Shocks," CEPR Discussion Papers 7255, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Daron Acemoglu & Amy Finkelstein & Matthew J. Notowidigdo, 2009. "Income and Health Spending: Evidence from Oil Price Shocks," NBER Working Papers 14744, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Felder, Stefan & Meier, Markus & Schmitt, Horst, 2000. "Health care expenditure in the last months of life," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 679-695, September.
- Andreas Werblow & Stefan Felder & Peter Zweifel, 2007. "Population ageing and health care expenditure: a school of 'red herrings'?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(10), pages 1109-1126.
- Okunade, Albert A. & Murthy, Vasudeva N. R., 2002. "Technology as a 'major driver' of health care costs: a cointegration analysis of the Newhouse conjecture," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 147-159, January.
- Hitiris, Theo & Posnett, John, 1992. "The determinants and effects of health expenditure in developed countries," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 173-181, August.
- Peter Zweifel & Stefan Felder & Markus Meiers, 1999. "Ageing of population and health care expenditure: a red herring?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(6), pages 485-496.
- Seshamani, Meena & Gray, Alastair M., 2004. "A longitudinal study of the effects of age and time to death on hospital costs," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 217-235, March.
- Rie Fujisawa & Francesca Colombo, 2009. "The Long-Term Care Workforce: Overview and Strategies to Adapt Supply to a Growing Demand," OECD Health Working Papers 44, OECD Publishing.
- Breyer, Friedrich & Felder, Stefan, 2006.
"Life expectancy and health care expenditures: A new calculation for Germany using the costs of dying,"
Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 178-186, January.
- Friedrich Breyer & Stefan Felder, 2004. "Life Expectancy and Health Care Expenditures: A New Calculation for Germany Using the Costs of Dying," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 452, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Sogaard, Jes & Andersson, Fredrik & Jonsson, Bengt, 1992. "An econometric analysis of health care expenditure: A cross-section study of the OECD countries," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 63-84, May.
- Zhou Yang & Edward C. Norton & Sally C. Stearns, 2003. "Longevity and Health Care Expenditures," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 58(1), pages 2-10.
- Stephane Jacobzone, 2003. "Ageing and the Challenges of New Technologies: Can OECD Social and Healthcare Systems Provide for the Future?," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance, The International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics, vol. 28, pages 254-274, April.
- Joaquim Oliveira Martins & Christine de la Maisonneuve, 2007. "The drivers of public expenditure on health and long-term care: An integrated approach," OECD Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2006(2), pages 115-154.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:143:y:2017:i:c:p:186-200 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:hcarem:v:21:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10729-016-9376-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ludovico Carrino & Cristina Elisa Orso, 2014. "Eligibility and inclusiveness of Long-Term Care Institutional frameworks in Europe: a cross-country comparison," Working Papers 2014:28, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:8:p:2832-:d:162929 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rodríguez-Míguez, E. & Abellán-Perpiñán, J.M. & Alvarez, X.C. & González, X.M. & Sampayo, A.R., 2016. "The DEP-6D, a new preference-based measure to assess health states of dependency," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 210-219.
- Geyer, Johannes & Haan, Peter & Korfhage, Thorben, 2015.
"Indirect fiscal effects of long-term care insurance,"
Ruhr Economic Papers
584, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Johannes Geyer & Peter Haan & Thorben Korfhage, 2015. "Indirect Fiscal Effects of Long-Term Care Insurance," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1520, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- repec:eee:joecag:v:9:y:2017:i:c:p:156-171 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:hcarem:v:21:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10729-016-9379-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Armel Ngami & Thomas Seegmuller, 2018.
"Pollution and Growth: The Role of Pension on the Efficiency of Health and Environmental Policies,"
AMSE Working Papers
1815, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France.
- Armel Ngami & Thomas Seegmuller, 2018. "Pollution and Growth: The Role of Pension on the Efficiency of Health and Environmental Policies," Working Papers halshs-01798710, HAL.
- repec:eee:hapoch:v1_713 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsageing populations; demographic and non-demographic effects; long-term care expenditures; longevity; projection methods; public health expenditures;
- H51 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Health
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2013-07-15 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2013-07-15 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oec:ecoaab:6-en. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edoecfr.html .