Durable consumption, saving and retirement
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Hu, Sheng Cheng, 1979. "Social Security, the Supply of Labor, and Capital Accumulation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 274-283.
- Torben M. Andersen & Marias H. Gestsson, 2010. "Longevity, Growth and Intergenerational Equity - The Deterministic Case," Economics wp52, Department of Economics, Central bank of Iceland.
- Maria Chiuri & Tullio Jappelli, 2010.
"Do the elderly reduce housing equity? An international comparison,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, pages 643-663.
- Maria Chiuri & Tullio Jappelli, 2006. "Do the Elderly Reduce Housing Equity? An International Comparison," LIS Working papers 436, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Chiuri, Maria Concetta & Jappelli, Tullio, 2008. "Do the elderly reduce housing equity? An international comparison," CFS Working Paper Series 2008/20, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Maria Concetta Chiuri & Tullio Jappelli, 2006. "Do the elderly reduce housing equity? An international comparison," CSEF Working Papers 158, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- David Blake, 2004.
"The impact of wealth on consumption and retirement behaviour in the UK,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 555-576.
- Blake, David, 2002. "The impact of wealth on consumption and retirement behaviour in the UK," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24949, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Torben M. Andersen & Joydeep Bhattacharya, 2014.
"A dynamic-efficiency rationale for public investment in the health of the young,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 47(3), pages 697-719, August.
- Andersen, Torben M & Bhattacharya, Joydeep, 2012. "A Dynamic Efficiency Rationale for Public Investment in the Health of the Young," Staff General Research Papers Archive 35503, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Andersen, Torben M & Bhattacharya, Joydeep, 2013. "A Dynamic Efficiency Rationale for Public Investment in the Health of the Young," Staff General Research Papers Archive 35872, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Fang Yang, 2009.
"Consumption over the Life Cycle: How Different is Housing?,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 12(3), pages 423-443, July.
- Fang Yang, 2008. "Code and data files for "Consumption over the Life Cycle: How Different is Housing?"," Computer Codes 06-210, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Peter A. Diamond, 2005. "Taxation, Incomplete Markets, and Social Security," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262541823.
- Joao F. Cocco, 2005. "Portfolio Choice in the Presence of Housing," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(2), pages 535-567.
- Bodie, Zvi & Merton, Robert C. & Samuelson, William F., 1992.
"Labor supply flexibility and portfolio choice in a life cycle model,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 427-449.
- Zvi Bodie & Robert C. Merton & William F. Samuelson, 1992. "Labor Supply Flexibility and Portfolio Choice in a Life-Cycle Model," NBER Working Papers 3954, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andreas Werblow & Stefan Felder & Peter Zweifel, 2007. "Population ageing and health care expenditure: a school of 'red herrings'?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(10), pages 1109-1126.
- Chang, Fwu-Ranq, 1991. "Uncertain Lifetimes, Retirement and Economic Welfare," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 58(230), pages 215-232, May.
- Andersen, Torben M., 2008. "Increasing longevity and social security reforms--A legislative procedure approach," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, pages 633-646.
- Peter Zweifel & Stefan Felder & Markus Meiers, 1999. "Ageing of population and health care expenditure: a red herring?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(6), pages 485-496.
- Pecchenino, Rowena A & Pollard, Patricia S, 1997.
"The Effects of Annuities, Bequests, and Aging in an Overlapping Generations Model of Endogenous Growth,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(440), pages 26-46, January.
- Rowena A. Pecchenino & Patricia S. Pollard, 1995. "The effects of annuities, bequests, and aging in an overlapping generations model of endogenous growth," Working Papers 1995-008, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Martin Farnham & Purvi Sevak, 2007. "Housing Wealth and Retirement Timing," Working Papers wp172, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Bloom, David E. & Canning, David & Mansfield, Richard K. & Moore, Michael, 2007.
"Demographic change, social security systems, and savings,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 92-114, January.
- David Bloom & David Canning & Rick Mansfield & Michael Moore, 2006. "Demographic Change, Social Security Systems, and Savings," PGDA Working Papers 1906, Program on the Global Demography of Aging.
- David E. Bloom & David Canning & Rick Mansfield & Michael Moore, 2006. "Demographic Change, Social Security Systems, and Savings," NBER Working Papers 12621, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pierre Pestieau & Gregory Ponthiere, 2012.
"The Public Economics of Increasing Longevity,"
Hacienda Pública Española,
IEF, vol. 200(1), pages 41-74, March.
- PESTIEAU, Pierre & PONTHIERE, Grégory, 2012. "The public economics of increasing longevity," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2464, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Pierre Pestieau & Grégory Ponthière, 2012. "The public economics of increasing longevity," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" hal-00813211, HAL.
- PESTIEAU, Pierre & PONTHIERE, Grégory, 2012. "The public economics of increasing longevity," CORE Discussion Papers 2012005, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Pierre Pestieau & Grégory Ponthière, 2012. "The public economics of increasing longevity," PSE Working Papers halshs-00676492, HAL.
- Černý, Aleš & Miles, David & Schmidt, L'Ubomír, 2010.
"The impact of changing demographics and pensions on the demand for housing and financial assets,"
Journal of Pension Economics and Finance,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(03), pages 393-420, July.
- Cerny, Ales & Miles, David K & Schmidt, Lubomir, 2005. "The Impact of Changing Demographics and Pensions on The Demand for Housing and Financial Assets," CEPR Discussion Papers 5143, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Batljan, Ilija & Lagergren, Mårten, 2004. "Inpatient/outpatient health care costs and remaining years of life--effect of decreasing mortality on future acute health care demand," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 2459-2466.
- Torben M. Andersen & Marias H. Gestsson, 2010. "Longevity, Growth and Intergenerational Equity - The Deterministic Case," Economics Working Papers 2010-19, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Merton, Robert C, 1969. "Lifetime Portfolio Selection under Uncertainty: The Continuous-Time Case," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 51(3), pages 247-257, August.
- Vincent P. Crawford & David M. Lilien, 1981. "Social Security and the Retirement Decision," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 96(3), pages 505-529.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Stanley Fischer, 1989. "Lectures on Macroeconomics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262022834, January.
- Holger Kraft & Claus Munk, 2011. "Optimal Housing, Consumption, and Investment Decisions over the Life Cycle," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 1025-1041.
More about this item
KeywordsDurable consumption; Retirement; Housing; Wealth decumulation; Bequests; D91; J26; R21;
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on Decision Making
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jopoec:v:27:y:2014:i:3:p:825-840. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.