Credibility of rules and economic growth : evidence from a worldwide survey of the private sector
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Taliercio, Robert Jr., 2004. "Administrative Reform as Credible Commitment: The Impact of Autonomy on Revenue Authority Performance in Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 213-232, February.
- Mirjam Schiffer & Beatrice Weder, 2001.
"Firm Size and the Business Environment : Worldwide Survey Results,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 13988, June.
- Schiffer, M. & Weder, B., 2001. "Firm Size and the Business Environment: Worldwide Survey Results," Papers 43, World Bank - International Finance Corporation.
- Conconi, Paola & Perroni, Carlo, 2009.
"Do credible domestic institutions promote credible international agreements?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 160-170, September.
- Conconi, Paola & Perroni, Carlo, 2006. "Do Credible Domestic Institutions Promote Credible International Agreements?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5762, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paola Conconi & Carlo Perroni, 2009. "Do Credible Domestic Institutions Promote Credible International Agreements?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/98549, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Vatcharin Sirimaneetham, 2006. "Explaining policy volatility in developing countries," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 06/583, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Aboal, Diego & Noya, Nelson & Rius, Andrés, 2014. "Contract Enforcement and Investment: A Systematic Review of the Evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 322-338.
- Nikita Zakharov, 2017. "Does Corruption Hinder Investment? Evidence from Russian Regions," Discussion Paper Series 33, Department of International Economic Policy, University of Freiburg, revised Feb 2017.
- Teuea Toatu, 2002. "Unravelling the Pacific Paradox," International and Development Economics Working Papers idec02-2, International and Development Economics.
- Michel Beine & Khalid Sekkat, 2012. "Emigration and Origin Country’s Institutions: Does the Destination Country Matter?," Working Papers 675, Economic Research Forum, revised 2012.
- Cristian Dragos & Daniela Beju & Simona Dragos, 2009. "Public and Financial Institutions in Transition Economies: An Overview and Recent Evidences from Central and Eastern Europe," Managing Global Transitions, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 7(2), pages 147-170.
- Nunnenkamp, Peter, 1999. "Latin America after the currency crash in Brazil: Why the optimists may be wrong," Kiel Discussion Papers 337, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Michel Beine & Khalid Sekkat, 2013.
"Skilled migration and the transfer of institutional norms,"
IZA Journal of Migration,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 2(1), pages 1-19, December.
- Michel Beine & Khalid Sekkat, 2012. "Skilled Migration and the Transfer of Institutional Norms," Working Papers 681, Economic Research Forum, revised 2012.
- Miguel Rocha de Sousa, 2009. "Lessons from the Portuguese Political-Economic Transition to the Euro (1986-1999)," Economics Working Papers 11_2009, University of Évora, Department of Economics (Portugal).
- Nguyen, Huong, 2016. "Ease of Doing Business Reforms in Vietnam: Implications for Total Factor Productivity in Manufacturing Industries," Papers 999, World Trade Institute.
- Van Rijckeghem, Caroline & Weder, Beatrice, 2001. "Bureaucratic corruption and the rate of temptation: do wages in the civil service affect corruption, and by how much?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 307-331, August.
- Azam, Jean-Paul & Mesnard, Alice, 2003. "Civil War and the Social Contract," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 115(3-4), pages 455-475, June.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:13:y:2015:i:3:p:19173869 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brunetti, Aymo & Weder, Beatrice, 2003. "A free press is bad news for corruption," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(7-8), pages 1801-1824, August.
- Arvanitidis, Paschalis & Petrakos, George & Pavleas, Sotiris, 2007. "Determinants of economic growth: the experts’ view," Papers DYNREG20, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Tebaldi, Edinaldo & Mohan, Ramesh, 2008. "Institutions-Augmented Solow Model And Club Convergence," MPRA Paper 10386, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jochen Wicher & Theresia Theurl, 2015. "The Positive Relationship between Institutions and the Economic Development â€“ Evidence from a Panel Data Set of OECD Countries," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 13(3), pages 49-58, October.
- Conconi, Paola & Perroni, Carlo, 2015.
"Special and Differential Treatment of Developing Countries in the WTO,"
World Trade Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(01), pages 67-86, January.
- Paola Conconi & Carlo Perroni, 2014. "Special and Differential Treatment of Developing Countries in the WTO," RSCAS Working Papers 2014/60, European University Institute.
- Paola Conconi & Carlo Perroni, 2003. "Self-Enforcing International Agreements and Domestic Policy Credibility," CESifo Working Paper Series 988, CESifo Group Munich.
- Grogan, Louise & Moers, Luc, 2001. "Growth empirics with institutional measures for transition countries," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 323-344, December.
- Anselm Komla Abots, 2015. "Foreign Ownership of Firms and Corruption in Africa," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 5(3), pages 647-655.
- Cooray, Arusha & Dzhumashev, Ratbek & Schneider, Friedrich, 2017.
"How Does Corruption Affect Public Debt? An Empirical Analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 115-127.
- Arusha Cooray & Friedrich Schneider, 2013. "How Does Corruption Affect Public Debt? An Empirical Analysis," Economics working papers 2013-22, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Khalid Sekkat, 2007.
"Revisiting the relationship between governance and foreign direct investment,"
Brussels Economic Review,
ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 50(1), pages 41-61.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Khalid Sekkat, 2007. "Revisiting the relationship between governance and foreign direct investment," DULBEA Working Papers 07-13.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Axel Dreher & Thomas Herzfeld, 2005. "The Economic Costs of Corruption: A Survey and New Evidence," Public Economics 0506001, EconWPA.
- Simplice A Asongu, 2015.
"A Good Turn Deserves Another: Political Stability, Corruption and Corruption-Control,"
AccessEcon, vol. 35(4), pages 2037-2048.
- Asongu, Simplice & Nwachukwu, Jacinta, 2015. "A Good Turn Deserves Another: Political Stability, Corruption and Corruption-Control," MPRA Paper 69446, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Simplice Asongu & Jacinta C. Nwachukwu, 2015. "A Good Turn Deserves Another: Political Stability, Corruption and Corruption-Control," Working Papers 15/039, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Harbi, Sana El & Anderson, Alistair R., 2010. "Institutions and the shaping of different forms of entrepreneurship," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 436-444, June.
- Ke-young Chu, 2010. "Collective Values, Behavioural Norms and Rules Building Institutions for Economic Growth and Poverty Reduction," Working Papers id:3018, eSocialSciences.
- Hallward-Driemeier, Mary, 2001. "Firm-level survey provides data on Asia's corporate crisis and recovery," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2515, The World Bank.
- Alberto Alesina & Beatrice Weder, 2002.
"Do Corrupt Governments Receive Less Foreign Aid?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 1126-1137, September.
- Alberto Alesina & Beatrice Weder, 1999. "Do Corrupt Governments Receive Less Foreign Aid?," NBER Working Papers 7108, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alesina, Alberto & Weder, Beatrice, 2002. "Do Corrupt Governments Receive Less Foreign Aid?," Scholarly Articles 4553011, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Iman van Lelyveld & Arnold Schilder, 2002.
"Risk in Financial Conglomerates: Management and Supervision,"
Research Series Supervision (discontinued)
49, Netherlands Central Bank, Directorate Supervision.
- Iman van Lelyveld & Arnold Schilder, 2003. "Risk in Financial Conglomerates: Management and Supervision," Finance 0301006, EconWPA.
- Huang, Yasheng, 2005. "Are Foreign Firms Privileged By Their Host Governments? Evidence From The 2000 World Business Environment Survey," Working papers 4538-04, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Takahiro Sato & Atsushi Kato, 2014. "Greasing the Wheels? The Effect of Corruption in Regulated Manufacturing Sectors of India," Discussion Paper Series DP2014-07, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Azam, Jean-Paul & Ris, Catherine, 2001. "Rent-sharing, hold-up, and manufacturing wages in Cote d'Ivoire," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2600, The World Bank.
- László Bruszt, 2002. "MARKET MAKING AS STATE MAKING: Constitutions and Economic Development in Post-communist Eastern Europe," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 53-72, March.
- repec:bap:journl:170201 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hallward-Driemeier, Mary & Aterido, Reyes, 2009. "Comparing Apples with....Apples : how to make (more) sense of subjective rankings of constraints to business," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5054, The World Bank.
- Egan Patrick J.W., 2013. "R&D in the periphery? Foreign direct investment, innovation, and institutional quality in developing countries," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 15(1), pages 1-32, April.
- World Bank, 2000. "Can Africa Claim the 21st Century?," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 22962.
- R.T.A. de Haas, 2001. "Financial development and economic growth in transition economies A survey of the theoretical and empirical literature," Research Series Supervision (discontinued) 35, Netherlands Central Bank, Directorate Supervision.
- Saha, Shrabani & Gounder, Rukmani, 2013. "Corruption and economic development nexus: Variations across income levels in a non-linear framework," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 70-79.
- Karoline S. Rogge & Elisabeth Dütschke, 2017. "Exploring Perceptions of the Credibility of Policy Mixes: The Case of German Manufacturers of Renewable Power Generation Technologies," SPRU Working Paper Series 2017-23, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Arndt Christiansen and Wolfgang Kerber & Wolfgang Kerber, 2006. "Competition Policy with Optimally Differentiated Rules Instead of "Per se Rules vs. Rule of Reason"," Marburg Working Papers on Economics 200606, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Aymo Brunetti & Beatrice Weder, 1998. "Investment and institutional uncertainty: A comparative study of different uncertainty measures," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 134(3), pages 513-533, September.
- Rahman, Aminur & Kisunko, Gregory & Kapoor, Kapil, 2000. "Estimating the effects of corruption - implications for Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2479, The World Bank.
- Bosco, Bruno, 2016. "Old and new factors affecting corruption in Europe: Evidence from panel data," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 66-85.
- Andrew Williams & Abu Siddique, 2008. "The use (and abuse) of governance indicators in economics: a review," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 131-175, May.
- BRUNETTI, AYMO AART OLIVER & Kisunko,Gregory & Weder,Beatrice Silvia, 1997. "Institutional obstacles to doing business : region-by-region results from a worldwide survey of the private sector," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1759, The World Bank.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:69:y:2018:i:c:p:103-113 is not listed on IDEAS
- Basareva Vera, 2002. "Institutional Peculiarities of Small Business in Russia's Regions," EERC Working Paper Series 02-02e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Brunetti, Aymo & Kisunko, Gregory & Weder, Beatrice, 1997. "Institutions in transition : reliability of rules and economic performance in former Socialist countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1809, The World Bank.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/11683 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dzhumashev, Ratbek, 2008. "Corruption and regulatory burden," MPRA Paper 2081, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anselm komla Abotsi, 2016. "Theory of Foreign Direct Investment and Corruption," International Journal of Asian Social Science, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 6(6), pages 359-378, June.
- Aron, Janine, 2000. "Growth and Institutions: A Review of the Evidence," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 15(1), pages 99-135, February.
- Kodila Tedika, Oasis, 2012.
"Consequences De La Corruption : Panorama Empirique
[Consequences of Corruption : Empirical survey]," MPRA Paper 41482, University Library of Munich, Germany.