The Dominant-Firm Advantage in Multiproduct Industries: Evidence from the U. S. Airlines
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhang, Anming & Czerny, Achim I., 2012. "Airports and airlines economics and policy: An interpretive review of recent research," Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 15-34.
- Forbes, Silke J., 2008. "The effect of air traffic delays on airline prices," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 1218-1232, September.
- Suzuki, Yoshinori & Tyworth, John E. & Novack, Robert A., 2001. "Airline market share and customer service quality: a reference-dependent model," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 773-788, November.
- Austan Goolsbee & Chad Syverson, 2008.
"How Do Incumbents Respond to the Threat of Entry? Evidence from the Major Airlines,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 123(4), pages 1611-1633.
- Austan Goolsbee & Chad Syverson, 2004. "How Do Incumbents Respond to the Threat of Entry? Evidence from the Major Airlines," Working Papers 04-04, NET Institute, revised Dec 2004.
- Austan Goolsbee & Chad Syverson, 2005. "How do Incumbents Respond to the Threat of Entry? Evidence from the Major Airlines," NBER Working Papers 11072, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luttmann, Alexander, 2019. "Evidence of directional price discrimination in the U.S. airline industry," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 291-329.
- Bilotkach, Volodymyr & Lakew, Paulos Ashebir, 2014. "On sources of market power in the airline industry: Panel data evidence from the US airports," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 288-305.
- David Encaoua, 1996. "Ouverture à la concurrence des activités en réseau. Le cas du transport aérien européen," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 47(6), pages 1269-1296.
- Matsushima, Noriaki & Matsumura, Toshihiro, 2006.
"Mixed oligopoly, foreign firms, and location choice,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 753-772, November.
- Noriaki Matsushima & Toshihiro Matsumura, 2005. "Mixed Oligopoly, Foreign Firms, and Location Choice," Discussion Papers 2005-21, Kobe University, Graduate School of Business Administration.
- Matakos, Konstantinos & Savolainen, Riikka & Troumpounis, Orestis & Tukiainen, Janne & Xefteris, Dimitrios, 2018. "Electoral Institutions and Intraparty Cohesion," Working Papers 109, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Volodymyr Bilotkach & Vivek Pai, 2016. "Hubs versus Airport Dominance," Transportation Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(1), pages 166-179, February.
- Anne Lange & Werner Delfmann, 2017. "Network concentration indices for less-than-truckload transportation," Transportation, Springer, vol. 44(6), pages 1475-1497, November.
- Huasheng Song & Ruqu Wang & Jianliang Ye, 2018. "Scarce human resources and equilibrium industry structure," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 124(2), pages 99-119, June.
- Richard D. Wang & J. Myles Shaver, 2014. "Competition-driven repositioning," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(11), pages 1585-1604, November.
- Gayle, Philip G. & Wu, Chi-Yin, 2013.
"A re-examination of incumbents’ response to the threat of entry: Evidence from the airline industry,"
Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 119-130.
- Gayle, Philip & Wu, Chi-Yin, 2012. "A Re-examination of Incumbents’ Response to the Threat of Entry: Evidence from the Airline Industry," MPRA Paper 52850, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2013.
- Mark G. Lijesen & Piet Rietveld & Peter Nijkamp, 2000. "Do European Carriers dominate their Hubs?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 00-071/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Susanne Wied-Nebbeling, 2007. "Fringe firms: Are they better off in a heterogeneous market?," Working Paper Series in Economics 31, University of Cologne, Department of Economics.
- Agostini, Claudio A. & Inostroza, Diego & Willington, Manuel, 2015. "Price effects of airlines frequent flyer programs: The case of the dominant firm in Chile," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 283-297.
- Mara Lederman, 2007. "Do enhancements to loyalty programs affect demand? The impact of international frequent flyer partnerships on domestic airline demand," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 38(4), pages 1134-1158, December.
- Eric K. Clemons & Il-Horn Hann & Lorin M. Hitt, 2002. "Price Dispersion and Differentiation in Online Travel: An Empirical Investigation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(4), pages 534-549, April.
- Stephen Gibbons & Wenjie Wu, 2017. "Airports, Market Access and Local Economic Performance: Evidence from China," SERC Discussion Papers 0211, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Joshua S. Gans & Avi Goldfarb & Mara Lederman, 2017. "Exit, Tweets, and Loyalty," Working Papers 2017-009, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Ha, Hun-Koo & Wan, Yulai & Yoshida, Yuichiro & Zhang, Anming, 2013. "Airline market structure and airport efficiency: Evidence from major Northeast Asian airports," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 32-42.
- Du, Yan & McMullen, B. Starr & Kerkvliet, Joe R., 2008. "The economic impact of the ATA/Southwest Airlines code-share agreement," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 51-60.
- Lijesen, Mark G. & Rietveld, Piet & Nijkamp, Peter, 2001. "Hub premiums in European civil aviation," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 193-199, July.
- Gayle Philip G. & Wu Chi-Yin, 2014.
"On the Extent to which the Presence of Intermediate-stop(s) Air Travel Products Influences the Pricing of Nonstop Air Travel Products,"
Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 13(3), pages 355-395, September.
- Gayle, Philip & Wu, Chi-Yin, 2015. "On the Extent to which the Presence of Intermediate-stop(s) Air Travel Products Influences the Pricing of Nonstop Air Travel Products," MPRA Paper 64190, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Olivier Armantier & Oliver Richard, 2000. "An Empirical Model of Entry Across Airline Routes with Incomplete Information and Demand Synergies," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1771, Econometric Society.
- Philip G. Gayle, 2013. "On the Efficiency of Codeshare Contracts between Airlines: Is Double Marginalization Eliminated?," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 5(4), pages 244-273, November.
- Katherine A. Duliba & Robert J. Kauffman & Henry C. Lucas, 2001. "Appropriating Value from Computerized Reservation System Ownership in the Airline Industry," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(6), pages 702-728, December.
- Péter Eső & Volker Nocke & Lucy White, 2010. "Competition for scarce resources," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 41(3), pages 524-548, September.
- Paul Joskow & Roger Noll, 2013. "Alfred E. Kahn, 1917–2010," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 42(2), pages 107-126, March.
- Hashem Salarzadeh Jenatabadi & Peyman Babashamsi & Datis Khajeheian & Nader Seyyed Amiri, 2016. "Airline Sustainability Modeling: A New Framework with Application of Bayesian Structural Equation Modeling," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(11), pages 1-17, November.
- Austan Goolsbee & David B. Gross, 1997. "Estimating Adjustment Costs with Data on Heterogeneous Capital Goods," NBER Working Papers 6342, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zizhuo Wang & Yinyu Ye, 2016. "Hidden-City Ticketing: The Cause and Impact," Transportation Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(1), pages 288-305, February.
- Severin Borenstein, 1992. "The Evolution of U.S. Airline Competition," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 45-73, Spring.
- Steven Berry & Michael Carnall & Pablo T. Spiller, 1996. "Airline Hubs: Costs, Markups and the Implications of Customer Heterogeneity," NBER Working Papers 5561, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier Armantier & Oliver Richard, 2008. "Domestic airline alliances and consumer welfare," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 39(3), pages 875-904, September.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Lee, Darin & Singer, Ethan S., 2013. "Airline competition and domestic US airfares: A comprehensivereappraisal," Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 1-17.
- Anming Zhang & Yimin Zhang & Joseph A. Clougherty, 2011. "Competition and Regulation in Air Transport," Chapters, in: André de Palma & Robin Lindsey & Emile Quinet & Roger Vickerman (ed.),A Handbook of Transport Economics, chapter 35, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Gibbons, Stephen & Wu, Wenjie, 2017. "Airports, market access and local economic performance: Evidence from China," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 83630, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Matthew Grennan & Charu Gupta & Mara Lederman, 2018. "Firm Scope and Spillovers from New Product Innovation: Evidence from Medical Devices," NBER Working Papers 25183, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Claudio Agostini, 2005. "El Mercado de Transporte AÃ©reo: Lecciones para Chile de una RevisiÃ³n de la Literatura," ILADES-UAH Working Papers inv163, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Business.
- Martin, Juan Carlos & Román, Concepción, 2003. "Hub location in the South-Atlantic airline market: A spatial competition game," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 865-888, December.