Refundability and Price: Empirical Analysis on the Airline Industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Escobari, Diego & Jindapon, Paan, 2014.
"Price discrimination through refund contracts in airlines,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 1-8.
- Escobari, Diego & Jindapon, Paan, 2014. "Price Discrimination through Refund Contracts in Airlines," MPRA Paper 53629, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marc Möller & Makoto Watanabe, 2010. "Advance Purchase Discounts Versus Clearance Sales," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 120(547), pages 1125-1148, September.
- Alberto A. Gaggero & Claudio A. Piga, 2011.
"Airline Market Power and Intertemporal Price Dispersion,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(4), pages 552-577, December.
- Alberto A. Gaggero & Claudio A. Piga, 2009. "Airline Market Power and Intertemporal Price Dispersion," Discussion Paper Series 2009_10, Department of Economics, Loughborough University, revised Jul 2009.
- Borenstein, Severin & Rose, Nancy L, 1994.
"Competition and Price Dispersion in the U.S. Airline Industry,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(4), pages 653-683, August.
- Severin Borenstein & Nancy L. Rose, 1991. "Competition and Price Dispersion in the U.S. Airline Industry," NBER Working Papers 3785, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James D. Dana Jr., 1998. "Advance-Purchase Discounts and Price Discrimination in Competitive Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(2), pages 395-422, April.
- Nocke, Volker & Peitz, Martin & Rosar, Frank, 2011.
"Advance-purchase discounts as a price discrimination device,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 146(1), pages 141-162, January.
- Nocke, Volker & Peitz, Martin, 2008. "Advance-Purchase Discounts as a Price Discrimination Device," CEPR Discussion Papers 6664, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Courty, Pascal, 2003. "Ticket Pricing under Demand Uncertainty," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(2), pages 627-652, October.
- Pascal Courty & Li Hao, 2000. "Sequential Screening," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 67(4), pages 697-717.
- Gale, Ian L & Holmes, Thomas J, 1993.
"Advance-Purchase Discounts and Monopoly Allocation of Capacity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 83(1), pages 135-146, March.
- Gale, I.L. & Holmes, T.J., 1990. "Advance-Purchase Discounts And Monopoly Allocation Of Capacity," Working papers 9005, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Kristopher S. Gerardi & Adam Hale Shapiro, 2009. "Does Competition Reduce Price Dispersion? New Evidence from the Airline Industry," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 117(1), pages 1-37, February.
- Manuel A. Hernandez & Steven N. Wiggins, 2014. "Nonlinear Pricing Strategies And Competitive Conditions In The Airline Industry," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(2), pages 539-561, April.
- Steven L. Puller & Anirban Sengupta & Steven N. Wiggins, 2009. "Testing Theories of Scarcity Pricing in the Airline Industry," NBER Working Papers 15555, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dana, James D, Jr, 2001. "Monopoly Price Dispersion under Demand Uncertainty," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 42(3), pages 649-670, August.
- Akan, Mustafa & Ata, Barış & Dana, James D., 2015. "Revenue management by sequential screening," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 159(PB), pages 728-774.
- James D. Dana Jr., 1999. "Equilibrium Price Dispersion Under Demand Uncertainty: The Roles of Costly Capacity and Market Structure," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 30(4), pages 632-660, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marc Möller & Makoto Watanabe, 2016.
"Competition in the presence of individual demand uncertainty,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 47(2), pages 273-292, May.
- Marc Möller & Makoto Watanabe, 2013. "Competition in the Presence of Individual Demand Uncertainty," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-185/V, Tinbergen Institute.
- Marc Möller & Makoto Watanabe, 2013. "Competition in the Presence of Individual Demand Uncertainty," CESifo Working Paper Series 4490, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
KeywordsPrice discrimination; Refundability; Competition; Airline industry;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L93 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Air Transportation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2011-11-28 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-MKT-2011-11-28 (Marketing)
- NEP-URE-2011-11-28 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sgo:wpaper:1107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jung Hur). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/risogkr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.