The Silicon Valley-Hsinchu Connection: Technical Communities and Industrial Upgrading
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manning, Stephan, 2013. "New Silicon Valleys or a new species? Commoditization of knowledge work and the rise of knowledge services clusters," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 379-390.
- Ouyang, Hongwu Sam, 2006. "Agency problem, institutions, and technology policy: Explaining Taiwan's semiconductor industry development," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 1314-1328, November.
- Wilson Suzigan & João Furtado & Renato Garcia, 2007.
"Designing Policies for Local Production Systems: A Methodology Based on Evidence from Brazil,"
ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics], vol. 8(1), pages 161-186.
- Wilson Suzigan & João Furtado & Renato Garcia, 2005. "Designing Policies For Local Production Systems: A Methodology Based On Evidence From Brazil," Anais do XXXIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 33rd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 129, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Silke Uebelmesser & Marcel Gérard, 2014.
"Financing Higher Education when Students and Graduates are Internationally Mobile,"
Jena Economic Research Papers
2014-009, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Marcel GERARD & Silke UEBELMESSER, 2014. "Financing Higher Education when Students and Graduates are Internationally Mobile," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2014010, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Alejandra Marin & Ronald Mitchell & Jae Lee, 2015. "The Vulnerability and Strength Duality in Ethnic Business: A Model of Stakeholder Salience and Social Capital," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 130(2), pages 271-289, August.
- Isabel Diez-Vial & Angeles Montoro-Sanchez, 2017. "Research evolution in science parks and incubators: foundations and new trends," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 110(3), pages 1243-1272, March.
- Sonderegger, Petra & Täube, Florian, 2010. "Cluster life cycle and diaspora effects: Evidence from the Indian IT cluster in Bangalore," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 383-397, December.
- repec:spr:scient:v:79:y:2009:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-007-2032-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jiang, Guohua & Kotabe, Masaaki & Hamilton, Robert D. & Smith, Sheryl Winston, 2016. "Early internationalization and the role of immigration in new venture survival," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1285-1296.
- Aya Okada, 2009. "Innovation through Long-distance Conversations? Lessons from Offshoring-based Software Clusters in Bangalore," Working Papers id:2300, eSocialSciences.
- Zander, Ivo, 2004. "The microfoundations of cluster stickiness--walking in the shoes of the entrepreneur," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 151-175.
- Daniel You-Ren Yang & Neil M. Coe, 2009. "The Governance of Global Production Networks and Regional Development: A Case Study of Taiwanese PC Production Networks," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 30-53.
- K. C. Fung & Nathalie Aminian & Chris Y. Tung, 2016. "Some characteristics of innovation activities: Silicon Valley, California, China and Taiwan," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 49(2), pages 221-240, August.
- repec:spr:scient:v:88:y:2011:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-011-0427-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pietrobelli, Carlo & Rabellotti, Roberta, 2011. "Global Value Chains Meet Innovation Systems: Are There Learning Opportunities for Developing Countries?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 1261-1269, July.
- Morosini, Piero, 2004. "Industrial Clusters, Knowledge Integration and Performance," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 305-326, February.
- Tsu-Lung Chou & Jung-Ying Chang & Te-Chuan Li, 2014. "Government Support, FDI Clustering and Semiconductor Sustainability in China: Case Studies of Shanghai, Suzhou and Wuxi in the Yangtze Delta," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(9), pages 1-27, August.
- Tzeng, Cheng-Hua, 2008. "Developing high-technology latecomer firms to compete internationally: A three-sector growth model," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 190-206, June.
- Kesidou, Effie & Romijn, Henny, 2008.
"Do Local Knowledge Spillovers Matter for Development? An Empirical Study of Uruguay's Software Cluster,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 2004-2028, October.
- Effie Kesidou & Henny Romijn, 2006. "Do Local Knowledge Spillovers Matter for Development? An Empirical Study of Uruguay’s Software Cluster," Working Papers 06-11, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies, revised Oct 2006.
- René Belderbos & Helen S. Du & Anthony Goerzen, 2017.
"Global Cities, Connectivity, and the Location Choice of MNC Regional Headquarters,"
Journal of Management Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(8), pages 1271-1302, December.
- Rene Belderbos & Helen S. Du & Anthony Goerzen, 2017. " Global cities, connectivity, and the location choice of MNC regional headquarters," Working Papers Department of Managerial Economics, Strategy and Innovation (MSI) 589986, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Managerial Economics, Strategy and Innovation (MSI).
- Laurids S. Lauridsen, 2014. "Governance and Economic Transformation in Taiwan: The Role of Politics," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 32(4), pages 427-448, July.
- Kenney, Martin & Breznitz, Dan & Murphree, Michael, 2013. "Coming back home after the sun rises: Returnee entrepreneurs and growth of high tech industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 391-407.
- Bent Dalum & Christian Ø.R. Pedersen & Gert Villumsen, 2002. "Technoligical Life Cycles Regional Clusters Facing Disruption," DRUID Working Papers 02-10, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- repec:eee:respol:v:47:y:2018:i:5:p:886-900 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yusuf, Shahid & Nabeshima, Kaoru, 2005. "Japan's changing industrial landscape," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3758, The World Bank.
- Barnard, Helena & Cowan, Robin & Muller, Moritz, 2016.
"On the value of foreign PhDs in the developing world: Training versus selection effects,"
MERIT Working Papers
006, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Helena Barnard & Robin Cowan & Moritz Müller, 2016. "On the value of foreign PhDs in the developing world: Training versus selection effects," Working Papers of BETA 2016-04, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Barnard, Helena & Cowan, Robin & Müller, Moritz, 2016. "On the value of foreign PhDs in the developing world: Training versus selection effects," Working Paper Series in Economics 82, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Department of Economics and Business Engineering.
- repec:spr:scient:v:99:y:2014:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-013-1226-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Kim, Younghwan & Kim, Wonjoon & Yang, Taeyong, 2012. "The effect of the triple helix system and habitat on regional entrepreneurship: Empirical evidence from the U.S," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 154-166.
- Liu, John Jen-wei & Ray, Pradeep Kanta, 2012. "The ‘Triple-alliance’ perspective for new industry creation: Lessons from the flat panel industry in Taiwan," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 585-599.
- Hansen , Teis & Coenen , Lars, 2013. "The Geography of Sustainability Transitions: A Literature Review," Papers in Innovation Studies 2013/39, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Markus Grillitsch & Magnus Nilsson, 2015.
"Innovation in peripheral regions: Do collaborations compensate for a lack of local knowledge spillovers?,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 54(1), pages 299-321, January.
- Grillitsch , Markus & Nilsson , Magnus, 2014. "Innovation in peripheral regions: Do collaborations compensate for a lack of local knowledge spillovers?," Papers in Innovation Studies 2014/33, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Andrea Bonaccorsi & Cinzia Daraio, 2013. "Knowledge spillover effects at the sub-regional level. Theory and estimation," DIAG Technical Reports 2013-13, Department of Computer, Control and Management Engineering, Universita' degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza".
- Anders Malmberg & Peter Maskell, 2006. "Localized Learning Revisited," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(1), pages 1-18.
- Margarida Fontes, 2005. "Distant networking: The knowledge acquisition strategies of 'out-cluster' biotechnology firms," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(6), pages 899-920, September.
- Teis Hansen, 2014. "Juggling with Proximity and Distance: Collaborative Innovation Projects in the Danish Cleantech Industry," Economic Geography, Clark University, vol. 90(4), pages 375-402, October.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:2:p:289-:d:128443 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chia-Lin Chang & Stéphane Robin, 2012.
"Knowledge sourcing and firm performance in an industrializing economy: the case of Taiwan (1992–2003),"
Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 947-986, June.
- Chang, Chia-Lin & Robin, Stéphane, 2010. "Knowledge sourcing and firm performance in an industrializing economy: The case of Taiwan (1992-2003)," MPRA Paper 27913, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Le Bas, Christian & Latham, William & Volodin, Dmitry, 2014. "Productivité et mobilité des inventeurs prolifiques : une approche comparative des systèmes d’innovation de quatre grands pays asiatiques (Chine, Corée, Japon, Taiwan)," Revue de la Régulation - Capitalisme, institutions, pouvoirs, Association Recherche et Régulation, vol. 15.
- Der-Shiuan Lee & Breandán Ó Huallacháin, 2012. "Spatial Network-based and Regional Proximity in US Biotechnology," Chapters,in: Creative Knowledge Cities, chapter 12 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Yukiko Murakami, 2014. "Influences of return migration on international collaborative research networks: cases of Japanese scientists returning from the US," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 39(4), pages 616-634, August.
- Chung, Henry F.L. & Tung, Rosalie L., 2013. "Immigrant social networks and foreign entry: Australia and New Zealand firms in the European Union and Greater China," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 18-31.
- Chung, Henry F.L. & Rose, Ellen & Huang, Pei-how, 2012. "Linking international adaptation strategy, immigrant effect, and performance: The case of home–host and cross-market scenario," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 40-58.
- Breandán hUallacháin & Der-Shiuan Lee, 2014. "Urban centers and networks of co-invention in American biotechnology," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 52(3), pages 799-823, May.
- Yuandi Wang & Lutao Ning & Jian Li & Martha Prevezer, 2016. "Foreign Direct Investment Spillovers and the Geography of Innovation in Chinese Regions: The Role of Regional Industrial Specialization and Diversity," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(5), pages 805-822, May.
- Albert Guangzhou Hu, 2015. "Innovation and Economic Growth in East Asia: An Overview," Asian Economic Policy Review, Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 10(1), pages 19-37, January.
- Wallsten, Scott, 2005. "Regulation and Internet Use in Developing Countries," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(2), pages 501-523, January.
- Andersson, Martin & Klinthäll, Martin, 2012. "The opening of the North–South divide: Cumulative causation, household income disparity and the regional bonus in Taiwan 1976–2005," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 170-179.
- Martinez, Candace & Cummings, Michael E. & Vaaler, Paul M., 2015. "Economic informality and the venture funding impact of migrant remittances to developing countries11Please contact Paul M. Vaaler regarding this paper. This research benefitted from a presentation at ," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, pages 526-545.
- Qin, Fei, 2015. "Global talent, local careers: Circular migration of top Indian engineers and professionals," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 405-420.
- Li, Peter Ping, 2007. "Toward an integrated theory of multinational evolution: The evidence of Chinese multinational enterprises as latecomers," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 296-318, September.
- Flor Brown-Grossman & Lilia Domínguez-Villalobos, 2012. "Can Mexico Set Up in the Aerospace and the Software and IT Global Value Chains as a High-Value-Added Player?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4265, Inter-American Development Bank.