Cluster life cycle and diaspora effects: Evidence from the Indian IT cluster in Bangalore
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gilles Duranton & Diego Puga, 2001.
"Nursery Cities: Urban Diversity, Process Innovation, and the Life Cycle of Products,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1454-1477, December.
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2000. "Nursery cities: urban diversity, process innovation and the life-cycle of products," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20204, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2000. "Nursery Cities: Urban Diversity, Process Innovation, and the Life-Cycle of Products," CEPR Discussion Papers 2376, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gilles Duranton & Diego Puga, 2000. "Nursery Cities: Urban diversity, process innovation, and the life-cycle of products," Working Papers dpuga-00-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Gilles Duranton & Diego Puga, 2000. "Nursery Cities: Urban Diversity, Process Innovation and the Life-Cycle of Products," CEP Discussion Papers dp0445, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Arora, Ashish & Arunachalam, V. S. & Asundi, Jai & Fernandes, Ronald, 2001. "The Indian software services industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1267-1287, October.
- Paul Almeida & Bruce Kogut, 1999. "Localization of Knowledge and the Mobility of Engineers in Regional Networks," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(7), pages 905-917, July.
- Anders Malmberg & Peter Maskell, 2002. "The elusive concept of localization economies: towards a knowledge-based theory of spatial clustering," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 34(3), pages 429-449, March.
- Barras, Richard, 1986. "Towards a theory of innovation in services," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 161-173, August.
- Maskell, Peter, 2001. "Towards a Knowledge-Based Theory of the Geographical Cluster," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 921-943, December.
- William R. Kerr, 2008.
"Ethnic Scientific Communities and International Technology Diffusion,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 90(3), pages 518-537, August.
- William R. Kerr, 2005. "Ethnic Scientific Communities and International Technology Diffusion," Harvard Business School Working Papers 06-022, Harvard Business School, revised Apr 2007.
- Edward M. Bergman, 2007. "Cluster Life-Cycles: An Emerging Synthesis," SRE-Disc sre-disc-2007_04, Institute for Multilevel Governance and Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Arthur, W Brian, 1989. "Competing Technologies, Increasing Returns, and Lock-In by Historical Events," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(394), pages 116-131, March.
- Eric von Hippel, 2007. "Horizontal innovation networks—by and for users," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 293-315, April.
- Folta, Timothy B. & Cooper, Arnold C. & Baik, Yoon-suk, 2006. "Geographic cluster size and firm performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 217-242, March.
- Yeung, Henry Wai-chung & Liu, Weidong & Dicken, Peter, 2006. "Transnational corporations and network effects of a local manufacturing cluster in mobile telecommunications equipment in China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 520-540, March.
- Alexander Oettl & Ajay Agrawal, 2008. "International labor mobility and knowledge flow externalities," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 39(8), pages 1242-1260, December.
- Chiarvesio, Maria & Di Maria, Eleonora & Micelli, Stefano, 2004. "From local networks of SMEs to virtual districts?: Evidence from recent trends in Italy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1509-1528, December.
- Utterback, James M & Abernathy, William J, 1975. "A dynamic model of process and product innovation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 3(6), pages 639-656, December.
- David, Paul A, 1985. "Clio and the Economics of QWERTY," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 332-337, May.
- Audretsch, David B, 1998.
"Agglomeration and the Location of Innovative Activity,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 18-29, Summer.
- Audretsch, David B, 1998. "Agglomeration and the Location of Innovative Activity," CEPR Discussion Papers 1974, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Srilata Zaheer & Anna Lamin & Mani Subramani, 2009. "Cluster capabilities or ethnic ties? Location choice by foreign and domestic entrants in the services offshoring industry in India," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 40(6), pages 944-968, August.
- Balaji Parthasarathy, 2004. "India's Silicon Valley or Silicon Valley's India? Socially Embedding the Computer Software Industry in Bangalore," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(3), pages 664-685, September.
- Marco Giarratana & Alessandro Pagano & Salvatore Torrisi, 2003. "Links Between Multinational Firms and Domestic Firms: a Comparison of the Software Industry in India, Ireland and Israel," LEM Papers Series 2003/22, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Bewley, Truman, 2002. "Interviews as a valid empirical tool in economics," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 343-353.
- Baptista, Rui & Swann, Peter, 1998. "Do firms in clusters innovate more?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 525-540, September.
- Harald Bathelt, 2005. "Cluster Relations in the Media Industry: Exploring the 'Distanced Neighbour' Paradox in Leipzig," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 105-127.
- Ajay Agrawal & Devesh Kapur & John McHale, 2007. "Birds of a Feather - Better Together? Exploring the Optimal Spatial Distribution of Ethnic Inventors," NBER Working Papers 12823, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stuart, Toby & Sorenson, Olav, 2003. "The geography of opportunity: spatial heterogeneity in founding rates and the performance of biotechnology firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 229-253, February.
- Klepper, Steven, 1996. "Entry, Exit, Growth, and Innovation over the Product Life Cycle," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 562-583, June.
- Dossani, Rafiq & Kenney, Martin, 2002. "Creating an Environment for Venture Capital in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 227-253, February.
- Saxenian, AnnaLee & Hsu, Jinn-Yuh, 2001. "The Silicon Valley-Hsinchu Connection: Technical Communities and Industrial Upgrading," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 893-920, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- D'Ambrosio, Anna & Montresor, Sandro & Parrilli, Mario Davide & Quatraro, Francesco, 2017.
"Migration, communities-on-the-move and international innovation networks: An empirical analysis of Spanish regions,"
Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio
201701, University of Turin.
- D'Ambrosio, Anna & Montresor, Sandro & Parrilli, Mario Davide & Quatraro, Francesco, 2017. "Migration, communities-on-the-move and international innovation networks: An empirical analysis of Spanish regions," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201701, University of Turin.
- Karna, Amit & Florian A. Taeube & Petra Sonderegger, 2014. "Economic Geography and Networks: Role of local and non-local ties in Cluster Evolution," IIMA Working Papers WP2014-12-01, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Hill, T.L. & Mudambi, Ram, 2010. "Far from Silicon Valley: How emerging economies are re-shaping our understanding of global entrepreneurship," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 321-327, December.
- Upadhyayula, Rajesh S. & Dhandapani, Karthik & Karna, Amit, 2017. "The Role of Cluster Presence and Quality Certification in Internationalization and Performance of Offshore Service Providers," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 72-86.
- Qin, Fei, 2015. "Global talent, local careers: Circular migration of top Indian engineers and professionals," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 405-420.
- Kothari, Tanvi & Lahiri, Somnath, 2012. "Yesterday, today and tomorrow: An overview of research publications in the Journal of International Management," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 102-110.
- Ron Boschma, 2017. "Relatedness as driver behind regional diversification: a research agenda," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1702, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jan 2017.
- Maria Elo, 2015. "Diaspora networks in international business: a review on an emerging stream of research," Chapters,in: Handbook on International Alliance and Network Research, chapter 1, pages 13-41 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Manning, Stephan, 2013. "New Silicon Valleys or a new species? Commoditization of knowledge work and the rise of knowledge services clusters," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 379-390.
- Fundeanu Daniela, 2015. "Quality Audit Of The Cluster Management, Instrument Of Accreditation At European Level," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 4, pages 126-133, August.
More about this item
KeywordsCluster life cycle Diaspora Local networks small ethnic world Bangalore;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intman:v:16:y:2010:i:4:p:383-397. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/601266/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.