The New Mobility of Knowledge: Digital Information Systems and Global Flagship Networks
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dieter Ernst, 2003. "The New Mobility of Knowledge: Digital Information Systems and Global Flagship Networks," Economics Study Area Working Papers 56, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ernst Dieter & Ravenhill John, 1999. "Globalization, Convergence, and the Transformation of International Production Networks in Electronics in East Asia," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 35-62, December.
- Ernst, Dieter & Ravenhill, John, 1999. "Globalization, Convergence, and the Transformation of International Production Networks in Electronics in East Asia," Business and Politics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(1), pages 35-62, April.
- K. J. Arrow, 1971. "The Economic Implications of Learning by Doing," Palgrave Macmillan Books, in: F. H. Hahn (ed.), Readings in the Theory of Growth, chapter 11, pages 131-149, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Zanfei, Antonello, 2000. "Transnational Firms and the Changing Organisation of Innovative Activities," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(5), pages 515-542, September.
- Shin-Horng Chen, 2002. "Global Production Networks and Information Technology: The Case of Taiwan," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 249-265.
- Shin-Horng Chen, 2002. "Global Production Networks and Information Technology: The Case of Taiwan," Economics Study Area Working Papers 46, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boy Luthje, 2002. "Electronics Contract Manufacturing: Global Production and the International Division of Labor in the Age of the Internet," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 227-247.
- Dieter Ernst & Boy Luethje, 2003. "Global Production Networks, Innovation, and Work: Why Chip and System Design in the IT Industry are Moving to Asia," Economics Study Area Working Papers 63, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Sonderegger, Petra & Täube, Florian, 2010. "Cluster life cycle and diaspora effects: Evidence from the Indian IT cluster in Bangalore," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 383-397, December.
- Ernst, Dieter & Kim, Linsu, 2002. "Global production networks, knowledge diffusion, and local capability formation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8-9), pages 1417-1429, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Dieter Ernst, 2002. "Digital Information Systems and Global Flagship Networks: How Mobile is Knowledge in the Global Network Economy," Economics Study Area Working Papers 48, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Dieter Ernst & Linsu Kim, 2001. "Global Productions Networks, Knowledge Diffusion, and Local Capability Formation. A Conceptual Framework," Economics Study Area Working Papers 19, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- René Belderbos & Jianglei Zou, 2006. "Foreign Investment, Divestment and Relocation by Japanese Electronics Firms in East Asia," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Julius H. Johnson, Jr. & Dinesh A. Mirchandani & Seng-Su Tsang, 2008. "Competitive Dynamics, Global Industry Cycles, Integration-Responsiveness, and Financial Performance in Emerging and Industrialized Country Markets," International Journal of Business and Economics, School of Management Development, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 7(1), pages 61-88, April.
- Dieter Ernst & Jan Fagerberg & Jarle Hildrum, 2002.
"Do Global Production Networks and Digital Information Systems Make Knowledge Spatially Fluid?,"
Economics Study Area Working Papers
43, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Jan Fagerberg & Jarle Hildrum, 2002. "Do global production networks and digital information systems make Knowledge spatially fluid?," Working Papers 13, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Johnson, Julius H. & Arya, Bindu & Mirchandani, Dinesh A., 2013. "Global integration strategies of small and medium multinationals: Evidence from Taiwan," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 47-57.
- Shin-Horng Chen & Meng-Chun Liu, 2005. "International R&D Deployment and Locational Advantage of Developing Countries: A Case Study of Taiwan," NBER Chapters, in: International Trade in East Asia, pages 81-108, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bang-Ning Hwang & Chi-Yo Huang & Chih-Hsiung Wu, 2016. "A TOE Approach to Establish a Green Supply Chain Adoption Decision Model in the Semiconductor Industry," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 8(2), pages 1-30, February.
- Chen, Shin-Horng & Wen, Pei-Chang, 2016. "Post Catch-up with Market Cultivation and Product Servicizing: Case of Taiwan's Transportation Equipment Industries," AGI Working Paper Series 2016-16, Asian Growth Research Institute.
- Michael C. Haung & Nobuhiro Hosoe, 2016. "Computable General Equilibrium Assessment Of A Compound Disaster In Northern Taiwan," Review of Urban & Regional Development Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(2), pages 89-106, July.
- Chen, Shin-Horng, 2004. "Taiwanese IT firms' offshore R&D in China and the connection with the global innovation network," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 337-349, March.
- Michael C. Huang & Nobuhiro Hosoe, 2014. "A General Equilibrium Assessment on a Compound Disaster in Northern Taiwan," GRIPS Discussion Papers 14-06, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Liu, Ting-Kun & Chen, Jong-Rong & Huang, Cliff C.J. & Yang, Chih-Hai, 2013. "E-commerce, R&D, and productivity: Firm-level evidence from Taiwan," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 272-283.
- Yi-Chia Chiu & Hsien-Che Lai & Yi-Ching Liaw & Tai-Yu Lee, 2010. "Technological scope: diversified or specialized," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 82(1), pages 37-58, January.
- Chao-Tung Wen & Jun-Ming Chen, 2014. "Taiwan: linkage-based Clusters of Innovation – the case of Taiwan’s IT industry," Chapters, in: Jerome S. Engel (ed.), Global Clusters of Innovation, chapter 9, pages 222-246, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Yi-Min Chen & Feng-Jyh Lin, 2010. "The Persistence of Superior Performance at Industry and Firm Levels: Evidence from the IT Industry in Taiwan," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(5), pages 469-486.
- Hezron M. Osano & Pauline W. Koine, 2016. "Role of foreign direct investment on technology transfer and economic growth in Kenya: a case of the energy sector," Journal of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 1-25, December.
- Dieter Ernst, 2001. "Global Production Networks and Industrial Upgrading - A Knowledge-Centered Approach," Economics Study Area Working Papers 25, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Shin-Horng Shen & Meng-Chun Liu & Hui-Tzu Shih, 2003. "R&D Services and Global Production Networks: A Taiwanese Perspective," Economics Study Area Working Papers 52, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Chen-Lung Chin & Picheng Lee & Hsin-Yi Chi & Asokan Anandarajan, 2006. "Patent Citation, R&D Spillover, and Tobin's Q: Evidence from Taiwan Semiconductor Industry," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 67-84, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ewc:wpaper:wp30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ewchius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Brenda Higashimoto The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Brenda Higashimoto to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ewchius.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.