Do global production networks and digital information systems make Knowledge spatially fluid?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dieter Ernst & Jan Fagerberg & Jarle Hildrum, 2002. "Do Global Production Networks and Digital Information Systems Make Knowledge Spatially Fluid?," Economics Study Area Working Papers 43, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dieter Ernst, 1998.
"High-Tech competition puzzles - How globalization affects firm behavior and market structure in the electronics industry,"
Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 85(1), pages 9-30.
- Dieter Ernst, 1997. "High-Tech Competition Puzzles. How Globalization Affects Firm Behavior and Market Structure in the Electronics Industry," DRUID Working Papers 97-9, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Ernst Dieter & Ravenhill John, 1999. "Globalization, Convergence, and the Transformation of International Production Networks in Electronics in East Asia," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 35-62, December.
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1994. "Technology and International Differences in Growth Rates," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 1147-1175, September.
- Ancori, Bernard & Bureth, Antoine & Cohendet, Patrick, 2000. "The Economics of Knowledge: The Debate about Codification and and Tacit Knowledge," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 255-287, June.
- Steinmueller, W Edward, 2000. "Will New Information and Communication Technologies Improve the 'Codification' of Knowledge?," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 361-376, June.
- Ernst, Dieter & Ravenhill, John, 1999. "Globalization, Convergence, and the Transformation of International Production Networks in Electronics in East Asia," Business and Politics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(1), pages 35-62, April.
- Boy Luethje, 2001. "Electronics Contract Manufacturing: Transnational Production Networks, the Internet, and Knowledge Diffusion in Low-Cost Locatinos in Asia and Eastern Europe," Economics Study Area Working Papers 18, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- William MILBERG, 2004. "The changing structure of trade linked to global production systems: What are the policy implications?," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 143(1-2), pages 45-90, March.
- Milberg, William., 2004. "The changing structure of international trade linked to global production systems : what are the policy implications?," ILO Working Papers 993701203402676, International Labour Organization.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:370120 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kosacoff, Bernardo & López, Andrés & Pedrazzoli, Mara, 2008. "Trade, investment and fragmentation of the global market: is Latin America lagging behind?," Estudios y Perspectivas – Oficina de la CEPAL en Buenos Aires 39, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Simona Iammarino, 2005. "An evolutionary integrated view of Regional Systems of Innovation: Concepts, measures and historical perspectives," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 497-519, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Dieter Ernst & Linsu Kim, 2001. "Global Productions Networks, Knowledge Diffusion, and Local Capability Formation. A Conceptual Framework," Economics Study Area Working Papers 19, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- René Belderbos & Jianglei Zou, 2006. "Foreign Investment, Divestment and Relocation by Japanese Electronics Firms in East Asia," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Prencipe, Andrea & Tell, Fredrik, 2001. "Inter-project learning: processes and outcomes of knowledge codification in project-based firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1373-1394, December.
- Emanuele Giovannetti & Karsten Neuhoff & Giancarlo Spagnolo, 2007. "Trust And Virtual Districts: Evidence From The Milan Internet Exchange," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(3), pages 436-456, July.
- Dieter Ernst, 2002. "Digital Information Systems and Global Flagship Networks: How Mobile is Knowledge in the Global Network Economy," Economics Study Area Working Papers 48, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Simona Iammarino & Cecilia Jona-Lasinio & Susanna Mantegazza, 2005. "Productivity, Ict and Regional Disparities in Italy," QA - Rivista dell'Associazione Rossi-Doria, Associazione Rossi Doria, issue 3, July.
- Dieter Ernst, 2001.
"The New Mobility of Knowledge: Digital Information Systems and Global Flagship Networks,"
Economics Study Area Working Papers
30, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Dieter Ernst, 2003. "The New Mobility of Knowledge: Digital Information Systems and Global Flagship Networks," Economics Study Area Working Papers 56, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Heijs, Joost, 2003. "Freerider behaviour and the public finance of R&D activities in enterprises: the case of the Spanish low interest credits for R&D," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 445-461, March.
- Jan Fagerberg & Martin Srholec, 2017.
"Global Dynamics, Capabilities and the Crisis,"
Economic Complexity and Evolution, in: Andreas Pyka & Uwe Cantner (ed.), Foundations of Economic Change, pages 83-106,
- Carlos Martin-Rios, 2016. "Innovative management control systems in knowledge work: a middle manager perspective," Journal of Management Control: Zeitschrift für Planung und Unternehmenssteuerung, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 181-204, May.
- Jarle Hildrum & Dieter Ernst & Jan Fagerberg, 2011.
"The Complex Interaction between Global Production Networks, Digital Information Systems and International Knowledge Transfers,"
Chapters, in: Cristiano Antonelli (ed.), Handbook on the Economic Complexity of Technological Change, chapter 16,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jarle Hildrum & Dieter Ernst & Jan Fagerberg, 2010. "The complex interaction between Global Production Networks, Digital Information Systems and International Knowledge Transfers," ICER Working Papers 07-2010, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Fedderke, J.W. & Bogetic, Z., 2009.
"Infrastructure and Growth in South Africa: Direct and Indirect Productivity Impacts of 19 Infrastructure Measures,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1522-1539, September.
- Johannes Fedderke & Å½eljko Bogetic, 2005. "Infrastructure and Growth in South Africa: Direct and Indirect Productivity Impacts of 19 Infrastructure Measures," Working Papers 39, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Fedderke, Johannes W. & Bogetic & Zeljko, 2006. "Infrastructure and growth in South Africa : direct and indirect productivity impacts of 19 infrastructure measures," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3989, The World Bank.
- Kevin S. Nell & A.P. Thirlwall, 2017.
"Why does the productivity of investment vary across countries?,"
PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 70(282), pages 213-245.
- Kevin S. Nell & A.P. Thirlwall, 2017. "Why Does the Productivity of Investment Vary Across Countries?," Studies in Economics 1703, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Riccardo Crescenzi & Carlo Pietrobelli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2012.
"Innovation Drivers, Value Chains and the Geography of Multinational Firms in European Regions,"
LEQS – LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series
53, European Institute, LSE.
- Riccardo Crescenzi & Carlo Pietrobelli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2012. "Innovation Drivers, Value Chains and the Geography of Multinational Firms in European Regions," Europe in Question Discussion Paper Series of the London School of Economics (LEQs) 3, London School of Economics / European Institute.
- Crescenzi, Riccardo & Pietrobelli, Carlo & Rabellotti, Roberta, 2012. "Innovation drivers, value chains and the geography of multinational firms in European regions," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 53193, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Fabrice Comptour, 2010.
"Do clusters generate greater innovation and growth? An analysis of European regions,"
2010-15, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Fabrice Comptour, 2011. "Do Clusters Generate Greater Innovation and Growth? An analysis of European Regions," Bruges European Economic Research Papers 21, European Economic Studies Department, College of Europe.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 2017.
"Digital knowledge generation and the appropriability trade-off,"
Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(10), pages 991-1002.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 2017. "Digital Knowledge Generation and the Appropriability Trade-Off," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 201705, University of Turin.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 2017. "Digital Knowledge Generation and the Appropriability Trade-Off," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201713, University of Turin.
- Singh, Anuraag & Triulzi, Giorgio & Magee, Christopher L., 2021. "Technological improvement rate predictions for all technologies: Use of patent data and an extended domain description," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(9).
- Lorenz, Steffi, 2015. "Diversität und Verbundenheit der unternehmerischen Wissensbasis: Ein neuartiger Messansatz mit Indikatoren aus Innovationsprojekten," Discussion Papers on Strategy and Innovation 15-01, Philipps-University Marburg, Department of Technology and Innovation Management (TIM).
- Viktoria Maria Baumeister & Leonie Petra Kuen & Maike Bruckes & Gerhard Schewe, 2021. "The Relationship of Work-Related ICT Use With Well-being, Incorporating the Role of Resources and Demands: A Meta-Analysis," SAGE Open, , vol. 11(4), pages 21582440211, November.
- Nooteboom, B. & Bogenrieder, I.M., 2003. "Change Of Routines: A Multi-Level Analysis," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2003-029-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tik:wpaper:13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/tkuiono.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: H&kon Normann (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/tkuiono.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.