The changing structure of international trade linked to global production systems : what are the policy implications?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James R. Tybout, 2000.
"Manufacturing Firms in Developing Countries: How Well Do They Do, and Why?,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 38(1), pages 11-44, March.
- Tybout, James, 1998. "Manufacuring firms in developing countries - how well do they do, and why?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1965, The World Bank.
- James Tybout, 1998. "Manufacturing Firms In Developing Countries: How Well Do They Do, And Why?," Development and Comp Systems 9805004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James Tybout, 1999. "Manufacturing Firms in Developing Countries: How Well Do They Do, and Why?," Development and Comp Systems 9906001, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Jun 1999.
- Bennett Harrison & Maryellen R. Kelley, 1993. "Outsourcing and the Search for `Flexibility'," Work, Employment & Society, British Sociological Association, vol. 7(2), pages 213-235, June.
- Peter Nolan & Dylan Sutherland & Jin Zhang, 2002. "The Challenge of the Global Business Revolution," Contributions to Political Economy, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(1), pages 91-110, December.
- Williamson, Oliver, 2009.
"The Theory of the Firm as Governance Structure: From Choice to Contract,"
Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 6, pages 111-134, December.
- Oliver E. Williamson, 2002. "The Theory of the Firm as Governance Structure: From Choice to Contract," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(3), pages 171-195, Summer.
- Singh, Ajit & Dhumale, Rahul, 1999. "Competition policy and development: key issues for developing countries – a briefing," MPRA Paper 53478, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Robert C. Feenstra, 1998.
"Integration of Trade and Disintegration of Production in the Global Economy,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 12(4), pages 31-50, Fall.
- Robert C. Feenstra, "undated". "Integration Of Trade And Disintegration Of Production In The Global Economy," Department of Economics 98-06, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Robert Feenstra, 2003. "Integration Of Trade And Disintegration Of Production In The Global Economy," Working Papers 244, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Bacha, Edmar L., 1978. "An interpretation of unequal exchange from Prebisch-Singer to Emmanuel," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 319-330, December.
- Manuel Agosin & Roberto Machado, 2005.
"Foreign Investment in Developing Countries: Does it Crowd in Domestic Investment?,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 149-162.
- Manuel R. AGOSIN & Ricardo MAYER, 2000. "Foreign Investment In Developing Countries, Does It Crowd In Domestic Investment?," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 146, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- David Kucera & William Milberg, 2003. "Deindustrialization and changes in manufacturing trade: Factor content calculations for 1978–1995," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 139(4), pages 601-624, December.
- Dieter Ernst & Jan Fagerberg & Jarle Hildrum, 2002.
"Do Global Production Networks and Digital Information Systems Make Knowledge Spatially Fluid?,"
Economics Study Area Working Papers
43, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Jan Fagerberg & Jarle Hildrum, 2002. "Do global production networks and digital information systems make Knowledge spatially fluid?," Working Papers 13, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Jörg Mayer & Arunas Butkevicius & Ali Kadri & Juan Pizarro, 2004.
"Dynamic products in world exports,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 140(3), pages 762-795, September.
- Jörg Mayer & Arunas Butkevicius & Ali Kadri & Juan Pizarro, 2003. "Dynamic products in world exports," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 139(4), pages 762-795, December.
- Feenstra, Robert C. & Hanson, Gordon H., 1997.
"Foreign direct investment and relative wages: Evidence from Mexico's maquiladoras,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3-4), pages 371-393, May.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Gordon H. Hanson, 1995. "Foreign Direct Investment and Relative Wages: Evidence from Mexico's Maquiladoras," NBER Working Papers 5122, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arndt, Sven W., 1997. "Globalization and the open economy," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 71-79.
- Ng, Francis & Yeats, Alexander, 1999. "Production sharing in East Asia : who does what for whom, and why?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2197, The World Bank.
- Jack Glen & Kevin Lee & Ajit Singh, 2003.
"Corporate profitability and the dynamics of competition in emerging markets: a time series analysis,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(491), pages 465-484, November.
- Jack Glen & Kevin Lee & Ajit Singh, 2002. "Corporate profitability and the dynamics of competition in emerging markets: a time series analysis," Working Papers wp248, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Gerald Epstein & Elissa Braunstein, 2002.
"Bargaining Power and Foreign Direct Investment in China: Can 1.3 Billion Consumers Tame the Multinationals?,"
wp45, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Elissa Braunstein & Gerald Epstein, 2002. "Bargaining Power and Foreign Direct Investment in China: Can 1.3 Billion Consumers Tame the Multinationals?," SCEPA working paper series. SCEPA's main areas of research are macroeconomic policy, inequality and poverty, and globalization. 2002-13, Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis (SCEPA), The New School.
- Joaquim Oliveira Martins & Stefano Scarpetta, 1999. "The Levels and Cyclical Behaviour of Mark-ups Across Countries and Market Structures," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 213, OECD Publishing.
- Bengt Holmstrom & John Roberts, 1998. "The Boundaries of the Firm Revisited," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(4), pages 73-94, Fall.
- Bernard Hoekman & Peter Holmes, 1999. "Competition Policy, Developing Countries and the WTO," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(6), pages 875-893, August.
- Akyuz, Yilmaz & Gore, Charles, 1996. "The investment-profits nexus in East Asian industrialization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 461-470, March.
- Dunning, John H., 2000. "The eclectic paradigm as an envelope for economic and business theories of MNE activity," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 163-190, April.
- Chaudhuri, T. Datta & Adhikari, Smita, 1993. "Free trade zones with Harris-Todaro unemployment A note on Young-Miyagiwa," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 157-162, June.
- Wheeler, David & Mody, Ashoka, 1992. "International investment location decisions : The case of U.S. firms," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 57-76, August.
- Donald J. Robbins, 1996. "Evidence on Trade and Wages in the Developing World," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 119, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- William MILBERG & Deborah WINKLER, 2011.
"Economic and social upgrading in global production networks: Problems of theory and measurement,"
International Labour Review,
International Labour Organization, vol. 150(3-4), pages 341-365, December.
- William Milberg & Deborah Winkler, 2012. "Economic and Social Upgrading in Global Production Networks: Problems of Theory and Measurement," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series ctg-2010-04, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- World Bank, 2014. "Trading Up to High Income : Turkey Country Economic Memorandum," World Bank Other Operational Studies 19320, The World Bank.
- Alessandro Nicita & Victor Ognivtsev & Miho Shirotori, 2013. "Global Supply Chains: Trade And Economic Policies For Developing Countries," UNCTAD Blue Series Papers 55, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Sumangala Damodaran, 2013. "New strategies of industrial organization: outsourcing and consolidation in the mobile telecom sector in India," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series ctg-2013-32, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Janis Kapler, "undated". "The Theory of the Firm, the Theory of Competition and the Transnational Corporation," Working Papers 6, University of Massachusetts Boston, Economics Department.
- Reinhard Schumacher, 2013. "Deconstructing the Theory of Comparative Advantage," World Economic Review, World Economics Association, vol. 2013(2), pages 1-83, February.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:413008 is not listed on IDEAS
- Silva, Ester G. & Teixeira, Aurora A.C., 2008.
"Surveying structural change: Seminal contributions and a bibliometric account,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 273-300, December.
- Ester Gomes da Silva & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2006. "Surveying structural change: seminal contributions and a bibliometric account," FEP Working Papers 232, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Benhassine, Najy & Raballand, Gaël, 2009. "Beyond ideological cleavages: A unifying framework for industrial policies and other public interventions," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 293-309, December.
- Daria Taglioni & Deborah Winkler, 2016.
"Making Global Value Chains Work for Development,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 24426, May.
- repec:era:wpaper:dp-2015-51 is not listed on IDEAS
- Staritz, Cornelia, 2012. "Value chains for development? Potentials and limitations of global value chain approaches in donor interventions," Working Papers 31, Österreichische Forschungsstiftung für Internationale Entwicklung (ÖFSE) / Austrian Foundation for Development Research.
- Kosacoff, Bernardo & López, Andrés & Pedrazzoli, Mara, 2008. "Trade, investment and fragmentation of the global market: is Latin America lagging behind?," Estudios y Perspectivas – Oficina de la CEPAL en Buenos Aires 39, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Ernst, Christoph. & Sanchez-Ancochea, Diego., 2008. "Offshoring and employment in the developing world : the case of Costa Rica," ILO Working Papers 994130083402676, International Labour Organization.
- James Heintz, 2014. "Jobs, Justice and Development: A Review of Working Hard, Working Poor," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 45(4), pages 799-811, July.
More about this item
Keywordstrade structure; international relocation of industry; trend; developed countries; developing countries; globalization; structure du commerce international; délocalisation industrielle; tendance; pays développés; pays en développement; mondialisation; estructura comercial; reubicación internacional de industrias; tendencia; países desarrollados; países en desarrollo; globalización;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ilo:ilowps:993701203402676. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ilounch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.