Global Productions Networks, Knowledge Diffusion, and Local Capability Formation. A Conceptual Framework
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ernst Dieter & Ravenhill John, 1999. "Globalization, Convergence, and the Transformation of International Production Networks in Electronics in East Asia," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 35-62, December.
- Bruce Kogut & Udo Zander, 1993. "Knowledge of the Firm and the Evolutionary Theory of the Multinational Corporation," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 24(4), pages 625-645, December.
- Ernst, Dieter & Ravenhill, John, 1999. "Globalization, Convergence, and the Transformation of International Production Networks in Electronics in East Asia," Business and Politics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(1), pages 35-62, April.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1998. "The Institutions of Governance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 75-79, May.
- Zanfei, Antonello, 2000. "Transnational Firms and the Changing Organisation of Innovative Activities," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(5), pages 515-542, September.
- Udo Zander & Bruce Kogut, 1995. "Knowledge and the Speed of the Transfer and Imitation of Organizational Capabilities: An Empirical Test," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(1), pages 76-92, February.
- Linsu Kim, 1998. "Crisis Construction and Organizational Learning: Capability Building in Catching-up at Hyundai Motor," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 9(4), pages 506-521, August.
- Boy Luethje, 2001. "Electronics Contract Manufacturing: Transnational Production Networks, the Internet, and Knowledge Diffusion in Low-Cost Locatinos in Asia and Eastern Europe," Economics Study Area Working Papers 18, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Bruce Kogut & Nalin Kulatilaka, 1994. "Operating Flexibility, Global Manufacturing, and the Option Value of a Multinational Network," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(1), pages 123-139, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fucai Lu & Wei He & Yang Cheng & Sihua Chen & Liang Ning & Xiaoan Mei, 2015. "Exploring the Upgrading of Chinese Automotive Manufacturing Industry in the Global Value Chain: An Empirical Study Based on Panel Data," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 7(5), pages 1-23, May.
- Dieter Ernst, 2004. "Searching for a New Role in East Asian Regionlization: Japanese Production Networks in the Electronics Industry," Economics Study Area Working Papers 68, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Huasheng Zhu & Yue Ding, 2017. "Going Public and Industrial Upgrading of Traditional Clusters in Developing Countries: Rethinking the Dynamics of the ‘Jinjiang Model’ in China," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 9(11), pages 1-18, November.
- Tiwari, Rajnish & Buse, Stephan & Herstatt, Cornelius, 2007. "Innovation via global route: Proposing a reference model for chances and challenges of global innovation processes," Working Papers 49, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
- Henderson, Jeffrey, 2002. "Globalisation on the Ground: Global Production Networks, Competition, Regulation and Economic Development," Centre on Regulation and Competition (CRC) Working papers 30605, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Annalee Saxenian, 2002. "Transnational Communities and the Evolution of Global Production Networks: The Cases of Taiwan, China and India," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 183-202.
- Adilson Giovanini & Wallace Marcelino Pereira & Kleverton Clóvis de Oliveira Saath, 2020. "Intermediate services’ impact on capital goods production [Contribuição dos serviços intermediários na produção de bens de capital]," Nova Economia, Economics Department, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (Brazil), vol. 30(1), pages 203-230, January-A.
- Boy Luethje, 2004. "Global Production Networks and Industrial Upgrading in China: The Case in Electronics Contract Manufacturing," Economics Study Area Working Papers 74, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Iammarino, Simona & Padilla-Pérez, Ramon & von Tunzelmann, Nick, 2008. "Technological Capabilities and Global-Local Interactions: The Electronics Industry in Two Mexican Regions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1980-2003, October.
- Basant, Rakesh, 2003. "US-India Technology Co-operation and Capability Building: The Role of Inter-firm Alliances in Knowledge Based Industries," IIMA Working Papers WP2003-02-01, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Rakesh Basant, 2003. "U.S.-India Technology Cooperation and Capability Building: The Role of Inter-Firm Alliances in Knowledge-Based Industries," Economics Study Area Working Papers 53, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Padilla-Pérez, Ramón, 2008. "A regional approach to study technology transfer through foreign direct investment: The electronics industry in two Mexican regions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 849-860, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Dieter Ernst, 2001. "Global Production Networks and Industrial Upgrading - A Knowledge-Centered Approach," Economics Study Area Working Papers 25, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- René Belderbos & Jianglei Zou, 2006. "Foreign Investment, Divestment and Relocation by Japanese Electronics Firms in East Asia," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Scaringella, Laurent & Burtschell, François, 2017. "The challenges of radical innovation in Iran: Knowledge transfer and absorptive capacity highlights — Evidence from a joint venture in the construction sector," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 151-169.
- Dieter Ernst & Jan Fagerberg & Jarle Hildrum, 2002.
"Do Global Production Networks and Digital Information Systems Make Knowledge Spatially Fluid?,"
Economics Study Area Working Papers
43, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Jan Fagerberg & Jarle Hildrum, 2002. "Do global production networks and digital information systems make Knowledge spatially fluid?," Working Papers 13, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Dieter Ernst, 2002. "Digital Information Systems and Global Flagship Networks: How Mobile is Knowledge in the Global Network Economy," Economics Study Area Working Papers 48, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Ernst, Dieter & Kim, Linsu, 2002. "Global production networks, knowledge diffusion, and local capability formation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8-9), pages 1417-1429, December.
- Dieter Ernst, 2001.
"The New Mobility of Knowledge: Digital Information Systems and Global Flagship Networks,"
Economics Study Area Working Papers
30, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Dieter Ernst, 2003. "The New Mobility of Knowledge: Digital Information Systems and Global Flagship Networks," Economics Study Area Working Papers 56, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Kaufmann, Lutz & Roessing, Soenke, 2005. "Managing conflict of interests between headquarters and their subsidiaries regarding technology transfer to emerging markets--a framework," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 235-253, August.
- Latukha, M. & Veselova, A. & Selivanovskikh, L. & Artukh, E. & Mitskevich, E., 2016. "Re-thinking the role of talent management in a firm’s performance: Talent management practices and absorptive capacity," Working Papers 6442, Graduate School of Management, St. Petersburg State University.
- Klaus E. Meyer & Chengguang Li & Andreas P. J. Schotter, 0. "Managing the MNE subsidiary: Advancing a multi-level and dynamic research agenda," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 0, pages 1-39.
- Frenz, Marion & Ietto-Gillies, Grazia, 2009. "The impact on innovation performance of different sources of knowledge: Evidence from the UK Community Innovation Survey," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 1125-1135, September.
- Demeter, Krisztina & Szász, Levente & Rácz, Béla-Gergely, 2016. "The impact of subsidiaries’ internal and external integration on operational performance," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 182(C), pages 73-85.
- Sofka, Wolfgang, 2007. "What Makes Foreign Knowledge Attractive to Domestic Innovation Managers?," ZEW Discussion Papers 07-055, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Alice Lam, 2003.
"Organizational Learning in Multinationals: R&D Networks of Japanese and US MNEs in the UK,"
Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 673-703, May.
- Alice Lam, 2003. "Organisational Learning in Multinationals R&D networks of Japanese and U.S. MNEs in the U.K," DRUID Working Papers 03-03, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Rajneesh Narula & Andrea MartÃnez-Noya, 2014.
"International R&D Alliances by Firms: Origins and Development,"
John H Dunning Centre for International Business Discussion Papers
jhd-dp2014-06, Henley Business School, University of Reading.
- Narula, R. & Martinez-Noya, A., 2014. "International R&D alliances by firms: Origins and development," MERIT Working Papers 2014-058, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Lam, Alice, 2008. "The Tacit Knowledge Problem in Multinational Corporations: Japanese and US Offshore Knowledge Incubators," MPRA Paper 11487, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Burmeister, Anne & Lazarova, Mila B. & Deller, Jürgen, 2018. "Repatriate knowledge transfer: Antecedents and boundary conditions of a dyadic process," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 806-816.
- O'Higgins, Ciara & Andreeva, Tatiana & Goya, Nekane Aramburu, 2022. "The hows and whys of foreign operation mode combinations: The role of knowledge processes," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 57(2).
- Marshall S. Jiang & Preet S. Aulakh & Yigang Pan, 2007. "The nature and determinants of exclusivity rights in international technology licensing," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 47(6), pages 869-893, December.
- Li, Xiaoqing & Roberts, Joanne & Yan, Yanni & Tan, Hui, 2014. "Knowledge sharing in China–UK higher education alliances," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 343-355.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ewc:wpaper:wp19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ewchius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Brenda Higashimoto The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Brenda Higashimoto to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ewchius.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.