Electronics Contract Manufacturing: Transnational Production Networks, the Internet, and Knowledge Diffusion in Low-Cost Locatinos in Asia and Eastern Europe
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sturgeon, Timothy J., 1997. "Turnkey Production Networks: A New American Model of Industrial Organization?," UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, Working Paper Series qt2095c9d0, UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, UC Berkeley.
- Dieter Ernst, 2000. "Placing the Networks on the Web: Challenges and Opportunities for Managing in Developing Asia," Economics Study Area Working Papers 05, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Gereffi, Gary, 1999. "International trade and industrial upgrading in the apparel commodity chain," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 37-70, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dieter Ernst & Linsu Kim, 2001. "Global Productions Networks, Knowledge Diffusion, and Local Capability Formation. A Conceptual Framework," Economics Study Area Working Papers 19, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Dieter Ernst & Jan Fagerberg & Jarle Hildrum, 2002.
"Do Global Production Networks and Digital Information Systems Make Knowledge Spatially Fluid?,"
Economics Study Area Working Papers
43, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Jan Fagerberg & Jarle Hildrum, 2002. "Do global production networks and digital information systems make Knowledge spatially fluid?," Working Papers 13, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Valeria Costantini & Francesco Crespi & Giovanni Marin & Elena Paglialunga, 2016. "Eco-innovation, sustainable supply chains and environmental performance in European industries," LEM Papers Series 2016/19, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Epede, Mesumbe Bianca & Wang, Daoping, 2022. "Global value chain linkages: An integrative review of the opportunities and challenges for SMEs in developing countries," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(5).
- Jan Fagerberg & Bengt-Åke Lundvall & Martin Srholec, 2018.
"Global Value Chains, National Innovation Systems and Economic Development,"
The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 30(3), pages 533-556, July.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Lundvall, Bengt-Åke & Srholec, Martin, 2017. "Global value chains, national innovation systems and economic development," Papers in Innovation Studies 2017/15, Lund University, CIRCLE - Centre for Innovation Research.
- Jan Fagerberg & Bengt-Åke Lundvall & Martin Srholec, 2017. "Global value chains, national innovation systems and economic development," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20171012, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Wei ZHAO & Rigas ARVANITIS, 2008. "L’INeGAL DeVELOPPEMENT INDUSTRIEL DE LA CHINE : CAPACITeS D’INNOVATION ET COEXISTENCE DE DIFFeRENTS MODES D’APPRENTISSAGE TECHNOLOGIQUE," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 28, pages 61-85.
- Mulvaney, Dustin & Krupnik, Timothy J., 2014. "Zero-tolerance for genetic pollution: Rice farming, pharm rice, and the risks of coexistence in California," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 125-131.
- Christel Lane & Jocelyn Probert, 2004. "Between The Global And The Local: A Comparison Of The British And German Clothing Industry," Working Papers wp283, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Thorpe, Andy & Bennett, Elizabeth, 2004. "Market-Driven International Fish Supply Chains: The Case of Nile Perch from Africa's Lake Victoria," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 7(4), pages 1-18.
- Roberta Rabellotti & Alessia Amighini, 2003. "The effect of globalisation on industrial districts in Italy: evidence from the footwear sector," ERSA conference papers ersa03p500, European Regional Science Association.
- Freddy Cepeda-Lopez & Fredy Gamboa-Estrada & Carlos León & Hernán Rincón-Castro, 2019. "Colombian liberalization and integration to world trade markets: Much ado about nothing," Borradores de Economia 1065, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Meenu Tewari & C. Veeramani, 2016. "Network Trade and Development: What Do Patterns of Vertically Specialized Trade in ASEAN Tell Us About India’s Place in Asian Production Networks?," Global Economy Journal (GEJ), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 16(2), pages 349-388, June.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala & Raveen Ekanayake, 2014. "Repositioning in the Global Apparel Value Chain in the Post-MFA Era: Strategic Issues and Evidence from Sri Lanka," Departmental Working Papers 2014-17, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Gideon Ndubuisi & Solomon Owusu, 2021.
"How important is GVC participation to export upgrading?,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(10), pages 2887-2908, October.
- Ndubuisi, Gideon & Owusu, Solomon, 2020. "How important is GVC participation to export upgrading," MERIT Working Papers 2020-026, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Nicholas A. Phelps & Andrew Wood, 2018. "Promoting the global economy: The uneven development of the location consulting industry," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 50(6), pages 1336-1354, September.
- Hamilton-Hart, Natasha & Stringer, Christina, 2016. "Upgrading and exploitation in the fishing industry: Contributions of value chain analysis," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 166-171.
- Ugo Fratesi & Andrés Rodríguez-Pose, 2016.
"The crisis and regional employment in Europe: what role for sheltered economies?,"
Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 9(1), pages 33-57.
- Ugo Fratesi & Andrés Rodríguez-Pose, 2016. "The crisis and regional employment in Europe: what role for sheltered economies?," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1601, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Feb 2016.
- Fratesi, Ugo & Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés, 2016. "The crisis and regional employment in Europe: what role for sheltered economies?," CEPR Discussion Papers 11066, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ding, Ke, 2013. "Platforms and firm capabilities : a study of emerging global value chains," IDE Discussion Papers 432, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Jennifer Bair & Gary Gereffi, 2013. "Better Work in Central America: assessing the opportunities for upgrading in Nicaragua’s apparel sector," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series ctg-2013-17, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Riccardo Crescenzi & Carlo Pietrobelli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2012.
"Innovation Drivers, Value Chains and the Geography of Multinational Firms in European Regions,"
LEQS – LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series
53, European Institute, LSE.
- Riccardo Crescenzi & Carlo Pietrobelli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2012. "Innovation Drivers, Value Chains and the Geography of Multinational Firms in European Regions," Europe in Question Discussion Paper Series of the London School of Economics (LEQs) 3, London School of Economics / European Institute.
- Crescenzi, Riccardo & Pietrobelli, Carlo & Rabellotti, Roberta, 2012. "Innovation drivers, value chains and the geography of multinational firms in European regions," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 53193, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Stephanie BARRIENTOS & Gary GEREFFI & Arianna ROSSI, 2011. "Economic and social upgrading in global production networks: A new paradigm for a changing world," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 150(3-4), pages 319-340, December.
- Viktória Endrődi-Kovács & Gábor Kutasi & Anikó Magasházi, 2018. "Visegrád Group Expertise and Position in the Samsung Global Value Chain: A Case Study of Samsung Electronics in the V4 Countries," Central European Business Review, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2018(1), pages 14-36.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ewc:wpaper:wp18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ewchius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Brenda Higashimoto The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Brenda Higashimoto to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ewchius.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.