Global Production Networks and Industrial Upgrading - A Knowledge-Centered Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bruce Kogut & Udo Zander, 1993. "Knowledge of the Firm and the Evolutionary Theory of the Multinational Corporation," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 24(4), pages 625-645, December.
- Michael Hobday, 1995. "Innovation In East Asia," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 226.
- Zanfei, Antonello, 2000. "Transnational Firms and the Changing Organisation of Innovative Activities," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(5), pages 515-542, September.
- K. J. Arrow, 1971.
"The Economic Implications of Learning by Doing,"
Palgrave Macmillan Books, in: F. H. Hahn (ed.), Readings in the Theory of Growth, chapter 11, pages 131-149,
- Kenneth J. Arrow, 1962. "The Economic Implications of Learning by Doing," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(3), pages 155-173.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1998. "The Institutions of Governance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 75-79, May.
- Udo Zander & Bruce Kogut, 1995. "Knowledge and the Speed of the Transfer and Imitation of Organizational Capabilities: An Empirical Test," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(1), pages 76-92, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Iizuka, M. & Thutupalli, A., 2014. "Globalization, the rise of biotechnology and catching up in agricultural innovation: The case of Bt technology in India," MERIT Working Papers 2014-054, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Tai-Yoo Kim & Seunghyun Kim & Jongsu Lee, 2010. "The Gene of an Accelerating Industrial Society: Expansive Reproduction," TEMEP Discussion Papers 201050, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Jan 2010.
- Shan Li & Xun Li & Wei Lang & Haohui Chen & Xiaoguang Huang, 2021. "The Spatial and Mechanism Difference in the Export Evolution of Product Space in Global Countries," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(4), pages 1-17, February.
- Yoruk, Deniz E., 2019. "Dynamics of firm-level upgrading and the role of learning in networks in emerging markets," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 341-369.
- Yohanes Kadarusman, 2012. "Knowledge Acquisition: Lessons from Local and Global Interaction in the Indonesian Consumer Electronics Sector," Institutions and Economies (formerly known as International Journal of Institutions and Economies), Faculty of Economics and Administration, University of Malaya, vol. 4(2), pages 65-100, July.
- Michiko Iizuka, 2009.
"Standards as a platform for innovation and learning in the global economy: a case study of the Chilean salmon farming industry,"
International Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(4), pages 274-293.
- Iizuka, Michiko, 2009. "Standards as a platform for innovation and learning in the global economy: a case study of Chilean salmon farming industry," MERIT Working Papers 2009-004, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Iizuka, Michiko & Katz, Jorge, 2012. "Globalization and the changing institution for sustainability: The case of the Salmon farming industry in Chile," MERIT Working Papers 2012-063, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Iizuka, Michiko & Soete, Luc, 2011. "Catching up in the 21st century: Globalization, knowledge & capabilities in Latin America, a case for natural resource based activities," MERIT Working Papers 2011-071, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Azadegan, Arash & Wagner, Stephan M., 2011. "Industrial upgrading, exploitative innovations and explorative innovations," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(1), pages 54-65, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Dieter Ernst & Linsu Kim, 2001. "Global Productions Networks, Knowledge Diffusion, and Local Capability Formation. A Conceptual Framework," Economics Study Area Working Papers 19, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Dieter Ernst, 2002.
"Global production networks and the changing geography of innovation systems. Implications for developing countries,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(6), pages 497-523.
- Dieter Ernst, 2000. "Global Production Networks and the Changing Geography of Innovation Systems: Implications for Developing Countries," Economics Study Area Working Papers 09, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Kaufmann, Lutz & Roessing, Soenke, 2005. "Managing conflict of interests between headquarters and their subsidiaries regarding technology transfer to emerging markets--a framework," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 235-253, August.
- Scaringella, Laurent & Burtschell, François, 2017. "The challenges of radical innovation in Iran: Knowledge transfer and absorptive capacity highlights — Evidence from a joint venture in the construction sector," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 151-169.
- Klaus E. Meyer & Chengguang Li & Andreas P. J. Schotter, 0. "Managing the MNE subsidiary: Advancing a multi-level and dynamic research agenda," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 0, pages 1-39.
- Frenz, Marion & Ietto-Gillies, Grazia, 2009. "The impact on innovation performance of different sources of knowledge: Evidence from the UK Community Innovation Survey," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 1125-1135, September.
- Claudio Cozza & Antonello Zanfei, 2016. "Firm heterogeneity, absorptive capacity and technical linkages with external parties in Italy," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 41(4), pages 872-890, August.
- Demeter, Krisztina & Szász, Levente & Rácz, Béla-Gergely, 2016. "The impact of subsidiaries’ internal and external integration on operational performance," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 182(C), pages 73-85.
- Sofka, Wolfgang, 2007. "What Makes Foreign Knowledge Attractive to Domestic Innovation Managers?," ZEW Discussion Papers 07-055, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Alice Lam, 2003.
"Organizational Learning in Multinationals: R&D Networks of Japanese and US MNEs in the UK,"
Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 673-703, May.
- Alice Lam, 2003. "Organisational Learning in Multinationals R&D networks of Japanese and U.S. MNEs in the U.K," DRUID Working Papers 03-03, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Rajneesh Narula & Andrea MartÃnez-Noya, 2014.
"International R&D Alliances by Firms: Origins and Development,"
John H Dunning Centre for International Business Discussion Papers
jhd-dp2014-06, Henley Business School, University of Reading.
- Narula, R. & Martinez-Noya, A., 2014. "International R&D alliances by firms: Origins and development," MERIT Working Papers 2014-058, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Lam, Alice, 2008. "The Tacit Knowledge Problem in Multinational Corporations: Japanese and US Offshore Knowledge Incubators," MPRA Paper 11487, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Burmeister, Anne & Lazarova, Mila B. & Deller, Jürgen, 2018. "Repatriate knowledge transfer: Antecedents and boundary conditions of a dyadic process," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 806-816.
- O'Higgins, Ciara & Andreeva, Tatiana & Goya, Nekane Aramburu, 2022. "The hows and whys of foreign operation mode combinations: The role of knowledge processes," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 57(2).
- Marshall S. Jiang & Preet S. Aulakh & Yigang Pan, 2007. "The nature and determinants of exclusivity rights in international technology licensing," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 47(6), pages 869-893, December.
- Li, Xiaoqing & Roberts, Joanne & Yan, Yanni & Tan, Hui, 2014. "Knowledge sharing in China–UK higher education alliances," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 343-355.
- Joshua K Ault & Aloysius Newenham-Kahindi & Sanjay Patnaik, 2021. "Trevino and Doh’s discourse-based view: Do we need a new theory of internationalization?," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 52(7), pages 1394-1406, September.
- Tippmann, Esther & Sharkey Scott, Pamela & Mangematin, Vincent, 2014.
"Subsidiary managers’ knowledge mobilizations: Unpacking emergent knowledge flows,"
Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 431-443.
- Esther Tippmann & Pamela Sharkey Scott & Vincent Mangematin, 2014. "Subsidiary managers’ knowledge mobilizations: Unpacking emergent knowledge flows," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-00864324, HAL.
- Mohammad Sharif Karimi & Andrzej Cieslik, 2017. "Foreign Knowledge Spillovers and Total Factor Productivity Growth: Evidence from Four ASEAN Countries," Iranian Economic Review (IER), Faculty of Economics,University of Tehran.Tehran,Iran, vol. 21(2), pages 267-299, Spring.
- Dieter Ernst, 2000. "Catching-Up and Post-Crisis Industrial Upgrading: Searching for New Sources of Growth in Korea's Electronics Industry," Economics Study Area Working Papers 02, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ewc:wpaper:wp25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ewchius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Brenda Higashimoto The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Brenda Higashimoto to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ewchius.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.