Developing high-technology latecomer firms to compete internationally: A three-sector growth model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bruce Kogut & Harbir Singh, 1988. "The Effect of National Culture on the Choice of Entry Mode," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 19(3), pages 411-432, September.
- Mike W Peng, 2004. "Identifying the big question in international business research," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 35(2), pages 99-108, March.
- Garilao, Ernesto D., 1987. "Indigenous NGOs as strategic institutions: Managing the relationship with government and resource agencies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(1, Supple), pages 113-120.
- Alan M Rugman & Alain Verbeke, 2003. "Extending the theory of the multinational enterprise: internalization and strategic management perspectives," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 34(2), pages 125-137, March.
- Evans, Peter B. & Tigre, Paulo Bastos, 1989. "Going beyond clones in Brazil and Korea: A comparative analysis of NIC strategies in the computer industry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(11), pages 1751-1768, November.
- Hobday, Mike, 1995. "East Asian latecomer firms: Learning the technology of electronics," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 1171-1193, July.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1992. "Technological capabilities and industrialization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 165-186, February.
- Mathews, John A., 2002. "Dragon Multinational: A New Model for Global Growth," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195121469.
- Choung, Jae-Yong & Hwang, Hye-Ran & Choi, Jin-Ho & Rim, Myung-Hwan, 2000. "Transition of Latecomer Firms from Technology Users to Technology Generators: Korean Semiconductor Firms," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 969-982, May.
- Weerawardena, Jay & Mort, Gillian Sullivan & Liesch, Peter W. & Knight, Gary, 2007. "Conceptualizing accelerated internationalization in the born global firm: A dynamic capabilities perspective," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 294-306, September.
- Evans, Peter B., 1992. "Indian informatics in the 1980s: The changing character of state involvement," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 1-18, January.
- John H Dunning, 1980. "Towards an Eclectic Theory of International Production: Some Empirical Tests," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 11(1), pages 9-31, March.
- Foster-Carter, Aidan, 1976. "From Rostow to Gunder Frank: Conflicting paradigms in the analysis of underdevelopment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 167-180, March.
- Uvin, Peter & Jain, Pankaj S. & Brown, L. David, 2000. "Think Large and Act Small: Toward a New Paradigm for NGO Scaling Up," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1409-1419, August.
- Mike Wright & Robert E. Hoskisson & Mike W. Peng, 2005. "Strategy Research in Emerging Economies: Challenging the Conventional Wisdom," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(1), pages 1-33, January.
- David L. Lindauer & Lant Pritchett, 2002. "What’s the Big Idea? The Third Generation of Policies for Economic Growth," ECONOMIA JOURNAL, THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION - LACEA, vol. 0(Fall 2002), pages 1-40, August.
- Chen, Cheng-Fen & Sewell, Graham, 1996. "Strategies for technological development in South Korea and Taiwan: the case of semiconductors," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 759-783, August.
- Dan Breznitz, 2005. "Development, flexibility and R & D performance in the Taiwanese IT industry: capability creation and the effects of state--industry coevolution," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(1), pages 153-187, February.
- S.A. Lippman & R.P. Rumelt, 1982. "Uncertain Imitability: An Analysis of Interfirm Differences in Efficiency under Competition," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(2), pages 418-438, Autumn.
- Yadong Luo & Rosalie L Tung, 2007. "International expansion of emerging market enterprises: A springboard perspective," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 38(4), pages 481-498, July.
- Peter Evans, 1998. "Transferable lessons? Re-examining the institutional prerequisites of East Asian economic policies," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(6), pages 66-86.
- Crane, Diana, 1977. "Technological innovation in developing countries: a review of the literature," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 374-395, October.
- Deng, Ping, 2004. "Outward investment by Chinese MNCs: Motivations and implications," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 8-16.
- Perez-Aleman, Paola, 2000. "Learning, Adjustment and Economic Development: Transforming Firms, The State and Associations in Chile," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 41-55, January.
- Drabek, Anne Gordon, 1987. "Development alternatives: The challenge for NGOs--an overview of the issues," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(1, Supple), pages 1-1.
- Lu, Qiwen & Lazonick, William, 2001. "The organization of innovation in a transitional economy: business and government in Chinese electronic publishing," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 55-77, January.
- Richard C. Levin & Alvin K. Klevorick & Richard R. Nelson & Sidney G. Winter, 1987. "Appropriating the Returns from Industrial Research and Development," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 18(3, Specia), pages 783-832.
- Benjamin M Oviatt & Patricia Phillips McDougall, 1994. "Toward a Theory of International New ventures," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 25(1), pages 45-64, March.
- Dahlman, Carl J. & Ross-Larson, Bruce & Westphal, Larry E., 1987. "Managing technological development: Lessons from the newly industrializing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 759-775, June.
- Federico Bonaglia & Andrea Goldstein, 2007. "Strengthening Productive Capacities in Emerging Economies through Internationalisation: Evidence from the Appliance Industry," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 262, OECD Publishing.
- Suma Athreye & Sachin Chaturvedi, 2007. "Industry Associations and Technology-based Growth in India," The European Journal of Development Research, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 156-173.
- Saxenian, AnnaLee & Hsu, Jinn-Yuh, 2001. "The Silicon Valley-Hsinchu Connection: Technical Communities and Industrial Upgrading," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 893-920, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stephanie Fernhaber, 2013. "Untangling the relationship between new venture internationalization and performance," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 220-242, September.
- David MacLaughlin & Steffanie Scott, 2010. "Overcoming latecomer disadvantage through learning processes: Taiwan’s venture into wind power development," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 389-406, June.
- Lehrer, Mark & Asakawa, Kazuhiro & Behnam, Michael, 2011. "Home base-compensating R&D: Indicators, public policy, and ramifications for multinational firms," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 42-53, March.
More about this item
KeywordsLatecomer firms Developing countries Internationalization Economic development Dynamic capabilities;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intman:v:14:y:2008:i:2:p:190-206. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/601266/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.