Citations for "The Peculiar Scale Economies of Lotto"
by Philip J. Cook & Charles T. Clotfelter
- Baucells, Manel & Weber, Martin & Welfens, Frank, 2007.
"Reference Point Formation Over Time: A Weighting Function Approach,"
Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications
07-43, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Baucells, Manel & Weber, Martin & Welfens, Frank, 2007. "Reference point formation over time : a weighting function approach," Papers 07-43, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Kent Grote & Victor Matheson, 2006.
"Dueling Jackpots: Are Competing Lotto Games Complements or Substitutes?,"
Atlantic Economic Journal,
Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 34(1), pages 85-100, March.
- Victor Matheson & Kent Grote, 2004. "Dueling Jackpots: Are Competing Lotto Games Complements or Substitutes?," Working Papers 0406, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Hamza Bahaji, 2011. "Incentives from stock option grants: a behavioral approach," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 10(3), pages 200-227, October.
- Julie Smith, 1999. "Australian Gambling Taxation," CEPR Discussion Papers 402, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Kam Yu, 2009.
"Measuring the Output and Prices of the Lottery Sector: An Application of Implicit Expected Utility Theory,"
in: Price Index Concepts and Measurement, pages 405-425
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kam Yu, 2008. "Measuring the Output and Prices of the Lottery Sector: An Application of Implicit Expected Utility Theory," NBER Working Papers 14020, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Victor A. Matheson & Kent R. Grote, 2003.
"In Search of a Fair Bet in the Lottery,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
2003-16, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Jonathan Parke & Adrian Parke, 2013. "Does Size Really Matter? A Review Of The Role Of Stake And Prize Levels In Relation To Gambling-Related Harm," Journal of Gambling Business and Economics, University of Buckingham Press, vol. 7(3), pages 77-110.
- Kliger, Doron & Levy, Ori, 2009. "Theories of choice under risk: Insights from financial markets," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 330-346, August.
- Hofer, Vera & Leitner, Johannes, 2011. "Should European gamblers play lotto in the USA?," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 215(1), pages 181-187, November.
- Walther Herbert, 2005. "Optimal Taxation of Gambling and Lotto," Working Papers geewp47, Vienna University of Economics and Business Research Group: Growth and Employment in Europe: Sustainability and Competitiveness.
- Fabbri, Marco, 2015. "Shaping tax norms through lotteries," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 8-15.
- Farrell, Lisa & Walker, Ian, 1999. "The welfare effects of lotto: evidence from the UK," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 99-120, April.
- repec:pit:wpaper:377 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hamza Bahaji, 2011. "Incentives from stock option grants: a behavioral approach," Post-Print halshs-00681611, HAL.
- Kent Grote & Victor Matheson, 2011. "The Economics of Lotteries: An Annotated Bibliography," Working Papers 1110, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Colin Camerer, 1998. "Bounded Rationality in Individual Decision Making," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 1(2), pages 163-183, September.
- Papachristou, George & Karamanis, Dimitri, 1998. "Investigating efficiency in betting markets: Evidence from the Greek 6/49 Lotto," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(12), pages 1597-1615, December.
- Brian G. Knight & Nathan Schiff, 2010.
"Spatial Competition and Cross-border Shopping: Evidence from State Lotteries,"
NBER Working Papers
15713, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brian Knight & Nathan Schiff, 2012. "Spatial Competition and Cross-Border Shopping: Evidence from State Lotteries," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 4(4), pages 199-229, November.
- Patrick Roger & Marie-Hélène Broihanne & Maxime Merli, 2012. "In search of positive skewness: the case of individual investors," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2012-04, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- George Papachristou, 2006. "Is lottery demand elasticity a reliable marketing tool? Evidence from a game innovation in greece," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 53(4), pages 627-640, December.
- Mao, Luke Lunhua & Zhang, James J. & Connaughton, Daniel P., 2015. "Sports gambling as consumption: Evidence from demand for sports lottery," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 436-447.
- Hartley, Roger & Lanot, Gauthier, 2006. "Heterogeneous demand responses to discrete price changes: an application to the purchase of lottery tickets," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 859-877, February.
- Hasret Benar & Glenn Jenkins, 2008.
"The economics of casino taxation,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(1), pages 63-73.
- Brad Humphreys & Levi Perez, 2012. "Network externalities in consumer spending on lottery games: evidence from Spain," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 929-945, June.
- Tong V. Wang & Rogier J. D. Potter van Loon & Martijn J. van den Assem & Dennie van Dolder, 2016. "Number preferences in lotteries," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 11(3), pages 243-259, May.
- Mauro Guillén & Adrian Tschoegl, 2002.
"Banking on Gambling: Banks and Lottery-Linked Deposit Accounts,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 21(3), pages 219-231, June.
- Mauro F. Guillén & Adrian E. Tschoegl, 2001. "Banking on Gambling: Banks and Lottery-Linked Deposit Accounts," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 00-25, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Thomas A. Garrett, 2011. "A closer look at the tax incidence of instant lottery games: an analysis by price point," Working Papers 2011-010, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Ursula Hauser-Rethaller & Ulrich König, 2002. "Parimutuel Lotteries: Gamblers' Behavior and the Demand for Tickets," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 3(2), pages 223-245, 05.
- Beenstock, Michael & Haitovsky, Yoel, 2001. "Lottomania and other anomalies in the market for lotto," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 721-744, December.
- Lim, Wooyoung & Matros, Alexander & Turocy, Theodore L., 2014. "Bounded rationality and group size in Tullock contests: Experimental evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 155-167.
- Garrett, Thomas A. & Coughlin, Cletus C., 2009.
"Inter–temporal Differences in the Income Elasticity of Demand for Lottery Tickets,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association, vol. 62(1), pages 77-99, March.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Cletus C. Coughlin, 2007. "Inter-temporal differences in the income elasticity of demand for lottery tickets," Working Papers 2007-042, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Humphreys, Brad & Perez, Levi, 2011. "Lottery Participants and Revenues: An International Survey of Economic Research on Lotteries," Working Papers 2011-17, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Natalia A. Kolesnikova, 2010. "Local price variation and the tax incidence of state lotteries," Working Papers 2010-035, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Kent Grote & Victor Matheson, 2011. "The Economics of Lotteries: A Survey of the Literature," Working Papers 1109, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Hamza Bahaji, 2011. "Incentives from stock option grants: a behavioral approach," Post-Print halshs-00681607, HAL.
- De Marchi, Neil, 1995. "The role of Dutch auctions and lotteries in shaping the art market(s) of 17th century Holland," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 203-221, October.
- Marie-Hélène Broihanne & Maxime Merli & Patrick Roger, 2016. "Diversification, gambling and market forces," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 129-157, July.
- Rebecca LeFebvre & Volker Franke, 2013. "Culture Matters: Individualism vs. Collectivism in Conflict Decision-Making," Societies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(1), pages 128-128, March.
- Beenstock, Michael & Goldin, Ephraim & Haitovsky, Yoel, 2000. "What jackpot? The optimal lottery tax," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 655-671, November.
- Victor Matheson & Kent Grote, 2009. "Spreading the Fortune: The Distribution of Lottery Prizes across Countries," Working Papers 0904, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Jim Landers, 2008. "What's the potential impact of casino tax increases on wagering handle: estimates of the price elasticity of demand for casino gaming," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 8(6), pages 1-15.
- Alexis DIRER, 2010. "Equilibrium Lottery Games and Preferences Under Risk," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 550, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Peel, D.A., 2010. "On lottery sales, jackpot sizes and irrationality: A cautionary note," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 109(3), pages 161-163, December.
- McHale, I.G. & Peel, D.A., 2010. "Habit and long memory in UK lottery sales," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 7-10, October.