Banking on Gambling: Banks and Lottery-Linked Deposit Accounts
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Mauro F. Guillén & Adrian E. Tschoegl, 2001. "Banking on Gambling: Banks and Lottery-Linked Deposit Accounts," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 00-25, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
References listed on IDEAS
- Minabe, Shigeo, 1975. "A Time Deposit with Lottery Ticket," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 30(2), pages 222-230.
- Robson, Arthur J., 1996. "The Evolution of Attitudes to Risk: Lottery Tickets and Relative Wealth," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 190-207, June.
- Aggarwal, Rajesh K & Yousef, Tarik, 2000. "Islamic Banks and Investment Financing," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(1), pages 93-120, February.
- Ng Yew Kwang, 1965. "Why do People Buy Lottery Tickets? Choices Involving Risk and the Indivisibility of Expenditure," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 530-530.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Smith, Bruce D. & Villamil, Anne P., 1998.
"Government borrowing using bonds with randomly determined returns: Welfare improving randomization in the context of deficit finance,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 351-370, April.
- Smith, B.D. & Villamil, A.P., 1991. "Government Borrowing using Bonds with Randomly Determined Returns : Welfare Improving Randomization in the Context of Deficit Finance," RCER Working Papers 287, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Cook, Philip J & Clotfelter, Charles T, 1993. "The Peculiar Scale Economies of Lotto," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(3), pages 634-643, June.
- Clotfelter, Charles T & Cook, Philip J, 1990. "On the Economics of State Lotteries," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 4(4), pages 105-119, Fall.
- Farrell, Lisa, et al, 2000. "The Demand for Lotto: The Role of Conscious Selection," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 18(2), pages 228-241, April.
- Green, Richard C & Rydqvist, Kristian, 1997. "The Valuation of Nonsystematic Risks and the Pricing of Swedish Lottery Bonds," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(2), pages 447-480.
- Clotfelter, Charles T & Cook, Philip J, 1991. "Lotteries in the Real World," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 227-232, July.
- Velde, François R. & Weir, David R., 1992. "The Financial Market and Government Debt Policy in France, 1746–1793," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 52(01), pages 1-39, March.
- Ian Walker, 1998. "The economic analysis of lotteries," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 13(27), pages 357-402, October.
- Quiggin, John, 1991. "On the Optimal Design of Lotteries," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 58(229), pages 1-16, February.
- Shapira, Zur & Venezia, Itzhak, 1992. "Size and frequency of prizes as determinants of the demand for lotteries," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 307-318, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marie Pfiffelmann, 2006. "Which Optimal Design For LLDAs?," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2006-06, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Andreas Knabe & Ronnie Schöb, 2009. "Minimum Wage Incidence: The Case for Germany," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 65(4), pages 403-441, December.
- repec:eee:jetheo:v:169:y:2017:i:c:p:707-716 is not listed on IDEAS
- Olga Bourachnikova, 2007.
"Weighting function in the behavioral portfolio theory,"
DULBEA Working Papers
07-07.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Olga Bourachnikova, 2007. "Weighting Function in the Behavioral Portfolio Theory," Working Papers CEB 07-011.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Daniel Stein & Jeremy Tobacman, 2016. "Weather Insurance Savings Accounts," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 41(4), pages 677-700, October.
- Stéphane Gauthier & Guy Laroque, 2015.
"Redistribution by Means of Lotteries,"
Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
15005, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Stéphane Gauthier & Guy Laroque, 2015. "Redistribution by Means of Lotteries," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01158155, HAL.
- Marie Pfiffelmann, 2007. "Which optimal design for lottery linked deposit," DULBEA Working Papers 07-09.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Tufano, Peter & De Neve, Jan-Emmanuel & Maynard, Nick, 2011. "U.S. consumer demand for prize-linked savings: New evidence on a new product," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 116-118, May.
- Melissa Schettini Kearney & Peter Tufano & Jonathan Guryan & Erik Hurst, 2010. "Making Savers Winners: An Overview of Prize-Linked Savings Products," NBER Working Papers 16433, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:5:y:2007:i:3:p:14567334 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gauthier, Stéphane & Laroque, Guy, 2017. "Redistribution by means of lotteries," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 707-716.
- Stéphane Gauthier & Guy Laroque, 2015. "Redistribution by Means of Lotteries," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" hal-01158155, HAL.
- Stéphane Gauthier & Laroque Guy, 2017. "Redistribution by means of lotteries," Post-Print halshs-01509733, HAL.
- Stéphane Gauthier & Guy Laroque, 2015. "Redistribution by Means of Lotteries," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 15005, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Marie Pfiffelmann, 2007. "Which Optimal Design for Lottery Linked Deposit Accounts?," Working Papers CEB 07-010.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
More about this item
KeywordsRandomized return; lottery; behavioral finance.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfsres:v:21:y:2002:i:3:p:219-231. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.