Size and frequency of prizes as determinants of the demand for lotteries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hochman, Z. & Carberry, P.S., 2011. "Emerging consensus on desirable characteristics of tools to support farmers' management of climate risk in Australia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(6), pages 441-450, July.
- Beenstock, Michael & Goldin, Ephraim & Haitovsky, Yoel, 2000. "What jackpot? The optimal lottery tax," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 655-671, November.
- Marie Pfiffelmann, 2007. "Which Optimal Design for Lottery Linked Deposit Accounts?," Working Papers CEB 07-010.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Beenstock, Michael & Haitovsky, Yoel, 2001. "Lottomania and other anomalies in the market for lotto," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 721-744, December.
- Mauro Guillén & Adrian Tschoegl, 2002.
"Banking on Gambling: Banks and Lottery-Linked Deposit Accounts,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 21(3), pages 219-231, June.
- Mauro F. Guillén & Adrian E. Tschoegl, 2001. "Banking on Gambling: Banks and Lottery-Linked Deposit Accounts," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 00-25, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Zeelenberg, Marcel & Pieters, Rik, 2004. "Consequences of regret aversion in real life: The case of the Dutch postcode lottery," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 155-168, March.
- Kent Grote & Victor Matheson, 2006.
"Dueling Jackpots: Are Competing Lotto Games Complements or Substitutes?,"
Atlantic Economic Journal,
Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 34(1), pages 85-100, March.
- Victor Matheson & Kent Grote, 2004. "Dueling Jackpots: Are Competing Lotto Games Complements or Substitutes?," Working Papers 0406, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Kent R. Grote & Victor A. Matheson, 2006.
"In Search of a Fair Bet in the Lottery,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Eastern Economic Association, vol. 32(4), pages 673-684, Fall.
- Victor A. Matheson & Kent R. Grote, 2003. "In Search of a Fair Bet in the Lottery," Department of Economics Working Papers 2003-16, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Victor Matheson & Kent Grote, 2004. "In Search of a Fair Bet in the Lottery," Working Papers 0401, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- George Wu & Jiao Zhang & Mohammed Abdellaoui, 2005. "Testing Prospect Theories Using Probability Tradeoff Consistency," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 107-131, January.
- Marie Pfiffelmann, 2007. "Which optimal design for lottery linked deposit," DULBEA Working Papers 07-09.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Matheson, Victor A. & Grote, Kent R., 2004. "Lotto fever: do lottery players act rationally around large jackpots?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 233-237, May.
- Mao, Luke Lunhua & Zhang, James J. & Connaughton, Daniel P., 2015. "Sports gambling as consumption: Evidence from demand for sports lottery," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 436-447.
- Walther Herbert, 2005. "Optimal Taxation of Gambling and Lotto," Working Papers geewp47, Vienna University of Economics and Business Research Group: Growth and Employment in Europe: Sustainability and Competitiveness.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jobhdp:v:52:y:1992:i:2:p:307-318. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/obhdp .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.