The Economics of Casino Taxation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard Thalheimer & Mukhtar Ali, 2003. "The demand for casino gaming," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(8), pages 907-918.
- David Paton & Donald S. Siegel & Leighton Vaughan Williams, 2001. "Gambling Taxation: A Comment," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 34(4), pages 437-440.
- Paton, David & Siegel, Donald S. & Williams, Leighton Vaughan, 2004.
"Taxation and the Demand for Gambling: New Evidence From the United Kingdom,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 57(4), pages 847-861, December.
- David Paton & Donald S. Siegel & Leighton Vaughan Williams, 2003. "Taxation and the Demand for Gambling: New Evidence from the United Kingdom," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0306, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Cook, Philip J & Clotfelter, Charles T, 1993. "The Peculiar Scale Economies of Lotto," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(3), pages 634-643, June.
- William R. Eadington, 1999. "The Economics of Casino Gambling," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 173-192, Summer.
- David Paton & Donald S. Siegel & Leighton Vaughan Williams, 2002. "A Policy Response To The E--Commerce Revolution: The Case Of Betting Taxation In The UK," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(480), pages 296-314, June.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:8:y:2003:i:10:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Julie Smith, 2000. "Gambling Taxation: Public Equity in the Gambling Business," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 33(2), pages 120-144.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Michael D. Whinston, 1986. "Free Entry and Social Inefficiency," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(1), pages 48-58, Spring.
- Clotfelter, Charles T & Cook, Philip J, 1990. "On the Economics of State Lotteries," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 4(4), pages 105-119, Fall.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xinhua Gu & Pui Sun Tam & Chun Kwok Lei & Xiao Chang, 2016. "The Economics of Taxation in Casino Tourism with Cross-border Market Power," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 113-125, February.
- Valeria De Bonis & Alessandro Gandolfo, 2013.
"The Italian Model of Gambling Taxation: Fiscal Policy Guidelines for the «Sustainable Development» of an Important and Controversial Market,"
Economia dei Servizi,
Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 239-258.
- Alessandro Gandolfo & Valeria De Bonis, 2013. "The Italian model of gambling taxation: fiscal policy guidelines for the "sustainable development" of an important and controversial market," Discussion Papers 2013/173, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Gu, Xinhua & Tam, Pui Sun, 2014. "Tax incidence and price discrimination: An application of theories to gambling markets," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 135-151.
More about this item
KeywordsCasino; taxation; gambling; tourism; economic benefit;
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H32 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Firm
- H27 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Other Sources of Revenue
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-04-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2006-04-29 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2006-04-29 (Public Finance)
- NEP-TUR-2006-04-29 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qed:wpaper:1057. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Babcock). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/qedquca.html .