Betting scandals and attenuated property rights - How betting related match fixing can be prevented in future
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Baumol, William J, 1972. "On Taxation and the Control of Externalities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(3), pages 307-322, June.
- Ian Preston, 2003. "Cheating in Contests," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 612-624, Winter.
- David Forrest, 2003. "Sport and Gambling," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 598-611, Winter.
- Laffey, Des, 2005. "Entrepreneurship and Innovation in the UK Betting Industry:: The Rise of Person-to-Person Betting," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 351-359, June.
- Raymond D. Sauer, 1998. "The Economics of Wagering Markets," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(4), pages 2021-2064, December.
- Davies, Mark & Pitt, Leyland & Shapiro, Daniel & Watson, Richard, 2005. "Betfair.com:: Five Technology Forces Revolutionize Worldwide Wagering," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 533-541, October.
- David Paton & Donald S. Siegel & Leighton Vaughan Williams, 2002. "A Policy Response To The E--Commerce Revolution: The Case Of Betting Taxation In The UK," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(480), pages 296-314, June.
- Justin Wolfers, 2006. "Point Shaving: Corruption in NCAA Basketball," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 279-283, May.
- Bag, Parimal Kanti & Saha, Bibhas, 2011. "Match-fixing under competitive odds," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 318-344.
- Julie Smith, 2000. "Gambling Taxation: Public Equity in the Gambling Business," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 33(2), pages 120-144.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christian Deutscher & Eugen Dimant & Brad R. Humphreys, 2017.
"Match Fixing and Sports Betting in Football: Empirical Evidence from the German Bundesliga,"
17-01, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Christian Deutscher & Eugen Dimant & Brad Humphreys, 2017. "Match Fixing and Sports Betting in Football. Empirical Evidence from the German Bundesliga," PPE Working Papers 0008, Philosophy, Politics and Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- David Forrest, 2014. "Football and betting," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Professional Football, chapter 23, pages 383-400 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsProperty Rights; Attenuation; Betting; Scandal; Match fixing; Corruption;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-20 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iso:wpaper:0154. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IBW IT). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/isuzhch.html .