Football and betting
In: Handbook on the Economics of Professional Football
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Babatunde Buraimo & Giuseppe Migali & Robert Simmons, 2014. "An analysis of consumer response to corruption," Working Papers 64473209, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Paton, David & Siegel, Donald S. & Williams, Leighton Vaughan, 2004.
"Taxation and the Demand for Gambling: New Evidence From the United Kingdom,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association, vol. 57(4), pages 847-861, December.
- David Paton & Donald S. Siegel & Leighton Vaughan Williams, 2003. "Taxation and the Demand for Gambling: New Evidence from the United Kingdom," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0306, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Hausch, Donald B. & Ziemba, W.T. (ed.), 2008. "Handbook of Sports and Lottery Markets," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 1, number 9780444507440.
- Ian Preston, 2003. "Cheating in Contests," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 612-624, Winter.
- David Forrest, 2003. "Sport and Gambling," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 598-611, Winter.
- Helmut Dietl & Christian Weingärtner, 2012. "Betting scandals and attenuated property rights - How betting related match fixing can be prevented in future," Working Papers 0154, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU).
- Forrest, David & Goddard, John & Simmons, Robert, 2005. "Odds-setters as forecasters: The case of English football," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 551-564.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1979. "Why Is There Mandatory Retirement?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1261-1284, December.
- Severin Borenstein & Garth Saloner, 2001. "Economics and Electronic Commerce," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(1), pages 3-12, Winter.
- D. Forrest & L. Perez, 2011. "Football pools and lotteries: substitute roads to riches?," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(13), pages 1253-1257.
- Francesc Pujol, 2009. "Football Betting As A Cyclical Learning Process," Faculty Working Papers 05/09, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Isaac Ehrlich, 1996. "Crime, Punishment, and the Market for Offenses," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(1), pages 43-67, Winter.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:elg:eechap:14821_23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Darrel McCalla). General contact details of provider: http://www.e-elgar.com .