The Political Economy of Professional Sport
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ça?lar Özden & Maurice Schiff, 2006. "International Migration, Remittances, and the Brain Drain," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6929, 09-2019.
- Allen R. Sanderson & John J. Siegfried, 2003.
"Thinking about Competitive Balance,"
Journal of Sports Economics,
, vol. 4(4), pages 255-279, November.
- Allen R. Sanderson & John J. Siegfried, 2003. "Thinking About Competitive Balance," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0318, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Walter C. Neale, 1964. "The Peculiar Economics of Professional Sports," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 78(1), pages 1-14.
- Gary S. Becker, 1974. "Crime and Punishment: An Economic Approach," NBER Chapters, in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 1-54, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Trudo Dejonghe, 2004. "Restructuring the Belgian Professional Football League: A Location‐Allocation Solution," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 95(1), pages 73-88, February.
- James Tobin, 1978. "A Proposal for International Monetary Reform," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 4(3-4), pages 153-159, Jul/Oct.
- Becker, Gary S, 1993. "Nobel Lecture: The Economic Way of Looking at Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(3), pages 385-409, June.
- Robert Baade & Victor Matheson, 1999. "An assessment of the economic impact of the american football championship, the Superbowl, on host communities," IASE Conference Papers 9903, International Association of Sports Economists.
- Simon Rottenberg, 1956. "The Baseball Players' Labor Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 242-242.
- Wladimir Andreff, 2001. "The Correlation between Economic Underdevelopment and Sport," Post-Print halshs-00274657, HAL.
- Wladimir Andreff, 1988. "Les multinationales et le sport dans les pays en développement ou comment faire courir le Tiers Monde après les capitaux," Revue Tiers Monde, Programme National Persée, vol. 29(113), pages 73-100.
- John Goddard & Peter J. Sloane, 2005. "Economics of sport," Chapters, in: Simon W. Bowmaker (ed.), Economics Uncut, chapter 12, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Nicolas Eber, 2008. "Le dilemme du sportif," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 118(2), pages 207-227.
- Wladimir Andreff, 1988. "Les multinationales et le sport dans les pays en développement: ou comment faire courir le Tiers Monde après les capitaux," Post-Print halshs-00286146, HAL.
- Wolfgang Maennig, 2002. "On the Economics of Doping and Corruption in International Sports," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 3(1), pages 61-89, February.
- Rodney Fort, 2003. "Thinking (Some more) about Competitive Balance," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 4(4), pages 280-283, November.
- Wladimir Andreff & Jean-François Bourg & Jean-François Nys, 1987. "Le sport et la télévision : relations économiques," Post-Print halshs-00275229, HAL.
- Scully, Gerald W., 1995. "The Market Structure of Sports," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, number 9780226743950, December.
- Wladimir Andreff, 2002. "FIFA Regulation of International Transfers and the Coubertobin Tax: Enforcement, Scope and Return. A Rejoinder to Bill Gerrard," Post-Print halshs-00274656, HAL.
- Tom Hoehn, 2003. "Broadcasting and Sport," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 552-568, Winter.
- Pommerehne Werner & Frey Bruno & Tassy Anne, 1993. "La culture a-t-elle un prix ?," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 4(4), pages 1-3, December.
- Eric Barget & Jean-Jacques Gouguet, 2007. "The Total Economic Value of Sporting Events Theory and Practice," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 8(2), pages 165-182, May.
- Sloane, P J, 1976. "Restriction of Competition in Professional Team Sports," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(1), pages 3-22, May.
- Wladimir Andreff, 2003. "Les multinationales globales," Post-Print halshs-00275225, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wladimir Andreff, 2014. "French professional football: how much different?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01244492, HAL.
More about this item
Book ChaptersThe following chapters of this book are listed in IDEAS
KeywordsEconomics and Finance; Politics and Public Policy;
- Z0 - Other Special Topics - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:elg:eebook:13177. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Darrel McCalla). General contact details of provider: http://www.e-elgar.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.