Chapter X: The Tour de France: a success story in spite of competitive imbalance and doping
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Walter C. Neale, 1964. "The Peculiar Economics of Professional Sports," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 78(1), pages 1-14.
- Gary S. Becker, 1974. "Crime and Punishment: An Economic Approach," NBER Chapters,in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 1-54 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicky Rogge & Daam Van Reeth & Tom Van Puyenbroeck, 2013. "Performance Evaluation of Tour de France Cycling Teams Using Data Envelopment Analysis," International Journal of Sport Finance, Fitness Information Technology, vol. 8(3), pages 236-257, August.
- Luca Rebeggiani & Davide Tondani, 2008. "Organizational Forms in Professional Cycling: An Examination of the Efficiency of the UCI Pro Tour," International Journal of Sport Finance, Fitness Information Technology, vol. 3(1), pages 19-41, February.
- Simon Rottenberg, 1956. "The Baseball Players' Labor Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 242-242.
- Daniel A. Rascher & John Paul G. Solmes, 2007.
"Do Fans Want Close Contests? A Test of the Uncertainty of Outcome Hypothesis in the National Basketball Association,"
International Journal of Sport Finance,
Fitness Information Technology, vol. 2(3), pages 130-141, August.
- Daniel, Rascher & John Paul, Solmes, 2007. "Do Fans Want Close Contests? A Test of the Uncertainty of Outcome Hypothesis in the National Basketball Association," MPRA Paper 25829, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1986. "Prizes and Incentives in Elimination Tournaments," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 701-715, September.
- Nicolas EBER & Jacques THÉPOT, 1999. "Doping in Sport and Competition Design," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 1999044, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Loek Groot, 2008. "Economics, Uncertainty and European Football," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12924.
- Wolfgang Maennig, 2002. "On the Economics of Doping and Corruption in International Sports," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 3(1), pages 61-89, February.
- Wladimir Andreff & Paul Staudohar, 2000. "The Evolving European Model of Professional Sports Finance," Post-Print halshs-00274661, HAL.
- Daam Van Reeth, 2013. "TV Demand for the Tour de France: The Importance of Stage Characteristics versus Outcome Uncertainty, Patriotism, and Doping," International Journal of Sport Finance, Fitness Information Technology, vol. 8(1), pages 39-60, February.
- Berentsen, Aleksander, 2002. "The economics of doping," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 109-127, March.
- Wladimir Andreff & Paul D. Staudohar, 2000. "The Evolving European Model of Professional Sports Finance," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 1(3), pages 257-276, August.
- Bird, Edward J. & Wagner, Gert G., 1997. "Sport as a Common Property Resource: A Solution to the Dilemmas of Doping," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 749-766.
- Stefan Szymanski, 2003. "The Economic Design of Sporting Contests," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(4), pages 1137-1187, December.
- Wladimir Andreff, 1985. "Le muscle et la machine: le dialogue entre le sport et l'innovation," Post-Print halshs-00286154, HAL.
More about this item
Keywordseconomics of sport; professional cycling; Tour de France; doping; competitive balance;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:cesptp:halshs-01279855. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .