The Evolving European Model of Professional Sports Finance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Becker, Gary S., 1971. "The Economics of Discrimination," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 2, number 9780226041162.
- Martin B. Schmidt & David J. Berri, 2001. "Competitive Balance and Attendance: The Case of Major League Baseball," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 2(2), pages 145-167, May.
- La Croix, Sumner J & Kawaura, Akihiko, 1999. "Rule Changes and Competitive Balance in Japanese Professional Baseball," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 37(2), pages 353-368, April.
- Gwartney, James & Haworth, Charles, 1974. "Employer Costs and Discrimination: The Case of Baseball," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 873-881, July/Aug..
- Leo Kahane & Stephen Shmanske, 1997. "Team roster turnover and attendance in major league baseball," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(4), pages 425-431.
- Hoang, Ha & Rascher, Dan, 1999. "The NBA, Exit Discrimination, and Career Earnings," MPRA Paper 3542, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martin B. Schmidt & David J. Berri, 2004. "The Impact of Labor Strikes on Consumer Demand: An Application to Professional Sports," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(1), pages 344-357, March.
- Whitney, James D, 1988. "Winning Games versus Winning Championships: The Economics of Fan Interest and Team Performance," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(4), pages 703-724, October.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "The Economics of Superstars," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 845-858, December.
- Eckard, E Woodrow, 2001. "Free Agency, Competitive Balance, and Diminishing Returns to Pennant Contention," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 39(3), pages 430-443, July.
- Glenn Knowles & Keith Sherony & Mike Haupert, 1992. "The Demand for Major League Baseball: A Test of the Uncertainty of Outcome Hypothesis," The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 36(2), pages 72-80, October.
- Martin Schmidt & David Berri, 2002. "The impact of the 1981 and 1994-1995 strikes on Major League Baseball attendance: a time-series analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(4), pages 471-478.
- Moulton, Brent R, 1990. "An Illustration of a Pitfall in Estimating the Effects of Aggregate Variables on Micro Unit," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(2), pages 334-338, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wladimir Andreff, 2014. "French professional football: how much different?," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Professional Football, chapter 18, pages 298-321 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Demazière, Didier & Jouvenet, Morgan, 2013. "The market work of football agents and the manifold valorizations of professional football players," economic sociology_the european electronic newsletter, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, vol. 15(1), pages 29-40.
- Jiří Novotný & Alexandr Ščiklin, 2011. "Comparison of economics of top Czech and Western European professional team sports clubs," Ekonomika a Management, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2011(2).
- Karg, Adam J. & McDonald, Heath, 2011. "Fantasy sport participation as a complement to traditional sport consumption," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 327-346.
- Wladimir Andreff, 2011. "Some comparative economics of the organization of sports: competition and regulation in north American vs. European professional team sports leagues," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 8(1), pages 3-27, June.
- Andreff, Wladimir, 2007. "Régulation et institutions en économie du sport," Revue de la Régulation - Capitalisme, institutions, pouvoirs, Association Recherche et Régulation, vol. 1.
- Wladimir Andreff, 2011. "Some comparative economics of the organization of sports: Competition and regulation in north American vs. European professional team sports leagues," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00677436, HAL.
- John K. Wilson & Richard Pomfret, 2014. "Public Policy and Professional Sports," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 15381, April.
- Wladimir Andreff, 2011. "Contemporary Issues in Sports Economics: A Selection," Chapters,in: Contemporary Issues in Sports Economics, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Wladimir Andreff, 2016. "Chapter X: The Tour de France: a success story in spite of competitive imbalance and doping," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01279855, HAL.
- Loek Groot, 2005. "European football: Back to the 1950s," Industrial Organization 0505003, EconWPA.
- Helmut Dietl & Tariq Hasan, 2007. "Pay-Tv Versus Free-Tv: A Model Of Sports Broadcasting Rights Sales," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 33(3), pages 405-428, Summer.
- Wladimir Andreff, 2006. "New Perspectives in Sports Economics: A European View," Working Papers 0605, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Andreef, Wladimir, 2016. "French professional football in European context: how much different?," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 3, pages 108-137, June.
- Paul Downward, 2014. "English professional football," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Professional Football, chapter 17, pages 277-297 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Wladimir Andreff, 2008. "Globalization of the sports economy," Rivista di Diritto ed Economia dello Sport, Centro di diritto e business dello Sport, vol. 4(3), pages 13-32, Dicembre.
- Wladimir Andreff, 2014. "French professional football: how much different?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01244492, HAL.
- Wladimir Andreff, 2006. "New Perspectives in Sports Economics: The European View," IASE Conference Papers 0601, International Association of Sports Economists.
- Matt Andrews, 2015. "Being Special: The Rise of Super Clubs in European Football," CID Working Papers 299, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:jospec:v:1:y:2000:i:3:p:257-276. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.