March 2021, Volume 17, Issue 1
- 1-10 Does confirmation bias exist in judged events at the Olympic Games?
by Hilmer Christiana & Hilmer Michael John
- 11-27 Smart kills and worthless deaths: eSports analytics for League of Legends
by Maymin Philip Z.
- 29-46 Measuring competitive balance in sports
by Doria Matthew & Nalebuff Barry
- 47-55 Swing shift: a mathematical approach to defensive positioning in baseball
by Bouzarth Elizabeth & Harris John & Hartley Andrew & Hutson Kevin & Morton Ella & Grannan Benjamin
- 57-66 A contextual analysis of crossing the ball in soccer
by Wu Lucas Y. & Danielson Aaron J. & Hu X. Joan & Swartz Tim B.
- 67-75 A Variance Gamma model for Rugby Union matches
by Fry John & Smart Oliver & Serbera Jean-Philippe & Klar Bernhard
December 2020, Volume 16, Issue 4
- 271-289 Measuring spatial allocative efficiency in basketball
by Sandholtz Nathan & Mortensen Jacob & Bornn Luke
- 291-300 Restoring the real world records in Men’s swimming without high-tech swimsuits
by Gao Zhenyu & Li Yixing & Wang Zhengxin
- 301-309 Foul accumulation in the NBA
by Chu Dani & Swartz Tim B.
- 311-323 Evaluating the effectiveness of different network flow motifs in association football
by Håland Else Marie & Wiig Astrid Salte & Stålhane Magnus & Hvattum Lars Magnus
- 325-341 A Bayesian adjusted plus-minus analysis for the esport Dota 2
by Clark Nicholas & Macdonald Brian & Kloo Ian
- 343-343 Corrigendum to: Offensive or defensive play in soccer: a game-theoretical approach
by Gambarelli Daniele & Gambarelli Gianfranco & Goossens Dries
September 2020, Volume 16, Issue 3
- 183-191 Functional ratings in sports
by Lowery Brad & Slater Abigail & Thies Kaison
- 193-209 Profiting from overreaction in soccer betting odds
by Wheatcroft Edward
- 211-220 Understanding draws in Elo rating algorithm
by Szczecinski Leszek & Djebbi Aymen
- 221-235 Modeling time loss from sports-related injuries using random effects models: an illustration using soccer-related injury observations
by Chandran Avinash & DiPietro Loretta & Young Heather & Elmi Angelo
- 237-254 The relative roles of skill and luck within 11 different golfer populations
by Rendleman Jr. Richard J.
- 255-269 A parametric family of Massey-type methods: inference, prediction, and sensitivity
by Bozzo Enrico & Franceschet Massimo & Vidoni Paolo
June 2020, Volume 16, Issue 2
- 73-79 Bigger data, better questions, and a return to fourth down behavior: an introduction to a special issue on tracking datain the National football League
by Lopez Michael J.
- 81-83 What will we unlearn next? The implications of Lopez (2020)
by Ventura Samuel L.
- 85-94 Expected hypothetical completion probability
by Deshpande Sameer K. & Evans Katherine
- 95-120 Extracting NFL tracking data from images to evaluate quarterbacks and pass defenses
by Mallepalle Sarah & Yurko Ronald & Ventura Samuel L. & Pelechrinis Konstantinos
- 121-132 Route identification in the National Football League: An application of model-based curve clustering using the EM algorithm
by Chu Dani & Reyers Matthew & Thomson James & Wu Lucas Yifan
- 133-142 Template matching route classification
by Kinney Mitchell
- 143-161 Unsupervised methods for identifying pass coverage among defensive backs with NFL player tracking data
by Dutta Rishav & Yurko Ronald & Ventura Samuel L.
- 163-182 Going deep: models for continuous-time within-play valuation of game outcomes in American football with tracking data
by Yurko Ronald & Matano Francesca & Richardson Lee F. & Pospisil Taylor & Ventura Samuel L. & Granered Nicholas & Pelechrinis Konstantinos
March 2020, Volume 16, Issue 1
- 1-15 Models for generating NCAA men’s basketball tournament bracket pools
by Ludden Ian G. & Jacobson Sheldon H. & Khatibi Arash & King Douglas M.
- 17-26 Longevity differences in the tenures of American and foreign Major League Soccer managers
by Gilfix Zach & Meyerson James & Addona Vittorio
- 27-39 An exploration of predictive football modelling
by Pearson Mitchell & Jr Glen Livingston & King Robert
- 41-55 Generalized model for scores in volleyball matches
by Gonzalez-Cabrera Ivan & Herrera Diego Dario & González Diego Luis
- 57-71 Shot-by-shot stochastic modeling of individual tennis points
by Floyd Calvin Michael & Hoffman Matthew & Fokoue Ernest
December 2019, Volume 15, Issue 4
- 261-269 Offensive or defensive play in soccer: a game-theoretical approach
by Gambarelli Daniele & Gambarelli Gianfranco & Goossens Dries
- 271-287 A hybrid random forest to predict soccer matches in international tournaments
by Groll Andreas & Ley Cristophe & Van Eetvelde Hans & Schauberger Gunther
- 289-312 Bayesian statistics meets sports: a comprehensive review
by Santos-Fernandez Edgar & Wu Paul & Mengersen Kerrie L.
- 313-325 A point-based Bayesian hierarchical model to predict the outcome of tennis matches
by Ingram Martin
- 327-344 Using a Markov decision process to model the value of the sacrifice bunt
by Hirotsu Nobuyoshi & Bickel J. Eric
- 345-356 Combinatorial models of cross-country dual meets: what is a big victory?
by Riedel Kurt S.
September 2019, Volume 15, Issue 3
- 163-183 nflWAR: a reproducible method for offensive player evaluation in football
by Yurko Ronald & Ventura Samuel & Horowitz Maksim
- 185-202 Relative age effects in American professional football
by Heneghan Jack F. & Herron Michael C.
- 203-211 Optimal shot selection strategies for the NBA
by Fichman Mark & O’Brien John Robert
- 213-224 The relative wages of offense and defense in the NBA: a setting for win-maximization arbitrage?
by Ehrlich Justin & Sanders Shane & Boudreaux Christopher J.
- 225-237 Ludometrics: luck, and how to measure it
by Gilbert Daniel E. & Wells Martin T.
- 239-260 Competitive balance with unbalanced schedules
by Lee Young Hoon & Kim Yongdai & Kim Sara
June 2019, Volume 15, Issue 2
- 85-95 Rao-Blackwellizing field goal percentage
by Daly-Grafstein Daniel & Bornn Luke
- 97-116 Measuring soccer players’ contributions to chance creation by valuing their passes
by Bransen Lotte & Van Haaren Jan & van de Velden Michel
- 117-127 Six-day footraces in the post-pedestrianism era
by Salvesen Greg
- 129-140 Seeding the UEFA Champions League participants: evaluation of the reforms
by Dagaev Dmitry & Rudyak Vladimir Yu.
- 141-153 Automatic event detection in basketball using HMM with energy based defensive assignment
by Keshri Suraj & Oh Min-hwan & Iyengar Garud & Zhang Sheng
- 155-162 A characterization of the degree of weak and strong links in doubles sports
by Gill Paramjit S. & Swartz Tim B.
March 2019, Volume 15, Issue 1
- 1-25 The advantage of lefties in one-on-one sports
by Fagan Francois & Haugh Martin & Cooper Hal
- 27-40 A mathematical optimization framework for expansion draft decision making and analysis
by Booth Kyle E. C. & Chan Timothy C. Y. & Shalaby Yusuf
- 41-57 Analysis of a constructive matheuristic for the traveling umpire problem
by Chandrasekharan Reshma Chirayil & Toffolo Túlio A.M. & Wauters Tony
- 59-74 A Bayesian method for computing intrinsic pitch values using kernel density and nonparametric regression estimates
by Healey Glenn
- 75-84 The probabilities of winning a racquetball doubles match motivate a fairer side-out scoring scheme for singles and team events
by Peters James E. & Peters Christopher J.
December 2018, Volume 14, Issue 4
- 159-172 New metrics for evaluating home plate umpire consistency and accuracy
by Hunter David J.
- 173-183 Predicting the NCAA basketball tournament using isotonic least squares pairwise comparison model
by Neudorfer Ayala & Rosset Saharon
- 185-199 Do match officials give preferential treatment to the strongest football teams? An analysis of four top European clubs
by Audrino Francesco
- 201-212 Analyzing dependence matrices to investigate relationships between national football league combine event performances
by Russell Brook T. & Hogan Paul
- 213-226 A generative Markov model for bowling scores
by VanDerwerken Douglas & Kenter Franklin
September 2018, Volume 14, Issue 3
- 91-101 A network diffusion ranking family that includes the methods of Markov, Massey, and Colley
by Devlin Stephen & Treloar Thomas
- 103-115 Quantifying the probability of a shot in women’s collegiate soccer through absorbing Markov chains
by Woodfield Devyn Norman & Fellingham Gilbert W.
- 117-130 Modelling the dynamic pattern of surface area in basketball and its effects on team performance
by Metulini Rodolfo & Manisera Marica & Zuccolotto Paola
- 131-141 A Bayesian regression approach to handicapping tennis players based on a rating system
by Chan Timothy C.Y. & Singal Raghav
- 143-157 Bayesian hierarchical models for predicting individual performance in soccer
by Egidi Leonardo & Gabry Jonah
June 2018, Volume 14, Issue 2
- 37-56 Estimating the effect of plate discipline using a causal inference framework: an application of the G-computation algorithm
by Vock David Michael & Vock Laura Frances Boehm
- 57-64 Out of gas: quantifying fatigue in MLB relievers
by Burris Kyle & Coleman Jacob
- 65-79 On the dependency of soccer scores – a sparse bivariate Poisson model for the UEFA European football championship 2016
by Groll Andreas & Kneib Thomas & Mayr Andreas & Schauberger Gunther
- 81-90 Modeling between-subject differences and within-subject changes for long distance runners by age
by Strand Matthew & Nelson Daniel & Grunwald Gary
March 2018, Volume 14, Issue 1
- 1-11 Modified Kelly criteria
by Chu Dani & Wu Yifan & Swartz Tim B.
- 13-23 Estimating the duration of professional tennis matches for varying formats
by Kovalchik Stephanie Ann & Ingram Martin
- 25-36 Paradox of crosses in association football (soccer) – a game-theoretic explanation
by Sarkar Sumit
December 2017, Volume 13, Issue 4
September 2017, Volume 13, Issue 3
- 95-112 A hierarchical Bayesian model of pitch framing
by Deshpande Sameer K. & Wyner Abraham
- 113-129 The Football Team Composition Problem: a Stochastic Programming approach
by Pantuso Giovanni
June 2017, Volume 13, Issue 2
- 37-48 The temporalized Massey’s method
by Franceschet Massimo & Bozzo Enrico & Vidoni Paolo
- 49-62 A multilevel Bayesian approach for modeling the time-to-serve in professional tennis
by Kovalchik Stephanie A. & Albert Jim
- 63-78 Ranking ultimate teams using a Bayesian score-augmented win-loss model
by Murray Thomas A.
- 79-93 Identifying NCAA tournament upsets using Balance Optimization Subset Selection
by Dutta Shouvik & Jacobson Sheldon H. & Sauppe Jason J.
March 2017, Volume 13, Issue 1
- 1-10 An examination of statistical disclosure issues related to publication of aggregate statistics in the presence of a known subset of the dataset using Baseball Hall of Fame ballots
by Matthews Gregory J. & Tuy Pétala Gardênia da Silva Estrela & Arthur Robert K.
- 11-23 On the importance of the probabilistic model in identifying the most decisive games in a tournament
by Corona Francisco & Wiper Michael Peter & Horrillo Juan de Dios Tena
- 25-36 Bayesian survival analysis of batsmen in Test cricket
by Stevenson Oliver George & Brewer Brendon J.
December 2016, Volume 12, Issue 4
- 151-165 Meta-analytics: tools for understanding the statistical properties of sports metrics
by Franks Alexander M. & D’Amour Alexander & Cervone Daniel & Bornn Luke
- 167-178 The market for English Premier League (EPL) odds
by Feng Guanhao & Polson Nicholas & Xu Jianeng
- 179-188 A Markov Decision Process-based handicap system for tennis
by Chan Timothy C. Y. & Singal Raghav
September 2016, Volume 12, Issue 3
- 113-122 Analysis of substitution times in soccer
by Silva Rajitha M. & Swartz Tim B.
- 123-124 Analysis of substitution times in soccer (Silva and Swartz)
by Myers Bret R.
- 125-125 Rejoinder to Myers (2016)
by Silva Rajitha M. & Swartz Tim B.
- 127-138 Searching for the GOAT of tennis win prediction
by Kovalchik Stephanie Ann
- 139-149 A combined approximation for the traveling tournament problem and the traveling umpire problem
by Bender Marco & Westphal Stephan
June 2016, Volume 12, Issue 2
- 51-72 Estimating an NBA player’s impact on his team’s chances of winning
by Deshpande Sameer K. & Jensen Shane T.
- 73-85 Improved component predictions of batting and pitching measures
by Albert Jim
- 87-98 Beating the market betting on NHL hockey games
by Buttrey Samuel E.
- 99-112 Formula for success: Multilevel modelling of Formula One Driver and Constructor performance, 1950–2014
by Bell Andrew & Smith James & Sabel Clive E. & Jones Kelvyn
March 2016, Volume 12, Issue 1
- 1-15 Bayesian optimal design of fixed knockout tournament brackets
by Hennessy Jonathan & Glickman Mark
- 17-30 An analytical approach for fantasy football draft and lineup management
by Becker Adrian & Sun Xu Andy
- 31-41 Modeling and forecasting the outcomes of NBA basketball games
by Manner Hans
- 43-49 Is there a Pythagorean theorem for winning in tennis?
by Kovalchik Stephanie Ann
December 2015, Volume 11, Issue 4
- 193-203 A finite mixture latent trajectory model for modeling ultrarunners’ behavior in a 24-hour race
by Bartolucci Francesco & Murphy Thomas Brendan
- 205-218 Riding a probabilistic support vector machine to the Stanley Cup
by Demers Simon
- 219-230 Consistency, accuracy, and fairness: a study of discretionary penalties in the NFL
by Snyder Kevin & Lopez Michael
- 231-245 Fair compensation for gate and wind conditions in ski jumping – estimated from competition data using a mixed model
by Aldrin Magne
September 2015, Volume 11, Issue 3
- 131-144 A stochastic rank ordered logit model for rating multi-competitor games and sports
by Glickman Mark E. & Hennessy Jonathan
- 145-153 The implied volatility of a sports game
by Polson Nicholas G. & Stern Hal S.
- 155-167 Modeling spatial batting ability using a known covariance matrix
by Cross Jared & Sylvan Dana
- 169-182 Rethinking the FIFA World Cup™ final draw
by Guyon Julien
- 183-192 Playing on artificial turf may be an advantage for Norwegian soccer teams
by Hvattum Lars Magnus
June 2015, Volume 11, Issue 2
- 69-84 openWAR: An open source system for evaluating overall player performance in major league baseball
by Baumer Benjamin S. & Jensen Shane T. & Matthews Gregory J.
- 85-96 Multi-day bicycle tour route generation
by Payne Katherine Carl & Dror Moshe
- 97-115 Prediction of major international soccer tournaments based on team-specific regularized Poisson regression: An application to the FIFA World Cup 2014
by Groll Andreas & Schauberger Gunther & Tutz Gerhard
- 117-129 A linear model for estimating optimal service error fraction in volleyball
by Burton Tristan & Powers Scott
March 2015, Volume 11, Issue 1
- 1-3 Introduction to the NCAA men’s basketball prediction methods issue
by Glickman Mark E. & Sonas Jeff
- 5-12 Building an NCAA men’s basketball predictive model and quantifying its success
by Lopez Michael J. & Matthews Gregory J.
- 13-27 A mixture-of-modelers approach to forecasting NCAA tournament outcomes
by Yuan Lo-Hua & Liu Anthony & Yeh Alec & Franks Alex & Wang Sherrie & Illushin Dmitri & Bornn Luke & Kaufman Aaron & Reece Andrew & Bull Peter
- 29-37 Nearest-neighbor matchup effects: accounting for team matchups for predicting March Madness
by Hoegh Andrew & Carzolio Marcos & Crandell Ian & Hu Xinran & Roberts Lucas & Song Yuhyun & Leman Scotland C.
- 39-52 A generative model for predicting outcomes in college basketball
by Ruiz Francisco J. R. & Perez-Cruz Fernando
- 53-67 A new approach to bracket prediction in the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament based on a dual-proportion likelihood
by Gupta Ajay Andrew
December 2014, Volume 10, Issue 4
- 1-10 Gasping for air: soccer players’ passing behavior at high-altitude
by Tovar Jorge
- 1-13 Scoring rules, and the role of chance: Analysis of the 2008 World Fly Fishing Championships
by Yee Thomas W.
- 1-13 Stochastic model of the 2012 PGA Tour season
by Heiny Erik L. & Heiny Robert Lowell
- 1-16 Predicting the draft and career success of tight ends in the National Football League
by Mulholland Jason & Jensen Shane T.
September 2014, Volume 10, Issue 3
- 1-9 Modeling and prediction of ice hockey match results
by Marek Patrice & Ťoupal Tomáš & Šedivá Blanka
- 1-11 Creating space to shoot: quantifying spatial relative field goal efficiency in basketball
by Shortridge Ashton & Goldsberry Kirk & Adams Matthew
- 1-11 How the West will be won: using Monte Carlo simulations to estimate the effects of NHL realignment
by Pettigrew Stephen
- 1-14 Life on the bubble: Who’s in and who’s out of March Madness?
by Leman Scotland C. & House Leanna & Szarka John & Nelson Hayley
- 1-15 Choosing the most popular NFL games in a local TV market
by Grimshaw Scott D. & Burwell Scott J.
June 2014, Volume 10, Issue 2
- 1-1 Introduction to the MathSport papers
by Goossens Dries & Spieksma Frits
- 1-7 Standings in sports competitions using integer programming
by Raack Christian & Raymond Annie & Schlechte Thomas & Werner Axel
- 1-8 On the winning probabilities and mean durations of volleyball
by Ferrante Marco & Fonseca Giovanni
- 1-8 Fair referee assignment for the Italian soccer serieA
by Mancini Simona & Isabello Andrea
- 1-8 Evaluating the ability of goalkeepers in English Premier League football
by Gelade Garry
- 1-9 Importance of descending skill for performance in fell races: a statistical analysis of race results
by Kay Anthony
- 1-9 The older they rise the younger they fall: age and performance trends in men’s professional tennis from 1991 to 2012
by Kovalchik Stephanie Ann
- 1-9 Using random forests to estimate win probability before each play of an NFL game
by Lock Dennis & Nettleton Dan
- 1-10 Developing an improved tennis ranking system
by Irons David J. & Buckley Stephen & Paulden Tim
- 1-11 Constructing schedules for sports leagues with divisional and round-robin tournaments
by Larson Jeffrey & Johansson Mikael
- 1-12 To lead or not to lead: analysis of the sprint in track cycling
by Moffatt Joanne & Scarf Phil & McHale Ian G. & Passfield Louis & Zhang Kui
- 1-14 An Oracle method to predict NFL games
by Balreira Eduardo Cabral & Miceli Brian K. & Tegtmeyer Thomas
- 1-14 Between-seasons competitive balance in European football: review of existing and development of specially designed indices
by Manasis Vasileios & Ntzoufras Ioannis
- 1-16 Realignment in the NHL, MLB, NFL, and NBA
by Macdonald Brian & Pulleyblank William
- 1-16 Skill importance in women’s soccer
by Heiner Matthew & Fellingham Gilbert W. & Thomas Camille
- 1-18 Uncovering Formula One driver performances from 1950 to 2013 by adjusting for team and competition effects
by Phillips Andrew J. K.
- 1-18 Reversal of fortune: a statistical analysis of penalty calls in the National Hockey League
by Abrevaya Jason & McCulloch Robert
- 1-19 Estimating the effects of age on NHL player performance
by Brander James A. & Yeung Louisa & Egan Edward J.
January 2014, Volume 10, Issue 1
- 1-13 A Bayesian stochastic model for batting performance evaluation in one-day cricket
by Koulis Theodoro & Muthukumarana Saman & Briercliffe Creagh Dyson
- 15-26 Declaration guidelines in test cricket
by Perera Harsha & Gill Paramjit S. & Swartz Tim B.
- 27-36 The relationship between concentration of scoring and offensive efficiency in the NBA
by Ruiz Manuel & López-Hernández Fernando A. & Martinez Jose A. & Castellano Almudena
- 37-48 What if statisticians ran college football? A re-conceptualization of the football bowl subdivision
by Jensen Jonathan A. & Turner Brian A.
- 49-66 An expectation-based metric for NFL field goal kickers
by Pasteur R. Drew & Cunningham-Rhoads Kyle
- 67-79 Measures of tactical efficiency in water polo
by Graham James & Mayberry John
- 81-87 Relationships between rugby sevens performance indicators and international tournament outcomes
by Higham Dean G. & Hopkins Will G. & Pyne David B. & Anson Judith M.
December 2013, Volume 9, Issue 4
- 285-300 Equitable handicapping of scramble golf tournaments
by Oberhelman Dennis & Galbreth Michael & Fry Timothy
- 301-317 Risk management with tournament incentives
by Balsdon Edmund M.
- 319-335 The structure, efficacy, and manipulation of double-elimination tournaments
by Stanton Isabelle & Williams Virginia Vassilevska
- 337-345 Effect of position, usage rate, and per game minutes played on NBA player production curves
by Page Garritt L. & Barney Bradley J. & McGuire Aaron T.
- 347-366 Modeling team compatibility factors using a semi-Markov decision process: a data-driven approach to player selection in soccer
by Jarvandi Ali & Sarkani Shahram & Mazzuchi Thomas
- 367-378 Ranking the performance of tennis players: an application to women’s professional tennis
by Blackburn McKinley L.
September 2013, Volume 9, Issue 3
- 217-227 Scrambled experts: team handicaps and win probabilities for golf scrambles
by Grasman Scott E. & Thomas Barrett W.
- 229-238 When to challenge a call in tennis: A Markov decision process approach
by Nadimpalli Vamsi K. & Hasenbein John J.
- 239-248 Advanced putting metrics in golf
by Yousefi Kasra & Swartz Tim B.
- 249-270 Odd odds: The UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw
by Klößner Stefan & Becker Martin
- 271-283 Various applications to a more realistic baseball simulator
by Beaudoin David
June 2013, Volume 9, Issue 2
- 115-126 Analysis of the NCAA Men’s Final Four TV audience
by Grimshaw Scott D. & Sabin R. Paul & Willes Keith M.
- 127-140 Are the official world golf rankings biased?
by Broadie Mark & Rendleman Richard J.
- 141-150 The effect of batting during the evening in cricket
by McGinn Eamon
- 151-163 Looking at spacings to assess streakiness
by Albert Jim
- 165-177 Around the goal: examining the effect of the first goal on the second goal in soccer using survival analysis methods
by Nevo Daniel & Ritov Ya’acov
- 179-185 A proposed general rating system for which the Colley Matrix Rating System is a special case
by Stewart Mark J.
- 187-202 Ranking rankings: an empirical comparison of the predictive power of sports ranking methods
by Barrow Daniel & Drayer Ian & Elliott Peter & Gaut Garren & Osting Braxton
- 203-216 Bicycle tours: modeling the perceived exertion of a daily path
by Carl Katherine & Brown Susan A. & Dror Moshe & Durcikova Alexandra
March 2013, Volume 9, Issue 1
- 1-14 Is high-altitude mountaineering Russian roulette?
by Cheng Edward K.
- 15-24 Longitudinal analyses of Olympic athletics and swimming events find no gender gap in performance improvement
by Kovalchik Stephanie Ann & Stefani Ray
- 25-36 Game importance as a dimension of uncertainty of outcome
by Lei Xinrong & Humphreys Brad R.
- 37-50 Determining the level of ability of football teams by dynamic ratings based on the relative discrepancies in scores between adversaries
by Constantinou Anthony Costa & Fenton Norman Elliott
- 51-66 Spain retains its title and sets a new record – generalized linear mixed models on European football championships
by Groll Andreas & Abedieh Jasmin
- 67-76 Determining the Best Track Performances of All Time Using a Conceptual Population Model for Athletics Records
by Stephenson Alec G. & Tawn Jonathan A.
- 77-85 The anatomy of the bank shot in men’s basketball
by Silverberg Larry M.
- 87-96 Importance of attack speed in volleyball
by Fellingham Gilbert W. & Hinkle Lee J. & Hunter Iain
- 97-111 Estimating player contribution in hockey with regularized logistic regression
by Gramacy Robert B. & Taddy Matt & Jensen Shane T.
November 2012, Volume 8, Issue 4
- 1-15 Predicting the Maximum Lead from Final Scores in Basketball: A Diffusion Model
by Schwarz Wolf
- 1-17 And the 2011 Driving Champion Is? Dustin Johnson
by Heiny Erik L. & Heiny Robert
- 1-19 Pace and Critical Gradient for Hill Runners: An Analysis of Race Records
by Kay Anthony
- 1-28 An Exploratory Study of Minor League Baseball Statistics
by Chandler Gabriel & Stevens Guy
- 1-33 Tournament Selection Efficiency: An Analysis of the PGA TOUR's FedExCup
by Connolly Robert & Rendleman Richard J.
October 2012, Volume 8, Issue 3
- 1-15 An Analysis of Curling Strategy
by Clement David
- 1-17 The Individual Factors of Successful Free Throw Shooting
by Maymin Allan Z. & Maymin Philip Z. & Shen Eugene
- 1-19 Was There a Structural Break in Barry Bonds's Bat?
by Nieswiadomy Michael L. & Strazicich Mark C. & Clayton Stephen
- 1-19 A Comparison of the Autocorrelation and Variance of NFL Team Strengths Over Time using a Bayesian State-Space Model
by Koopmeiners Joseph S.
- 1-23 New Insights on the Tendency of NCAA Basketball Officials to Even Out Foul Calls
by Noecker Cecilia A. & Roback Paul
- 1-24 Adjusted Plus-Minus for NHL Players using Ridge Regression with Goals, Shots, Fenwick, and Corsi
by Macdonald Brian
- 1-26 Models for Third Down Conversion in the National Football League
by Cafarelli Ryan & Rigdon Christopher J. & Rigdon Steven E.
- 1-36 Estimating Fielding Ability in Baseball Players Over Time
by Piette James & Jensen Shane T.
- 1-44 The Sensitivity of College Football Rankings to Several Modeling Choices
by Karl Andrew T.
June 2012, Volume 8, Issue 2
- 1-13 The Dreaded Middle Seeds - Are They the Worst Seeds in the NCAA Basketball Tournament?
by Morris Tracy L. & Bokhari Faryal H.
- 1-19 Parsing the Relationship between Baserunning and Batting Abilities within Lineups
by Baumer Ben S. & Piette James & Null Brad
- 1-20 Using Conditional Estimates to Simulate In-Play Outcomes in Limited Overs Cricket
by Sargent Jonathan RT & Bedford Anthony
- 1-22 Robust Rankings for College Football
by Burer Samuel
- 1-23 Playing Success and Local Market Size in Spanish Football League: Can Small Cities Dream of Winning Teams?
by Sanchez Santos Jose Manuel & Dopico JesÃºs & Castellanos Pablo
- 1-23 Testing the On-Court Efficacy of the NBA's Age Eligibility Rule
by Rodenberg Ryan & Kim Jun Woo