Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports
September 2016, Volume 12, Issue 3
- 113-122 Analysis of substitution times in soccer
by Silva Rajitha M. & Swartz Tim B.
- 123-124 Analysis of substitution times in soccer (Silva and Swartz)
by Myers Bret R.
- 125-125 Rejoinder to Myers (2016)
by Silva Rajitha M. & Swartz Tim B.
- 127-138 Searching for the GOAT of tennis win prediction
by Kovalchik Stephanie Ann
- 139-149 A combined approximation for the traveling tournament problem and the traveling umpire problem
by Bender Marco & Westphal Stephan
June 2016, Volume 12, Issue 2
- 51-72 Estimating an NBA player’s impact on his team’s chances of winning
by Deshpande Sameer K. & Jensen Shane T.
- 73-85 Improved component predictions of batting and pitching measures
by Albert Jim
- 87-98 Beating the market betting on NHL hockey games
by Buttrey Samuel E.
- 99-112 Formula for success: Multilevel modelling of Formula One Driver and Constructor performance, 1950–2014
by Bell Andrew & Smith James & Sabel Clive E. & Jones Kelvyn
March 2016, Volume 12, Issue 1
- 1-15 Bayesian optimal design of fixed knockout tournament brackets
by Hennessy Jonathan & Glickman Mark
- 17-30 An analytical approach for fantasy football draft and lineup management
by Becker Adrian & Sun Xu Andy
- 31-41 Modeling and forecasting the outcomes of NBA basketball games
by Manner Hans
- 43-49 Is there a Pythagorean theorem for winning in tennis?
by Kovalchik Stephanie Ann
December 2015, Volume 11, Issue 4
- 193-203 A finite mixture latent trajectory model for modeling ultrarunners’ behavior in a 24-hour race
by Bartolucci Francesco & Murphy Thomas Brendan
- 205-218 Riding a probabilistic support vector machine to the Stanley Cup
by Demers Simon
- 219-230 Consistency, accuracy, and fairness: a study of discretionary penalties in the NFL
by Snyder Kevin & Lopez Michael
- 231-245 Fair compensation for gate and wind conditions in ski jumping – estimated from competition data using a mixed model
by Aldrin Magne
September 2015, Volume 11, Issue 3
- 131-144 A stochastic rank ordered logit model for rating multi-competitor games and sports
by Glickman Mark E. & Hennessy Jonathan
- 145-153 The implied volatility of a sports game
by Polson Nicholas G. & Stern Hal S.
- 155-167 Modeling spatial batting ability using a known covariance matrix
by Cross Jared & Sylvan Dana
- 169-182 Rethinking the FIFA World Cup™ final draw
by Guyon Julien
- 183-192 Playing on artificial turf may be an advantage for Norwegian soccer teams
by Hvattum Lars Magnus
June 2015, Volume 11, Issue 2
- 69-84 openWAR: An open source system for evaluating overall player performance in major league baseball
by Baumer Benjamin S. & Jensen Shane T. & Matthews Gregory J.
- 85-96 Multi-day bicycle tour route generation
by Payne Katherine Carl & Dror Moshe
- 97-115 Prediction of major international soccer tournaments based on team-specific regularized Poisson regression: An application to the FIFA World Cup 2014
by Groll Andreas & Schauberger Gunther & Tutz Gerhard
- 117-129 A linear model for estimating optimal service error fraction in volleyball
by Burton Tristan & Powers Scott
March 2015, Volume 11, Issue 1
- 1-3 Introduction to the NCAA men’s basketball prediction methods issue
by Glickman Mark E. & Sonas Jeff
- 5-12 Building an NCAA men’s basketball predictive model and quantifying its success
by Lopez Michael J. & Matthews Gregory J.
- 13-27 A mixture-of-modelers approach to forecasting NCAA tournament outcomes
by Yuan Lo-Hua & Liu Anthony & Yeh Alec & Franks Alex & Wang Sherrie & Illushin Dmitri & Bornn Luke & Kaufman Aaron & Reece Andrew & Bull Peter
- 29-37 Nearest-neighbor matchup effects: accounting for team matchups for predicting March Madness
by Hoegh Andrew & Carzolio Marcos & Crandell Ian & Hu Xinran & Roberts Lucas & Song Yuhyun & Leman Scotland C.
- 39-52 A generative model for predicting outcomes in college basketball
by Ruiz Francisco J. R. & Perez-Cruz Fernando
- 53-67 A new approach to bracket prediction in the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament based on a dual-proportion likelihood
by Gupta Ajay Andrew
December 2014, Volume 10, Issue 4
- 1-13 Scoring rules, and the role of chance: Analysis of the 2008 World Fly Fishing Championships
by Yee Thomas W.
- 1-16 Predicting the draft and career success of tight ends in the National Football League
by Mulholland Jason & Jensen Shane T.
- 1-13 Stochastic model of the 2012 PGA Tour season
by Heiny Erik L. & Heiny Robert Lowell
- 1-10 Gasping for air: soccer players’ passing behavior at high-altitude
by Tovar Jorge
September 2014, Volume 10, Issue 3
- 1-14 Life on the bubble: Who’s in and who’s out of March Madness?
by Leman Scotland C. & House Leanna & Szarka John & Nelson Hayley
- 1-9 Modeling and prediction of ice hockey match results
by Marek Patrice & Ťoupal Tomáš & Šedivá Blanka
- 1-15 Choosing the most popular NFL games in a local TV market
by Grimshaw Scott D. & Burwell Scott J.
- 1-11 How the West will be won: using Monte Carlo simulations to estimate the effects of NHL realignment
by Pettigrew Stephen
June 2014, Volume 10, Issue 2
- 1-18 Uncovering Formula One driver performances from 1950 to 2013 by adjusting for team and competition effects
by Phillips Andrew J. K.
- 1-9 Using random forests to estimate win probability before each play of an NFL game
by Lock Dennis & Nettleton Dan
- 1-8 Evaluating the ability of goalkeepers in English Premier League football
by Gelade Garry
- 1-7 Standings in sports competitions using integer programming
by Raack Christian & Raymond Annie & Schlechte Thomas & Werner Axel
- 1-19 Estimating the effects of age on NHL player performance
by Brander James A. & Yeung Louisa & Egan Edward J.
- 1-18 Reversal of fortune: a statistical analysis of penalty calls in the National Hockey League
by Abrevaya Jason & McCulloch Robert
- 1-16 Skill importance in women’s soccer
by Heiner Matthew & Fellingham Gilbert W. & Thomas Camille
- 1-14 Between-seasons competitive balance in European football: review of existing and development of specially designed indices
by Manasis Vasileios & Ntzoufras Ioannis
- 1-12 To lead or not to lead: analysis of the sprint in track cycling
by Moffatt Joanne & Scarf Phil & McHale Ian G. & Passfield Louis & Zhang Kui
- 1-11 Constructing schedules for sports leagues with divisional and round-robin tournaments
by Larson Jeffrey & Johansson Mikael
- 1-10 Developing an improved tennis ranking system
by Irons David J. & Buckley Stephen & Paulden Tim
- 1-1 Introduction to the MathSport papers
by Goossens Dries & Spieksma Frits
January 2014, Volume 10, Issue 1
- 1-13 A Bayesian stochastic model for batting performance evaluation in one-day cricket
by Koulis Theodoro & Muthukumarana Saman & Briercliffe Creagh Dyson
- 15-26 Declaration guidelines in test cricket
by Perera Harsha & Gill Paramjit S. & Swartz Tim B.
- 27-36 The relationship between concentration of scoring and offensive efficiency in the NBA
by Ruiz Manuel & López-Hernández Fernando A. & Martinez Jose A. & Castellano Almudena
- 37-48 What if statisticians ran college football? A re-conceptualization of the football bowl subdivision
by Jensen Jonathan A. & Turner Brian A.
- 49-66 An expectation-based metric for NFL field goal kickers
by Pasteur R. Drew & Cunningham-Rhoads Kyle
- 67-79 Measures of tactical efficiency in water polo
by Graham James & Mayberry John
- 81-87 Relationships between rugby sevens performance indicators and international tournament outcomes
by Higham Dean G. & Hopkins Will G. & Pyne David B. & Anson Judith M.
December 2013, Volume 9, Issue 4
- 285-300 Equitable handicapping of scramble golf tournaments
by Oberhelman Dennis & Galbreth Michael & Fry Timothy
- 301-317 Risk management with tournament incentives
by Balsdon Edmund M.
- 319-335 The structure, efficacy, and manipulation of double-elimination tournaments
by Stanton Isabelle & Williams Virginia Vassilevska
- 337-345 Effect of position, usage rate, and per game minutes played on NBA player production curves
by Page Garritt L. & Barney Bradley J. & McGuire Aaron T.
- 347-366 Modeling team compatibility factors using a semi-Markov decision process: a data-driven approach to player selection in soccer
by Jarvandi Ali & Sarkani Shahram & Mazzuchi Thomas
- 367-378 Ranking the performance of tennis players: an application to women’s professional tennis
by Blackburn McKinley L.
September 2013, Volume 9, Issue 3
- 217-227 Scrambled experts: team handicaps and win probabilities for golf scrambles
by Grasman Scott E. & Thomas Barrett W.
- 229-238 When to challenge a call in tennis: A Markov decision process approach
by Nadimpalli Vamsi K. & Hasenbein John J.
- 239-248 Advanced putting metrics in golf
by Yousefi Kasra & Swartz Tim B.
- 249-270 Odd odds: The UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw
by Klößner Stefan & Becker Martin
- 271-283 Various applications to a more realistic baseball simulator
by Beaudoin David
June 2013, Volume 9, Issue 2
- 115-126 Analysis of the NCAA Men’s Final Four TV audience
by Grimshaw Scott D. & Sabin R. Paul & Willes Keith M.
- 127-140 Are the official world golf rankings biased?
by Broadie Mark & Rendleman Richard J.
- 141-150 The effect of batting during the evening in cricket
by McGinn Eamon
- 151-163 Looking at spacings to assess streakiness
by Albert Jim
- 165-177 Around the goal: examining the effect of the first goal on the second goal in soccer using survival analysis methods
by Nevo Daniel & Ritov Ya’acov
- 179-185 A proposed general rating system for which the Colley Matrix Rating System is a special case
by Stewart Mark J.
- 187-202 Ranking rankings: an empirical comparison of the predictive power of sports ranking methods
by Barrow Daniel & Drayer Ian & Elliott Peter & Gaut Garren & Osting Braxton
- 203-216 Bicycle tours: modeling the perceived exertion of a daily path
by Carl Katherine & Brown Susan A. & Dror Moshe & Durcikova Alexandra
March 2013, Volume 9, Issue 1
- 1-14 Is high-altitude mountaineering Russian roulette?
by Cheng Edward K.
- 15-24 Longitudinal analyses of Olympic athletics and swimming events find no gender gap in performance improvement
by Kovalchik Stephanie Ann & Stefani Ray
- 25-36 Game importance as a dimension of uncertainty of outcome
by Lei Xinrong & Humphreys Brad R.
- 37-50 Determining the level of ability of football teams by dynamic ratings based on the relative discrepancies in scores between adversaries
by Constantinou Anthony Costa & Fenton Norman Elliott
- 51-66 Spain retains its title and sets a new record – generalized linear mixed models on European football championships
by Groll Andreas & Abedieh Jasmin
- 67-76 Determining the Best Track Performances of All Time Using a Conceptual Population Model for Athletics Records
by Stephenson Alec G. & Tawn Jonathan A.
- 77-85 The anatomy of the bank shot in men’s basketball
by Silverberg Larry M.
- 87-96 Importance of attack speed in volleyball
by Fellingham Gilbert W. & Hinkle Lee J. & Hunter Iain
- 97-111 Estimating player contribution in hockey with regularized logistic regression
by Gramacy Robert B. & Taddy Matt & Jensen Shane T.
November 2012, Volume 8, Issue 4
- 1-28 An Exploratory Study of Minor League Baseball Statistics
by Chandler Gabriel & Stevens Guy
- 1-33 Tournament Selection Efficiency: An Analysis of the PGA TOUR's FedExCup
by Connolly Robert & Rendleman Richard J.
- 1-19 Pace and Critical Gradient for Hill Runners: An Analysis of Race Records
by Kay Anthony
- 1-17 And the 2011 Driving Champion Is? Dustin Johnson
by Heiny Erik L. & Heiny Robert
- 1-15 Predicting the Maximum Lead from Final Scores in Basketball: A Diffusion Model
by Schwarz Wolf
October 2012, Volume 8, Issue 3
- 1-19 Was There a Structural Break in Barry Bonds's Bat?
by Nieswiadomy Michael L. & Strazicich Mark C. & Clayton Stephen
- 1-44 The Sensitivity of College Football Rankings to Several Modeling Choices
by Karl Andrew T.
- 1-36 Estimating Fielding Ability in Baseball Players Over Time
by Piette James & Jensen Shane T.
- 1-26 Models for Third Down Conversion in the National Football League
by Cafarelli Ryan & Rigdon Christopher J. & Rigdon Steven E.
- 1-24 Adjusted Plus-Minus for NHL Players using Ridge Regression with Goals, Shots, Fenwick, and Corsi
by Macdonald Brian
- 1-23 New Insights on the Tendency of NCAA Basketball Officials to Even Out Foul Calls
by Noecker Cecilia A. & Roback Paul
- 1-19 A Comparison of the Autocorrelation and Variance of NFL Team Strengths Over Time using a Bayesian State-Space Model
by Koopmeiners Joseph S.
- 1-17 The Individual Factors of Successful Free Throw Shooting
by Maymin Allan Z. & Maymin Philip Z. & Shen Eugene
- 1-15 An Analysis of Curling Strategy
by Clement David
June 2012, Volume 8, Issue 2
- 1-23 Playing Success and Local Market Size in Spanish Football League: Can Small Cities Dream of Winning Teams?
by Sanchez Santos Jose Manuel & Dopico JesÃºs & Castellanos Pablo
- 1-27 Variations in Home Advantage: Evidence from the National Hockey League
by Doyle Joanne M. & Leard Benjamin
- 1-25 Comparing and Forecasting Performances in Different Events of Athletics Using a Probabilistic Model
by Godsey Brian
- 1-23 Testing the On-Court Efficacy of the NBA's Age Eligibility Rule
by Rodenberg Ryan & Kim Jun Woo
- 1-22 Robust Rankings for College Football
by Burer Samuel
- 1-20 Using Conditional Estimates to Simulate In-Play Outcomes in Limited Overs Cricket
by Sargent Jonathan RT & Bedford Anthony
- 1-19 Parsing the Relationship between Baserunning and Batting Abilities within Lineups
by Baumer Ben S. & Piette James & Null Brad
- 1-13 The Dreaded Middle Seeds - Are They the Worst Seeds in the NCAA Basketball Tournament?
by Morris Tracy L. & Bokhari Faryal H.
March 2012, Volume 8, Issue 1
- 1-13 Did the Best Team Win? Analysis of the 2010 Major League Baseball Postseason Using Monte Carlo Simulation
by Rudelius Thomas W.
- 1-36 Modeling Stadium Statue Subject Choice in U.S. Baseball and English Soccer
by Stride Chris & Thomas Ffion E. & Wilson John P. & Pahigian Josh
- 1-3 Looking Ahead - a Bright Future for JQAS
by Albert Jim
- 1-24 A Proposed Decision Rule for the Timing of Soccer Substitutions
by Myers Bret R.
- 1-20 Random Walk Picture of Basketball Scoring
by Gabel Alan & Redner Sidney
- 1-18 A Markov Model of Football: Using Stochastic Processes to Model a Football Drive
by Goldner Keith
- 1-17 Are the "Four Factors" Indicators of One Factor? An Application of Structural Equation Modeling Methodology to NBA Data in Prediction of Winning Percentage
by Baghal Tarek
- 1-14 Solving the Problem of Inadequate Scoring Rules for Assessing Probabilistic Football Forecast Models
by Constantinou Anthony Costa & Fenton Norman Elliott
- 1-13 Comparing Team Selection and Seeding for the 2011 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament
by Gray Kathy L. & Schwertman Neil C.
- 1-10 Predicting the Outcomes of NCAA Basketball Championship Games
by Stekler Herman O. & Klein Andrew
October 2011, Volume 7, Issue 4
- 1-19 The Penalty Shot/Optional Minor Choice in Ice Hockey
by Rigdon Steven E.
- 1-50 Going for the Green: A Simulation Study of Qualifying Success Probabilities in Professional Golf
by Connolly Robert A. & Rendleman Richard J.
- 1-4 The Next Step
by Alamar Benjamin C.
- 1-32 Using Tree Ensembles to Analyze National Baseball Hall of Fame Voting Patterns: An Application to Discrimination in BBWAA Voting
by Mills Brian M. & Salaga Steven
- 1-29 Using Local Correlation to Explain Success in Baseball
by Hamrick Jeff & Rasp John
- 1-26 A Hierarchical Bayesian Variable Selection Approach to Major League Baseball Hitting Metrics
by McShane Blakeley B. & Braunstein Alexander & Piette James & Jensen Shane T.
- 1-22 The Methodology of Officially Recognized International Sports Rating Systems
by Stefani Ray
- 1-21 Exploring Competition Performance in Decathlon Using Semi-Parametric Latent Variable Models
by Wimmer Valentin & Fenske Nora & Pyrka Patricia & Fahrmeir Ludwig
- 1-20 An Estimate of How Hitting, Pitching, Fielding, and Basestealing Impact Team Winning Percentages in Baseball
by Pavitt Charles
- 1-18 Scoring Strategies for the Underdog: A General, Quantitative Method for Determining Optimal Sports Strategies
by Skinner Brian
- 1-17 Ups and Downs: Team Performance in Best-of-Seven Playoff Series
by Swartz Tim B. & Tennakoon Aruni & Nathoo Farouk & Tsao Min & Sarohia Parminder
- 1-11 Effect of Differences in Kicking Legs, Kick Directions, and Kick Skill on Kicking Accuracy in Soccer Players
by Nagasawa Yoshinori & Demura Shinichi & Matsuda Shigeki & Uchida Yuu & Demura Tomohiro
July 2011, Volume 7, Issue 3
- 1-14 Predicting the Atlanta Falcons Play-Calling Using Discriminant Analysis
by Heiny Erik L & Blevins David
- 1-35 Prediction Accuracy of Linear Models for Paired Comparisons in Sports
by Chan Victor
- 1-31 You're Hurting My Game: Lineup Protection and Injuries in Major League Baseball
by Phillips David C
- 1-23 Using Generalizability Theory to Examine Scoring Reliability and Variability of Judging Panels in Skating Competitions
by Huang Jinyan & Foote Chandra J
- 1-22 Comparing Hall of Fame Baseball Players Using Most Valuable Player Ranks
by Kvam Paul H
- 1-20 Home Advantage in American College Football Games: A Multilevel Modelling Approach
by Wang Winnie & Johnston Ron & Jones Kelvyn
- 1-18 Match Analysis of Elite Ice Sledge Hockey in Paralympics 2010
by Häyrinen Mikko & Juntunen Jouni & Blomqvist Minna & Övermark Sami & Molik Bartosz & Kosmol Andrzej & Morgulec-Adamowicz Natalia
- 1-17 Are NFL Coaches Risk and Loss Averse? Evidence from Their Use of Kickoff Strategies
by Urschel John D & Zhuang Jun
- 1-16 Finally, Evidence for a Momentum Effect in the NBA
by Arkes Jeremy & Martinez Jose
- 1-15 Discriminating Factors between Successful and Unsuccessful Teams: A Case Study in Elite Youth Olympic Basketball Games
by Koh Koon Teck & John Wang & Mallett Clifford
- 1-14 Tweaking the NFL's Quarterback Passer Rating for Better Results
by von Dohlen Paul
- 1-13 Responses to Scoring or Conceding the First Goal in the NHL
by Jones Marshall B
- 1-11 Computing the Probability of Winning a Competition with an Application to Horse Races
by Rodriguez Alvaro
May 2011, Volume 7, Issue 2
- 1-19 Dynamic Effort, Sustainability, Myopia, and 110% Effort
by Shmanske Stephen
- 1-34 Optimal Dynamic Clustering Through Relegation and Promotion: How to Design a Competitive Sports League
by Puterman Martin L & Wang Qingchen
- 1-26 Uncovering Europe's Best Goalscorers from the 2009-2010 Season
by Oberstone Joel
- 1-19 Dependence Relationships between On Field Performance, Wins, and Payroll in Major League Baseball
by Stimel Derek S
- 1-18 An Extension of the Pythagorean Expectation for Association Football
by Hamilton Howard H
- 1-17 The Relationship between Leader Experience and Team Performance in Cross-Sectional and Longitudinal Designs
by Timmerman Thomas
- 1-16 Valuing Nostalgia: The Case of the Topps 1957 Baseball Cards
by Thompson Thomas H & Sen Kabir C
- 1-15 NFL Prediction using Committees of Artificial Neural Networks
by David John A. & Pasteur R. Drew & Ahmad M. Saif & Janning Michael C.
- 1-14 An Alternative to the NFL Draft Pick Value Chart Based upon Player Performance
by Schuckers Michael
- 1-13 Pitcher Accuracy Through Catcher Spotting: Assessing Rater Reliability
by Thomas Andrew
- 1-12 Reconsideration of the Best Batting Order in Baseball: Is the Order to Maximize the Expected Number of Runs Really the Best?
by Hirotsu Nobuyoshi
- 1-11 Defining the Performance Coefficient in Golf: A Case Study at the 2009 Masters
by Hoegh Andrew
- 1-10 Monte Carlo Simulation for High School Football Playoff Seed Projection
by Pasteur R. Drew & Janning Michael C.
January 2011, Volume 7, Issue 1
- 1-15 Model Averaging in Factor Analysis: An Analysis of Olympic Decathlon Data
by Schomaker Michael & Heumann Christian
- 1-47 How to Catch a Tiger: Understanding Putting Performance on the PGA TOUR
by Fearing Douglas & Acimovic Jason & Graves Stephen C
- 1-19 Optimal Targets for the Bank Shot in Men's Basketball
by Silverberg Larry M & Tran Chau M & Adams Taylor M
- 1-18 Comparing Team Performance of the English Premier League, Serie A, and La Liga for the 2008-2009 Season
by Oberstone Joel
- 1-17 Adjusting Winning-Percentage Standard Deviations and a Measure of Competitive Balance for Home Advantage
by Trandel Gregory A & Maxcy Joel G
- 1-15 Study of the Technical and Tactical Variables Determining Set Win or Loss in Top-Level European Men's Volleyball
by Rodriguez-Ruiz David & Quiroga Miriam E. & Miralles Jose A. & Sarmiento Samuel & de Saá Yves & García-Manso Juan M.
- 1-13 Socioeconomic Predictors of the 2010 FIFA World Cup
by Imperiale-Hagerman Stephen
- 1-12 Yellow Cards: Do They Matter?
by Anders Anne & Rotthoff Kurt W
- 1-11 Having the Second Leg at Home - Advantage in the UEFA Champions League Knockout Phase?
by Eugster Manuel J. A. & Gertheiss Jan & Kaiser Sebastian
October 2010, Volume 6, Issue 4
- 1-17 Evaluation of Individual and Team Judo Strengths Using AHP Technique and Team Competition Data
by Hirose Nobuyoshi & Nakamura Mitsuru & Hirotsu Nobuyoshi & Yoshimura Masafumi & Suganami Morio & Maekawa Naoya
- 1-36 That's the Second-Biggest Hitting Streak I've Ever Seen! Verifying Simulated Historical Extremes in Baseball
by Thomas Andrew C
- 1-31 Who Deserved the 2008-2009 Belgian Football Champion Title? A Semiparametric Answer
by Geenens Gery
- 1-30 Using the Count to Measure Pitching Performance
by Albert Jim
- 1-25 A Markov Process Model of the Number of Years Spent in Major League Baseball
by Krautmann Anthony C. & Ciecka James E. & Skoog Gary R.
- 1-19 A Closer Look at the Relative Age Effect in the National Hockey League
by Addona Vittorio & Yates Philip A
- 1-17 A Simplified Analysis of Contemporary Defensive Performance in the National Football League
by Morrison Harry L
- 1-15 A Game-Theoretic Approach to Personnel Decisions in American Football
by McGough Erin & Clemons Curtis & Ferrara Michael & Norfolk Timothy & Young Gerald W
- 1-12 Relationship between the Opponent Block and the Hitter in Elite Male Volleyball
by Araújo Rui Manuel & Castro José & Marcelino Rui & Mesquita Isabel R
July 2010, Volume 6, Issue 3
- 1-18 Home Advantage in Three National Netball Competitions: Australia (1997-2007), New Zealand (1998-2007) and England (2005/06-2008/09)
by Pledger Megan J & Morton R. Hugh
- 1-23 An Improved LRMC Method for NCAA Basketball Prediction
by Brown Mark & Sokol Joel
- 1-21 Scoring Variables and Judge Bias in United States Dressage Competitions
by Diaz Ana E. & Johnston Mary S. & Lucitti Jennifer & Neckameyer Wendi S. & Moran Katy M.
- 1-20 Rating/Ranking Systems, Post-Season Bowl Games, and "The Spread"
by Trono John A.
- 1-19 Relative Importance of Performance Factors in Winning NBA Games in Regular Season versus Playoffs
by Teramoto Masaru & Cross Chad L.
- 1-18 An Examination of Judging Consistency in a Combat Sport
by Myers Tony & Nevill Alan M & Al-Nakeeb Yahya
- 1-17 A Point-Mass Mixture Random Effects Model for Pitching Metrics
by Piette James & Braunstein Alexander & McShane Blakeley B & Jensen Shane T.
- 1-14 Simply Better: Using Regression Models to Estimate Major League Batting Averages
by Neal Dan & Tan James & Hao Feng & Wu Samuel S
- 1-13 Validation of Match Notation (A Coding System) in Tennis
by Hizan Hazuan & Whipp Peter R & Reid Machar
- 1-11 A New Approach in the Evaluation of Team Chess Championships Rankings
by Jeremic Veljko Milojko & Radojicic Zoran
July 2010, Volume 6, Issue 2
- 1-3 The 2009 New England Symposium on Statistics in Sports
by Glickman Mark & Evans Scott
January 2010, Volume 6, Issue 1
- 1-15 Negotiating Salaries through Quantile Regression
by Wiseman Frederick & Chatterjee Sangit
- 1-25 Scoring and Shooting Abilities of NBA Players
by Piette James & Anand Sathyanarayan & Zhang Kai
- 1-24 Do Fans Matter? The Effect of Attendance on the Outcomes of Major League Baseball Games
by Smith Erin E & Groetzinger Jon D.
- 1-19 Comparing English Premier League Goalkeepers: Identifying the Pitch Actions that Differentiate the Best from the Rest
by Oberstone Joel
- 1-18 The Price of Anarchy in Basketball
by Skinner Brian
- 1-16 Consistency and Pythagoras
by Braunstein Alexander
- 1-14 NHL Draft Order Based on Mathematical Elimination
by Gold Adam M
- 1-12 Revisiting the Hot Hand Theory with Free Throw Data in a Multivariate Framework
by Arkes Jeremy
October 2009, Volume 5, Issue 4
- 1-40 Testing the Commitment Hypothesis in Contractual Settings: Evidence from Soccer
by Carbonell-Nicolau Oriol & Comin Diego
- 1-26 Was Bradman Denied His Prime?
by Bracewell Paul J & Farhadieh Farinaz & Jowett Clint A & Forbes Don G. R. & Meyer Denny H
- 1-20 Cruel and Unusual Punishment? An Analysis of Point Deduction in European Association Football Leagues
by Cunniffe Nik J & Cook Alex R
- 1-13 Can Recruiting Rankings Predict the Success of NCAA Division I Football Teams? An Examination of the Relationships among Rivals and Scouts Recruiting Rankings and Jeff Sagarin End-of-Season Ratings in Collegiate Football
by Herda Trent J & Ryan Eric D & DeFreitas Jason M & Costa Pablo B & Walter Ashley A & Hoge Katherine M & Weir Joseph P & Cramer Joel T
July 2009, Volume 5, Issue 3
- 1-15 Research on the Prediction of the likely Winners of the Euro 2008 Football Tournament
by Halicioglu Ferda
- 1-44 Monte Carlo Tennis: A Stochastic Markov Chain Model
by Newton Paul K & Aslam Kamran