What's the potential impact of casino tax increases on wagering handle: estimates of the price elasticity of demand for casino gaming
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gulley, O. David & Scott, Frank A. Jr., 1993. "The Demand for Wagering on State-Operated Lotto Games," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 46(1), pages 13-22, March.
- Cook, Philip J & Clotfelter, Charles T, 1993. "The Peculiar Scale Economies of Lotto," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(3), pages 634-643, June.
- Gruen, Arthur, 1976. "An Inquiry into the Economics of Race-Track Gambling," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(1), pages 169-177, February.
- Richard Thalheimer & Mukhtar Ali, 2003. "The demand for casino gaming," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(8), pages 907-918.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Mark W. Nichols, 1998. "The Impact of Deregulation on Casino Win in Atlantic City," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 13(6), pages 713-726, December.
- Daniel B. Suits, 1979. "The Elasticity of Demand for Gambling," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 93(1), pages 155-162.
- Richard Thalheimer & Mukhtar M. Ali, 1995. "The Demand for Parimutuel Horse Race Wagering and Attendance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(1), pages 129-143, January.
- Lany DeBoer, 1986. "Lottery taxes may be too high," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(3), pages 594-596.
- Gulley, O. David & Scott, Frank A. Jr., 1993. "The Demand for Wagering on State-Operated Lotto Games," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 46(1), pages 13-22, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kathryn L. Combs & Jaebeom Kim & Jim Landers & John A. Spry, 2016. "The Responsiveness of Casino Revenue to the Casino Tax Rate," Public Budgeting & Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(3), pages 22-44, September.
- Xinhua Gu & Pui Sun Tam & Chun Kwok Lei & Xiao Chang, 2016. "The Economics of Taxation in Casino Tourism with Cross-border Market Power," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 113-125, February.
- Gu, Xinhua & Tam, Pui Sun, 2014. "Tax incidence and price discrimination: An application of theories to gambling markets," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 135-151.
- Juin-Jen Chang & Ching-Chong Lai & Ping Wang, 2017. "A Tale of Two Cities: Cross-Border Casino Competition Between Detroit and Windsor," NBER Working Papers 23969, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
- H0 - Public Economics - - General
- H7 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-08h00007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.