On Portfolio Choice with Savoring and Disappointment
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Elyès Jouini & Paul Karehnke & Clotilde Napp, 2013. "On Portfolio Choice with Savoring and Disappointment," Post-Print halshs-00927267, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christian Gollier & Alexander Muermann, 2010.
"Optimal Choice and Beliefs with Ex Ante Savoring and Ex Post Disappointment,"
INFORMS, vol. 56(8), pages 1272-1284, August.
- Gollier, Christian & Muermann, Alexander, 2006. "Optimal Choice and Beliefs with Ex Ante Savoring and Ex Post Disappointment," IDEI Working Papers 462, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised 2009.
- Gollier, Christian & Muermann, Alexander, 2006. "Optimal choice and beliefs with ex ante savoring and ex post disappointment," CFS Working Paper Series 2006/28, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Akerlof, George A & Dickens, William T, 1982. "The Economic Consequences of Cognitive Dissonance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 307-319, June.
- Uri Gneezy & John A. List & George Wu, 2006.
"The Uncertainty Effect: When a Risky Prospect is Valued Less than its Worst Possible Outcome,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 121(4), pages 1283-1309.
- Uri Gneezy & John List & George Wu, 2006. "The uncertainty effect: When a risky prospect is valued less than its worst possible outcome," Framed Field Experiments 00152, The Field Experiments Website.
- Bali, Turan G. & Cakici, Nusret & Whitelaw, Robert F., 2011. "Maxing out: Stocks as lotteries and the cross-section of expected returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 427-446, February.
- Constantinides, George M, 1990.
"Habit Formation: A Resolution of the Equity Premium Puzzle,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(3), pages 519-543, June.
- G. Constantinides, 1990. "Habit formation: a resolution of the equity premium puzzle," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1397, David K. Levine.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Jonathan A. Parker & Christian Gollier, 2007.
"Optimal Beliefs, Asset Prices, and the Preference for Skewed Returns,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 97(2), pages 159-165, May.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Christian Gollier & Jonathan A. Parker, 2007. "Optimal Beliefs, Asset Prices, and the Preference for Skewed Returns," NBER Working Papers 12940, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brunnermeier, Markus K. & Gollier, Christian & Parker, Jonathan A., 2007. "Optimal Beliefs, Asset Prices, and the Preference for Skewed Returns," IDEI Working Papers 429, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Brunnermeier, Markus K & Gollier, Christian & Parker, Jonathan A, 2007. "Optimal Beliefs, Asset Prices and the Preference for Skewed Returns," CEPR Discussion Papers 6181, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gul, Faruk, 1991. "A Theory of Disappointment Aversion," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 667-686, May.
- Andrew Caplin & John Leahy, 2001. "Psychological Expected Utility Theory and Anticipatory Feelings," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 116(1), pages 55-79.
- Alok Kumar, 2009. "Who Gambles in the Stock Market?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 64(4), pages 1889-1933, August.
- Graham Loomes & Robert Sugden, 1986. "Disappointment and Dynamic Consistency in Choice under Uncertainty," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(2), pages 271-282.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:theord:v:84:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s11238-017-9610-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:148:y:2018:i:c:p:34-45 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schneider, C.A.R. & Spalt, Oliver, 2016. "Conglomerate investment, skewness, and the CEO long shot bias," Other publications TiSEM 5d9321e2-35ea-40f9-9eae-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- repec:kap:theord:v:84:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11238-017-9629-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:oup:revfin:v:21:y:2017:i:6:p:2169-2197. is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsendogenous beliefs; anticipatory feelings; disappointment; optimism; portfolio choice; skewness; underdiversification;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:60:y:2014:i:3:p:796-804. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.