When More Alternatives Lead to Less Choice
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gamp, Tobias, 2015. "Search, Differentiated Products, and Obfuscation," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112886, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Simon P. Anderson & André de Palma, 2013. "Shouting to Be Heard in Advertising," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 59(7), pages 1545-1556, July.
- Drew Fudenberg, 2006.
"Advancing Beyond Advances in Behavioral Economics,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 44(3), pages 694-711, September.
- Fudenberg, Drew, 2006. "Advancing Beyond "Advances in Behavioral Economics"," Scholarly Articles 3208222, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Stan J. Liebowitz & Alejandro Zentner, 2016. "The internet as a celestial TiVo: What can we learn from cable television adoption?," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 40(3), pages 285-308, August.
- Nagler, Matthew G., 2015. "Trading off the benefits and costs of choice: Evidence from Australian elections," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 1-12.
- Timothy J. Richards & Stephen F. Hamilton & Koichi Yonezawa, 2017.
"Variety and the Cost of Search in Supermarket Retailing,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 50(3), pages 263-285, May.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Yonezawa, Koichi & Hamilton, Stephen F., 2014. "Variety and the cost of search in supermarket retailing," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182778, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Elena Reutskaja & Rosemarie Nagel & Colin F. Camerer & Antonio Rangel, 2011. "Search Dynamics in Consumer Choice under Time Pressure: An Eye-Tracking Study," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(2), pages 900-926, April.
- Karle, Heiko & Peitz, Martin, 2017.
"De-targeting: Advertising an assortment of products to loss-averse consumers,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 103-124.
- Karle, Heiko & Peitz, Martin, 2016. "De-targeting: advertising an assortment of products to loss-averse consumers," Working Papers 16-03, University of Mannheim, Department of Economics.
- Wilson, Chris M. & Garrod, Luke & Munro, Alistair, 2013.
"Default effects, transaction costs, and imperfect information,"
Elsevier, vol. 119(2), pages 213-215.
- Chris M. Wilson & Luke Garrod & Alistair Munro, 2012. "Default Effects, Transaction Costs, and Imperfect Information," GRIPS Discussion Papers 12-16, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Hamilton, Stephen F. & Empen, Janine, 2015. "Attribute Search in Online Retailing," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 202968, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Yan, Huan & Chang, En-Chung & Chou, Ting-Jui & Tang, Xiaofei, 2015. "The over-categorization effect: How the number of categorizations influences shoppers' perceptions of variety and satisfaction," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 631-638.
- Pelin Atahan & Sumit Sarkar, 2011. "Accelerated Learning of User Profiles," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(2), pages 215-239, February.
- Jason T. Abaluck & Jonathan Gruber, 2009. "Choice Inconsistencies Among the Elderly: Evidence from Plan Choice in the Medicare Part D Program," NBER Working Papers 14759, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Liang Guo & Yue Wu, 2016. "Consumer deliberation and quality signaling," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 233-269, September.
- Chorus, Caspar G., 2014. "Benefit of adding an alternative to one׳s choice set: A regret minimization perspective," Journal of choice modelling, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 49-59.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:19:y:2012:i:3:p:368-379 is not listed on IDEAS
- Simon P. Anderson & Régis Renault, 2013. "The Advertising Mix for a Search Good," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 59(1), pages 69-83, April.
- repec:oup:ajagec:v:99:y:2017:i:1:p: is not listed on IDEAS
- Richards, Timothy J. & Hamilton, Stephen F., 2011. "Variety and Cost Pass-Through among Supermarket Retailers," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114815, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Neeraj Arora & Ty Henderson & Qing Liu, 2011. "Noncompensatory Dyadic Choices," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(6), pages 1028-1047, November.
- Zawojska, Ewa & Czajkowski, Mikolaj & Giergiczny, Marek, 2018. "Valuing tap water quality improvements using stated preference methods. Does the number of discrete choice options matter?," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 274019, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- David Ong & Mengxia Zhang, 2016. "Choice averse behavior and sampling risk: a field experiment with actual shoppers," Framed Field Experiments 00547, The Field Experiments Website.
- repec:eee:joinma:v:37:y:2017:i:c:p:16-31 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jouret:v:87:y:2011:i:s1:p:s17-s28 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:joreco:v:25:y:2015:i:c:p:12-21 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liang Guo & Juanjuan Zhang, 2012. "Consumer Deliberation and Product Line Design," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(6), pages 995-1007, November.
- A. Gürhan Kök & Yi Xu, 2011. "Optimal and Competitive Assortments with Endogenous Pricing Under Hierarchical Consumer Choice Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(9), pages 1546-1563, February.
- Caplin, Andrew & Dean, Mark, 2011. "Search, choice, and revealed preference," Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 6(1), January.
- Catherine Tucker & Juanjuan Zhang, 2011. "How Does Popularity Information Affect Choices? A Field Experiment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(5), pages 828-842, May.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Hamilton, Stephen F. & Allender, William, 2016.
"Search and price dispersion in online grocery markets,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 255-281.
- Timothy Richards & Stephen Hamilton & William Allender, 2015. "Search and Price Dispersion in Online Grocery markets," Working Papers 1504, California Polytechnic State University, Department of Economics.
- Claire Mouminoux & Jean-Louis Rullière & Stéphane Loisel, 2018. "Obfuscation and Honesty Experimental Evidence on Insurance Demand with Multiple Distribution Channels," Working Papers hal-01819522, HAL.
- repec:eee:eecrev:v:101:y:2018:i:c:p:330-353 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jouret:v:91:y:2015:i:1:p:19-33 is not listed on IDEAS
- Timothy Richards & Stephen Hamilton, 2015. "Attribute Search in Online Retail Grocery Markets," Working Papers 1505, California Polytechnic State University, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:20:y:2013:i:3:p:282-291 is not listed on IDEAS
- Malone, Trey & Lusk, Jayson L., 2017. "The excessive choice effect meets the market: A field experiment on craft beer choice," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 8-13.
- Amit, Adi & Sagiv, Lilach, 2013. "The role of epistemic motivation in individuals’ response to decision complexity," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 121(1), pages 104-117.