Labour Force Participation and Employment of Humanitarian Migrants: Evidence from the Building a New Life in Australia Longitudinal Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chiswick, Barry R, 1978. "The Effect of Americanization on the Earnings of Foreign-born Men," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 897-921, October.
- George J. Borjas & Joan Monras, 2017.
"The labour market consequences of refugee supply shocks,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 32(91), pages 361-413.
- George J. Borjas & Joan Monras, 2016. "The Labor Market Consequences of Refugee Supply Shocks," NBER Working Papers 22656, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Borjas, George J. & Monras, Joan, 2016. "The Labor Market Consequences of Refugee Supply Shocks," IZA Discussion Papers 10212, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- George J. Borjas & Joan Monras, 2016. "The Labor Market Consequences of Refugee Supply Shocks," Working Papers wp2016_1616, CEMFI.
- George Borjas & Joan Monras, 2016. "The Labor Market Consequences of Refugee Supply Shocks," Working Papers id:11339, eSocialSciences.
- Husted, Leif & Skyt Nielsen, Helena & Rosholm, Michael & Smith, Nina, 2000.
"Employment and Wage Assimilation of Male First Generation Immigrants in Denmark,"
CLS Working Papers
00-1, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Centre for Labour Market and Social Research.
- Husted, L. & Nielsen, H.S. & Rosholm, M. & Smith, N., 2000. "Employment and Wage Assimilation of Male First Generation Immigrants in Denmark," Papers 00-01, Centre for Labour Market and Social Research, Danmark-.
- Husted, Leif & Nielsen, Helena Skyt & Rosholm, Michael & Smith, Nina, 2000. "Employment and Wage Assimilation of Male First Generation Immigrants in Denmark," IZA Discussion Papers 101, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Wang, Haining & Smyth, Russell & Cheng, Zhiming, 2017. "The economic returns to proficiency in English in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 91-104.
- Barry Chiswick & Paul Miller, 2001. "A model of destination-language acquisition: Application to male immigrants in Canada," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 38(3), pages 391-409, August.
- Denise Doiron & Denzil G. Fiebig & Meliyanni Johar & Agne Suziedelyte, 2015. "Does self-assessed health measure health?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(2), pages 180-194, January.
- Abdurrahman Aydemir, 2011.
"Immigrant selection and short-term labor market outcomes by visa category,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 24(2), pages 451-475, April.
- Aydemir, Abdurrahman, 2010. "Immigrant Selection and Short-Term Labour Market Outcomes by Visa Category," IZA Discussion Papers 4966, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Lori A. Beaman, 2012. "Social Networks and the Dynamics of Labour Market Outcomes: Evidence from Refugees Resettled in the U.S," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 79(1), pages 128-161.
More about this item
KeywordsAustralia; humanitarian migrant; human capital; labour force participation; employment status;
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:glodps:106. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/glaboea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.