Do Selection Criteria Make a Difference? Visa Category and the Labour Market Status of Immigrants to Australia
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pomfret, Richard, 1985. "Categorical Aggregation and International Trade: A Comment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(378), pages 483-485, June.
- Finger, J M, 1975. "Trade Overlap and Intra-Industry Trade," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 13(4), pages 581-589, December.
- Caves, Richard E, 1981. "Intra-Industry Trade and Market Structure in the Industrial Countries," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(2), pages 203-223, July.
- Clive Hamilton & Paul Kniest, 1991. "Trade liberalisation, structural adjustment and intra-industry trade: A note," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), pages 356-367.
- Krugman, Paul R, 1981. "Intraindustry Specialization and the Gains from Trade," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 959-973, October.
- Greenaway, David & Milner, Chris R, 1983. "On the Measurement of Intra-Industry Trade," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(372), pages 900-908, December.
- Jayant Menon & Peter Dixon, 1996. "How important is intra-industry trade in trade growth?," Open Economies Review, Springer, pages 161-175.
- Jayant Menon, 1994. "Trade Liberalisation, Closer Economic Relations and Intra-Industry Specialisation," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 27(2), pages 31-42.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mahuteau, Stéphane & Piracha, Matloob & Tani, Massimiliano, 2010.
"Selection Policy and Immigrants' Remittance Behaviour,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4874, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Matloob Piracha & Stephane Mahuteau & Massimiliano Tani, 2010. "Selection Policy and Immigrants’ Remittance Behaviour," Studies in Economics 1003, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Ahn T. Le, 2003. "Female Labour Market Participation: Differences Between Primary and Tied Movers," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 03-17, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Miguel Ángel Alcobendas & Núria Rodríquez-Planas, 2010. "Immigrants' Assimilation Process In A Segmented Labor Market," Working Papers 442, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Green, Colin & Kler, Parvinder & Leeves, Gareth, 2007. "Immigrant overeducation: Evidence from recent arrivals to Australia," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, pages 420-432.
- Stéphane Mahuteau & P.N. (Raja) Junankar, 2008.
"Do Migrants get Good Jobs in Australia? The Role of Ethnic Networks in Job Search,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, pages 115-130.
- Mahuteau, Stéphane & Junankar, Pramod N. (Raja), 2008. "Do Migrants Get Good Jobs in Australia? The Role of Ethnic Networks in Job Search," IZA Discussion Papers 3489, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mahuteau, Stephane & Junankar, Pramod, 2007. "Do Migrants succeed in the Australian Labour Market? Furher Evidence on Job Quality," MPRA Paper 8703, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Mar 2008.
- Abdurrahman Aydemir, 2014. "Skill-based immigration, economic integration, and economic performance," IZA World of Labor, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA), pages 1-41.
- Deborah A. Cobb-Clark, 2006.
"Selection Policy and the Labour Market Outcomes of New Immigrants,"
Chapters,in: Public Policy and Immigrant Settlement, chapter 2
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Cobb-Clark, Deborah A., 2004. "Selection Policy and the Labour Market Outcomes of New Immigrants," IZA Discussion Papers 1380, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alcobendas, Miguel Angel & Rodríguez-Planas, Núria, 2009.
"Immigrants' Assimilation Process in a Segmented Labor Market,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4394, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Miguel Angel Alcobendas & Núria Rodríquez-Planas, 2010. "Immigrants' Assimilation Process In A Segmented Labor Market," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 822.10, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Chiswick, Barry R. & Lee, Yew Liang & Miller, Paul W., 2002. "Immigrants' Language Skills: The Australian Experience in a Longitudinal Survey," IZA Discussion Papers 502, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Núria Rodríguez-Planas & Raquel Vegas, 2011.
"Moroccans' Assimilation In Spain: Family-Based Versus Labor-Based Migration,"
Middle East Development Journal (MEDJ),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 3(02), pages 119-139.
- Rodríguez-Planas, Núria & Vegas, Raquel, 2012. "Moroccans' Assimilation in Spain: Family-Based versus Labor-Based Migration," IZA Discussion Papers 6368, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cat Moody, 2006. "Migration and Economic Growth: a 21st Century Perspective," Treasury Working Paper Series 06/02, New Zealand Treasury.
- Abdurrahman Aydemir, 2013.
"Skill-based immigrant selection and labor market outcomes by visa category,"
Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Migration, chapter 23, pages 432-452
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Aydemir, Abdurrahman, 2012. "Skill Based Immigrant Selection and Labor Market Outcomes by Visa Category," IZA Discussion Papers 6433, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Barry R. Chiswick & Yew Liang Lee & Paul W. Miller, 2002. "Immigrants' Language Skills: The Australian Experience," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 02-07, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Justin van de Ven & Sarah Voitchovsky, 2015. "Skilled migrants and labour market integration: how important is the selection process?," IZA Journal of Migration, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), pages 1-28.
- Laura Hill & Joseph Hayes, 2011. "How would selecting for skill change flows of immigrants to the United States? A simulation of three merit-based point systems," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 1-23, March.
- Karin Eriksson & Randi Hjalmarsson & Matthew Lindquist & Anna Sandberg, 2016.
"The importance of family background and neighborhood effects as determinants of crime,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, pages 219-262.
- Matthieu Chemin & Nagham Sayour, 2016. "The effects of a change in the point system on immigration: evidence from the 2001 Quebec reform," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, pages 1217-1247.
- Hederos Eriksson, Karin & Hjalmarsson, Randi & Lindquist, Matthew & Sandberg, Anna, 2014. "The Importance of Family Background and Neighborhood Effects as Determinants of Crime," CEPR Discussion Papers 9911, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Prem Thapa, 2004. "On The Risk Of Unemployment: A Comparative Assessment of the Labour Market Success of Migrants in Australia," CEPR Discussion Papers 473, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ecorec:v:76:y:2000:i:232:p:15-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/esausea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.