Measuring Productivity in the System of National Accounts
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Diewert, W E, 1974. "Intertemporal Consumer Theory and the Demand for Durables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(3), pages 497-516, May.
- W. Erwin Diewert & Ann Marie Smith, 1994. "Productivity Measurement for a Distribution Firm," NBER Working Papers 4812, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feenstra, Robert C., 1986. "Functional equivalence between liquidity costs and the utility of money," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 271-291, March.
- Edwin Dean & Michael Harper, 2001. "The BLS Productivity Measurement Program," NBER Chapters,in: New Developments in Productivity Analysis, pages 55-84 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carol Corrado & John Haltiwanger & Dan Sichel, 2005. "Measuring Capital in the New Economy," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number corr05-1.
- J. Christina Wang & Susanto Basu & John G. Fernald, 2009.
"A General-Equilibrium Asset-Pricing Approach to the Measurement of Nominal and Real Bank Output,"
NBER Chapters,in: Price Index Concepts and Measurement, pages 273-320
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J. Christina Wang & Susanto Basu & John G. Fernald, 2004. "A general-equilibrium asset-pricing approach to the measurement of nominal and real bank output," Working Papers 04-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- J. Christina Wang & Susanto Basu & John G. Fernald, 2008. "A General-Equilibrium Asset-Pricing Approach to the Measurement of Nominal and Real Bank Output," NBER Working Papers 14616, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W, 1970. "U.S. Real Product and Real Factor Input, 1929-1967," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 16(1), pages 19-50, March.
- W. Erwin Diewert, 1980. "Aggregation Problems in the Measurement of Capital," NBER Chapters,in: The Measurement of Capital, pages 433-538 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fixler, Dennis & Zieschang, Kimberly D, 1991. "Measuring the Nominal Value of Financial Services in the National Income Accounts," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(1), pages 53-68, January.
- Nancy D. Ruggles & Richard Ruggles, 1970. "The Design of Economic Accounts," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number rugg70-1.
- Rymes, T K, 1983. "More on the Measurement of Total Factor Productivity," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 29(3), pages 297-316, September.
- Nancy D. Ruggles & Richard Ruggles, 1970. "Introduction to "The Design of Economic Accounts"," NBER Chapters,in: The Design of Economic Accounts, pages 1-7 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dennis Fixler, 2009. "Incorporating Financial Services in a Consumer Price Index," NBER Chapters,in: Price Index Concepts and Measurement, pages 239-266 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jorgenson, Dale W & Fraumeni, Barbara M, 1992. " Investment in Education and U.S. Economic Growth," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(0), pages 51-70, Supplemen.
- W. Erwin Diewert & John S. Greenlees & Charles R. Hulten, 2009. "Price Index Concepts and Measurement," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number diew08-1.
- Dennis J. Fixler & Kimberly D. Zieschang, 1992. "User Costs, Shadow Prices, and the Real Output of Banks," NBER Chapters,in: Output Measurement in the Service Sectors, pages 219-243 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Donal J. Donovan, 1978. "Modeling the Demand for Liquid Assets: An Application to Canada (Etablissement d'un modÃ¨le de demande d'actifs liquides: application au Canada) (ConstrucciÃ³n de un modelo de demanda de activos lÃqu," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 25(4), pages 676-704, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Burda, Michael C. & Severgnini, Battista, 2014.
"Solow residuals without capital stocks,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 154-171.
- Michael C. Burda & Battista Severgnini, 2008. "Solow Residuals without Capital Stocks," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2008-040, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Burda, Michael C & Severgnini, Battista, 2010. "Solow Residuals without Capital Stocks," CEPR Discussion Papers 7990, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- K L Krishna & Deb Kusum Das & Abdul Azeez Erumban & Suresh Aggarwal & Pilu Chandra Das, 2016. "Productivity Dynamics in India's Service Sector: An Industry-Level Perspective," Working Papers id:11401, eSocialSciences.
- Andrés Maroto-Sánchez, 2010. "Productivity in the services sector: conventional and current explanations," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(5), pages 719-746, October.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:247:y:2016:i:2:d:10.1007_s10479-015-1873-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Dai, Yunhao & Kong, Dongmin & Xu, Jin, 2017. "Does fairness breed efficiency? Pay gap and firm productivity in China," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 406-422.
- Robert Inklaar & Marcel P. Timmer & Bart van Ark, 2008. "Data for Productivity Measurement in Market Services: An International Comparison," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 16, pages 72-81, Spring.
- Robert E. Yuskavage & Erich H. Strassner & Gabriel W. Medeiros, 2008. "Domestic Outsourcing and Imported Inputs in the U.s. Economy: Insights from Integrated Economic Accounts," BEA Papers 0090, Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Susan N. Houseman, "undated". "Offshoring and Import Price Measurement," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles snh20111, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
More about this item
KeywordsTotal factor productivity growth; production accounts; System of National Accounts; exports and imports in the input output accounts; the measurement;
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
- C82 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Macroeconomic Data; Data Access
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
- D92 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Intertemporal Firm Choice, Investment, Capacity, and Financing
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
- F11 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Neoclassical Models of Trade
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-11-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2007-11-24 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-MAC-2007-11-24 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ubc:bricol:diewert-07-11-16-12-39-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maureen Chin). General contact details of provider: http://www.economics.ubc.ca/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.