Measuring Productivity Change without Neoclassical Assumptions: A Conceptual Analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bert M. Balk, 2007. "Measuring Productivity Change without Neoclassical Assumptions: A Conceptual Analysis," CEPA Working Papers Series WP042007, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nicholas Oulton, 2007.
"Ex Post Versus Ex Ante Measures Of The User Cost Of Capital,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 53(2), pages 295-317, June.
- Nicholas Oulton, 2005. "Ex Post Versus Ex Ante Measures of the User Cost of Capital," CEP Discussion Papers dp0698, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Oulton, Nicholas, 2005. "Ex post versus ex ante measures of the user cost of capital," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19885, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Marcel P. Timmer & Mary O’Mahony & Bart van Ark, 2007. "EU KLEMS Growth and Productivity Accounts: An Overview," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 14, pages 71-85, Spring.
- Basu, Susanto & Fernald, John G., 2002. "Aggregate productivity and aggregate technology," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(6), pages 963-991, June.
- Denis Lawrence & W. Diewert & Kevin Fox, 2006. "The contributions of productivity, price changes and firm size to profitability," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 1-13, August.
- Rymes, T K, 1983. "More on the Measurement of Total Factor Productivity," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 29(3), pages 297-316, September.
- Diewert, W Erwin, 1978. "Superlative Index Numbers and Consistency in Aggregation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(4), pages 883-900, July.
- Roland Spant, 2003. "Why Net Domestic Product Should Replace Gross Domestic Product as a Measure of Economic Growth," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 7, pages 39-43, Fall.
- Friedman, Benjamin M, 1988. "Lessons on Monetary Policy from the 1980s," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 51-72, Summer.
- Robert Inklaar & Marcel Timmer, 2008. "Accounting for growth in retail trade: an international productivity comparison," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 23-31, February.
- Abdul Azeez Erumban, 2008. "Rental Prices, Rates of Return, Capital Aggregation and Productivity: Evidence from EU and US," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 54(3), pages 499-533, September.
- Abdul Azeez Erumban, 2008. "Lifetimes Of Machinery And Equipment: Evidence From Dutch Manufacturing," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 54(2), pages 237-268, June.
- Robert W. Dimand & John Geanakoplos, 2005. "Celebrating Irving Fisher," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(1), pages 3-18, January.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Mun S. Ho & Kevin J. Stiroh, 2005. "Productivity, Volume 3: Information Technology and the American Growth Resurgence," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 3, number 0262101114, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Henry van der Wiel & Harold Creusen & George van Leeuwen & Eugene van der Pijll, 2008. "Cross your border and look around," DEGIT Conference Papers c013_005, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- repec:dgr:rugggd:gd-103 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert Inklaar, 2010.
"The Sensitivity Of Capital Services Measurement: Measure All Assets And The Cost Of Capital,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 56(2), pages 389-412, June.
- Inklaar, Robert, 2008. "The Sensitivity of Capital Services Measurement: Measure all assets and the cost of capital," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-103, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Giraleas, Dimitris & Emrouznejad, Ali & Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 2012.
"Productivity change using growth accounting and frontier-based approaches – Evidence from a Monte Carlo analysis,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 222(3), pages 673-683.
- Giraleas, Dimitris & Emrouznejad, Ali & Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 2011. "Productivity change using growth accounting and frontier-based approaches – Evidence from a Monte Carlo analysis," MPRA Paper 37429, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Polder, Michael & Veldhuizen, Erik & Bergen, Dirk van den & Pijll, Eugène van der, 2009. "Micro and macro indicators of competition: comparison and relation with productivity change," MPRA Paper 18898, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Diewert W.Erwin, 2010. "User Costs versus Waiting Services and Depreciation in a Model of Production," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 230(6), pages 759-771, December.
- Joseph Plasmans, 2011. "Productivity and Competition from a Global Point of View," Chapters,in: The Handbook of Globalisation, Second Edition, chapter 14 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:bla:revinw:v:63:y:2017:i::p:s169-s193 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hulten, Charles R., 2010. "Growth Accounting," Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, Elsevier.
More about this item
KeywordsHF5686.P86; capital; decomposition; index number theory; producer; productivity; profit; profitability;
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
- C44 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Operations Research; Statistical Decision Theory
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- M - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ems:eureri:13876. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RePub). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/erimanl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.