The contributions of productivity, price changes and firm size to profitability
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jorgenson, Dale W, 1996.
"Empirical Studies of Depreciation,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(1), pages 24-42, January.
- Jorgenson, D.W., 1994. "Empirical Studies of Depriciation," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1704, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1973. "Transcendental Logarithmic Production Frontiers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(1), pages 28-45, February.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-670, May.
- Diewart, W Erwin & Morrison, Catherine J, 1986.
"Adjusting Output and Productivity Indexes for Changes in the Terms of Trade,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(383), pages 659-679, September.
- W. Erwin Diewert & Catherine J. Morrison, 1985. "Adjusting Output and Productivity Indexes for Changes in the Terms of Trade," NBER Working Papers 1564, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- W. Erwin Diewert & Kevin J. Fox, 1999. "Can measurement error explain the productivity paradox?," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 32(2), pages 251-280, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eling, Martin & Jia, Ruo & Schaper, Philipp, 2017. "Get the Balance Right: A Simultaneous Equation Model to Analyze Growth, Profitability, and Safety," Working Papers on Finance 1716, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Denis a. Lawrence & Gert Van der westhuizen, 2008. "Measuring The Allocation Of Eskom'S Productivity Dividend," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 76(3), pages 537-547, September.
- Diewert, W. Erwin & Fox, Kevin J., 2016. "Kevin J. Fox Interview of W. Erwin Diewert," Microeconomics.ca working papers erwin_diewert-2016-6, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 02 Jun 2016.
- Bert M. Balk, 2007.
"Measuring Productivity Change without Neoclassical Assumptions: A Conceptual Analysis,"
CEPA Working Papers Series
WP042007, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Balk, B.M., 2008. "Measuring Productivity Change without Neoclassical Assumptions: A Conceptual Analysis," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2008-077-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Hudon, Marek & Périlleux, Anaïs, 2014. "Surplus distribution and characteristics of social enterprises: Evidence from microfinance," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 147-157.
- Diewert, W. Erwin & Fox, Kevin J., 2017. "The Difference Approach to Productivity Measurement and Exact Indicators," Microeconomics.ca working papers erwin_diewert-2017-10, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 24 Nov 2017.
- Maziotis, Alexandros & Saal, David S. & Thanassoulis, Emmanuel & Molinos-Senante, María, 2016. "Price-cap regulation in the English and Welsh water industry: A proposal for measuring productivity performance," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 22-30.
- Bert M. Balk, 2010. "An Assumption-Free Framework For Measuring Productivity Change," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 56(s1), pages 224-256, June.
- Hwang, Won-Sik & Lee, Jeong-Dong, 2013. "Profitability and productivity changes in the Korean electricity industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 531-542.
- Grifell-Tatje, E. & Lovell, C. A. Knox, 2004. "Decomposing the dividend," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 500-518, September.
More about this item
KeywordsIndex number theory; Productivity growth; Returns to shareholders; Customers and workers; Regulation of utilities; C43; D24;
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:26:y:2006:i:1:p:1-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .