Information technology and U.S. productivity growth: evidence from a prototype industry production account
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Mun S. Ho & Jon D. Samuels, 2012. "Information Technology and US Productivity Growth: Evidence from a Prototype Industry Production Account," Chapters,in: Industrial Productivity in Europe, chapter 2 Edward Elgar Publishing.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brynjolfsson, Erik, 2013.
"Wired for Innovation: How Information Technology Is Reshaping the Economy,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262518611, January.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Adam Saunders, 2009. "Wired for Innovation: How Information Technology is Reshaping the Economy," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262013665, January.
- Brynjolfsson, Erik, 2011. "Wired for Innovation: How Information Technology Is Reshaping the Economy," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262013666, January.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Mun S. Ho & Kevin J. Stiroh, 2008.
"A Retrospective Look at the U.S. Productivity Growth Resurgence,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 22(1), pages 3-24, Winter.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Mun S. Ho & Kevin J. Stiroh, 2007. "A retrospective look at the U.S. productivity growth resurgence," Staff Reports 277, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Dale Jorgenson & Mun Ho & Jon Samuels & Kevin Stiroh, 2007. "Industry Origins of the American Productivity Resurgence," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 229-252.
- Oulton, Nicholas, 2007.
"Jeremy Greenwood and Per Krusell, "growth accounting with investment-specific technological progress: a discussion of two approaches" a rejoinder,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
19710, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Nicholas Oulton, 2007. "Jeremy Greenwood and Per Krusell, 'Growth Accounting with Investment-Specific Technological Progress: A Discussion of Two Approaches' A Rejoinder," CEP Discussion Papers dp0802, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- D. W. Jorgenson & Z. Griliches, 1967. "The Explanation of Productivity Change," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(3), pages 249-283.
- Robert M. Solow, 1956. "A Contribution to the Theory of Economic Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(1), pages 65-94.
- Jorgenson, Dale W., 1966. "The Embodiment Hypothesis," Scholarly Articles 3403063, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Zvi Griliches, 1960. "Measuring Inputs in Agriculture: A Critical Survey," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 42(5), pages 1411-1427.
- Michael J. Harper & Brent R. Moulton & Steven Rosenthal & David B. Wasshausen, 2009. "Integrated GDP-Productivity Accounts," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(2), pages 74-79, May.
- Dale W. Jorgenson, 1966. "The Embodiment Hypothesis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 1-1.
- Ann M. Lawson & Brian C. Moyer & Sumiye Okubo, 2006. "Integrating Industry and National Economic Accounts: First Steps and Future Improvements," NBER Chapters,in: A New Architecture for the U.S. National Accounts, pages 215-262 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oulton, Nicholas, 2007.
"Investment-specific technological change and growth accounting,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 1290-1299, May.
- Nicholas Oulton, 2004. "Investment-specific technological change and growth accounting," Bank of England working papers 213, Bank of England.
- Barbara M. Fraumeni & Michael J. Harper & Susan G. Powers, 2006. "An Integrated BEA/BLS Production Account: A First Step and Theoretical Considerations," NBER Chapters,in: A New Architecture for the U.S. National Accounts, pages 355-435 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mary O'Mahony & Marcel P. Timmer, 2009. "Output, Input and Productivity Measures at the Industry Level: The EU KLEMS Database," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 119(538), pages 374-403, June.
- Greenwood, Jeremy & Krusell, Per, 2007. "Growth accounting with investment-specific technological progress: A discussion of two approaches," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 1300-1310, May.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Mun S. Ho & Kevin J. Stiroh, 2005. "Productivity, Volume 3: Information Technology and the American Growth Resurgence," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 3, number 0262101114, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brianna Cardiff-Hicks & Francine Lafontaine & Kathryn Shaw, 2015. "Do Large Modern Retailers Pay Premium Wages?," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 68(3), pages 633-665, May.
- Díaz-Chao, Ángel & Sainz-González, Jorge & Torrent-Sellens, Joan, 2015. "ICT, innovation, and firm productivity: New evidence from small local firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 1439-1444.
- Marinko Škare & Daniel Tomic, 2014. "Examining the Link between Innovation, Productivity and Growth: a Global View," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 16(36), pages 606-606, May.
- repec:spr:jknowl:v:8:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s13132-016-0441-1 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsTotal factor productivity; NAICS; Growth accounting; Information technology; O47; D24;
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:36:y:2011:i:2:p:159-175. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .