Growth accounting with investment-specific technological progress: A discussion of two approaches
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Prescott, Edward C., 1986.
"Theory ahead of business-cycle measurement,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 11-44, January.
- Andreas Hornstein & Per Krusell, 1996. "Can Technology Improvements Cause Productivity Slowdowns?," NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1996, Volume 11, pages 209-276 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Solow, 2001. "After "Technical Progress and the Aggregate Production Function"," NBER Chapters,in: New Developments in Productivity Analysis, pages 173-178 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hulten, Charles R, 1992. "Growth Accounting When Technical Change Is Embodied in Capital," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 964-980, September.
- repec:ucp:bknber:9780226304557 is not listed on IDEAS
- Greenwood, Jeremy & Hercowitz, Zvi & Krusell, Per, 1997.
"Long-Run Implications of Investment-Specific Technological Change,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 87(3), pages 342-362, June.
- Greenwood, J. & Hercowitz, Z. & Krusell, P., 1995. "Long-Run Implications of Investment-Specific Technological Change," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9510, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Greenwood, J. & Hercowitz, Z. & Krusell, P., 1996. "Long-Run Implications of Investment-Specific Technological Change," RCER Working Papers 420, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Evsey D. Domar, 1963. "Total Productivity and the Quality of Capital," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 71, pages 586-586.
- Oulton, Nicholas, 2007.
"Investment-specific technological change and growth accounting,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 1290-1299, May.
- Nicholas Oulton, 2004. "Investment-specific technological change and growth accounting," Bank of England working papers 213, Bank of England.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1982.
"Time to Build and Aggregate Fluctuations,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1345-1370, November.
- Finn E. Kydland & Edward C. Prescott, 1982. "Executable program for "Time to Build and Aggregate Fluctuations"," QM&RBC Codes 4, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Finn E. Kydland & Edward C. Prescott, 1982. "Web interface for "Time to Build and Aggregate Fluctuations"," QM&RBC Codes 4a, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Robert J. Gordon, 1990. "The Measurement of Durable Goods Prices," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gord90-1.
- Jorgenson, Dale W., 1966. "The Embodiment Hypothesis," Scholarly Articles 3403063, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Mark Bils, 2004. "Measuring the Growth from Better and Better Goods," NBER Working Papers 10606, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dale W. Jorgenson, 1966. "The Embodiment Hypothesis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 1-1.
- Charles R. Hulten, 1992. "Growth Accounting When Technical Change is Embodied in Capital," NBER Working Papers 3971, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andreas Hornstein & Per Krusell, 2000. "The IT revolution : is it evident in the productivity numbers?," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Fall, pages 49-78.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Molinari, Benedetto & Rodríguez, Jesús & Torres, José L., 2013.
"Growth and technological progress in selected Pacific countries,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 60-71.
- Benedetto Molinari & Jesús Rodríguez López & Jose Luis Torres, 2012. "Technological Progress and Growth in Selected Pacific Countries," Working Papers 12.07, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- Oulton, Nicholas, 2012.
"Long term implications of the ICT revolution: Applying the lessons of growth theory and growth accounting,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1722-1736.
- Nicholas Oulton, 2010. "Long Term Implications of the ICT Revolution: Applying the Lessons of Growth Theory and Growth Accounting," CEP Discussion Papers dp1027, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Oulton, Nicholas, 2010. "Long term implications of the ICT revolution: applying the lessons of growth theory and growth accounting," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 49303, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Raúl Fuentes Z. & Javier Scavia D. & Juan Berríos P., 2014. "About the long-term distributional impact of embodied technological progress (without spillover effects) in developing countries," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 17(3), pages 28-54, December.
- José Reyes Bernal B., 2010. "El residuo de Solow revisado," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 12(23), pages 347-361, July-Dece.
- B. Bhaskara Rao & Arusha Cooray, 2012.
"How useful is growth literature for policies in the developing countries?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(6), pages 671-681, February.
- Rao, B. Bhaskara & Cooray, Arusha, 2009. "How useful is Growth Literature for Policies in the Developing Countries?," MPRA Paper 14573, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cooray, Arusha & B. Bhaskara Rao, 2009. "How Useful is Growth Literature for Policies in the Developing Countries?," Economics Working Papers wp09-09, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Li, Hao-Chung & Lee, Wen-Chieh & Ko, Bo-Ting, 2017.
"What determines misallocation in innovation? A study of regional innovation in China,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 221-237.
- Li, Hao-Ching & Lee, Wen-Chieh & Ko, Bo-Ting, 2016. "What determines misallocation in innovation? A study of regional innovation in China," MPRA Paper 77998, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 03 Dec 2016.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Mun S. Ho & Jon D. Samuels, 2012.
"Information Technology and US Productivity Growth: Evidence from a Prototype Industry Production Account,"
Chapters,in: Industrial Productivity in Europe, chapter 2
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Dale Jorgenson & Mun Ho & Jon Samuels, 2011. "Information technology and U.S. productivity growth: evidence from a prototype industry production account," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 159-175, October.
- Bishnu, Monisankar & Ghate, Chetan & Gopalakrishnan, Pawan, 2011. "Distortionary Taxes and Public Investment in a Model of Endogenous Investment Specific Technological Change," MPRA Paper 34111, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- B. Bhaskara Rao & Arusha Cooray, 2008.
"How useful is the Theoretical and Empirical Growth Literature for Policies in the Developing Countries?,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI_RP_2008_09, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Rao, B. Bhaskara & Cooray, Arusha, 2008. "How useful is the theoretical and empirical growth literature for policies in the developing countries?," MPRA Paper 11481, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ricardo Azevedo Araujo & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2012. "Capital-Specific Technological Change and Human Capital Accumulation in a Model of Export-Led Growth," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 65(262), pages 275-311.
- Max Floetotto & Nir Jaimovich & Seth Pruitt, 2009. "Markup variation and endogenous fluctuations in the price of investment goods," International Finance Discussion Papers 968, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Massimo Del Gatto & Adriana Di Liberto & Carmelo Petraglia, 2011. "Measuring Productivity," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(5), pages 952-1008, December.
- Dale W. Jorgenson, 2012. "The World KLEMS Initiative," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 24, pages 5-19, Fall.
- Ricardo Azevedo Araujo & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2008. "Investment-Specific Technological Change, Investment Sectoral Allocation and Human Capital Accumulation in a Model of Export-Led Growth," Anais do XXXVI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 36th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 200807211332520, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- José Reyes Bernal Bellón, 2013. "La relación entre crecimiento económico y el mercado bursatil," REVISTA CIFE, UNIVERSIDAD SANTO TOMÁS, December.
- Jorge Durán & Omar Licandro & Luis A. Puch, 2006. "Sobre la medición del crecimiento económico en presencia de progreso técnico incorporado," Working Papers 2006-24, FEDEA.
- Thomas Niebel & Marianne Saam, 2016. "ICT and Growth: The Role of Rates of Return and Capital Prices," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 62(2), pages 283-310, June.
- Diego Martínez & Jesús Rodríguez-López & José L. Torres, 2008. "Productivity growth and technological change in Europe and the U.S," Working Papers 2008-10, Universidad de Málaga, Department of Economic Theory, Málaga Economic Theory Research Center.
- Ghebremichael, Asghedom & Potter-Witter, Karen, 2009. "Effects of tax incentives on long-run capital formation and total factor productivity growth in the Canadian sawmilling industry," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 85-94, March.
- repec:eee:jmacro:v:52:y:2017:i:c:p:268-286 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:moneco:v:54:y:2007:i:4:p:1300-1310. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505566 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.