The Many Decompositions of Total Factor Productivity Change
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Agrell, Per J. & Martin West, B., 2001. "A caveat on the measurement of productive efficiency," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Ray, Subhash C & Desli, Evangelia, 1997. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress, and Efficiency Change in Industrialized Countries: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(5), pages 1033-1039, December.
- Christos Pantzios & Giannis Karagiannis & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2011.
"Parametric decomposition of the input-oriented Malmquist productivity index: with an application to Greek aquaculture,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 21-31, August.
- Christos Pantzios & Giannis Karagiannis & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2005. "Parametric Decomposition of the Input-Oriented Malmquist Productivity Index: With an Application to Greek Aquaculture," Working Papers 0518, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Maniadakis, Nikolaos & Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 2004. "A cost Malmquist productivity index," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(2), pages 396-409, April.
- Nikolaos Maniadakis & Emmanuel Thanassoulis, 2000. "Assessing productivity changes in UK hospitals reflecting technology and input prices," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(12), pages 1575-1589.
- Balk, B.M. & Barbero, J. & Zofío, J.L., 2018. "A Total Factor Productivity Toolbox for MATLAB," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2018-004-LIS, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Ku-Hsieh Chen & Hao-Yen Yang, 2011. "A cross-country comparison of productivity growth using the generalised metafrontier Malmquist productivity index: with application to banking industries in Taiwan and China," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 197-212, June.
- Aparicio, Juan & Pastor, Jesus T. & Zofio, Jose L., 2015.
"How to properly decompose economic efficiency using technical and allocative criteria with non-homothetic DEA technologies,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 240(3), pages 882-891.
- Aparicio, Juan & Pastor, Jesús & Zofío, José Luis, 2013. "How to properly decompose economic efficiency using technical and allocative criteria with non-homothetic DEA technologies," Working Papers in Economic Theory 2013/11, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- Epure, Mircea & Kerstens, Kristiaan & Prior, Diego, 2011. "Technology-based total factor productivity and benchmarking: New proposals and an application," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 608-619, December.
- Thanassoulis, Emmanuel & Shiraz, Rashed Khanjani & Maniadakis, Nikolaos, 2015. "A cost Malmquist productivity index capturing group performance," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 241(3), pages 796-805.
- Gerald Granderson & Diego Prior, 2013. "Environmental externalities and regulation constrained cost productivity growth in the US electric utility industry," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 243-257, June.
- R. Robert Russell & William Schworm, 2018. "Technological inefficiency indexes: a binary taxonomy and a generic theorem," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 17-23, February.
- Barnabé Walheer, 2018. "Cost Malmquist productivity index: an output-specific approach for group comparison," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 79-94, February.
More about this item
Keywordstotal factor productivity; index; decomposition; Malmquist; Moorsteen; Bjurek; Fisher; Törnqvist;
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EFF-2018-05-07 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ems:eureri:104721. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RePub). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/erimanl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.