How to properly decompose economic efficiency using technical and allocative criteria with non-homothetic DEA technologies
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Aparicio, Juan & Pastor, Jesus T. & Zofio, Jose L., 2015. "How to properly decompose economic efficiency using technical and allocative criteria with non-homothetic DEA technologies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(3), pages 882-891.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jose Zofio & Jesus Pastor & Juan Aparicio, 2013.
"The directional profit efficiency measure: on why profit inefficiency is either technical or allocative,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 257-266, December.
- Zofío, José Luis & Pastor, Jesús & Aparicio, Juan, 2010. "The Directional Profit Efficiency Measure: On Why Profit Inefficiency is either Technical or Allocative," Working Papers in Economic Theory 2010/09, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Sato, Ryuzo, 1977. "Homothetic and Non-Homothetic CES Production Functions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(4), pages 559-569, September.
- Bogetoft, Peter & Fare, Rolf & Obel, Borge, 2006.
"Allocative efficiency of technically inefficient production units,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 168(2), pages 450-462, January.
- Bogetoft, Peter & Fare, Rolf, 1999. "Allocative Efficiency of Technically Inefficient Production Units," Unit of Economics Working papers 24217, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Food and Resource Economic Institute.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Fare, Rolf & Knox Lovell, C. A., 1978. "Measuring the technical efficiency of production," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 150-162, October.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Greene, William H, 1976. "Economies of Scale in U.S. Electric Power Generation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 655-676, August.
- Manthos Delis & Maria Iosifidi & Efthymios G. Tsionas, 2014. "On the Estimation of Marginal Cost," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 62(3), pages 543-556, June.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Chung, Yangho & Fare, Rolf, 1996. "Benefit and Distance Functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 407-419, August.
- Simar, Léopold & Vanhems, Anne & Wilson, Paul W., 2012. "Statistical inference for DEA estimators of directional distances," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 220(3), pages 853-864.
- Jacobsen, S E, 1970. "Production Correspondences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 38(5), pages 754-771, September.
- Lee, Chia-Yen, 2014. "Meta-data envelopment analysis: Finding a direction towards marginal profit maximization," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 237(1), pages 207-216.
- Robert Chambers & Thomas Mitchell, 2001. "Homotheticity and Non-Radial Changes," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 31-39, January.
- repec:spr:compst:v:60:y:2004:i:1:p:101-123 is not listed on IDEAS
- R. Färe & S. Grosskopf & G. Whittaker, 2013. "Directional output distance functions: endogenous directions based on exogenous normalization constraints," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 267-269, December.
- Kopp, Raymond J. & Diewert, W. Erwin, 1982. "The decomposition of frontier cost function deviations into measures of technical and allocative efficiency," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 319-331, August.
- Walter Briec & Philippe Gardères, 2004. "Generalized benefit functions and measurement of utility," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 60(1), pages 101-123, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:107:y:2017:i:c:p:258-277 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jproda:v:48:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11123-017-0512-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pastor, Jesus T. & Zofio, Jose L., 2017. "Can Farrell's allocative efficiency be generalized by the directional distance function approach?Author-Name: Aparicio, Juan," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 257(1), pages 345-351.
- Xin ZHAO & Yong PENG & Yuemei XUE & Shun YUAN, 2016. "Spatial Patterns of Ocean Economic Efficiency and their Influencing Factors in Chinese Coastal Regions," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 35-49, December.
- Álvarez, Inmaculada & Barbero, Javier & Zofío, Jose Luis, 2016. "A Data Envelopment Analysis Toolbox for MATLAB," Working Papers in Economic Theory 2016/03, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- Juan Aparicio & José L. Zofío, 2017.
"Revisiting the decomposition of cost efficiency for non-homothetic technologies: a directional distance function approach,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 133-146, December.
- Aparicio, Juan & Zofío, José L., 2017. "Revisiting the Decomposition of Cost Efficiency for Non-homothetic Technologies: A Directional Distance Function Approach," Efficiency Series Papers 2017/01, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
More about this item
KeywordsData Envelopment Analysis; Overall efficiency; Technical efficiency; Allocative efficiency; Homotheticity.;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uam:wpaper:201311. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andrés Maroto-Sánchez). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dauames.html .