Accounting for slacks to measure and decompose revenue efficiency in the Spanish Designation of Origin wines with DEA
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ornella Maietta & Vania Sena, 2008. "Is competition really bad news for cooperatives? Some empirical evidence for Italian producers’ cooperatives," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 221-233, June.
- Angel Prieto & José ZofIo, 2001. "Evaluating Effectiveness in Public Provision of Infrastructure and Equipment: The Case of Spanish Municipalities," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 41-58, January.
- R.F. Townsend & J. Kirsten & N. Vink, 1998.
"Farm size, productivity and returns to scale in agriculture revisited: a case study of wine producers in South Africa,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 19(1-2), pages 175-180, September.
- Townsend, R. F. & Kirsten, J. & Vink, N., 1998. "Farm size, productivity and returns to scale in agriculture revisited: a case study of wine producers in South Africa," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 19(1-2), pages 175-180, September.
- Bogetoft, Peter & Fare, Rolf & Obel, Borge, 2006.
"Allocative efficiency of technically inefficient production units,"
European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 168(2), pages 450-462, January.
- Bogetoft, Peter & Fare, Rolf, 1999. "Allocative Efficiency of Technically Inefficient Production Units," Unit of Economics Working Papers 24217, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Food and Resource Economic Institute.
- Barros, Carlos Pestana & Santos, J.C. Gomes, 2007. "Comparing the Productive Efficiency of Cooperatives and Private Enterprises: The Portuguese Wine Industry as a Case Study," Journal of Rural Cooperation, Hebrew University, Center for Agricultural Economic Research, vol. 35(2), pages 1-14.
- Manevska-Tasevska, Gordana & Hansson, Helena, 2010. "Influence of rural development policy targets on farm efficiency: An efficiency study of labour intensive grape growing family farms," IAMO Forum 2010: Institutions in Transition – Challenges for New Modes of Governance 52696, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO).
- Cooper, W.W. & Pastor, Jesus T. & Aparicio, Juan & Borras, Fernando, 2011. "Decomposing profit inefficiency in DEA through the weighted additive model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 212(2), pages 411-416, July.
- Cook, Wade D. & Hababou, Moez, 2001. "Sales performance measurement in bank branches," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 299-307, August.
- Arandia Miura, Amaia & Aldanondo-Ochoa, Ana, 2007. "Eficiencia tecnica y medioambiental de las explotaciones vinicolas ecologicas versus convencionales," Revista Espanola de Estudios Agrosociales y Pesqueros, Ministerio de Medio Ambiente, Rural y Marino (formerly Ministry of Agriculture), issue 215-216, pages 1-30.
- Stefan Bojnec & Laure Latruffe, 2009.
"Determinants of technical efficiency of Slovenian farms,"
Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 117-124.
- Stefan Bojnec & Laure Latruffe, 2007. "Determinants of technical efficiency of Slovenian farms," Post-Print hal-02319376, HAL.
- Stefan Bojnec & Laure Latruffe, 2009. "Determinants of technical efficiency of Slovenian farms," Post-Print hal-02662290, HAL.
- Gonzalez, Eduardo & Alvarez, Antonio, 2001. "From efficiency measurement to efficiency improvement: The choice of a relevant benchmark," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 133(3), pages 512-520, September.
- Knox Lovell, C. A. & Pastor, Jesus T. & Turner, Judi A., 1995. "Measuring macroeconomic performance in the OECD: A comparison of European and non-European countries," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 507-518, December.
- Carvalho, Maria Leonor da Silva & Henriques, Pedro Damiao de Sousa & Costa, Fatima & Pereira, Rui, 2008. "Characterisation And Technical Efficiency Of Portuguese Wine Farms," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44130, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Angelo Zago, 2007. "A Nonparametric Analysis of Production Models with Multidimensional Quality," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(3), pages 751-764.
- Fare, Rolf & Knox Lovell, C. A., 1978. "Measuring the technical efficiency of production," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 150-162, October.
- E. Grifell-Tatjé & C. Lovell & J. Pastor, 1998. "A Quasi-Malmquist Productivity Index," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 7-20, July.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Chung, Yangho & Fare, Rolf, 1996. "Benefit and Distance Functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 407-419, August.
- William Cooper & Jesús Pastor & Fernando Borras & Juan Aparicio & Diego Pastor, 2011. "BAM: a bounded adjusted measure of efficiency for use with bounded additive models," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 85-94, April.
- Kuosmanen, Timo & Kortelainen, Mika & Sipiläinen, Timo & Cherchye, Laurens, 2010. "Firm and industry level profit efficiency analysis using absolute and uniform shadow prices," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 202(2), pages 584-594, April.
- Robert Chambers & Thomas Mitchell, 2001. "Homotheticity and Non-Radial Changes," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 31-39, January.
- Pastor, J. T. & Ruiz, J. L. & Sirvent, I., 1999. "An enhanced DEA Russell graph efficiency measure," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 596-607, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pastor, Jesus T. & Zofio, Jose L., 2017. "Can Farrell's allocative efficiency be generalized by the directional distance function approach?Author-Name: Aparicio, Juan," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 257(1), pages 345-351.
- Tóth, József & Gál, Péter, 2014. "Is the New Wine World more efficient? Factors influencing technical efficiency of wine production," Studies in Agricultural Economics, Research Institute for Agricultural Economics, vol. 116(2), pages 1-5, August.
- Ayouba, Kassoum & Boussemart, Jean-Philippe & Lefer, Henri-Bertrand & Leleu, Hervé & Parvulescu, Raluca, 2019.
"A measure of price advantage and its decomposition into output- and input-specific effects,"
European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 276(2), pages 688-698.
- Kassoum Ayouba & Jean-Philippe Boussemart & Henri-Bertrand Lefer & Hervé Leleu & Raluca Parvulescu, 2019. "A measure of price advantage and its decomposition into output- and input-specific effects," Post-Print hal-02095893, HAL.
- Aparicio, Juan & Borras, Fernando & Pastor, Jesus T. & Vidal, Fernando, 2015. "Measuring and decomposing firm׳s revenue and cost efficiency: The Russell measures revisited," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 19-28.
- Jradi, Samah & Bouzdine Chameeva, Tatiana & Aparicio, Juan, 2019. "The measurement of revenue inefficiency over time: An additive perspective," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 167-180.
- Aparicio, Juan & Borras, Fernando & Pastor, Jesús T. & Zofio, Jose Luis, 2015. "Loss Distance Functions and Profit Function: General Duality Results," Working Papers in Economic Theory 2015/06, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- Ruiz Fuensanta, María Jesús & Hernández Sancho, Francesc & Soler i Marco, Vicent, 2015. "In vino veritas: competitive factors in wine-producing industrial districts," INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 32, pages 149-164.
- Ana MARTA-COSTA & Vitor MARTINHO & Micael SANTOS, 2017. "Productive Efficiency Of Portuguese Vineyard Regions," Regional Science Inquiry, Hellenic Association of Regional Scientists, vol. 0(2), pages 97-107, December.
- Karagiannis, Giannis & Melfou, Katerina, 2015. "Efficiency analysis in a sample of PGI bean producers in Greece," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 16(2), pages 1-14.
- Lozano, S. & Hinojosa, M.A. & Mármol, A.M., 2015. "Set-valued DEA production games," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 92-100.
- Jenifer Piesse & Beatrice Conradie & Colin Thirtle & Nick Vink, 2018. "Efficiency in wine grape production: comparing longâ€ established and newly developed regions of South Africa," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 49(2), pages 203-212, March.
More about this item
KeywordsData Envelopment Analysis; Spanish wine sector; Revenue inefficiency; Slacks;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:231:y:2013:i:2:p:443-451. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.