An overall measure of technical inefficiency at the firm and at the industry level: The ‘lost profit on outlay’
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Silva Portela, Maria Conceicao A. & Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 2005. "Profitability of a sample of Portuguese bank branches and its decomposition into technical and allocative components," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 162(3), pages 850-866, May.
- Cooper, W.W. & Pastor, Jesus T. & Aparicio, Juan & Borras, Fernando, 2011. "Decomposing profit inefficiency in DEA through the weighted additive model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 212(2), pages 411-416, July.
- Subhash Ray, 2007. "Shadow profit maximization and a measure of overall inefficiency," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 231-236, June.
- Leleu, Hervé & Briec, Walter, 2009.
"A DEA estimation of a lower bound for firms' allocative efficiency without information on price data,"
International Journal of Production Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 121(1), pages 203-211, September.
- H. Leleu & W. Briec, 2009. "A DEA Estimation of a Lower Bound for Firms' Allocative Efficiency Without Information on Price Data," Post-Print halshs-00476537, HAL.
- Banker, Rajiv D & Maindiratta, Ajay, 1988. "Nonparametric Analysis of Technical and Allocative Efficiencies in Production," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(6), pages 1315-1332, November.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Golany, B. & Seiford, L. & Stutz, J., 1985. "Foundations of data envelopment analysis for Pareto-Koopmans efficient empirical production functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 91-107.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Rolf Färe & Shawna Grosskopf, 2000. "Theory and Application of Directional Distance Functions," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 93-103, March.
- William Cooper & Jesús Pastor & Fernando Borras & Juan Aparicio & Diego Pastor, 2011. "BAM: a bounded adjusted measure of efficiency for use with bounded additive models," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 85-94, April.
- Kuosmanen, Timo & Kortelainen, Mika & Sipiläinen, Timo & Cherchye, Laurens, 2010. "Firm and industry level profit efficiency analysis using absolute and uniform shadow prices," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 202(2), pages 584-594, April.
- Pastor, J. T. & Ruiz, J. L. & Sirvent, I., 1999. "An enhanced DEA Russell graph efficiency measure," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 596-607, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pastor, Jesus T. & Zofio, Jose L., 2017. "Can Farrell's allocative efficiency be generalized by the directional distance function approach?Author-Name: Aparicio, Juan," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 257(1), pages 345-351.
- Hien Thu Pham & Antonio Peyrache, 2015. "Industry Inefficiency Measures: A Unifying Approximation Proposition," CEPA Working Papers Series WP102015, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Hidemichi Fujii & Jing Cao & Shunsuke Managi, 2015.
"Decomposition of Productivity Considering Multi-environmental Pollutants in Chinese Industrial Sector,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(1), pages 75-84, February.
- Hidemichi Fujii & Jing Cao & Shunsuke Managi, 2014. "Decomposition of productivity considering multi-environmental pollutants in Chinese industrial sector," Working Papers SDES-2014-9, Kochi University of Technology, School of Economics and Management, revised Oct 2014.
- Fujii, Hidemichi & Cao, Jing & Managi, Shunsuke, 2014. "Decomposition of productivity considering multi-environmental pollutants in Chinese industrial sector," MPRA Paper 57997, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aparicio, Juan & Ortiz, Lidia & Pastor, Jesus T., 2017. "Measuring and decomposing profit inefficiency through the Slacks-Based Measure," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 260(2), pages 650-654.
- Peyrache, Antonio, 2015. "Cost constrained industry inefficiency," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 247(3), pages 996-1002.
- Olesen, Ole B. & Ruggiero, John, 2014. "Maintaining the Regular Ultra Passum Law in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 235(3), pages 798-809.
- Subhash C. Ray & Kankana Mukherjee, 2017. "A Reverse Directional Distance Function to Reconcile Between Competing Efficiency Goals: An Application to Indian Manufacturing," Working papers 2017-08, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Kenneth Løvold Rødseth, 2017. "Environmental regulations and allocative efficiency: application to coal-to-gas substitution in the U.S. electricity sector," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 129-142, April.
- Peyrache, Antonio & Zago, Angelo, 2016. "Large courts, small justice!," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 42-56.
More about this item
KeywordsData envelopment analysis; Directional Distance Function; Profit inefficiency;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:226:y:2013:i:1:p:154-162. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.