A DEA estimation of a lower bound for firms' allocative efficiency without information on price data
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- H. Leleu & W. Briec, 2009. "A DEA Estimation of a Lower Bound for Firms' Allocative Efficiency Without Information on Price Data," Post-Print halshs-00476537, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Luenberger, David G., 1992. "Benefit functions and duality," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 461-481.
- Rodriguez-Alvarez, Ana & Fernandez-Blanco, Victor & Lovell, C. A. Knox, 2004. "Allocative inefficiency and its cost:: The case of Spanish public hospitals," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 99-111, November.
- Rodriguez-Alvarez, Ana & Tovar, Beatriz & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2007. "Firm and time varying technical and allocative efficiency: An application to port cargo handling firms," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(1-2), pages 149-161, September.
- Briec, Walter & Comes, Christine & Kerstens, Kristiaan, 2006.
"Temporal technical and profit efficiency measurement: Definitions, duality and aggregation results,"
International Journal of Production Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 48-63, September.
- Walter Briec & Christine Comes & Kristiaan Kerstens, 2005. "Temporal Technical and Profit Efficiency Measurement: Definitions, Duality and Aggregation Results," Working Papers 2005-ECO-01, IESEG School of Management.
- W. Briec & C. Comes & K. Kerstens, 2006. "Temporal technical and profit efficiency measurement: Definitions, duality and aggregation results," Post-Print hal-00211164, HAL.
- Halme, Merja & Joro, Tarja & Koivu, Matti, 2002. "Dealing with interval scale data in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 137(1), pages 22-27, February.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Li, Sung-Ko, 1992. " Linear Programming Models for Firm and Industry Performance," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(4), pages 599-608.
- Ylvinger, Svante, 2000. "Industry performance and structural efficiency measures: Solutions to problems in firm models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 121(1), pages 164-174, February.
- W. Briec, 1997. "A Graph-Type Extension of Farrell Technical Efficiency Measure," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 95-110, March.
- Ray, Subhash C. & Chen, Lei & Mukherjee, Kankana, 2008.
"Input price variation across locations and a generalized measure of cost efficiency,"
International Journal of Production Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 208-218, December.
- Subhash C. Ray & Lei Chen & Kankana Mukherjee, 2008. "Input Price Variation Across Locations and a Generalized Measure of Cost Efficiency," Working papers 2008-11, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Briec, W. & Lemaire, B., 1999. "Technical efficiency and distance to a reverse convex set," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 114(1), pages 178-187, April.
- Cherchye, Laurens & Kuosmanen, Timo & Post, Thierry, 2002. "Non-parametric production analysis in non-competitive environments," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 279-294, December.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Chung, Yangho & Fare, Rolf, 1996. "Benefit and Distance Functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 407-419, August.
- Walter Briec & Benoit Dervaux & Hervé Leleu, 2003. "Aggregation of Directional Distance Functions and Industrial Efficiency," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 79(3), pages 237-261, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aparicio, Juan & Pastor, Jesus T. & Ray, Subhash C., 2013. "An overall measure of technical inefficiency at the firm and at the industry level: The ‘lost profit on outlay’," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 226(1), pages 154-162.
- Wang, Ying-Ming & Chin, Kwai-Sang, 2010. "Some alternative models for DEA cross-efficiency evaluation," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 128(1), pages 332-338, November.
- Juan Aparicio & Jesus T. Pastor & Subhash Ray, 2012. "An Overall Measure of Technical Inefficiency at the Firm and at the Industrial Level: The 'Lost Return on the Dollar' Revisited," Working papers 2012-02, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Mahlberg, Bernhard & Sahoo, Biresh K., 2011. "Radial and non-radial decompositions of Luenberger productivity indicator with an illustrative application," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(2), pages 721-726, June.
- Fang, Lei & Li, Hecheng, 2013. "A comment on “solving the puzzles of structural efficiency”," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 230(2), pages 444-446.
- Francesco Sandulli & José Fernández-Menéndez & Antonio Rodríguez-Duarte & José López-Sánchez, 2012. "The productivity payoff of information technology in multimarket SMEs," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 99-117, July.
More about this item
KeywordsData envelopment analysis Firm efficiency Industry efficiency Allocative efficiency Directional distance function Lower bound;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:121:y:2009:i:1:p:203-211. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.