Some alternative models for DEA cross-efficiency evaluation
Cross-efficiency evaluation is an effective method for ranking decision-making units (DMUs) in data envelopment analysis (DEA) and can be performed with different formulations (aggressive or benevolent), secondary goals, and models. This paper proposes some new alternative models for DEA cross-efficiency evaluation to provide more methodological options for the decision maker (DM) to choose from. The proposed new alternative models are illustrated with two numerical examples. The results are believed to be more realistic than those obtained by the alternative secondary goals suggested by Liang et al. [Liang, L., Wu, J., Cook, W.D. and Zhu, J., 2008a. Alternative secondary goals in DEA cross-efficiency evaluation. International Journal of Production Economics 113 (2), 1025-1030].
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lu, Wen-Min & Lo, Shih-Fang, 2007. "A closer look at the economic-environmental disparities for regional development in China," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 183(2), pages 882-894, December.
- Wu, Desheng Dash, 2009. "Performance evaluation: An integrated method using data envelopment analysis and fuzzy preference relations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 194(1), pages 227-235, April.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Xu, Jiuping & Li, Bin & Wu, Desheng, 2009. "Rough data envelopment analysis and its application to supply chain performance evaluation," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(2), pages 628-638, December.
- Green, Rodney H. & Doyle, John R. & Cook, Wade D., 1996. "Preference voting and project ranking using DEA and cross-evaluation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 461-472, May.
- Tofallis, C., 1996. "Improving discernment in DEA using profiling," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 361-364, June.
- Barros, Carlos Pestana & Peypoch, Nicolas, 2009. "An evaluation of European airlines' operational performance," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(2), pages 525-533, December.
- Kao, Chiang, 2010. "Congestion measurement and elimination under the framework of data envelopment analysis," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 123(2), pages 257-265, February.
- Bruni, M.E. & Conforti, D. & Beraldi, P. & Tundis, E., 2009. "Probabilistically constrained models for efficiency and dominance in DEA," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 219-228, January.
- Shang, Jen & Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki, 1995. "A unified framework for the selection of a Flexible Manufacturing System," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 297-315, September.
- Leleu, Hervé & Briec, Walter, 2009.
"A DEA estimation of a lower bound for firms' allocative efficiency without information on price data,"
International Journal of Production Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 121(1), pages 203-211, September.
- H. Leleu & W. Briec, 2009. "A DEA Estimation of a Lower Bound for Firms' Allocative Efficiency Without Information on Price Data," Post-Print halshs-00476537, HAL.
- Liang, Liang & Wu, Jie & Cook, Wade D. & Zhu, Joe, 2008. "Alternative secondary goals in DEA cross-efficiency evaluation," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 1025-1030, June.
- Ertay, Tijen & Ruan, Da, 2005. "Data envelopment analysis based decision model for optimal operator allocation in CMS," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 164(3), pages 800-810, August.
- Liang Liang & Jie Wu & Wade D. Cook & Joe Zhu, 2008. "The DEA Game Cross-Efficiency Model and Its Nash Equilibrium," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 56(5), pages 1278-1288, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:128:y:2010:i:1:p:332-338. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.