Allocative inefficiency and its cost:: The case of Spanish public hospitals
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna, 1990. "A distance function approach to price efficiency," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 123-126, October.
- Atkinson, Scott E & Cornwell, Christopher, 1994. "Parametric Estimation of Technical and Allocative Inefficiency with Panel Data," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(1), pages 231-243, February.
- Atkinson, Scott E. & Primont, Daniel, 2002. "Stochastic estimation of firm technology, inefficiency, and productivity growth using shadow cost and distance functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 203-225, June.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Ferrier, Gary D. & Lovell, C. A. Knox, 1990. "Measuring cost efficiency in banking : Econometric and linear programming evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 229-245.
- Maietta, Ornella Wanda, 2002. "The effect of the normalisation of the shadow price vector on the cost function estimation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 381-385, November.
- Bauer, Paul W., 1990. "Recent developments in the econometric estimation of frontiers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 39-56.
- Kopp, Raymond J. & Diewert, W. Erwin, 1982. "The decomposition of frontier cost function deviations into measures of technical and allocative efficiency," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 319-331, August.
- Grosskopf Shawna & Hayes Kathy, 1993. "Local Public Sector Bureaucrats and Their Input Choices," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 151-166, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rosella Levaggi & Marcello Montefiori, 2013. "Patient selection in a mixed oligopoly market for health care: the role of the soft budget constraint," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 60(1), pages 49-70, March.
- Rodriguez-Alvarez, Ana & Tovar, Beatriz & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2007. "Firm and time varying technical and allocative efficiency: An application to port cargo handling firms," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(1-2), pages 149-161, September.
- Park, Timothy A. & Lohr, Luanne, 2010.
"Assessing the Technical and Allocative Efficiency of U.S. Organic Producers,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 0(Number 2), May.
- Park, Timothy A. & Lohr, Luanne, 2010. "Assessing the Technical and Allocative Efficiency of U.S. Organic Producers," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(02), pages 247-259, May.
- Tang, Jianjun & Folmer, Henk & Xue, Jianhong, 2015. "Technical and allocative efficiency of irrigation water use in the Guanzhong Plain, China," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 43-52.
- Fabrizio Erbetta & Carmelo Petraglia, 2011.
"Drivers of Regional Efficiency Differentials in Italy: Technical Inefficiency or Allocative Distortions?,"
Growth and Change,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 351-375, September.
- Fabrizio Erbetta & Carmelo Petraglia, 2008. "Drivers of regional efficiency differentials in Italy: technical inefficiency or allocative distortions?," CERIS Working Paper 200802, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY -NOW- Research Institute on Sustainable Economic Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY.
- Tim Coelli & Gholamreza Hajargasht & C.A. Knox Lovell, 2008. "Econometric Estimation of an Input Distance Function in a System of Equations," CEPA Working Papers Series WP012008, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Pablo Arocena & Ariadna García-Prado, 2007. "Accounting for quality in the measurement of hospital performance: evidence from Costa Rica," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(7), pages 667-685.
- Daniel Friesner & Matthew McPherson & Robert Rosenman, 2006.
"Are Hospitals Seasonally Inefficient? Evidence from Washington State Hospitals,"
2006-3, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Friesner, Daniel L. & McPherson, Matthew Q. & Rosenman, Robert, 2006. "Are Hospitals Seasonally Inefficient? Evidence from Washington State Hospitals," Working Papers 12957, Washington State University, School of Economic Sciences.
- Rajitkanok Puenpatom & Robert Rosenman, 2008. "Efficiency of Thai provincial public hospitals during the introduction of universal health coverage using capitation," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 319-338, December.
- Leleu, Hervé & Briec, Walter, 2009.
"A DEA estimation of a lower bound for firms' allocative efficiency without information on price data,"
International Journal of Production Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 121(1), pages 203-211, September.
- H. Leleu & W. Briec, 2009. "A DEA Estimation of a Lower Bound for Firms' Allocative Efficiency Without Information on Price Data," Post-Print halshs-00476537, HAL.
- Lohr, Luanne & Park, Timothy A., 2011. "Assessing the Technical and Allocative Efficiency of Marketing Decisions by U.S. Organic Producers," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103365, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:92:y:2004:i:2:p:99-111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.