Excess capacity and expense preference behaviour in National Health Systems: an application to the Spanish public hospitals
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Mark Pauly, 1980. "Doctors and Their Workshops: Economic Models of Physician Behavior," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number paul80-1.
- Cornes,Richard, 1992. "Duality and Modern Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521336017.
- R. G. Evans, 1971. "'Behavioural' Cost Functions for Hospitals," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 4(2), pages 198-215, May.
- McGuire, Alistair, 1987. "The measurement of hospital efficiency," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 24(9), pages 719-724, January.
- Grosskopf Shawna & Hayes Kathy, 1993. "Local Public Sector Bureaucrats and Their Input Choices," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 151-166, March.
- Keeler, Theodore E & Ying, John S, 1996.
"Hospital Costs and Excess Bed Capacity: A Statistical Analysis,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 78(3), pages 470-481, August.
- Keeler, Theodore E. & Ying, John S., 1993. "Hospital Costs and Excess Bed Capacity: A Statistical Analysis," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt7cb0d9zc, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna, 1990. "A distance function approach to price efficiency," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 123-126, October.
- Ferrier, Gary D. & Lovell, C. A. Knox, 1990. "Measuring cost efficiency in banking : Econometric and linear programming evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 229-245.
- Guillem López Casasnovas & Adam Wagstaff, 1988. "La combinación de los factores productivos en el hospital: una aproximación a la función de producción," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 12(2), pages 305-327, May.
- Jensen, Gail A & Morrisey, Michael A, 1986. "The Role of Physicians in Hospital Production," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(3), pages 432-442, August.
- Coelli, Tim & Perelman, Sergio, 1999. "A comparison of parametric and non-parametric distance functions: With application to European railways," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 326-339, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rodríguez-Álvarez, Ana & Rosete-Rivero, Mayte, 2017.
"Spanish public hospital waiting lists: A theoretical and empirical approach,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 11, pages 1-21.
- Rodríguez-Álvarez, Ana & Rosete-Rivero, Mayte, 2017. "Spanish public hospital waiting lists: A theoretical and empirical approach," Economics Discussion Papers 2017-25, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Briec, Walter & Kerstens, Kristiaan & Prior, Diego & Van de Woestyne, Ignace, 2010.
"Tangency capacity notions based upon the profit and cost functions: A non-parametric approach and a general comparison,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1156-1166, September.
- Briec, Walter & Kerstens, Kristiaan & Prior, Diego & Van de Woestyne, Ignace, 2010. "Tangency Capacity Notions Based upon the Profit and Cost Functions: A Non-Parametric Approach and a General Comparison," Working Papers 2010/04, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
- W. Briec & K. Kerstens & D. Prior & I. Van de Woestyne, 2010. "Tangency capacity notions based upon the profit and cost functions : a non-parametric approach and a general comparison," Post-Print halshs-00507068, HAL.
- Rodriguez-Alvarez, Ana & Tovar, Beatriz & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2007. "Firm and time varying technical and allocative efficiency: An application to port cargo handling firms," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(1-2), pages 149-161, September.
- Ancarani, Alessandro & Di Mauro, Carmela & Gitto, Simone & Mancuso, Paolo & Ayach, Ali, 2016. "Technology acquisition and efficiency in Dubai hospitals," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 113(PB), pages 475-485.
- Rodríguez-Álvarez, Ana & Tovar de la Fe, Beatriz & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2004. "Technical and Allocative Efficiency in Spanish Port Cargo Handling Firms," Efficiency Series Papers 2004/04, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Fabrizio Erbetta & Carmelo Petraglia, 2011.
"Drivers of Regional Efficiency Differentials in Italy: Technical Inefficiency or Allocative Distortions?,"
Growth and Change,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 351-375, September.
- Fabrizio Erbetta & Carmelo Petraglia, 2008. "Drivers of regional efficiency differentials in Italy: technical inefficiency or allocative distortions?," CERIS Working Paper 200802, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY -NOW- Research Institute on Sustainable Economic Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY.
- Tim Coelli & Gholamreza Hajargasht & C.A. Knox Lovell, 2008. "Econometric Estimation of an Input Distance Function in a System of Equations," CEPA Working Papers Series WP012008, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Blank, Jos L. T. & Vogelaar, Iris, 2004. "Specifying technical change: a research on the nature of technical change in Dutch hospital industry," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 448-463, July.
- Ana Rodríguez Álvarez & Víctor Fernández Blanco & José Baños Pino, 2005. "El efecto de la regulación sobre la eficiencia productiva: una aplicación a las compañías ferroviarias europeas," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 29(2), pages 351-378, May.
- Lota, Tamini D. & Bruno, Larue & West, Gale E., 2011. "Technical Efficiency, Environment Efficiency, Productivity and Beneficial Management Practices," Working Papers 102067, Structure and Performance of Agriculture and Agri-products Industry (SPAA).
- Barros, Carlos Pestana & Menezes, Antonio & Vieira, José António Cabral & Peypoch, Nicolas & Solonandrasana, Bernardin, 2007. "An Analysis of Hospital Efficiency and Productivity Growth Using the Luenberger Productivity Indicator," IZA Discussion Papers 2689, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens & Diego Prior, 2009. "Tangency Capacity Notions Based upon the Pro?t and Cost Functions: A Non-Parametric Approach and a Comparison," Working Papers 2009-ECO-05, IESEG School of Management.
- Jos L. T. Blank & Bart L. Van Hulst, 2009. "Productive innovations in hospitals: an empirical research on the relation between technology and productivity in the Dutch hospital industry," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(6), pages 665-679.
- C. A. Knox Lovell & Ana Rodríguez-Álvarez & Alan Wall, 2009.
"The effects of stochastic demand and expense preference behaviour on public hospital costs and excess capacity,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(2), pages 227-235.
- Lovell, Knox & Rodríguez-Álvarez, Ana & Wall, Alan, 2007. "The effects of Stochastic Demand and Expense Preference Behaviour on Public Hospital Cost and Excess Capacity," Efficiency Series Papers 2007/06, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:13:y:2004:i:2:p:157-169. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.