Police Efficiency in Offences Cleared: An Analysis of English "Basic Command Units"
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Amor Diez-Ticio & Maria-Jesus Mancebon, 2002.
"The efficiency of the Spanish police service: an application of the multiactivity DEA model,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(3), pages 351-362.
- Ticio, A.D. & Mancebon, M.J. & Molinero, C.M., 2000. "The Efficiency of the Spanish Policy Service: an Application of the Multiactivity DEA Model," Papers 00-154, University of Southampton - Department of Accounting and Management Science.
- Gary S. Becker, 1974. "Crime and Punishment: An Economic Approach," NBER Chapters, in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 1-54 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary S. Becker, 1968. "Crime and Punishment: An Economic Approach," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76, pages 169-169.
- Ferrier, Gary D. & Lovell, C. A. Knox, 1990. "Measuring cost efficiency in banking : Econometric and linear programming evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 229-245.
- Gyimah-Brempong, Kwabena, 1987. "Economies of Scale in Municipal Police Departments: The Case of Florida," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(2), pages 352-356, May.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Roger Carrington & Nara Puthucheary & Deirdre Rose & Suthathip Yaisawarng, 1997. "Performance Measurement in Government Service Provision: The Case of Police Services in New South Wales," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 415-430, November.
- Coelli, Tim & Perelman, Sergio, 1999. "A comparison of parametric and non-parametric distance functions: With application to European railways," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 326-339, September.
- Cornes,Richard, 1992. "Duality and Modern Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521336017, December.
- Drake, Leigh & Simper, Richard, 2000. "Productivity estimation and the size-efficiency relationship in English and Welsh police forces: An application of data envelopment analysis and multiple discriminant analysis," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 53-73, March.
- Drake, Leigh & Simper, R., 2003. "The measurement of English and Welsh police force efficiency: A comparison of distance function models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 147(1), pages 165-186, May.
- Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 1995. "Assessing police forces in England and Wales using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 641-657, December.
- Sun, Shinn, 2002. "Measuring the relative efficiency of police precincts using data envelopment analysis," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 51-71, March.
- Drake, Leigh & Weyman-Jones, Thomas G, 1996. "Productive and Allocative Inefficiencies in U.K. Building Societies: A Comparison of Non-parametric and Stochastic Frontier Techniques," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 64(1), pages 22-37, March. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)