The economic efficiency of rehabilitative management in young offender institutions in England and Wales
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard SIMPER & Thomas WEYMAN-JONES, 2008.
"Evaluating Gains From Mergers In A Non-Parametric Public Good Model Of Police Services,"
Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 79(1), pages 3-33, March.
- Richard Simper & Tom Weyman-Jones, 2006. "Evaluating Gains from Mergers in a Non-Parametric Public Good Model of Police Services," Discussion Paper Series 2006_9, Department of Economics, Loughborough University, revised Mar 2006.
- Golany, B & Roll, Y, 1989. "An application procedure for DEA," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 237-250.
- Fukuyama, Hirofumi & Weber, William L., 2010. "A slacks-based inefficiency measure for a two-stage system with bad outputs," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 398-409, October.
- Kenneth Avio, 1998. "The Economics of Prisons," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 143-175, September.
- Knox Lovell, C. A. & Pastor, Jesus T. & Turner, Judi A., 1995. "Measuring macroeconomic performance in the OECD: A comparison of European and non-European countries," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 507-518, December.
- Fukuyama, Hirofumi & Weber, William L., 2009. "A directional slacks-based measure of technical inefficiency," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 274-287, December.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- W. Liu & W. Meng & X. Li & D. Zhang, 2010. "DEA models with undesirable inputs and outputs," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 173(1), pages 177-194, January.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna, 2004. "Modeling undesirable factors in efficiency evaluation: Comment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 157(1), pages 242-245, August.
- Bayer, Patrick & Pozen, David E, 2005.
"The Effectiveness of Juvenile Correctional Facilities: Public versus Private Management,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(2), pages 549-589, October.
- Patrick Bayer & David E. Pozen, 2003. "The Effectiveness of Juvenile Correctional Facilities: Public versus Private Management," Working Papers 863, Economic Growth Center, Yale University, revised Nov 2004.
- Drake, Leigh M. & Simper, Richard, 2005. "Police Efficiency in Offences Cleared: An Analysis of English "Basic Command Units"," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 186-208, June.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Seiford, Lawrence M. & Zhu, Joe, 2002. "Modeling undesirable factors in efficiency evaluation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 16-20, October.
- Barros, Carlos Pestana & Managi, Shunsuke & Matousek, Roman, 2012. "The technical efficiency of the Japanese banks: Non-radial directional performance measurement with undesirable output," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 1-8, January.
- Hall, Maximilian J.B. & Kenjegalieva, Karligash A. & Simper, Richard, 2011. "An alternative to the weighted score card approach to measuring performance: An analysis of English and Welsh probation boards," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 184-193, December.
- Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 1995. "Assessing police forces in England and Wales using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 641-657, December.
- Leigh M. Drake & Richard Simper, 2005. "The Measurement Of Police Force Efficiency: An Assessment Of U.K. Home Office Policy," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 23(4), pages 465-482, October.
- Marques, Rui & Simões, Pedro, 2009. "How far are Portuguese prisons inefficient? A non-parametric approach," MPRA Paper 19565, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Scheel, Holger, 2001. "Undesirable outputs in efficiency valuations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 132(2), pages 400-410, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rogge, Nicky & Simper, Richard & Verschelde, Marijn & Hall, Maximilian, 2015. "An analysis of managerialism and performance in English and Welsh male prisons," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 241(1), pages 224-235.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:262:y:2017:i:1:p:306-321 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hennebel, Veerle & Simper, Richard & Verschelde, Marijn, 2017.
"Is there a prison size dilemma? An empirical analysis of output-specific economies of scale,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 262(1), pages 306-321.
- Veerle Hennebel & Richard Simper & Marijn Verschelde, 2016. "Is there a prison size dilemma? An empirical analysis of output-specific economies of scale," Working Papers 2016-EQM-09, IESEG School of Management.
More about this item
KeywordsData envelopment analysis; Young offender institutions; Efficiency; Prisons;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H83 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - Public Administration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceps:v:47:y:2013:i:1:p:38-49. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/seps .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.